AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 13 16.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 24.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-26, 08:50   Link #61
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Maybe it's Asami, but if it is, then shouldn't he already see that Asami is getting along really well with Sana, meaning that he probably has no chance. Honestly I doubt it's Asami because during ep 3 when they were all together, he showed no sign of interest whatsoever to Asami except for maybe the swimsuit moment, but then he showed the same amount of interest to Aoi too..
Old 2007-10-26, 09:27   Link #62
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
So, I watched the episode tonight. The main laughing points have already been mentioned several times. Surely Aoi rocks (she didnt say 'what are you doing' but 'think of the consequences' thats it). People are called 'ojisan' at the age of 16. this way at my age its time to think of retirement.
Also I immediately figured the idea of the preview. Overall i voted 9 because Sana has occasional fits of stupidity which are not to my liking, though some say its perfectly ok with him.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-10-26, 11:39   Link #63
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Shuusuke, you got a thing for Aoi don't you?

Either that, or you're not being honest with yourself and saying the exact opposite of the girl you truly like... I mean, you were really checking out your twin, not once, but twice, right? *dodges rotten tomatoes for implying incest*

But it makes sense now. Sana probably has Nanaka, Asami, and Shuuri paths, while Shuusuke has Aoi, Hinako, and maybe a third girl as their paths in the game. So I find it amusing that with this one episode alone, they revealed Shuusuke's 'girls' in the game.

Best part though was the ending preview. I was rotflmao at that, considering I'm a big Higurashi fan, and the VA doing the preview is none other than the VA of Rika. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Actually I don't think he was describing any of those girls. He was purposefully describing the exact opposite of Shurei. (And he was looking right at her as he thought about it.) Perhaps he was describing the opposite of what he wants, or perhaps he wants a girl to be as different from his sister as possible. You decide which. It is just coincidence that some of what he said could be applied to other girls. So, yeah, I'd say his sister is the person he cares about. We can only hope that the feelings are not incestuous.
Is this sort of relationship a common theme in Anime? And if so what shows so I can avoid.... or atleast watch in secrecy OTL ...... Beside if some girl is stomping on your 'manhood' relative or not you are not gonna be interested in them. If that is the case then turn it into a Hentai-pron right now and spare us the rest of the slowly moving plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Listening to Aoi give love advice through this episode was painful everytime she went on a rant with that voice it ripped chunks out of soul. Sana proves yet again that he can be the sweetest blockhead. I will say that Aoi bursting throught he door seeing the *cough* situation as it were *cough* and then yelling Sana dont the PTA will *&$% was pretty damn funny.
I died when she said that.... I tried to imagine every word that could be put there and indeed *%$# is the best word to place in that sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Spoiler for Speculation for whom Shuu likes:
I thought they was in the same class the previous year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Well shuu didnt make out too well this episode...Near the end he had the fun choice of coming off as either lolicon or siscon...Guess he went with the lesser of two evils...

Aoi's reaction when she walked in on sana was priceless though. I dont care what anyone says about her shes easily the highlight of the show for me every episode.
LMAO - 'lesser of two evils' I think loli-con is the lesser.... because the child will eventually become an adult. Your sister will always be your sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Ha now that you mentioned it, she sort of does, although she isn't as Tsundere as Eri.. I can definitely see similarities in terms of the hair but that's about it though...
I disagree, I think she is a dead ringer for Eri, she has that same stand-offish personality and sort of conceited(only a bit). Violent also.... requiring to be htought of and treated like a lady, respect etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
So, I watched the episode tonight. The main laughing points have already been mentioned several times. Surely Aoi rocks (she didnt say 'what are you doing' but 'think of the consequences' thats it). People are called 'ojisan' at the age of 16. this way at my age its time to think of retirement.
Also I immediately figured the idea of the preview. Overall i voted 9 because Sana has occasional fits of stupidity which are not to my liking, though some say its perfectly ok with him.
Im right in that old folks home with you man....

What annoyed me a little about an aspect of the episode was the whole pretense for him going to restaurant. Don't bullshit me please.... just have him go to the restaurant and eat. Don't have him 'run out of rice' >_< ... yea there are no Bodega's (corner stores) in Japan..... no grocery stores open at night.

On another tangent.... why does every show have to have curry.... I know that its a popular dish but.... there has to be a cook book some where in japan. Is that all Otaku's and anime production staffs eat?

OTL ...... ok I think I am done.... gave it a 7 by the way. Good episode..... not great.
Old 2007-10-26, 14:23   Link #64
Pell14

I am expecting some sister complex going on!
Old 2007-10-26, 14:26   Link #65
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
Same here. This series just keeps me interested for some reason. Always nice to have a dash of incest on the side

I can say I am finally used to Aoi's voice I didn't jump out my seat this ep.
Old 2007-10-26, 17:17   Link #66
taelrak

Pretty standard filler episode, but the ending preview was just awesome.

Go Rika-chan!
Old 2007-10-26, 19:07   Link #67
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
For some reason, I don't see that happening.
Old 2007-10-26, 20:20   Link #68
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

A lot of people think that the person Shuu likes is either Aoi, Asami or his sister (don't act like it's not possible becuz we have all seen it before ), but I am going for something completely different. Though I am probably wrong, I am going to guess it's the teacher he likes. I have absolutely no basis for this guess whatsoever. I'm just going with my gut feeling, and I also feel like she is good-looking enough to receive attention as a possible heroine in the game.

Anyways, regarding this episode, I must say that this is definitely the most humorous installment so far in the storyline. I was laughing almost every minute. Hinako is a great character and I think they should keep her around. Aoi has finally grown on me. There! I said it! Even though I will never get used to her voice, her character is very funny and likeable. I was glad to see that many people caught the reference in the next ep. preview. I had no idea that Shuri and Rika had the same VA until now

The only complaint I have with this episode is the lack of a certain face-slapping violinist , but with the next episode's preview it looks like that problem will be corrected
Old 2007-10-26, 21:27   Link #69
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
A lot of people think that the person Shuu likes is either Aoi, Asami or his sister (don't act like it's not possible becuz we have all seen it before ), but I am going for something completely different. Though I am probably wrong, I am going to guess it's the teacher he likes. I have absolutely no basis for this guess whatsoever. I'm just going with my gut feeling, and I also feel like she is good-looking enough to receive attention as a possible heroine in the game.
It is a possibility since Miss Yuzuki is supposed to be one of 6 heroines ingame and has a chapter in light novel according to wiki. But then she hasn't been given a significant role in anime till now. She could just be a support character in anime.
Old 2007-10-26, 23:51   Link #70
Wrath88
Kissing...

Within one episode, Hoshino seems to have been worked into the group quite well already. I wonder if its stereotypical to have the child of the series insist that she's an adult, only to be proven otherwise by some childish action?

So far, the series has been quite good. Hoping to see more.
Old 2007-10-27, 05:30   Link #71
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Quote:

Anyways, regarding this episode, I must say that this is definitely the most humorous installment so far in the storyline. I was laughing almost every minute. Hinako is a great character and I think they should keep her around. Aoi has finally grown on me. There! I said it! Even though I will never get used to her voice, her character is very funny and likeable. I was glad to see that many people caught the reference in the next ep. preview. I had no idea that Shuri and Rika had the same VA until now

The only complaint I have with this episode is the lack of a certain face-slapping violinist , but with the next episode's preview it looks like that problem will be corrected
Teacher? Omg thats a good guess, reminds me of Chobits
And btw, I notice Aoi's voice has been slightly tuned down, is it my imagination or what
Old 2007-10-27, 08:02   Link #72
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s[H]sIkuA View Post
Teacher? Omg thats a good guess, reminds me of Chobits
That's pretty funny. Chobits is exactly what I was thinking of when I typed that
Old 2007-10-27, 09:46   Link #73
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Quote:
That's pretty funny. Chobits is exactly what I was thinking of when I typed that
Well thats the only anime I watched that run into that kind of situation though

I really don't know which character I like the most as of now, all seems to be pretty much likable guess I'll choose Nanaka / Shuri if a poll comes out
Old 2007-10-27, 13:52   Link #74
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Lets not forget Aoi's love advice when she said gender doesn't count. Could that be a reference to Shuu wanting some manly loving with Sana?
Old 2007-10-27, 14:23   Link #75
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Lets not forget Aoi's love advice when she said gender doesn't count. Could that be a reference to Shuu wanting some manly loving with Sana?
Or maybe she was hinting that Sana's true love is Shuu?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-27, 15:38   Link #76
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Or maybe she was hinting that Sana's true love is Shuu?
I really hope not

Question: Any chance we might get to see a kiss between Sana and whoever gets with him at the end? coughnanakacough
Old 2007-10-27, 17:25   Link #77
Kristen
*Author

Was that just a Higurashi reference?

I started this series yesterday and am up to present now.
Old 2007-10-27, 18:09   Link #78
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Woh the preview does not fit this anime's tone, that is definitely some Higurashi stuff
Shuu getting it in the groin...OUCH! As another guy, i can understand his pain
Sillt hoping for some Nanaka and Sana as we barely even got any Nanaka in this episode
Old 2007-10-27, 19:05   Link #79
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Best part though was the ending preview. I was rotflmao at that, considering I'm a big Higurashi fan, and the VA doing the preview is none other than the VA of Rika. XD
I didn't notice the similarity to Higurashi's preview until now. XD

Are you sure the VA for Shuri is the same as Rika? She doesn't sound like child Rika nor miko Rika at all.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:29   Link #80
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
Are you sure the VA for Shuri is the same as Rika? She doesn't sound like child Rika nor miko Rika at all.
Yes it's the same VA. You can go on Wiki and look up her profile. The name of the VA is Yukari Tamura. Who did a couple of singles with Yui Horie so seems she can also sing.

And she also does other notable roles Like:
Sakura from DC Capo
Ranpha from Galaxy Angel
Nanoha from Magical girl etc...
Azusa/Minmin from Mushi-uta
Mai from Kanon

And others that could surprise you.