AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-05-04, 12:31   Link #201
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
There's no way you really believe your point of view is universal.
All right fine that's fair. I think it's cheerful you guys don't. Let's leave it at that then.
Old 2013-05-04, 15:33   Link #202
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Intense and energentic is uplifiting. And I already said that it doesn't need to be depressing.

There's no way you watched that and didn't get a cheerful tone from it.
I personally don't think the OP can be considered cheerful... But that's my opinion. I think it has more high energy-angst and tension mixed in with hope. I'm a music student and did some brief analysis on it (old habits die hard =_=)... Without going into details about here, I'll just say that they used some techniques that are obviously meant to (and are usually used to) create such an atmosphere. In any case, I don't think the OP will ruin the dark mood much.

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 16:38   Link #203
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
I personally don't think the OP can be considered cheerful... But that's my opinion. I think it has more high energy-angst and tension mixed in with hope. I'm a music student and did some brief analysis on it (old habits die hard =_=)... Without going into details about here, I'll just say that they used some techniques that are obviously meant to (and are usually used to) create such an atmosphere. In any case, I don't think the OP will ruin the dark mood much.
Yeah, the whole piece is written in a minor key and resolves to a minor (like a lot of techno), so creates a sense of tension. Just because it's "upbeat" doesn't make it "uplifting". It's meant to evoke the same sort of excitement and tension you'd get in an action scene. In fact, I'd bet good money that they'll use the song in the climax battle of this arc. It's anything but "happy-go-lucky". Contrast to something like, say, the opening of Henneko; that's also a sort of "techno song" (a "denpa song"?) but is basically the definition of "happy-go-lucky" (ever minor chord always resolves to a major, and the overall feel is extremely "cheerful").
Old 2013-05-06, 09:08   Link #204
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
OP Single is out, loving every moment of it.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:50   Link #205
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Sister's Noise PV

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 17:22   Link #206
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

At last!

That PV was a little weird with the test subject getting... fatter.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 08:35   Link #207
hoshino_crimsonwings

Is it me, or the TV sized version seems to be a MUCH better vocal? Or is my version of the full song not authentic..

Singer seems a lot shorter on breath, some of the notes aren't hit as well as the TV sized version; almost seems like a live version of the song. Anyone else feel the same?
Old 2013-05-11, 09:01   Link #208
aichara

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
Is it me, or the TV sized version seems to be a MUCH better vocal? Or is my version of the full song not authentic..

Singer seems a lot shorter on breath, some of the notes aren't hit as well as the TV sized version; almost seems like a live version of the song. Anyone else feel the same?
Actually yours is the live ver. the audio version actually released on 8th may.
aichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 20:11   Link #209
Ardee

Bought the new OP from cdjapan. As with the previous OP, playing with the various audio channels to build a separated surround mix gives a result that's much nicer to listen to than the original. To try this if you have a surround system, start with the lossless rip from your CD, then do this in a sound editor:

Create a 6-channel track and paste the vocal and instrumental tracks into channels 1&2 and 3&4.

Flip (invert) channels 3&4

Zoom all the way in and find a place in the first few seconds where the instrumental beats clearly line up; you'll need to trim the padding from one of the tracks to get the two to line up perfectly to-the-sample.

Now use a channel mixer to compute new channels:

1' = 1 + 2 - 3 - 4
2' = 1 + 2 - 3 - 4
3' = 1 - 2 - 3 + 4
4' = 3
5' = 3
6' = 4

Now you have a result where the bare lead vocals without much instrumental backing are in the front left and right; the bare harmony vocals are in the front center, the instrumentals are in the rear left and right, and in the sub.

Remember, for the instrumentals to cancel out of the vocals, the tracks have to be exactly aligned before superimposing them.

I could listen to this mix all day! In fact, I did.
Ardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 09:28   Link #210
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

You should upload it somewhere to let all of us share your joy.
Old 2013-05-12, 11:59   Link #211
Ardee

I made a 30-second clip of my modified version, which should meet anyone's definition of fair use for posting here :-)

This is a 5.1 WMA so you need a surround system that can play this for it to sound right. Oh, and I picked the wrong music thread, this should go in Railgun, but it's too late now.

edit: or a regular stereo mp3 clip of just the isolated vocal and harmony so you get the idea, if you don't have surround.
Old 2013-05-15, 16:54   Link #212
Birdway
Banned

ED Single Growing Slowly is out on sales.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:58   Link #213
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but I'd really like to know when the OST for Railgun S is being released. Because the two tracks that played during Shinobu and Misaka #XXXXs scene were too beautiful! Iuchi Maiko has done it again!
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:43   Link #214
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but I'd really like to know when the OST for Railgun S is being released. Because the two tracks that played during Shinobu and Misaka #XXXXs scene were too beautiful! Iuchi Maiko has done it again!
It is being released along-side the Blu-Rays this time. The first Blu-Ray is being released in July, with monthly releases for 8 months. I'm not sure if the OST will be split among all 8 volumes, or just with certain ones... but we'll see.
Old 2013-05-18, 20:24   Link #215
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It is being released along-side the Blu-Rays this time. The first Blu-Ray is being released in July, with monthly releases for 8 months. I'm not sure if the OST will be split among all 8 volumes, or just with certain ones... but we'll see.
The solicitations say volumes 1 and 5 will have the OST volumes. Volumes 2-4 and 6-8 will have the radio show on CD in mp3 format like the first series.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:36   Link #216
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The solicitations say volumes 1 and 5 will have the OST volumes. Volumes 2-4 and 6-8 will have the radio show on CD in mp3 format like the first series.
Thanks for the info. I hope those two "OST volumes" are like what they did with the first Railgun OST, two full CDs (Spark and Moment).
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 20:55   Link #217
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Ah I see -- Animate and Gamers have the details (perhaps among others). The official website, along with Amazon, still only have info on the first volume. This makes perfect sense, though. (And as with last time, volumes 2 & 6 will have the boxes.)
Old 2013-05-25, 04:11   Link #218
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Spoiler for Sister noise:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 20:40   Link #219
Ardee

This is incredible - per my post #209 above, I made a surround mix of Sister's Noise by playing with the raw CD rip.

At this moment, I'm doing setup at the E3 game show getting my (unnamed) company's theater ready for the show. I'm helping the audio crew configure the surround audio, and they asked if I had a test file.... *Yes I do!!!*

So I'm sitting in a newly-built theater in our space at the LA convention center with an over-the-top surround system meant to blast gamers' socks off, listening to Sister's Noise, and seeing the various construction workers joke in Spanish about the funny music, and dance to it.
Old 2013-06-23, 04:12   Link #220
icebreaker

You must be kidding me.. The lyrics of "stand still" (the song they used for the ending of Episode 11 in Railgun S) is the saddest one I've ever heard from the Index series. I'm not sure whether it could be interpreted another way, but what it seems like is a woman who is saying she could never move on from her husband's death.
Spoiler for If you put it in context:

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-06-23 at 04:42.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote