AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 22:27   Link #8821
ReinhartX

the only thing im wondering now is how does mest even know how the actual mystogun looks like??? seeing as how myst himself kept his identify secret to most of the guild mates till the laxus arc
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 22:35   Link #8822
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wasn't he introduced as Mystogun when he fought Jura so everyone pretty much knows that Bandage Boy = Mystogun?
Old 2012-06-22, 23:29   Link #8823
ReinhartX

thats true but he was not there for the first 2 days of the games and even if he did know it from the first 2 days he should have done something by then (like wanting to go to check fairy tail out instead of having second thoughts)
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 23:59   Link #8824
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Altho by the title of the next chapter, I think we might actually see the 2 girls throwing fists at each other
Tenryuu no ken, I can feel that coming.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 00:08   Link #8825
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Tenryuu no Tekken, I can feel that coming.
There we are, all fixed. If Wendy's gonna copy all of Natsu's move, she has to be accurate.
Old 2012-06-23, 00:13   Link #8826
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Interesting. Not much to say other than what people have already said. But I will toss my hat in the ring and say that Wendy will remember what Natsu did, and duplicate it. It may seem a bit out of character for her normally, but Mashima is setting up the possibility here. She has said she doesn't like fighting, but doesn't want to let Elfman and the guild down. I think she'll at least attempt it, even if she doesn't succeed.

And there is something off about Chelia, that I bit Lamia Scale doesn't even know. I think Ryus is right that something is going on here (you don't just find Lost magic of a God Slayer level anywhere), so we'll wait and see.

Anyway, she should be able to eat more air and get charged up again. And Wendy should have at least one more attack; didn't she get two new ones?

Lastly, I can't see Mashima allowing Wendy to lose here. She needs to win a good fight, since she really hasn't had anything on her own. A loss here would be devastating for her, and continue to put her into the "helpless little girl" category. She needs to show why she's a dragon slayer.
Wendy did receive two attacks, but she couldn't use milky way because her power isn't enough just yet. Can't see her winning anytme soon though, after all she is a little girl. Not that her opponent isn't, but like you said, something's fishy about that one...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 02:42   Link #8827
unameit

This wendy fight get interrupted or end in double ko somehow.. can't see fairy tail keep winning, must see a stop somewhere to make the competition interesting..

If someone say can't see wendy losing after her big talk then I experienced that with jellal vs jura...
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 09:15   Link #8828
blewin

I don't like how there are suddenly so many Dragon Slayers around. Aren't they supposed to be really rare? and wasn't it written in one of the earlier chapters that a Sky Dragon Slayer is even rarer?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 09:23   Link #8829
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Which should also a warning about just how big the next few events are going to be if lost and ancient magic that was thought to have died out are surging back out into the open.

Any time the ancient powers stir, *something* is about to go down.

Edit: Yep, it's better for my sanity to call him 'Mystogun'... I still refuse to believe that he's set up with Erza... >< I hope Kagura runs him through.../grumblingrant

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-06-23 at 09:35.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 09:48   Link #8830
seiftis
~defying fate

For you guys, where do you think FT manga is at currently? 1/4 of the whole thing? 1/2 mark? Almost to the end?
Old 2012-06-23, 09:51   Link #8831
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I don't like how there are suddenly so many Dragon Slayers around. Aren't they supposed to be really rare? and wasn't it written in one of the earlier chapters that a Sky Dragon Slayer is even rarer?
Are you talking about Chelia or Wendy? If it's Chelia then she's a God Slayer not a Dragon Slayer, it was even stated in the chapter.

Seeing as how you can get Dragon Slayer Magic from having a lacrima embedded into your body I don't think its too far fetched to see more Dragon Slayers popping up, especially when you take into account the time skip
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 10:32   Link #8832
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

From that last panel, i really am not able to see Wendy winning this fight. And even if she does i think its going to be really ... absurd. I guess a God Slayer really is the natural nemesis of a Dragon Slayer. I guess its Confidence [which isn't a bad thing], but Shelia's face was just. Pissing me off.

Wendy remarked that she hadn't mastered the Second Secret Dragon Slaying Art Milky Way so i really don't know where she's gonna get the additional boost to win this. She seems to be seconds away from stumbling while Shelia just recovered from her wounds like nothing happened.

Reminds me of Natsu's fight with Zancrow.

Just completely random, but seems like Ogra is a God Slayer too? Seeing how its Black Fire, Black Wind, Black Lightning ... I just hope its not going to be the bs reason for him to fight on par with Laxus should that fight really happen. If Dragon Slayers learned their magic from Dragons, God Slayers learned their magic from ...? I feel like God Slayers are being depicted as overly powered.

Loved how Jellal was just strolling between the seats saying 'excuse me' like that. Lol.

Btw, i'm not saying that Chelia is 'connected' to Zeref or anything, but the last page of the chapter, she looked almost as if she was some evil crazed murderous bitch. I probably over exaggerated but yeah.

If Chelia was the one behind the 'magic' Jellal felt every year, then that means she had participated in the games since she was .. Romeo's age? I'm just guessing from her build and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
For you guys, where do you think FT manga is at currently? 1/4 of the whole thing? 1/2 mark? Almost to the end?

IMO, I think the Manga is around 2/5 ..? Theres still a long way to go for the current arc and the final one about where the Dragons went would be so hella long. They could also just throw in arcs like the Nirvana one to expand plot lines and stuff.

Last edited by xKeir; 2012-06-23 at 10:56.
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:03   Link #8833
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
My vague suspicion is that FT is half over. Given the focus on Zeref in this chapter, I'd say we're probably at least 2/3 done. Once this arc is over (with the Eclipse Gate thing), I'd say there would be at least 1 more arc, dealing with Lumen Histoire, which will be an explanation of how things tie in with the dragons, Zeref, and Lucy's mom. That will be setup for the final battle for Natsu to stop Zeref from whatever it is he's doing. Ivan will probably pop up during this arc as well, getting some more development, since it will entail the reveal of what Lumen Histoire is.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:15   Link #8834
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
They are rare, Shelia isn't a dragon slayer she's a god slayer, and Sky DS were never said to be more rare than the rest. At this point we have 5 natural Dragon Slayers, 2 artificial Dragon Slayers, 2 God Slayers, 1 possible God Slayer, 6 other lost magic users, and 2 more possible lost magic users. So a current max of 18 lost magic users. That sounds like a lot, until you consider that according to the Fairy Tail wikia, between major and minor characters, we're up to around 287 named characters, most of whom are wizards; and that the kingdom has a population of 1.7 million possible magic users. So over all, they're still very, very rare.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:24   Link #8835
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I have a question
a chapter ago, Laxus said that FT was still monitoring RT's movements even for the last 7 years they were gone.
But wasn't Gajeel trapped inside Mavis' time magic on Tenrou Island too?

or was there another spy in the midst of RT

Or maybe I just misunderstood the name?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:28   Link #8836
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I have a question
a chapter ago, Laxus said that FT was still monitoring RT's movements even for the last 7 years they were gone.
But wasn't Gajeel trapped inside Mavis' time magic on Tenrou Island too?

or was there another spy in the midst of RT

Or maybe I just misunderstood the name?
Maybe it was just a confusing translation.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:41   Link #8837
kitten320

Since when Wendy knows so many battle magics? And why she has never used them before?! Ok she hates fighting but that's not an excuse when her life was put under danger all the time in the past.
Old 2012-06-23, 12:10   Link #8838
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Since when Wendy knows so many battle magics? And why she has never used them before?! Ok she hates fighting but that's not an excuse when her life was put under danger all the time in the past.
Well, she did say she was impersonating Natsu's "Fire Dragon Wing Attack" (Karyuu no Yokugeki) when she first used "Sky Dragon Wing Attack" (Tenryuu no Yokugeki) against Hades. My guess is that she's doing the same here for her "Talon" (Kagizume) attack; after all, all of Wendy's "Sky Dragon" attacks, aside from her "Roar", which all Dragon Slayers seem to share, have mimicked Natsu's in some form or another.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:42   Link #8839
alekos23

^ to add to that , most if not all of wendy's fights were a life or death situation , so experimenting like that would have been risky . the only time she used a new DS tech was when hades had practically lost .
anyway , only way i see wendy winning this is fighting to kill , and dealing as much fatal damage she can , maybe even punching holes in chellia or causing enough internal damage . anyway we'll see
alekos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:58   Link #8840
classic

I said long time ago that Chelia is an odd one. I think she is still hiding something. Could it be that she is the one who was portrated in the last of Charlie`s predictions? Well, i agree that it is most probably Lucy, but they have some similarities and we didnt see a face of the one who were singing.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen