AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-12, 19:00   Link #2081
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep18:
Spoiler for Not much left:
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 01:23   Link #2082
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Spoiler for Not much left:
Ugh, when I look at that, I think just one more episode would even out the pace at the end. Drama isn't drama if it's just brushed off immediately to go to the next event.

Episode 18:
* basically completely faithful to the Justice (Nanako) and Heirophant (Dojima) Social Links.
* here, Yuu and Dojima search for Nanako by themselves, but in the game Yuu also calls the rest of the team to help.
* Nope, we still don't get to see Mrs. Dojima's face, but we do get to see the opposite shore of the Samegawa River (it's full of apartment buildings).
* Still not done: the rest of Yosuke's, Yukiko's, Rise's, and Naoto's Social Links. Sun has not even been established yet. With only seven episodes left, and a lot of plot in the endgame, I don't see how any of that can be squeezed in.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 08:39   Link #2083
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Devil Survivor anime made by WHITE FOX would be glorious.
This so much, although I would hand it to BRAINBASE if I had my way. They are masters of creating a setting that just draws you into the world. Look at their work with Durarara, Baccano and Spice and Wolf. The setting was half of what made Devil Survivor's story as great as it was.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 09:42   Link #2084
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ I think having a rich setting and properly presented through the stories has more to do with the source material in the examples you brought up rather than the animation studio.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:46   Link #2085
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ I think having a rich setting and properly presented through the stories has more to do with the source material in the examples you brought up rather than the animation studio.
That is true, but I'm just showing how they can proficiently adapt a variety of very unique settings into anime form. A less capable studio would cause a lot to get lost in transition to another medium. A good example of this is Deen with their adaption of Fate/Stay Night, while a capable studio can elevate an adaptation above the source material (Kyoani with Haruhi).

The reason why I called out Brainbase is because they have a lot of experience with adapting from a range of very varied settings, with very good results (the examples I mentioned, Durarara's hypermodern Japan, Baccano's prohibition era, spice and wolf's medieval)
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 16:09   Link #2086
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
He got friends mainly because of the "new kid" title. In real life It's fairly easy to make friends with someone who just transferred from another school mainly because YOU KNOW they're gonna be all alone and they most likely would welcome new friends as long as you're not too weird or they're not anti-social. Sure the transfer may be quiet and closed off but as their comfort zone builds up you start to come out of your shell.

Plus Yosuke was a transfer too and Chie made friends with him because of it so being as how they have prior experience with new kids plus they're friendly enough they figured they'd made any transfer student that come in feel welcome as long as they don't seem too out there, like they originally felt out Kanji before he was recruited.

In short don't underestimate the title of "the new kid".
I know what it's like, I did not only change schools, I also changed country of living. 5 years ago I moved from a Russian talking country to UK and went to High School.

However, if you keep being quiet like Yuu, all the people who were interested in you will eventually leave.

"New kid" title doesn't last that long and if you don't do something to stand out, you'll be forgotten or picked on.

Truthfully, the only real reason why they are that close is the case, and I'm glad that Yuu was having his worries when case had "finished" since it shows that he realized that too.
Old 2012-02-16, 13:06   Link #2087
tsunade666

Episode 19 was a real wild episode.

Nice episode with the Sun Arcana Ayane. They also show the one from the drama club but only for a few seconds and only as a background character in the the theater act for the cultural festival. They had done tons of events in this episode. From the sun to a bit of empress and even a date for Ayane and Ai taking away Yu in the middle of it

It also has BL scenes -_- and the girls are clearly in love with Yu specially the 3 girls >.< the affection was shown clear. They also do a bit of the lovers arcana route for Rise but the one I like the best is the beauty contest which is really terrific

Old 2012-02-16, 13:57   Link #2088
rpgman1

I was rewatching some of the later episodes and realize Yu hasn't summoned a Persona from the Star Arcana. Guess the anime is saving it for the end and was hoping it'll be the ultimate one (since Kuma hasn't discover his true self yet). I have got to see the school festival episode.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 16:33   Link #2089
Yuna Amakura

...I was expecting way more from this episode. I'm a bit disappointed.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 20:51   Link #2090
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It was a nice treat , having Rise's interaction with Yuu after valentine's day. Also, when Yuu appeared as Yuu-chan, cupid turned into Hawkeye from Marvel and fired a triple arrow shot right at the hearts of Yukiko, Rise, and Chie. Triple heart conquest FTW. Also, for those of you who wanted to see Naoto in a bathing suit, sorry, all you're getting is the back part so live with it.
Old 2012-02-16, 21:16   Link #2091
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
DVD Naoto will wear a bating suit! >_<

Anyways been watching this and pretty I feel like Iam watching the game I played. I also loled at the translations and graph on Yuu, because that's the same stats and things to say I've choosen when I played P4.

Truly this is a game anime, for those who played the game it will indeed predictable, though they have a very few scenes which are not in game.
Old 2012-02-16, 22:23   Link #2092
circleman

This week's OP

Yuu's stats

The tolerance stat (bottom right) now says "Girl Power"
circleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 03:38   Link #2093
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Oh-uh I think I know where that is going....
Old 2012-02-17, 04:40   Link #2094
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"I won't give her up to a bastard like you so easily..."

And Happy (belated) Valentine's Day... Massacre

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 05:05   Link #2095
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Oh Yuu... You're so stoic even when you faceplant.
Old 2012-02-17, 05:13   Link #2096
Elestia

Dead-pan Yuu is best Yuu. A good episode, loved the culture festival shenenigans especially the end cross-dressing competition. Chie finally used her Galactic Punt, but too bad it wasn't a shadow. Poor Yosuke, not once but twice. We even got Margaret appearing indirectly as the mysterious fortune teller, along with recording of the velvet room BGM playing int he background.

Shame they jammed so many things into this episode, but I it can't be helped now that we are nearing the end.
Old 2012-02-17, 06:43   Link #2097
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

How many episodes is persona4 gonna be anyways? 24/26?
Old 2012-02-17, 07:58   Link #2098
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
How many episodes is persona4 gonna be anyways? 24/26?
25?
(/10char)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 11:50   Link #2099
dan-heron

say, Rise blushed when she say Yuu-chan, right? And she also blushed when she saw old man Yuu... I'm thinking, just a wild thought, that she maybe likes him...
dan-heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:06   Link #2100
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
25?
(/10char)
TAN has slots for 25 episodes so I'm saying 25.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy