2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-01, 21:46   Link #101
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Tomitake would never do that! He's way too nice!O_O

Why does everyone seem to think that the stalker killed Kuma? We are never even close to told that.

And again, just because the stalker "can" do things, doesn't mean he would. If he's a lackey, he's probably got his orders.
Old 2007-08-01, 22:53   Link #102
Rias

Perhaps the stalker killed Kuma-chan, perhaps he didn't. Once Jihou-san dies, things can only go downhill...look at all the other arcs we have seen.
Old 2007-08-01, 23:12   Link #103
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Yes, but with someone like Tomitake gone, how could it go anywhere but downhill?;-;
Old 2007-08-02, 03:44   Link #104
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Great. Honestly, I understood the "ultimate spoiler" above, without even knowing what it was about. I feel bad. ><

Really now, why should tomitake be a clock? Gee, I think the real clock is Rika, but oh well.

Also, the stalker didn't kill Kuma-chan. For once, we get to see kuma-chan's killer, and I'm pretty much sure you can say that wasn't the stalker. He had different clothes, and a different face.

Also, the stalker has been following Rika and Satoko all day long, so where did he get the spare time to change clothes, go jack a padlock, kill Kuma-chan, make him "magically" "disappear", change back to his old clothes and go back to stalking Satoko and Rika? So, the stalker didn't kill Kuma-chan.
Old 2007-08-02, 03:58   Link #105
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I watched the WinD release of episode 4. He really looks like Akasaka to me. A more tan Akasaka.@_@

And in this series, "magically disappearing" people is really in. Everyone wants to be hip.

Tomitake is called a clock, because after meeting him, it's a countdown to the festival, his death( ;-; ), and the utter chaos that usually ensues and ends in bloodshed.
Old 2007-08-02, 04:40   Link #106
Finalsun

Great episode, and with a major cliffhanger. Tomorrow episode 5 is coming on Japanese TV. I cant wait to see it.

Spoiler for Higurashi Kai episode 4:
Old 2007-08-02, 04:41   Link #107
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Ah! Please stop "suggesting" spoilers like that, Ishi!@_@
Old 2007-08-02, 04:51   Link #108
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Minoru View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Indeed, lets not do that again for a while....:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
Why does everyone seem to think that the stalker killed Kuma? We are never even close to told that.
Considering we don't actually know how many people are part of the party van crowd, I think it would be safe to assume that the man who killed Kuma and the stalker are probably two different individuals who have been given different tasks to carry out. I really don't see how the same man could be involved in both events and not have a really tough schedule to follow.
Old 2007-08-02, 04:58   Link #109
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Really, Ishi. That's bad enough already. It's not even under a spoiler tag. We already got that you read the clues and you know the answers. But we don't. And I certainly don't want to discover like that. ><
-----

Yes, Finalsun, that is correct.

Spoiler for Episode 4:

-----

Quote:
I watched the WinD release of episode 4. He really looks like Akasaka to me. A more tan Akasaka.@_@

And in this series, "magically disappearing" people is really in. Everyone wants to be hip.

Tomitake is called a clock, because after meeting him, it's a countdown to the festival, his death( ;-; ), and the utter chaos that usually ensues and ends in bloodshed.
Bah, I wonder if Rika ever tried to prevent Tomitake's death before the festival. Probably not. I guess that even if she tried, she would fail.
But then, there are MANY clocks! In my opinion, there shouldn't exist such a thing as a "clock". Either way, they all die in the end. xD

Also, I was reading some TIPS in the TIPS section a while back, and found myself reading one for the end of Tatarigoroshi-hen, about the night of the Hinamizawa Disaster, and, though it's semi-obvious that it isn't gases (as stated in Reunion), I think I can start to guess what happens in the night of the hinamizawa disaster. And, through the preview for episode 5, I am secure that what we'll see is by far a most valuable information.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-02, 09:21   Link #110
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) Without the reasons, the act itself doesn't make sense. As you can "craft" theories about the possible "conspiracy" behind the GHD, without the reasoning and motives, the means don't really make sense. Thus, further informations are required. It is much like guessing that it was Shion the culprit in watanagashi, without her motives : that doesn't make sense, even if someone is twisted enough to guess it was her without meakashi-hen

you can see the facts without the reasons, but without the later, their meaning become extremely void...

2) basically enough, when someone claim something as "not true" or "true", that doesn't mean this person is correct or wrong without the the proofs behind it. and even if they show it, that might be uncorrect (until the reasoning/analysis is solid enough).
This is the main reason why these threads allow this kind of "theories", since it is done to discuss about it. Even if someone believes it is the solid truth, one might perceive it differently. (Theories aren't that far for "statement of facts'. They lack "proofs" but differently. Facts are however rock solid truth, which are aknowledged so far, due their nature)
I don't think it is really "that spoiler" to claim something which proofs have been already stated in the older arcs. Heck, if some persons didn't get it before, they certainly won't get it until the truth hit them hard.

Thus, i believe what Ishikawa said wasn't really "spoilers" per se, since they are just statement that anyone can find. If it is allowed to craft theories, i don't see why it isn't allowed to break them, with pure facts.

saying "it is not XXXXX is the same as "it is not akasaka". both aren't really similar in their reasoning, but it is still the same way to appose facts, that can be found.
so not really a spoiler at all, more a correction than anything else. The proofs aren't hidden like mad (since, yes, in some arcs, there are foreshadowing hints, but these CANNOT be said without the late information, since they have no meaning in their own chapter. THAT would be a spoiled). To be more accurate, various proofs on at least 2 different arcs were present, and BLATANT, so no, it isn't a "weak spoilerish statement" but truely a conclusion you can get.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-02 at 11:55.
Old 2007-08-02, 11:45   Link #111
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Why are we talking about that though? It was a pretty big spoilers, and it got deleted, so we should just move on and stay on-topic.O_O
Old 2007-08-02, 12:06   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ this is because both you and exilon didn't simply ignore this and report this... no need to scream "SPOILERS" while a report or a PM to this person is enough heh... (no wonder if it goes downhill off topic if people begins that matter openly)

that aside, as for the earlier topic :
@exilon
Tomitake is the "clock", since his death trigger the "panic" state.
Of course, Tomitake isn't the source of the problem.
But once he is dead, the all "oyashiro-sama" thing emerge in the paranoid character, and things go drastically downhill.
It is also considered as "clock" since his death is constant in each arc so far, while the rest is not, and different depending of the arc itself.

as for the Disaster, no chance to see what happen in hinamizawa, otherwise, it will blatantly explain the truth. but more likely, considering the preview :
Spoiler for preview for episode 5:

Episode 5 should have finished airing now, so probably a summary available in 2-3 hours (waiting for raw, moonstreaming, etc)
Old 2007-08-02, 14:40   Link #113
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon
But then, there are MANY clocks! In my opinion, there shouldn't exist such a thing as a "clock". Either way, they all die in the end.
What was consistent out of all the arcs so far? Tommy dying. And once Tommy dies, shit starts to happen. Therefore Tommy is the "clock" and when he dies, his "alarm" goes off which signals the tragedies into motion.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:25   Link #114
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Klash, I'm not sure what the heck you're talking about, but just take it to IM or PM or something. I am not going to get in trouble because you feel the need to drag things off-topic and try to bring me into it.

Someone should make a Tomitake clock.O_O It would probably have a scary alarm though, like the screams.;-;
Old 2007-08-02, 22:35   Link #115
BakaOnna

I saw the episode a few days ago but never posted it.

Anyway, this episode went back to the creepy mood of Higurashi, and I thought it was really well done. It may have also been the fact that I was watching at 12 in the morning. After all, it's the best time to watch the series.

I don't think the man was Akasaka or else he would've just asked for Rika, right? I don't know... he seemed too stalkerish for Akasaka.
Old 2007-08-02, 22:47   Link #116
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Wonder if episode five will reveal who it is...
Old 2007-08-02, 23:35   Link #117
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
What was consistent out of all the arcs so far? Tommy dying. And once Tommy dies, shit starts to happen. Therefore Tommy is the "clock" and when he dies, his "alarm" goes off which signals the tragedies into motion.
What's more, we can easily see the cause and effect relationship without getting into secrets associated with him. Oishi visits the school because of the deaths of Tomitake. He talks to whichever of the kids talked to Tomitake that night. Every time he visits the school he makes someone paranoid. Paranoia is baaaaad. The only way to keep him from visiting the school is to save Tomitake.
Old 2007-08-02, 23:40   Link #118
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Ha ha. Everything seems to make these kids paranoid. Guess you really can't blame them in most cases, though.^^;

But why are they NEVER paranoid while talking to Takano? If I were alone in a dark shrine with someone who was gleefully talking about people getting tortured and eaten, I'd be hightailing it outta there.@_@
Old 2007-08-03, 04:42   Link #119
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
But why are they NEVER paranoid while talking to Takano? If I were alone in a dark shrine with someone who was gleefully talking about people getting tortured and eaten, I'd be hightailing it outta there.@_@
I dunno.... I think I'd be willing to talk about anything if it meant spending time with Takano in a quiet, dark place....
Old 2007-08-03, 04:56   Link #120
Shion's Sanity
Banned

And we never got to know what he said after the "...", because he disappeared shortly after uttering those words, sometime in June.
Closed Thread