AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 14:06   Link #481
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
How about you learn that quantity doesn't equal quality. How about you learn that different genres influence playability in various ways in games. Take your incessant complaining elsewhere.
How about you learn that having more characters means the game has more variety and your options aren't limited meaning the game won't be boring.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 15:28   Link #482
marvelB

Quote:
Anyways, Moria being confirmed is awesome. MarvelB will surely be pleased .

Damn straight I am.

But Perona being playable sort of came out of nowhere for me. I'd have expected Ryuuma (even if he'd basically be a palette swap of Brooke) or even Absalom would have been more likely as far as TB characters go. But then again, Perona is reasonably popular, so I guess it does make sense in the end.

And now to wait for the DBF characters announcement.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 19:53   Link #483
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
How about you learn that having more characters means the game has more variety and your options aren't limited meaning the game won't be boring.
Variety doesn't mean much when a large roster of characters lack depth. Shallow gameplay gets old fast, thus making the game lose replayability. Not to mention you've been missing one very obvious thing this whole time: they deliberately left out some content in the first game in reserve for it being in this game (that's what sequels do). Of course I don't expect you to understand this, seeing as how everything goes way over your head. Pirate Warriors was a solid game for being the first in a series on a major console.
Old 2013-01-24, 10:38   Link #484
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Variety doesn't mean much when a large roster of characters lack depth. Shallow gameplay gets old fast, thus making the game lose replayability. Not to mention you've been missing one very obvious thing this whole time: they deliberately left out some content in the first game in reserve for it being in this game (that's what sequels do). Of course I don't expect you to understand this, seeing as how everything goes way over your head. Pirate Warriors was a solid game for being the first in a series on a major console.
Variety is better than not adding any characters. Not all OP characters have the same amount of moves like Luffy and Zoro has. There is only so much you can work with when characters have little to none moves. Now if they have a DF you can work with more. Which characters lack depth exactly?

Of course they are going to leave out some stuff for a sequel. Still doesn't change anything about the first game having no content. You have to make up on other parts of the game which they didn't do.
Old 2013-01-24, 12:47   Link #485
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Variety is better than not adding any characters. Not all OP characters have the same amount of moves like Luffy and Zoro has. There is only so much you can work with when characters have little to none moves. Now if they have a DF you can work with more. Which characters lack depth exactly?

Of course they are going to leave out some stuff for a sequel. Still doesn't change anything about the first game having no content. You have to make up on other parts of the game which they didn't do.
Exactly. Not all characters have the same amount of moves that Luffy and Zoro have displayed, for example. Therefore, what would be the point of putting in a character that's shown almost nothing? Generic moves would have to be made up for that character, which would compromise how much time the developers can spend on characters that have shown lots of moves. When developers have more time to focus on less things, depth is added. Larger roster doesn't necessarily equate to an increase in quality.

The first game had adequate content for being the first in a series. It gave the developers enough in reserve to add to this game.

And on that note, I'm done with this discussion. Your complaints all revolve around "quantity", and you don't understand the concept of "balance" with regards to "quality".
Old 2013-01-25, 09:50   Link #486
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While the first game is a full game, I still feel kind of cheated that the second game is basically the first game + more stuff.

You don't have to agree with me but I believe I make myself rather understandable in this.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 12:23   Link #487
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
While the first game is a full game, I still feel kind of cheated that the second game is basically the first game + more stuff.

You don't have to agree with me but I believe I make myself rather understandable in this.
I agree with you, actually. And that's exactly why I didn't buy the first game because I knew they were going to do this (the Dragon Ball games are an excellent example). Initially, I was under the impression that this game wouldn't feature the story arcs of the first game, but rather only the ones that were missing (Skypiea, Thriller Bark, etc.). That's why I was apprehensive at first because I felt that the omissions themselves weren't enough to warrant a sequel (hardly any new content, if you will). But now it looks as though this content is being added to everything from the first game, which makes for quite the complete package.
Old 2013-01-30, 23:24   Link #488
DeathStrike
SLASH!

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 Trailer 3
Old 2013-01-31, 00:45   Link #489
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Huh.... interesting to note is that the trailer shows Crocodile, Mhiawk, Buggy, and Kuzan in the Dream Mode section with their own little cutscenes... is it lightly hinting at them being playable too?
Old 2013-02-05, 10:28   Link #490
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Woah so they decide to include PUNK HAZARD!! Complete with playable Law and Smoker

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 10:51   Link #491
marvelB

^Wow, and to think there were people who were about to give up on the idea of there being a Punk Hazard stage for the sequel.....

Anyway, this is great! Maybe playable Smoker can actually..... y'know, win some battles for once. Anyway, I think this almost about guarantees that we'll be seeing Caesar as a boss, as well.
Old 2013-02-05, 13:46   Link #492
Kona
Banned

Good to hear now If they add more playable even better.
Old 2013-02-05, 15:21   Link #493
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Wow, and to think there were people who were about to give up on the idea of there being a Punk Hazard stage for the sequel.....

Anyway, this is great! Maybe playable Smoker can actually..... y'know, win some battles for once. Anyway, I think this almost about guarantees that we'll be seeing Caesar as a boss, as well.
But it's not like they can include the entirety of the Punk Hazard story arc in this game since not even the manga is finished with it yet and the anime just started on it. CC might be included, but I don't know about Vergo for instance.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:27   Link #494
marvelB

Kona's actually giving his approval on an update for once!? My goodness, has the sun risen from the west today?

Quote:
But it's not like they can include the entirety of the Punk Hazard story arc in this game since not even the manga is finished with it yet and the anime just started on it. CC might be included, but I don't know about Vergo for instance.

Well, that's certainly true, but I'm pretty sure they can add in later characters as a "sneak peak" of sorts. In fact, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the first time it was done for an OP game, either (last I recall, both Hody Jones and Van der Decken appeared in Gigant Battle 2 before either of them actually showed up in the anime).

...Though personally, I can at least see Kinemon making it to the game before Vergo or Monet (he's another swordsman, so I doubt it would be difficult to give him a basic moveset for one game then update it in the future sequels once more of his abilities are revealed).
Old 2013-02-05, 17:39   Link #495
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Well, that's certainly true, but I'm pretty sure they can add in later characters as a "sneak peak" of sorts. In fact, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the first time it was done for an OP game, either (last I recall, both Hody Jones and Van der Decken appeared in Gigant Battle 2 before either of them actually showed up in the anime).

Same was done with Kidd and Kizaru in Unlimited Cruise too~
Old 2013-02-05, 18:15   Link #496
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Kona's actually giving his approval on an update for once!? My goodness, has the sun risen from the west today?
It'll be short-lived. He'll complain about something sooner or later, I assure you.

Quote:

...Though personally, I can at least see Kinemon making it to the game before Vergo or Monet (he's another swordsman, so I doubt it would be difficult to give him a basic moveset for one game then update it in the future sequels once more of his abilities are revealed).
Marco, Jozu, and Vista, would be awesome inclusions. There's definitely enough for them to have adequate movesets.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:48   Link #497
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Actually... now that I think about it... with Smoker and Law confirmed... I wouldn't mind Doflamingo as a boss/playable character... I mean, his powers could work out with this style gameplay and all. They DID fit him into Gigant Battle 2, so it's not impoooossible~
Old 2013-02-06, 12:20   Link #498
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

ONE PIECE | Eiichiro Oda
My editor’s and my first impression after watching the demo of “Kaizoku Muso 2”: “Wow! Powerful! Neat! Sexy!”

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 00:17   Link #499
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well.... just a small little thing. Someone had tweeted OPKM2 Producer Mr. Koinuma to confirm whether Main Log will be in this game or not...

So I guess Dream Story is completely replacing any sort of actual Story Mode we'll be getting~
Old 2013-02-08, 12:44   Link #500
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hopefully Pirate Warriors 3 will have the full proper story mode.

Tags
ps3, video games