AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-10, 14:09   Link #41
cloudninja

Found episode titles 7-10. I added my guesses for who the title is associated with.

7) Tell Me Clearly, Write It Here or Say It Properly, Write It Here (Aiko, maybe asking Shin how he feels about her?),
8) City Where It Doesn't Snow (probably Hiromi theme since she has the bad memory associated with snow)
9) Flying Is Not Done Easily (Shinichiro-Noe)
10) Do Everything Properly (maybe Shinichiro regarding festival dance)

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-17 at 21:24.
Old 2008-02-10, 17:25   Link #42
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Any chance that Hiromi and Shinichirou are siblings? Either Shinichirou's mom or dad cheated... I strongly believe it is the Mom. That will explain a lot of her behaviors: why she hates Hiromi's mother so much, and why she does not want Shinichirou to be with Hiromi, and all of these without apparent reasons (for she cannot speak them out).

I think this is very cliche in a lot of literature, but it seems relative rare in animes.
My gosh... I am correct, although it seems it was Shinichirou's dad who cheated...

Never predicted a plot twist that accurately (yeah, I suck at this)...
Old 2008-02-10, 17:42   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes well, I think it was pretty obvious something like that was there.
Myself and cloudninja came to the same conclusion. (among the first posts in the thread)

* Cats thinks others though of this scenario as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
My hunch... Shin's father is Hiromi's father as well. Or suspected of such acts by Shin's mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
2) Another good scenario is that Shin's father was in love in Hiromi's mother but it was unrequited love.
Old 2008-02-11, 22:41   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7 preview summary:

Spoiler for pictures:

Well, it's a good thing that Shinichirou isn't Truth, Noe isn't World, and Hiromi isn't Words.
*cough*

Anyways...

Not a very exciting preview, perhaps...
But... this preview has the same feel as episode 4's.
Spoiler for like:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-11, 22:55   Link #45
DanielSong39

Is this an anime or an Asian drama?

We already have:

- Love triangles
- Difficult parents
- Adultery
- Possible Incest

At some point I expect a terminal illness to pop up.

In all seriousness, True Tears may seem innovative and original for an anime viewer but it's absolutely old hat for those who watch Asian dramas. But then again, I actually like Asian dramas, so I think this show will hold up.
Old 2008-02-11, 22:59   Link #46
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

We already have:

- Love triangles
- Difficult parents
- Adultery
- Possible Incest

In all seriousness, True Tears may seem innovative and original for an anime viewer but it's absolutely old hat for those who watch Asian dramas. But then again, I actually like Asian dramas, so I think this show will hold up.
haha just what i thought. i was saying the same in the ep thread, hiromi should get a terminal illness .
Old 2008-02-11, 23:08   Link #47
DanielSong39

The rule of thumb is that if the love interest gets a terminal illness, he/she lives; if the parent gets a terminal illness you might as well call the undertaker.

In a drama the most likely path would be for the mother to get a terminal illness and ask Shin to not go out with Hiromi. Shin would then comply and subject himself and Hiromi to endless misery before they finally get together in the end. It's probably not the father, because then the logical progression would be to admit Hiromi is his daughter on his deathbed - which was scuttled in episode 6.

If Hiromi or Noe were to be stricken, the sick girl would tell Shin to go out with the other one. Shin would agree and they would start going out, but they would have issues over the sick girl, and another guy would get interested in the healthy girl. Eventually the sick girl would recover and Shin would end up with her, while the healthy girl goes out with the other guy.
Old 2008-02-11, 23:25   Link #48
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

maybe Shin's mom was a lesbian and Hiromi's mom left her for Hiromi's dad. go figure. i've seen stranger in anime.

as for the terminal illness, i seriously doubt that'll pop up.
Old 2008-02-11, 23:33   Link #49
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Spoiler for pictures:

Spoiler for about preview:

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-12 at 00:10.
Old 2008-02-12, 01:06   Link #50
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
The rule of thumb is that if the love interest gets a terminal illness, he/she lives; if the parent gets a terminal illness you might as well call the undertaker.
not necessarily, if the girl gets a terminal illness, she would keep it to herself and pushes the guy to the other girl. the guy will be broken hearted and will go out with the other girl. another guy would fall in love with the sick girl and took care of her, but she can't love him back because her heart is already taken by the first guy. the second guy will tell the first guy that the first girl only has a few month to live and the first guy will runs to her bedside crying. the couple will then spend a few days together in a remote place, the girl dies when they are visiting the one place which both of them holds dear(the path from the festival?). grief-stricken by the death of his lover and sister the guy would then commit suicide by drinking poison or allow himself to be struck by a truck

Last edited by cnnydz; 2008-02-12 at 01:35.
Old 2008-02-12, 01:20   Link #51
golthin

Quote:

We already have:

- Love triangles
- Difficult parents
- Adultery
- Possible Incest

Lol, it is made mostly by outsourcing to Korean! so you might be correct!
Old 2008-02-12, 01:28   Link #52
cnnydz
Feed me

we also need:
- Amnesia
- Reincarnation
Old 2008-02-12, 02:02   Link #53
golthin

Quote:

Spoiler for pictures:

Spoiler for for pictures:
Old 2008-02-12, 05:01   Link #54
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post

We already have:

- Love triangles
- Difficult parents
- Adultery
- Possible Incest

Yes indeed. A neat portray to True Tears

For the preview.. It seems that Noe had some fighting skills or rather self-defense against Hiromi and we will see some infos about Hiromi's family tree. Also it's getting really good. I like this show nao. xD
Old 2008-02-12, 08:58   Link #55
Oppius
Banned

There is a catfight scene between Noe and Hiromi in episode 7 preview. Maybe there will be a feud between both of them for few episodes, as I can predict.
Old 2008-02-12, 12:06   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-12, 12:23   Link #57
DanielSong39

True Tears may be a better show than H2O ~ Footprints in the Sand but I find Takuma much more likeable than Shin... it's exasperating to see Shin wander through life in such clueless fashion. I find myself gravitating toward Jun myself and feel that he would fit the "Prince Charming" role a lot better than Shin. Still rooting for #4 and #6.

By the way, Shin is probably the one most responsible for these tangled relationships. So far, he has:

- Has gotten intimately involved with Noe while denying they're in a relationship
- Set up Miyokichi and Ai, despite Ai's reluctance
- Introduced Noe to Hiromi
- Railroaded Jun into going out with Hiromi, in exchange for going out with Noe
- Gave false hope to Ai and Miyokichi
- Became jealous of Jun/Hiromi despite the fact that he decided to give up on Hiromi
etc.

It's easy to make these kind of mistakes when we're young but it is indeed rare to see one person make so many. One would think that Shin would start to learn after a little while.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-02-12 at 14:08.
Old 2008-02-14, 18:47   Link #58
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:

Spoiler for pictures:

Well, it's a good thing that Shinichirou isn't Truth, Noe isn't World, and Hiromi isn't Words.
*cough*

Anyways...

Not a very exciting preview, perhaps...
But... this preview has the same feel as episode 4's.
Spoiler for like:

1 Pic- Noe confronting Hiromi about her feeling towards Shin.
2 Pic- Confusing that one especially the person with gloves, but i think this is Hiromi with Number 4 on a date.
3/4 Pic- Looks like more awkward moment with Aiko and Shin.
5 Pic- Noe worried or thinking about something sad or to do with Shin.
6 Pic- Sad about being dumped by Aiko.
7 Pic- Number 4 holding Noe when she was upset about maybe her grandma or her relationship with Shin as he may of backed out on asking Noe out.
Old 2008-02-17, 21:38   Link #59
cloudninja

Is anyone proficient in reading Japanese willing to summarize what is written here from the official website? It just came out. Thanks.

http://www.truetears.jp/special/tt-news02.pdf

I can understand why they are showing Noe making a bento and Aiko knitting, but why is Hiromi in a store looking at chocolates? A clue to a future scene?
Old 2008-02-17, 22:17   Link #60
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Is anyone proficient in reading Japanese willing to summarize what is written here from the official website? It just came out. Thanks.

http://www.truetears.jp/special/tt-news02.pdf

I can understand why they are showing Noe making a bento and Aiko knitting, but why is Hiromi in a store looking at chocolates? A clue to a future scene?
notice that they have Hiromi wearing Jun's scarf in her picture! the pain!
Closed Thread