AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 18:19   Link #421
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
The op wasnt interesting but the ed is so unique if you have watch ed suzumiya gundam ver( but already being removed ).

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 18:49   Link #422
Iron Maw
Banned

Hmm... could someone please make me a Avatar out of that in scene in Ep2 where Kyon gets his head slammed into the desk by Haruhi?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 19:03   Link #423
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

How about "The Torrential Spirit of Suzumiya Haruhi"?

Maybe, "The Stampede of Suzumiya Haruhi"? (With a $$60,000,00 bounty, heh heh)
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 19:09   Link #424
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
How about "The Torrential Spirit of Suzumiya Haruhi"?

Maybe, "The Stampede of Suzumiya Haruhi"? (With a $$60,000,00 bounty, heh heh)
Stampede is good. I like it.
Old 2006-04-12, 19:42   Link #425
Cyz
"Show it to me"

oookay...she's definitely..wierd ah well, kyon (or whatever you wanna spell it) seems to take a liking to her. curious love indeed
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 19:43   Link #426
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I have the 1280x720 version, it's godly. ^^;
<snip>
Still shots don't do it justice.
Don't you find it odd that the window sill and table have weird artifacts on the edges? It looks like aliasing or something, so I'm thinking it's just a 720 line analog capture of a 480 line source. However, a downsample to 720x480 and then back up to 1280x720 using bilinear both ways (haven't tried Lanczos) does make slightly blurrier/wider lines on the edges, so I dunno.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 19:57   Link #427
Cyz
"Show it to me"

oh! do anyone have a haruhi wallpaper by any chance?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-04-12, 19:59   Link #428
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

My magnum opus (watch out, it's 5mb [optimization? I don't need no STEENKING optimization!]): HARUHI SMASH!!
Old 2006-04-12, 20:09   Link #429
rainz
original vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
My magnum opus (watch out, it's 5mb [optimization? I don't need no STEENKING optimization!]): HARUHI SMASH!!
lol, good job. The only weird thing in there is how Kyon is also in the last shot.
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 20:11   Link #430
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
oh! do anyone have a haruhi wallpaper by any chance?
There were some in this post by Maids! Maids! Maids!.

I agree with 'Stampede', it sounds fitting and that 'Haruhi Smash' I can just picture it as a secret move in a future SOS 2D fighter

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 20:13   Link #431
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainz
lol, good job. The only weird thing in there is how Kyon is also in the last shot.
My logic is that she tossed him hella-far, just like Mr. T
Old 2006-04-12, 20:30   Link #432
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
There were some in this post by Maids! Maids! Maids!.

I agree with 'Stampede', it sounds fitting and that 'Haruhi Smash' I can just picture it as a secret move in a future SOS 2D fighter
thanx! now lemme see if i can manage to turn some of them to sigs
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-04-12, 20:39   Link #433
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Don't you find it odd that the window sill and table have weird artifacts on the edges? It looks like aliasing or something, so I'm thinking it's just a 720 line analog capture of a 480 line source. However, a downsample to 720x480 and then back up to 1280x720 using bilinear both ways (haven't tried Lanczos) does make slightly blurrier/wider lines on the edges, so I dunno.
Here's the 704x396 version enlarged to 1280x720 using Bilinear:

Here's the 704x396 version enlarged to 1280x720 using Lanczos3:

And here's the 1280x720 version I have, from my last post:

As far as I can see, I'm getting better quality (the quality of pictures from BSplayer's screen capture function isn't all that great either, the colors are actually more vibrant than what you see here, and the lines are less blurry), and the black line on the bottom is barely noticable, so I'm satisified. ^^

EDIT: typed the resolution wrong

I don't watch the fansubs, so everything above are raw videos, but sometimes sub groups do their own cleanings to make the quality better. I wonder if the fansub show any improvement in quality over the raws?

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-04-12 at 20:53.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 21:02   Link #434
Paiser

Theory

Hello's and i wish I can post this up on my own thread but... i dont want to take the chance.
Its bit too early but this is a major spoiler to the series probally for the manga and the anime

and i have no idea if anyone actually post this similar subject i will be talkin about

Spoiler:

Well thats only a theory, i had other theories like in the series bleach, naruto and other stuff but i had to think real hard why are the writers did this and that... but this animation it's just a given for some reason <- to me
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 21:17   Link #435
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Here's the 704x396 version enlarged to 1280x720 using Bilinear:

Here's the 704x396 version enlarged to 1280x720 using Lanczos3:

And here's the 1280x720 version I have, from my last post:

As far as I can see, I'm getting better quality (the quality of pictures from BSplayer's screen capture function isn't all that great either, the colors are actually more vibrant than what you see here, and the lines are less blurry), and the black line on the bottom is barely noticable, so I'm satisified. ^^
Well, what I meant was to downsample the 720 line raw down to 480 lines and then upsample it back up to 720 lines using Lanczos3. Of course the 704x396 raw is going to have lower quality, because 1) it only has 396 lines (not even 480) and 2) it's more susceptible to detail loss introduced during compression than raws of higher resolution. Thus, the only real true test to see if you're actually getting more resolution on the high resolution raws is to downsample it to a lower resolution and resample it back up.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 21:31   Link #436
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
Hello's and i wish I can post this up on my own thread but... i dont want to take the chance.
Its bit too early but this is a major spoiler to the series probally for the manga and the anime

and i have no idea if anyone actually post this similar subject i will be talkin about

Spoiler:

Well thats only a theory, i had other theories like in the series bleach, naruto and other stuff but i had to think real hard why are the writers did this and that... but this animation it's just a given for some reason <- to me

For the time being, this is THE thread for Suzumiya .. dont start new ones. This series is liable to popular enough for the mods to create a whole subforum for it though. The theories you mention have been speculated by some and so far, those who have read the novels have been nice enough to keep their mouths shut.

I've not read any of the source material, so I'm just going to take it as it comes ... at the moment its just an entertaining character study about a small group of people centered by the chaos we call Suzumiya.
Old 2006-04-12, 21:34   Link #437
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
As others pointed out in spoiler boxes, there is another reason for that. For now, your explanation is good enough.
If you're talking about Yuki beating up Mikuru, I don't think I gave a reason. I just thought it was funnier after getting to know the characters somewhat.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 21:47   Link #438
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Well, what I meant was to downsample the 720 line raw down to 480 lines and then upsample it back up to 720 lines using Lanczos3. Of course the 704x396 raw is going to have lower quality, because 1) it only has 396 lines (not even 480) and 2) it's more susceptible to detail loss introduced during compression than raws of higher resolution. Thus, the only real true test to see if you're actually getting more resolution on the high resolution raws is to downsample it to a lower resolution and resample it back up.
I don't get what you're trying to prove, I don't even think a 720x480 version exists (the regular TV feed is displayed at 640x360 (16:9) ratio, which scales up to 1280x720 properly, but not 720x480). All I know is that I got a 1280 version and it looks better than scaled-up 640 or 704 versions, and that's all I the proof I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
If you're talking about Yuki beating up Mikuru, I don't think I gave a reason. I just thought it was funnier after getting to know the characters somewhat.
There's quite a serious reason for that, really. ^^;
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 22:31   Link #439
molitar

Still ROFLMAO! Man I just watched the first two episodes and in episode 1 I kept wondering what the HELL am I watching??? Is this a B Movie anime? It was totally crazy and I am sure alot of people are missing out on it because the first one was so nuts they probably stopped watching it.

Episode 2 I just couldn't quit laughing it was so funny he was so obsessed on what made her tick that he kept trying to talk to her even tho he didn't have any real interest in her except for what in the HELL made her tick. Well this is one time where curiousity kills the cat he should of taken literally. Can't wait to see episode 3.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 22:33   Link #440
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
There's quite a serious reason for that, really. ^^;
Oh I believe it. Without that reason, all I saw was the bookworm pouncing on the perpetually frightened and put-upon bunny girl, and Haruhi running into the frame yelling, "that's not in the script!" I wouldn't be surprised if I find it less funny when it's put into greater context.

I'm trying to avoid clicking the buttons for the spoiler tagged posts. As they increase, it becomes more tempting.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen