AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-05-04, 01:19   Link #3381
tsunade666

The fiveover has its AI but not a complete AI. Its under control of the one who uses powered suits(forgot his name) The machine was given command and a brief freedom to act on how to execute the command. The command is precise and easy to follow and doesn't clash with each other which happens on the beetle. The beetle also has a AI on its own but has commands for it but since the command is vague and clash with each other. The result was error on the subject.

Isn't hogwarts just warded? its not really in pocket dimension. It can be found on scotland.

I can imagine Touma and Index touring the place when Touma accidentally destroys the wards because he was searching for a runaway index.

Vol 5.... vol 7 when the war starts.

If chaoz wants cyborg ninja then vol 7 would be ideal for it. In the war in hogwarts castle when the death eaters and werewolf attacks the castle.

The academy city decides to intervene with an agreement with necesarius. They send their HS machine to take care of the pest. It will be like the war against Russia but this time it will take only few minutes. Like what happen in Avignon.

A swept from the super bomber and the machine cutter that was used in NT 1. Will be launch. NT 1 and NT 4 has good sets of HS to deploy.

But what timeline for Index would be ideal? Nt timeline? near christmas? after the war is ideal with the HS still deployed on Russia. The fleet will be deployed fast.

But setting that aside. I'm still thinking of Touma journey alone. A story where Touma ended up in a different world and ended up having a family there.

I also entertain the idea of zero no tsukaima in memories of its author. Shiage as Gandlfr.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:19   Link #3382
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I ran through wikia in the past. My memory is shoddy as I didn't take much note of it. And I figured a mistaken response would be corrected by you guys post haste.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:42   Link #3383
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How do you think Necessarius would go about combating the Death Eater threat?

Lets say the timeline is just at [Order of the Phoenix] and before World War III (Ignoring the obvious discrepancies) so tensions are building on all sides. Necessarius doesn't want the Death Eater problem to be left completely unchecked.

(Keep in mind this is not to completely foil them, just put a major dent in their operations)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 09:06   Link #3384
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Kill Voldie's top Death Eaters? Lucius, Bellatrix and a few other chaps. And kill Snape before he does in Dumbledore. Though I'm not sure if Dumbledore had to die for some reason in book 6 which is important because people loved Snape after he did so.
Old 2013-05-04, 09:53   Link #3385
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Magic h4xx aside, I think Bishop could troll the entire of Voldie's fellowship on her own. As would any properly built Japanese Gambit Pileupper to anything Kidult.
Old 2013-05-04, 10:03   Link #3386
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Sup.

I've begun foregoing profiles in my other works and instead use shorts to intro them. This one came from when I started the new Railgun, which pulled me back to ToAruVerse.

NanoOCTers are familiar with this one.

Spoiler for Back in Action:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 06:25   Link #3387
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A Certain World of Darkness Chapter 2

Rikou just told Mugino Touma's name.

This will be fun.
Old 2013-05-05, 07:30   Link #3388
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for Devil Survivor Saten Ruiko:

Old 2013-05-05, 07:35   Link #3389
tsunade666

That fic with Mugino iks awesome. ITEM with Touman.
Old 2013-05-05, 09:49   Link #3390
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
That fic with Mugino iks awesome. ITEM with Touman.
I know, right?

I can't wait for something like this to happen.:

Mugino: "Remember me?"

Touma: "Such Misfortune!" -runs away-

Mugino: "COME BACK HERE YOU F****** COWARD!" -chases after him-
Old 2013-05-05, 15:00   Link #3391
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for Game Breaker (hero side):

Spoiler for Heroine:

Spoiler for Hidden Enemy:

>Placeholder title:
A certain Nightmare, Phantasmagoria....
With the intro of the main heroine, A certain Fleeting Dream, Reverie.

Other random info:
> Probably adding one more traditional Mage with oriental theme but focus more on Shamanism (being possessed by Animal Spirits). Magician name is more Taoism Deity like.

> Urban Mage has anti-Majin spell. (Hint: Urban Mage derived their power from Rumors(*cough*Broken Mirror) and Majin's 50-50 chances....)
Old 2013-05-05, 22:48   Link #3392
OverNOut
The Obsever

^ Will the Urban Mages be able to use the urban legend about the ability negating person (Touma) to replicate Imagine Breaker's power or the one about Kakine to summon a being similar to him to assist them.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 22:56   Link #3393
tsunade666

I played Tsukihime and watched kara no kyo kai but I'm still not sure but isn't the mystic eyes of death perception acquired by viewing death?

Then isn't Touma who always view it can acquire it?

I'm still thinking because Touma already died "twice"

I'm still thinking about the fic but for most of the time when reading other light novel and fan fic. I'm starting to lost interest on campione cross over but still the concept of beating gods and usurping their power is interesting but I don't like stupid power ups so I'm still sticking to 3 main abilities. mystic eyes, ib and precognition.

having knowledge on chemistry and physics would surely help Touma but he really doesn't need magic.

Potion making will help in connecting it to chemistry. brewing exploding and incinerating chemicals or smoke screens chemical reactions.

The magic history needs to be taken care of because its useless. A useful professor that could actually help in learning because there is no way for Touma to do charms, transfiguration or curses. dead last but deadly.
Old 2013-05-06, 00:53   Link #3394
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
^ Will the Urban Mages be able to use the urban legend about the ability negating person (Touma) to replicate Imagine Breaker's power or the one about Kakine to summon a being similar to him to assist them.
Yes, so long as it is wide-spread enough. They can even summon demonic version of certain Teleporter and railgun.

But, no matter how powerful their magic is, (real)Touma's imagine Breaker will still negate it due to its supernatural origin.

Not only that, if the originals (source of the rumor) are anywhere near within certain area, this magic will dispel itself and will not activate until the original leaves the area.

Edit: Due to being in Academy City where the chance of the Original walking by is high, they avoids using that power if possible

To make things worst, urban mages actually need internet/telephone reception.... So if a smart Magician plan ahead and use signal jammer.... yea, game-over for the Urban mages. The good news is: Most Magician are bad with machines.

Edit: Server Maintenance also means they can't use their power during that period.
-

The weakness of the Urban Mages show that even though their magic are modern and based on Urban Legend, they are still basically magician.

How do you fight a Magician? Knowledge.

If you know the source of their power, you can negate it even without specialized magic tool.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-05-06 at 01:05.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 07:04   Link #3395
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I played Tsukihime and watched kara no kyo kai but I'm still not sure but isn't the mystic eyes of death perception acquired by viewing death?

Then isn't Touma who always view it can acquire it?

I'm still thinking because Touma already died "twice"

I'm still thinking about the fic but for most of the time when reading other light novel and fan fic. I'm starting to lost interest on campione cross over but still the concept of beating gods and usurping their power is interesting but I don't like stupid power ups so I'm still sticking to 3 main abilities. mystic eyes, ib and precognition.

having knowledge on chemistry and physics would surely help Touma but he really doesn't need magic.

Potion making will help in connecting it to chemistry. brewing exploding and incinerating chemicals or smoke screens chemical reactions.

The magic history needs to be taken care of because its useless. A useful professor that could actually help in learning because there is no way for Touma to do charms, transfiguration or curses. dead last but deadly.
other than because it's not nasuverse it's because of the brain. Mystic eyes of death perception is more than just seeing death, it has to be comprehended as well. When they see the lines they see the absolute truth of the future, "the end", so to speak. Generally people who get mystic eyes are people who have a form of mystic eyes already like Shiki Tohno and his pure eyes. Ryougi Shiki bypasses brain compatibility with the eyes of death perception due to her origin being the void which is the beginning and the end, linking her to the absolute truth.

Touma must have both the eyes and the brain required to see and perceive death. Perceive death as a tangible object and not just an event or phenomenon.

Seeing death is considered an impossibility of the highest order. Or more like the human brain wasn't meant to see death. That's why Tohno is dying from brain stress that his eyes are putting on him from processing the vision of death. Ryougi bypasses all this again because she is connected to the truth.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-05-06 at 10:35.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:29   Link #3396
tsunade666

from what I remember mystic eyes of death perception is indeed a high breed between pure eyes and mystic eyes and Shiki is going insane because of it but I'm not sure on Ryougi because I didn't get to finish kara no kyou kai. I stop at the part where its about the cousin of mikihisa. the girl in the convent? or some kind of school.

So dying won't be enough to develop a mystic eyes of death but.... I can't think of another way to see through the end though I can probably develop the precognition into different level. Into a level of mystic eyes. But precog itself is an insane ability already. To feel the distortion of your surrounding which helps Touma to react before the attack was launch. Because he can feel the surrounding is changing. Like an enemy is start gathering energy or there is a condensation of energy in a spot. With it, he can react earlier so even if he is slower. He can still evade or dodge the attack.

And IB forms the strongest shield against super natural things but it won't help as an attack. Specially if you change the setting of the world where the super natural beings aren't actually super natural. I can't just kill the dragon, cerberus, troll, or basilisk on the spot because they are super natural beings. In HP verse they are natural but highly magical but still natural beings and not pure magic.

those beings can't be erased or negated on the spot so Touma need an ability that helps him for attacking.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:41   Link #3397
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Touma's precognition isn't sense, it really is just accumulated experience. Unlike the others, Touma has to know where the attack is coming from, that's what he looks for. So naturally the compiled memories of events eventually coalesce into an acute intuition. More than that instead of active, his ability to observe becomes second nature and he does it even when passive. Maybe.

No, those things will be negated. Touma's ability works on basis of the limited reality humans are subjected to. It has not been shown but doesn't it get repeated that his hand can erase God? Or any supernatural being that acts as god? The IB is based on the reality that Touma exists in, where he is born in. It exists to restore the balance to that specific world. The fact is it will negate anything not of his original world. The question of changing his setting to one of another world is generally moot because he would negate the means of transport anyway. If you do somehow send him over, you do not let him touch ANYTHING. There will probably be some sort of deadly rejection reaction of the world to him.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:46   Link #3398
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are actually a sort of in-between of Mystic Eyes and Pure Eyes, granted through a near-death experience where the person is "immersed in death". Having the potential for having them appears to have a genetic basis, as typical Mystic Eyes and Pure Eyes are both inheritable traits; the latter of which can only be inherited by humans who have high spiritual power.

Spoiler for Type-MOON Spoilers:

They're also considered to be an ESP due to their hybrid nature; either way, there's no way Touma could possess them due to Imagine Breaker being a part of him.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2013-05-06 at 12:04.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 12:19   Link #3399
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
No, those things will be negated. Touma's ability works on basis of the limited reality humans are subjected to. It has not been shown but doesn't it get repeated that his hand can erase God? Or any supernatural being that acts as god? The IB is based on the reality that Touma exists in, where he is born in. It exists to restore the balance to that specific world. The fact is it will negate anything not of his original world. The question of changing his setting to one of another world is generally moot because he would negate the means of transport anyway. If you do somehow send him over, you do not let him touch ANYTHING. There will probably be some sort of deadly rejection reaction of the world to him.
There is actually a way to send Touma to another world but not using a gate or portal because that will be destroyed or corrected by IB.

The way I see it. It is possible to do so by scientific way of worm hole where a portion of space is distorted and creates a tunnel in different space. The tunnel boundary shouldn't be touch by Touma because it will be negated but if he dropped on it and not touch anything then its possible for him to enter it because its a tunnel and not a portal to another dimension.

More elaboration to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

They're also considered to be an ESP due to their hybrid nature; either way, there's no way Touma could possess them due to Imagine Breaker being a part of him.

This is also another question if its due to IB, the reason why he can't develop an ability. To be honest I also consider it because of IB. It negated any effects on him. BUT if its only a specific part of him and not entirely then its possible to effect it. But he can also negated it by touching it. IB only resides on his right fist.

There are lots of events where Touma was subjected to supernatural fields or bounded fields that he didn't ended up negating for just being there. The example are Ars magna, the Queen of adratic fleet and the darkness spell that Marian cast on Touma to blind him.

In ars magna's case. Touma can't really cancel the field with Izzard being there and the fleet will be cancelled if Touma make contact on the surface. The same can be said when Marian trapped Touma inside the sphere. He just touch the ground and dispel it.

Magic or super natural phenomenon works around Touma but once it made contact on IB. No matter how powerful it is it will be negated. Even the attacks of the divine beings though it will take time and it will deal damage to Touma.

For an example of that is Fiamma's big ass sword of 30-40 kilometers. Its huge and powerful and it can't be negated immediately but it will STILL BE NEGATED. it will just take time which you don't have when fighting which is why Touma develop the redirecting of the energy. Controlling the flow of exceedingly powerful energy towards different direction.

But still that didn't change that fact that once made contact it will be negated. and The contact needs physical contact.

So what's my answer?

simple.

make Touma wear gloves.

I don't want to make it dramatic that Touma will destroy the world when he is transported in different world so I will stop it with Touma being like in different country alone. Needs to adapt and think of survival (no money XD)

When he goes to places with magical artifacts then wear a gloves but places with bounded field will still destroy and not detect him because it will either be destroyed or not detect him at all. Like a void to super natural distortion he is.

As for precognition. True its like an enhance instinct and not really an esper ability. its like minds eye. Touma's precog was develop with continues battle that he ended up feeling it when one is starting to attack. He ended up feeling it on his skin the energy being gathered but because its an instinct that he is not trained to channel or used then it is not guaranteed to always work. Which is why he needs to learn the attack first or see it before he can understand it or analyze it.

In every battle of Touma he always try to learn or understand the attack of the enemy to counter it.

I can see Touma using magic or an ability on his left hand or on his foot but a full body enhancing spell will be negated once it reaches his right hand.

remember vol 16 when Itsuwa tried to heal Touma. Its working at first but ones made contact on his right hand. The energy is negated which is why Touma can't be heal by magic. Be it internal or external.

Science medicine or herbal medicine will help him
Old 2013-05-06, 12:33   Link #3400
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think enchantments would work long anyway, remember that IB negates the supernatural effects in the air around it, such as luck and divine protection. The enchantment may work, but it'll probably run out faster. Probably.

The only reason he can't undo the Ars Magna is because it's being continuously cast and recast. Just like How innocentius was with the runes. If I remember correctly that is.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction