Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 10:34   Link #61
Mitsu Aoi
Undine in the box T_T

Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsu Aoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
snip
"Sanzigen is a CG animation studio located in Suginami, Tokyo, Japan. It was established by former Gonzo CG director Matsuura Hiroaki in March, 2006. The number of employees is 21, additionally there are two affiliated freelance modelists.

Matsuura Hiroaki is also acting as the current representative director of the studio, furthermore Suzuki Daisuke and Katou Yasuhiro are directors.

The field of work includes aside of producing CG animation and models for anime, a lot of CM work."

And the most notable contributions are Black Rock Shooter (2012) CG fight scenes and Re:Cyborg 009.

Canned Tomato Soup and Avocado Flavored Noodles are her favorites.
Mitsu Aoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 10:42   Link #62
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
And making you happy is not a requirement for them to be in the industry. If more people like that sort of work, and the stuff you like eventually ceases to exist... sucks for you.

See how it goes both ways?
Nor did I ever insinuate as such. But that's not going to stop me from expressing myself mmkay.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 10:51   Link #63
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It looks good at least, even if the character CGI is slightly choppy. And at times, especially when they're not moving much, they actually look 2D, which is good enough for me. And of course, the ships themselves look sweet

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 10:54   Link #64
Tenzen12

That trailer soathed my worries a bit. I mean anime with good plot and this awesome trailer can't be bad...

Going watch it for 5th time.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:02   Link #65
HosannaExcelsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I hope that this and Exiled in Paradise (And stuff like Love Live), aren't the signs of a new emerging trend in the industry. The last thing I want for anime is for it to be pixar'd.
If you consider the course of Sanzigen, moving from CG work on other studios' mostly 2D shows, to substantial CG portions of a show co-produced with a 2D studio (Black Rock Shooter), to their own full productions (009 Re:Cyborg, this); of Orange, moving into substantial CG portions of a show produced by a 2D studio (Akito) to status as a co-producer of a show (Majestic Prince); of Toei's CG department, moving from the Precure EDs to Expelled From Paradise, not to mention other CG productions such as Asura - one can safely say that this is a trend which has already emerged.
HosannaExcelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:05   Link #66
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Nor did I ever insinuate as such. But that's not going to stop me from expressing myself mmkay.
I think that it's natural that in any medium people will have different preferences for certain art styles or means of producing stuff in the medium. Diversity is good.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:06   Link #67
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Trying to watch it, but I'm at work so it's rather difficult to see and hear it without someone walking up behind me (in fact, I had to stop typing this three times already due to coworkers ). At first blush, they seem to have the ships spot on and weapons firing. The character designs seem to be ok as well but I think there could be some improvement. I understand this is still early in the development though.

Endless "Get back to work" Soul
Old 2013-05-29, 11:14   Link #68
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Watched the trailer. From what little I see, my prediction is pretty much spot on so far. Nice animation and action but the characters look and move like dolls/marionettes. *sigh*

Goddammit, animation studios! Stop using cel-shading for the organic characters! If you wanna go full 3DCG, then make your characters full 3DCG like Pixar. If you can’t afford it, make the characters 2D! Cel-shading character is half-ass and not really good to look at (especially when he/she/it’s moving).
Old 2013-05-29, 11:17   Link #69
Tenzen12

It doesn't have to be necessary bad thing as long as It's just concerning Mental models.
Old 2013-05-29, 11:21   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It doesn't have to be necessary bad thing as long as It's just concerning Mental models.
Apparently not just Mental Models. You saw Gunzou in that trailer didn't you?
Old 2013-05-29, 11:24   Link #71
Helius

Pretty darn impressive so far. It'll be one to watch for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
make the characters 2D! Cel-shading character is half-ass and not really good to look at (especially when he/she/it’s moving).
At least it ain't the wretched rotoscoping *cough*Aku no Hana*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Now that's wishful thinking.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 11:39   Link #72
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I think we're lucky to even have an anime at all. I have no idea how the manga sales are or how manga get picked for anime, but it seems to me that, judging by the post count in the manga thread (the last chapter only received 4-5 posts), this story is rather niche and not that popular.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Endless "Not that popular" Soul
Old 2013-05-29, 12:06   Link #73
Tenzen12

I think it's very popular among unknown niche series. Naval battles aren't most popular theme afterall...

But I thin, It has good potencial pick some popularity by getting animated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Now that's wishful thinking.
I am allowed do that, am I not?

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-05-29 at 12:25.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:18   Link #74
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Looking good so far. The celshaded designs didn't look obtrusive at all in that PV.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:29   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I think we're lucky to even have an anime at all. I have no idea how the manga sales are or how manga get picked for anime, but it seems to me that, judging by the post count in the manga thread (the last chapter only received 4-5 posts), this story is rather niche and not that popular.
Let me quote my past post from the manga thread :
Quote:
Well, we never know what’s in the heads of those studio-execs. For all we know, they can follow the simple logic that “as long as the story has some action and hot chicks, it’s adaptable”. To be fair though, that might also why Break Blade was adapted .
Old 2013-05-29, 12:38   Link #76
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The PV looks pretty good but since I don't have much experience with Japanese full-CGI animation compared to the Western ones, I think it may be hard for me to get into, though I didn't mind the 2D/3D hybrid animation at all, and I tolerate most cases in fact (especially the Japanese productions). This will be the first full 3DCG anime I'll definitively plan to watch, and I have enough experience with Sanzigen thanks to Black Rock Shooter and I'll probably give 009 Re:Cyborg a try since I've heard great things about the movie.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 12:42   Link #77
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The PV looks pretty good but since I don't have much experience with Japanese full-CGI animation compared to the Western ones, I think it may be hard for me to get into, though I didn't mind the 2D/3D hybrid animation at all, and I tolerate most cases in fact (especially the Japanese productions). This will be the first full 3DCG anime I'll definitively plan to watch, and I have enough experience with Sanzigen thanks to Black Rock Shooter and I'll probably give 009 Re:Cyborg a try since I've heard great things about the movie.
Holy shit I remember when I could barely understand your posts half the time.
Old 2013-05-29, 13:51   Link #78
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Holy shit I remember when I could barely understand your posts half the time.
I'm not good at expressing more complicated things since English isn't my primary language and I still have more things to learn about, but what I'm trying to say is that when I was watching the PV, the CGI (or cel-shaded images) animation is superbly handled, my main concern however is that I don't have any experience with full CGI Japanese productions before (except in hand-drawn/CGI hybrid anime) so that's the first time I'll watch this kind of animation technique with Arpeggio.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 14:02   Link #79
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I'm not good at expressing more complicated things since English isn't my primary language and I still have more things to learn about, but what I'm trying to say is that when I was watching the PV, the CGI (or cel-shaded images) animation is superbly handled, my main concern however is that I don't have any experience with full CGI Japanese productions before (except in hand-drawn/CGI hybrid anime) so that's the first time I'll watch this kind of animation technique with Arpeggio.
Just so you know I think your English is just fine.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 14:06   Link #80
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Let me quote my past post from the manga thread :
Heh, I suppose you have a point.

Endless "Sex sells" Soul

Tags
action-adventure, alternate history, battleships, cgi, military science fiction