AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-12, 20:14   Link #3701
NeutralZero

^if he fights to kill, its more likely to call it a one way slaughter...
So far its good to see him struggle while holding back...
Old 2013-03-12, 20:17   Link #3702
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Honestly the author is being very unclear about Tatsuya against the top fighters in mahouka. When Tatsuya said that Yanagi showed that being a guardian isn't all that he was most likely talking about the events 3 years prior to the current timeline, as for fighting his master I have no idea but there is a chance that he was only talking about losing to him in a practice battle and/or in martial arts.
I mean it won't make ANY sense for him to lose to at least Yanagi right now, he just beat Lina who is supposedly the strongest magician in the USNA and his powers were actually half sealed so yeah.
Also there is something that you have to keep in mind when thinking about Tatsuya's ability which is versality, Kazama, Yanagi and Yakumo are all powerful magicians and fighters but they're always being in situations of close range anti-personnel combat where they excel, on the other hand Tatsuya is practically omnipotent, he can fight people in close combat, mid-range, long range, over the horizon, he can blow up cities, he can fight tanks and armored stuff head on which Yanagi had a lot of difficulity to do seeing how his magic deoesn't really destroy them, and in a group battle Tatsuya makes his allies semi-invincible by regenerating them infinitely.
And if we were to just look at the characters abilities on paper without taking in consideration anything besides that I honestly can't see any of the 3 being able to fight him and win when he's at full power(Like i said, this is only on paper so i have no idea what the author would do), when he used Mist Dispersion and Cardinal George saw it and mistoke it for Molecular Divider which I think isn't as good as Mist Dispersion he was shocked and everyone around him was which means it's an amazing ability so Mist Dispersion is even more amazing, and when he used Regrowth to heal his friend everyone thought it's a high class magic of the highest level and all, now Tatsuya actually has Mist Dispersion+Gram Dispersion+Regrowth to use in batle which are all magic of the highest caliber combined with another classified ability in Elemental Sight, his abilities in combat magic are clearly at the peak of what is possible and it was already said that in ninjutsu/martial arts he surpassed Yakumo in skills he just needs more experience in that area so if you combine the two for him to lose to fighters who are just a bit higher on him when it comes to ninjutsu/martial arts but he more than compensates for it in magic(if their magic prowess is considered equal to his then i have no idea what the point behind calling his abilities classified and all) then something is wrong.
Mahouka isn't a battle light novel. While that is part of the story it isn't everything, sometimes is like asking who would win in a fight between a person with a gun or machine gun you can speculate all you want but at the end of the day is the one that is alive that won the fight.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:23   Link #3703
blackwhite67
Banned

Thanks for the pictures nacer666. Man, that red-haired, golden-eyed woman is Lina!? She looks like she went super saiyan and why is the parasite wearing a mask?
Old 2013-03-12, 20:24   Link #3704
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
Mahouka isn't a battle light novel. While that is part of the story it isn't everything, sometimes is like asking who would win in a fight between a person with a gun or machine gun you can speculate all you want but at the end of the day is the one that is alive that won the fight.
that's like saying mahouka isn't a romance light novel which it is, it's a light novel that showcasts MANY things and battles are a VERY important part of it, they're not all it is about but it has importance.
And even speculations and assumption have their merit, to begin with nothing is certain in life or in this story so should we stop discussing everything all together ?
And the one alive won the fight but it wasn't just thanks to luck that he did so, while sometimes that can be a factor it has limited influence and skills are what decide the fate of the battle UNLESS both sides are on the same level in which case luck will become an important factor because let's be real here, do you think Tatsuya would lose to a non magician regular soldier in a head on fight ? you can't just say who knows maybe he'll get unlucky because if it does happen then it's just too unrealistic and doubts everything the author has shown us so far.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:33   Link #3705
babbo3d

Quote:
that's like saying mahouka isn't a romance light novel which it is, it's a light novel that showcasts MANY things and battles are a VERY important part of it, they're not all it is about but it has importance.
And even speculations and assumption have their merit, to begin with nothing is certain in life or in this story so should we stop discussing everything all together ?
And the one alive won the fight but it wasn't just thanks to luck that he did so, while sometimes that can be a factor it has limited influence and skills are what decide the fate of the battle UNLESS both sides are on the same level in which case luck will become an important factor because let's be real here, do you think Tatsuya would lose to a non magician regular soldier in a head on fight ? you can't just say who knows maybe he'll get unlucky because if it does happen then it's just too unrealistic and doubts everything the author has shown us so far.
true i conveyed my incorrectly you are right what i meant, when i said when i say is not a battle light novel it's that instead of fights between magicians, it would be better to think it as humans that can use the convenient weapon know as magic. And while they are fights and battles they are not really the main points of the story.

The second point is up to you what you think of it but a normal person could beat tatsuya with the right tactics.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:40   Link #3706
waffler

wouldnt it be awesome if they made it so tatsuya could regenerate from anything even when hes blown by material burst so he can just walk into a nation and cast mb and regenerate. but too bad hell blow up miyuki too xD
Old 2013-03-12, 20:42   Link #3707
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
wouldnt it be awesome if they made it so tatsuya could regenerate from anything even when hes blown by material burst so he can just walk into a nation and cast mb and regenerate. but too bad hell blow up miyuki too xD
Yes, but it wouldn't be consistent with the story.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:48   Link #3708
babbo3d

Quote:
Would he even be human then. How could he achieve this.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:57   Link #3709
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
true i conveyed my incorrectly you are right what i meant, when i said when i say is not a battle light novel it's that instead of fights between magicians, it would be better to think it as humans that can use the convenient weapon know as magic. And while they are fights and battles they are not really the main points of the story.

The second point is up to you what you think of it but a normal person could beat tatsuya with the right tactics.
there are some things that just shouldn't be done in a story because of how low they happen, that's like making someone win the lottery 10 times in a row for a billion dollars in a tv series, it would just be unrealistic and annoying and I wouldn't want to watch it.
battles aren't the main point of the story ? battles = magic and in this specific novel the author is trying to make it into a science as in something that follows a specific logic and magic is a big part of the story so yeah.
Old 2013-03-12, 21:07   Link #3710
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
*And please, don't make baseless theory. Make it and prove it with evident. Like this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P/S: i almost forget.
Please tell me you are Chiaki's fan, please.
Please don't tell me you are any other girl's fan.
So i don't feel any hate toward them.
Chiaki is fine though or the douche bag or the annoying rude & nosy & bothering Masaki and George.

P/S2: You don't have to answer this question but it will be very welcome: how old are you? (I'm very curious and i know it's a personal question, so you don't need to answer it. I'm 22 BTW)
First, let me state I have no shipping agenda. I could care less who ends up with whom and the very fact that by asking this seems to imply that the theory I am trying to put foreword is a "threat" to you ship makes me even hesitant to even answer your post as I'm starting to think it is going to be pointless.

Second, since you asked I am in my 30's and have worked in the engineering field and that is why I stated what was going on with his step mother sounded like just office politics (yes it is much more over blown than real life but not so far off it strikes me as being anything dark and sinister)

Since you feel my theories are unfounded let me go ahead and state them clearly before I start to go in to my reasoning behind them.

The first is that the siblings father isn't trying to control Tatsuya but is in fact attempting to give Tatsuya freedom under the mistaken impression that he is being forced to be a Guardian to his sister against his will.

The Second is about Miya and Maya That I'm going to hold off on until more has been translated.

Spoiler for Long wall of text:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-03-12 at 21:21.
Old 2013-03-13, 00:15   Link #3711
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
let's be real here, do you think Tatsuya would lose to a non magician regular soldier in a head on fight ? you can't just say who knows maybe he'll get unlucky because if it does happen then it's just too unrealistic and doubts everything the author has shown us so far.
Actually, I think that Tatsuya can be killed by a long range projectile through the head. Just like how a damaged restore system can't restore files, Tatsuya auto-regeneration shouldn't be able to work if its destroyed.

Seeing as Tatsuya did
Spoiler for Vol 6 spoiler:
it isn't actually that farfetched for him to lose to a normal human.
Old 2013-03-13, 00:21   Link #3712
waffler

how do you destroy tatsuyas auto regeneration?
Old 2013-03-13, 00:38   Link #3713
bludvein

Quote:
how do you destroy tatsuyas auto regeneration?
By destroying or impairing the area of the brain that controls his magic, duh. If he gets sniped in the head he is a goner. Tatsuya's restoration isn't some kind of all-powerful god mode.

Plus anything that causes instant death would kill him too. Can't reboot a corpse...
Old 2013-03-13, 00:51   Link #3714
waffler

oh... that sucks i thought it was like perfect cell if he has his core he can keep regenerating xD
Old 2013-03-13, 00:56   Link #3715
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

They really need to know about his ability though and a bunch of dedicated assassination. For example, since people NORMALLY died after getting shot through their heart or loss of blood, people would definitely assume that Tatsuya is already dead with that. Of course we know that he's going to survive that, and by the time those bunch of morons that tried to kill him in conventional ways realized that... well, they're already dead .

It's a good thing that his restoration ability is a secret People that'll try to kill him wouldn't plan a specific way to destroy him since they thought he's just a normal human.

Old 2013-03-13, 01:09   Link #3716
waffler

just to be safe when tatsuya goes out shouldnt he at least cover his head with decomposition?
Old 2013-03-13, 01:26   Link #3717
bludvein

Quote:
just to be safe when tatsuya goes out shouldnt he at least cover his head with decomposition?
Any magician that looks at him would be able to tell he has magic active, and even with Tat's psion count his durability isn't infinite. Continuously using magic for even an hour would probably wear him out. That just crosses the border into paranoia.

EDIT: Also, as long as his magic remains a secret any sniper will aim for his chest. Head-shots are difficult and a large caliber round is plenty lethal(for everyone but Tats) in the much easier to hit chest area. Although if you want some paranoia fuel the Yotsuba have the info to pull it off.
Old 2013-03-13, 01:47   Link #3718
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
just seen the pics....all i can say is "A lot of fanservice kyyyaaa"
Tatsuya saving the day woohhooo!!
Tatsuya hugging Miyuki no need to elaborate that, cuz it just made my day!!!! Yaahhhhooooo!!!!

Spoiler for Lina:

cant wait when Miyuki and Lina dish it out....thats what kisses are for!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2013-03-13 at 01:58.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:58   Link #3719
Jirachier

Quote:
that doesn't make any sense, decomposition magic decomposes it, it doesn't hide anything so unless you want him to decompose his own body and die he's not gonna use it on himself.
Old 2013-03-13, 03:12   Link #3720
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
that doesn't make any sense, decomposition magic decomposes it, it doesn't hide anything so unless you want him to decompose his own body and die he's not gonna use it on himself.
I believe what he means is to cast a protective layer of decomposition to protect his head, not to use decomposition to hide his head.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings