AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-06-03, 08:51   Link #2241
shishio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Have you ever read an action Light Novel?

In one split second, the protagonist contemplated a two inch thick paragraph of words, going through conditions, speculations, possibilities, concerns, reasons, deductions etc. Within that two inch paragraph the author can squeeze in whatever information he or she wants to explain the eventual action the hero or villain takes and it wouldn't break the flow of the story because time freezes and everything can make sense. Hell, you can even toss in a history/Science lesson or two.

But this doesn't work for anime because everything is in real time (to us).
Well, I don't usually like to compare a novel and its adaptation. I like to separate those two as a stand alone like Toaru or Shana both are good anime titles. Unfortunately for Aria (anime)....it is just an okay title for me (Fun to watch one time only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
wtf descendant of Jeanne D'Arc O.o She actually looks pretty nice and her weapon looks pretty cool, kinda like how I remember from Jeanne D'Arc psp game.

Everyone seem to be a descendant of someone famous I wonder who Reki or baka-Kinji descendants are. No idea who Kinji's descendant might but, but Reki as some famous sniper?
Reki was a descendant of both 2 famous generals
Spoiler for spoiler:
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 10:44   Link #2242
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishio View Post
Well, I don't usually like to compare a novel and its adaptation. I like to separate those two as a stand alone like Toaru or Shana both are good anime titles. Unfortunately for Aria (anime)....it is just an okay title for me (Fun to watch one time only)
What I meant was that some scenes in written form aren't so easy to translate into real time, especially the narratives (not monologue).
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 07:41   Link #2243
Unknown Soldier
:D

How is this show not a 26 episodes series?
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 07:43   Link #2244
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
How is this show not a 26 episodes series?
A four letter dirty word known as 'cost'.
Old 2011-06-06, 07:47   Link #2245
Unknown Soldier

Quote:
A four letter dirty word known as 'cost'.
Well that's a load of crap. Didn't the LNs sell 1.9+ million copies already? You'd think J.C. Staff would be all over 26 episodes version of this show, it's practically money in the bank drawing interest.
Old 2011-06-06, 07:50   Link #2246
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well that's a load of crap. Didn't the LNs sell 1.9+ million copies already? You'd think J.C. Staff would be all over 26 episodes version of this show, it's practically money in the bank drawing interest.
...Hate to break it to you, but 2 million (give or take), is not exactly in the big league of Light Novels.
Old 2011-06-06, 08:04   Link #2247
Unknown Soldier

Quote:
...Hate to break it to you, but 2 million (give or take), is not exactly in the big league of Light Novels.
Okay, well context would be useful here. What kind of sales are needed to be in the big league of LNs?
Old 2011-06-06, 08:42   Link #2248
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Okay, well context would be useful here. What kind of sales are needed to be in the big league of LNs?
IIRC Index sold over 7.7 million copies...
Old 2011-06-06, 08:46   Link #2249
Zakoo

It could have been bothersome for many reasons to end all the novels in one season of 24 episodes. Cost are the first one obviously but ...
... Honestly, if it's to wait 3-4 years to have the second season I prefer 3 volumes per season but one by year. Well that's only my opinion.

Well Index was also already at volume 16 when season one began, and JC Staff can switch between Index and railgun which is a good compromise.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 09:03   Link #2250
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Sigh, looking for Light novel sales numbers is such a pain -_- They're all so hard to find and people rarely keep proper logs and updates them regularly.

As of right now, the biggest names in Light Novel are (In no specific order) Haruhi, Index, BakaTest, OreImo, Durarara, Bakemono series, Sword Art Online, Boku wa Tomodachi, and... Infinite Stratos (>.>) Most of these probably got their boost from the Anime, with the exception of SAO and Boku wa Tomodachi which doesn't have Animes yet.

JC Staff only had three Light Novel adaptations that have 24 episodes; Shana, Toradora, and Index. As of November 2009, Shana had sold 7.5 million copies. As of July 2009, Toradora sold 3.2 million copies. As of October 2010, Index had sold 10 million copies. And before you point out the obvious, I can't find what's their numbers before the anime came out. Aside from these three series, I can only remember two other adaptation that got a two cour season, Durarara!! and Rental Magica.

Hmmm... Perhaps I should retract my earlier hasty statement; rather than looking at the total sales- the mark of a popular Light Novel series is the sales per volume. Looking at it from that point of view, a series got to hit 100k on opening week I believe...
Old 2011-06-06, 09:25   Link #2251
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
and... Infinite Stratos (>.>)
lol, I knew you'd do that.
Old 2011-06-06, 14:55   Link #2252
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

SAO's big? Nice. Does that mean we can hope an anime soon?

Quote:
JC Staff only had three Light Novel adaptations that have 24 episodes; Shana, Toradora, and Index. As of November 2009, Shana had sold 7.5 million copies. As of July 2009, Toradora sold 3.2 million copies. As of October 2010, Index had sold 10 million copies. And before you point out the obvious, I can't find what's their numbers before the anime came out. Aside from these three series, I can only remember two other adaptation that got a two cour season, Durarara!! and Rental Magica.
And Chrome Shelled Regios. And Full Metal Panic. Hm, would Marimite's multiple seasons count?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2011-06-06 at 15:24.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 15:19   Link #2253
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I don't know much the anime industry but from what I can gather, in my opinion, it's just popular enough to get one massive Light Novel advertisement but not popular enough for a full adaption.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 18:27   Link #2254
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I could die happily once finishing it.

Already 10 volumes of SAO, I can't wait, i'm sure at the end of the year we know it will air.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 18:46   Link #2255
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I assumed it's big; everybody kept saying it was. And I've read the first volume myself, so I know it's not a stretch to imagine.

Quote:
And Chrome Shelled Regios. And Full Metal Panic. Hm, would Marimite's multiple seasons count?
And Legend of the Legendary Heroes.
Old 2011-06-09, 02:31   Link #2256
Velsy

Ima really suprised this anime got its own sub-forum... I've not watched it since episode 4 or 5, its a bad anime "imo".

but I guess I am one of the minority.

but since I started it, I will have to finish it at some point <.<
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 02:48   Link #2257
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Ima really suprised this anime got its own sub-forum... I've not watched it since episode 4 or 5, its a bad anime "imo".

The original material is not really at fault, I have started reading it and found it quite enjoyable. The problem is that the execution of the anime range from bad, but not horribad, to just good. The fight in episode 4 showed what good it could be if the director have actually gotten his shit together. Otoh, that running scene in episode 7 and how they treated Jeanne vs Himiko with like over 30 seconds of lol talk and lol flashback... I really have no words for it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 12:40   Link #2258
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

I've watched all the episodes so far and my opinion about it is basically the same. However, I'm not surprised it got a sub-forum. All the other J.C. Staff shows that have the same set-up got them too. -___-

Definitely in the minority but not alone in your opinion.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:16   Link #2259
AP24

I found this at the TBS anime website

【TBS】6月23日(木)の放送は休止となります
【TBS】6月30日(木)の放送は#11深夜1時40分~ #12深夜2時10分~となります

It looks like they won't air episode 11 at 23 June but will air it together with episode 12 at 30 June. To be honest, I prefer it this way since I probably will want to watch episode 12 immediately after finish watching 11.

Also, over 2 millions in 9 volumes is quite a big sale actually. I am sure after the anime this season finished airing, the first DVD/blu ray and 10th volume come out, the number of sales will increase largely. If DVD/BD sales will be good as well, I am sure we will get another season.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 20:37   Link #2260
tsunade666

Over 2 millions in 9 volume and that sales maybe pretty updated because 1.9 millions is the sales when the anime hasn't aired yet. It's been weeks already.

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere