AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-03-31, 02:03   Link #2521
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Spoiler for Daedalus:

Nirushu (似主) = Resemblance Master. This pretty much describes what he does all the time.

*Supposed to be epic foreshadowing*

...Yet most of what I've written is the intro comedy stuff. Ah, the "shit just got real" sinks in even faster when Worst gets her Kuronyan trolling interrupted.

You people have no idea at how much crack I've put into the "concepts" of this fic. Hopefully my ability to rationalize away impossible but awesome stuff will work.
Spoiler:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 02:24   Link #2522
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^Very much.

One thing:

Spoiler for Supah spoilers:

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 18:11   Link #2523
TkMacintosh

*whistles innocently as he drops off a link*

A Certain Date Auction Ch 2 "Sign Up, Bets, and Bribes"
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 18:57   Link #2524
Sumeragi
Banned

This is interesting and unfortunate.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 19:45   Link #2525
Twi

...Mikoto sold herself for a Gekota item...
Old 2012-04-08, 20:59   Link #2526
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah....Let's just say that she was the first one I thought of when I created this chapter.
Old 2012-04-08, 21:01   Link #2527
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
*whistles innocently as he drops off a link*

A Certain Date Auction Ch 2 "Sign Up, Bets, and Bribes"
Prediction for the Accel auction:

Spoiler for Crack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
She's like a doggy. You get a trick for a threat.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-04-08, 22:15   Link #2528
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Prediction for the Accel auction:

Spoiler for Crack:

She's like a doggy. You get a trick for a threat.
>.>

<.<

*smacks Mr. Kyon with Amnesia bat and runs off with idea*
Old 2012-04-08, 22:39   Link #2529
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Holy Crack is for everyone. Just because I'm fucking lazy doesn't mean it it isn't stocked.

I need to spread it all over the place sometimes.

WAIT I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE--

Old 2012-04-09, 17:53   Link #2530
Flere821
Lurker

Hmm... You'd think Accelerator had the brains to know infamy doesn't help in getting dates and that there's no crazy fangirls for the #1 as far as he knows (or we know for that matter ).

Y'know what, I'm gonna go finish that Yuriko chapter I was talking about now. 50% done, and I've just got some more motivation. Index fics (ones that isn't crack or don't suck anyway) seem to feed my muse a lot...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 07:08   Link #2531
judasmartel
*Author

What if Misaka's dad and Touma met?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 07:11   Link #2532
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
What if Misaka's dad and Touma met?
Depending if fukou da and misunderstanding is part of it, he knees Touma in the crotch and yells at him because he's trying to make his daughter "impure" while not married. Along those lines.

Old 2012-04-19, 07:44   Link #2533
judasmartel
*Author

Fukou da, indeed.

"I used to be unlucky like you, then I took a knee to the crotch."
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 17:12   Link #2534
Indekkusu_L_P
Kinshō Mokuroku

This may be the best website and thread to ask this...

I'm an Index roleplayer at twitter, same username as i have here and we're currently in a ' battle phase ' where Index's Johanne's Pen Mode was force activated due to-- errm.. let's skip that and move to the rp scene, here's the current status:

Index -- in Johanne's Pen Mode (Awakened, yeah with that crimson red wings), active spells are: Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani, multiple copies of sword of victory, scarlet stone of pexjarva and sulfur rain will scorch the earth.
Misaka Mikoto -- she's down due to excess blood loss and mental stress
Itsuwa -- barely managed keeping herself alive while protecting herself and misaka.
Accelerator -- currently ' Awakened ' , white wings, halo and all, currently the hero of the rp.

So here's the thing, i kinda casted a small subspace(game reference: did some borrowing since index knows all? spells in existence), where everything is black and white, only silhouttes and shapes can be seen, and all sound disappeared.

Q: Can Index still use/cast spells after that?

Thank you.
Indekkusu_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 17:25   Link #2535
Twi

Index can't because they've restricted her use of Mana, instead she uses magical codes or point out the contradictions in religion. Unless she's in her Pen Mode.
Old 2012-04-19, 17:49   Link #2536
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusu_L_P View Post
This may be the best website and thread to ask this...

Quote:
So here's the thing, i kinda casted a small subspace(game reference: did some borrowing since index knows all? spells in existence), where everything is black and white, only silhouttes and shapes can be seen, and all sound disappeared.

Q: Can Index still use/cast spells after that?

Thank you.
Index knows the theory behind every magic written by humans- that's not to say she knows every spell because new ones keep popping up... Like smart phones.

But as for your question... I don't see why Pendex couldn't cast spells just because she can't see and hear ? Mind explaining your rationale? I'm assuming she's in Pendex mode because you put that as her current 'status'.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 05:14   Link #2537
Indekkusu_L_P
Kinshō Mokuroku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Index knows the theory behind every magic written by humans- that's not to say she knows every spell because new ones keep popping up... Like smart phones.

But as for your question... I don't see why Pendex couldn't cast spells just because she can't see and hear ? Mind explaining your rationale? I'm assuming she's in Pendex mode because you put that as her current 'status'.
Look at it as if it were a game, it's like a ' Silence ' status, everyone inside the subspace are in ' Silence ' and ' Fear '-like or ' Delusion '-like statuses. If a magician can't speak, the magician can't use any spells right?
Old 2012-04-20, 07:40   Link #2538
tsunade666

-_-

but that game rule doesn't apply to index/tamni verse. A magician only chants a spell when they are using a bigger or special spell but most of the time. They can summon or spam you with smaller case spell that doesn't required any chanting. Just the medium used for magic and your own magic energy to use it.
Old 2012-04-20, 07:58   Link #2539
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Look at it as if it were a game, it's like a ' Silence ' status, everyone inside the subspace are in ' Silence ' and ' Fear '-like or ' Delusion '-like statuses. If a magician can't speak, the magician can't use any spells right?
Lol no, if you want a sure way to stop a magician from casting spells the status aliment you aim for is 'paralyze' because some spells can be triggered from motion.

But 'Fear' works as well, you target the brain and hinder their ability to think straight, in fact that's why Index's two normal techniques target the caster's thoughts.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 08:49   Link #2540
Indekkusu_L_P
Kinshō Mokuroku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_-

but that game rule doesn't apply to index/tamni verse. A magician only chants a spell when they are using a bigger or special spell but most of the time. They can summon or spam you with smaller case spell that doesn't required any chanting. Just the medium used for magic and your own magic energy to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol no, if you want a sure way to stop a magician from casting spells the status aliment you aim for is 'paralyze' because some spells can be triggered from motion.

But 'Fear' works as well, you target the brain and hinder their ability to think straight, in fact that's why Index's two normal techniques target the caster's thoughts.
Hmm... that's true but Index always go through monologues before casting and using any of her spells.

eg. ' Chapter 8, Verse 25. Beginning elimination of the person obstructing the remote viewing. Analyzing the structure of the enemy’s spell. ' or ' Chapter 20, Verse 6. Top priority target reset. Reanalysis of the highly dangerous element complete. '

Just confused and making sure.

Another one:
At the end of Vol 18, i want to make things clear, i read the light novel itself in japanese and took a look at BT as well--

Does Index have superhuman ability?(theorised by Touma) or did she breakthrough the asphalt with pure magic?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction