AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-27, 16:26   Link #12621
MShukyDeneuve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSilverSky View Post
Even though i don't know what you meant, i think Miyuki can be pretty agressive and assertive, she competes with honoka in romantic actions, and doesn't even try to hide her love for tatsuya.

Miyuki mother overused her power and lost emotions, rigth? So i don't think she even cares if she is married or not, and probably just said "whatever sure" when asked to marry. We don't really know how Yotsuba is on marriage, because we don't have a single case of a normal weeding, since romance seems fucked up on late 21 century.
I never read Miyuki aggresiveness can be compared to Parvati's. To make you understood, just read Parvati's personality. If Parvati is Tatsuya lil sister, she can go straight locked Tatsuya in a room to atleast being all alone together with Tatsuya(in extreme case, having s*x with him). But like i said, that may be possible Miyuki will have change personality in the future to be like Parvati toward Tatsuya. So i finished with that.

Oh...That is the first time i heard about Miyuki's mother. Where is that stated? looks like i missed something important, i though it is Maya the one who had her memories erased by Miya. But now then, There is possibility that Miyuki would end up like her mother case, isn't it?? Because that we talking too far into the future, where many possibility may arises, it is really hard to come into agreement. Resulting nonsense post every page that can confusing people who read it XD.
Old 2014-03-27, 16:36   Link #12622
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Thats just your speculation on your part, and from what is given, yes Maya is. Rather then saying "do this or else", she is more the type to pressure Miyuki or manipulate her into doing it. Take the scheme to both keep Tatsuya loyal to the Yotsuba and keeping him rebelling for an example on how she does things.
The point i am making, that any path that ends up with Miyuki married, she needs to go along with it.
They can't get rid of her (too valuable), they can't force her (too risky).

They can try bribery (offer recognicing Tatsuya as official Yotsube maybe?), as well as mental pressuring (it's for the good of the clan/your mother would have wanted this), they could try finding a man she would fall in love with (unlikely).
But they can't force her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
The issue being addresed here is that Miyuki doesn't want any man other then Tatsuya to touch her, she finds the idea repulsive. How does that method differ for her?
And with my solution, no other man needs to touch her.
Problem (one of them) solved.
Old 2014-03-27, 16:48   Link #12623
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Sakura series.
The products born are used by the Yotsuba, but were stated to be bought from a research institute. Its not indicated and unlikely that the Yotsuba were involved in their creation.

Quote:
I have not, ever, suggested any genetic experimentation.
Artificial insemination, it happens, today, on humans, no genetic experimentation involved.
In that quote I never said you did. Your suggestion would likely be turned down for the same reason why she doesn't want to marry someone else.

Quote:
What kind of pressure? Get married or we will, what, nag?
There is no need for force, or even threat of force.
Only one who can order it is Maya, and she is not insane enough to push the issue if Miyuki really puts her foot down.
Yes, I suppose it could just be considered nagging. Introducing suitors, reminding her of responsibilities, sort of like the things we saw in Matumi's v11 side story. Maya doesn't plan to hurt Miyuki, so there is nothing 'insane' about it.

Quote:
And now you suddenly say she would refuse marriage?
When the option presented is superior in every way to forced loveless marriage with someone she does not give a shit about?

The "classy magician society" won't give a shit as long as the offspring is a strong mage.
You suggested an alternative to marriage that is not superior though. My point is she would hate having another man other than Tatsuya's child just as much as she would hate a loveless marriage other than with Tatsuya. She herself said society wants her married. So according to the novel, they do care about such things. Marriage can also bring useful connections and political ties. Its not what she wants(Tatsuya), its what they want. There can be more gained than just the offspring.

Quote:
Basically, only way they can make Miyuki marry someone is Miyuki agrees to it, other option is to physically drag her to altar and rape her, at which point Tatsuya goes nuts.

Maya ain't stupid, she knows that if Miyuki says no, that's it.
They can nag any amount they want, but they can't force the issue.
Which is quite true. I'm just pointing out due to Miyuki's feelings she would react the same to being artificially inseminated with another person's seed other than Tatsuya's. So your suggestion isn't really much better of an alternative for her.

Quote:
Why would Miyuki detest a child she carried? Why would she detest it more than the offspring that comes with a loveless marriage?
And why is the options "loveless marriage" and "incest"?
I never mentioned she'd detest one more than the other, I'm pointing out artificial insemination or not, if its not Tatsuya's its a no. 'Touching' makes no difference, its still not want she wants. As seen in the novel the options are Tatsuya and nothing else. Send your why to the author.

Quote:
As for shortened lifespan argument...
Artificial Insemination is done, today, on humans, with no ill effects.
Which has no relevance to the production of magical mahouka offspring. In the novel there was an introduction explaining they tried all the alternatives and they still somehow produced less stable offspring than the natural method. But they gained valuable data to help improve the matches for the natural method.

Quote:
Tatsuya would kill anyone who mess with miyuki desires or safety like UltravioletX said, and that doesn't even require a quote, since everyone know it's true. I think altough it's not a fact, miyuki would be the same.
In the novel its only been shown that Tatsuya destroys threats to Miyuki's safety and tries to grant her requests. This is only marriage we're talking about, Neither side is likely to actually want to start a fight over it.
Old 2014-03-27, 17:08   Link #12624
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Guys, seeing what happened to Mahou Sensou this season, what do you think will happen to animated Mahouka?
Old 2014-03-27, 17:19   Link #12625
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Guys, seeing what happened to Mahou Sensou this season, what do you think will happen to animated Mahouka?
I'm hoping that they put their attention and resources to Mahouka....Aside from the first episode, Mahou Sensou sucks....
Old 2014-03-27, 17:19   Link #12626
BW95
Banned

Quote:
There's nothing to gain from using Mahou Sensou as a reference. It was a train wreck that actually left its animation to Seoul Loft.
Old 2014-03-27, 17:42   Link #12627
DarkSilverSky

Quote:
I am afraid too about that, but Mahouka story is well divided in arcs while mahou sensou was a bit messy with lots of plot holes. As long as they don't give an anime original ending or rush volumes, mahouka has a great story to be animated.
Old 2014-03-27, 17:58   Link #12628
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
I am afraid too about that, but Mahouka story is well divided in arcs while mahou sensou was a bit messy with lots of plot holes. As long as they don't give an anime original ending or rush volumes, mahouka has a great story to be animated.
Mahouka as LN is well divided, but its amount of contents is very heavy. I highly doubt we'll get a satisfying anime from it. Now with how horrible they just did Mahou Sensou...

There's still hope if they don't animate 1 LN in 3 episodes anime like most studios do nowadays. I really hope they'll animate at worst 6 arcs in 24 episodes (if it covers 2 seasons) with 2 OVAs for extra contents...
Old 2014-03-27, 18:20   Link #12629
hakazee

Quote:
What?
I'm a racist for calling people who rape a 10 year old repeatedly because they wanted offspring out of her stupid short sighted and cruel?
Seriously?
Maybe because the rapist is Dahan and they speak chinese.
And the fact is that country often kidnap children and rape them.
Old 2014-03-27, 18:24   Link #12630
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
No.

Just no.

Personal attacks are not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Agreed. Not cool at all.
Iam very sorry to my attitude earlier; and Iam regretting it.

Quote:
you asked "Did you even wonder why Maya didnt do that?"
That is my answer.
She did not need to.
Yes I know she didnt need to do it but why did she did it? Maya barely have any love for Miya anymore due to what she did. Did you even wonder it might be their tradition? Thats how their Grand mother did it; thats how there mom did it and thats how they'll do it= Tradition!
Quote:
What has Saegusa got to do with this?
Tatsuya's and Miyuki's father was not Saegusa.
If you are so right why did the Seagusa had to call of the engagement if only they need a sperm?
Quote:
What?
I'm a racist for calling people who rape a 10 year old repeatedly because they wanted offspring out of her stupid short sighted and cruel?
Seriously?
Your way of thinking is what I call .....; It maybe cruel but it isnt stupid or short sighted, You are completely denying the fact that they have tradition to follow; and beliefs. They wanted to breed a strong magician so they bang her till she get pregnant; They wanted to go natural birth and follow tradition; raping the girl was just an extra for them; or pleasure?; Rape happens everyday; and you calling a whole nation stupid,short sighted and cruel just because of that is pretty R's

Quote:
So fucking what?
What does that have to do with the question at hand?
Because Yotsuba sure as hell don't mind "playing god"
And i doubt people who would rape a 10 year old would be all that concerned about it either.
Iam still talking about human nature here; beliefs is a person's persona.
Of course they wouldnt mind but the public will do. Why do you think there are clan who got strip of their #s?

Quote:
I think we are talking about completely different things by now.
All i am saying that the idea of "Miyuki has to marry" is just borrowing trouble.
I've pointed out why and how she can avoid it without loosing anything.
That is why Iam telling you that wont happen. Miyuki was raise as a heir, she has to marry and bare a child someday. Even if Miyuki doesnt want it. She even knows she has to do it. Maya even told that they dont even need to brainwash her because that was how she was raised. She cant disobey Maya or the Yotsuba.

Quote:
?
Artificial Insemination and out of wedlock babies lead to giant robots fighting in space?
Future men; future!

Quote:
I feel like you're getting pretty dark lately... Is everything alright?
Stress out @ work.specially patient who judge you on your color~

Quote:
I still personally believe Miya was ordered by someone else at the time.
Well Iam pretty sure it was Maya.

Quote:
Gundam Seed is a great reference for racism and elitism in culture. It sort of takes the whole concept to it's most logical extreme.
One of the best.

Quote:
But seriously the whole concept of Gundam seed is an Artificially created super people are at war with naturally born normal people because one believes they're better (it doesn't help that they literally are in fact better) and the normal people don't like it. It can sort of apply to this series, but more so if it dealt more with non magicians. The whole concept of Elitism is really big in both series though.
Yes thats the theme for vol. 12; there people who wants to get rid of Magicians; Coordinator=Magicians.

Quote:
Mahouka as LN is well divided, but its amount of contents is very heavy. I highly doubt we'll get a satisfying anime from it. Now with how horrible they just did Mahou Sensou...

There's still hope if they don't animate 1 LN in 3 episodes anime like most studios do nowadays. I really hope they'll animate at worst 6 arcs in 24 episodes (if it covers 2 seasons) with 2 OVAs for extra contents...
Depends on the Info dumps; If its alot its gonna be bad; if its too small its still gonna be bad.
Only thing to prevent that is read the novel=Marketing woot woot

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-27, 20:01   Link #12631
Dragonking

can someone please tell me what just happened in the last ep and in the future novels
1. is Kazuma Takeshi or something
2. what volume did they stop at
3. please tell me there is a 13th ep, OVA, or season 2
4. Seriously what just happened in that last half of the episode

Old 2014-03-27, 20:03   Link #12632
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonking View Post
can someone please tell me what just happened in the last ep and in the future novels
1. is Kazuma Takeshi or something
2. what volume did they stop at
3. please tell me there is a 13th ep, OVA, or season 2
4. Seriously what just happened in that last half of the episode
.....Wrong place?
Old 2014-03-27, 20:05   Link #12633
Dragonking

oops my bad

Old 2014-03-27, 22:07   Link #12634
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShukyDeneuve View Post
I mostly agree about Parvati's part. While there is too much similiarity that can't be said just coincidence. But from what i read, Their personality is different. Parvati is somewhat aggresive and assertive person similiar like Erika or Mayumi,eh...WAW XD. I don't think Miyuki can be aggresive as Parvati. They share "snow" like in every aspect but personality... But in the future something like that can't be ruled out though.

So yeah, i agree it can happen with Miyuki case, but as far to wiped out another shipping, that is too much.

For marriage talk, is not Miyuki mother married someone she is not love with? Maybe all of you thinking too deep that you lost something that so simple. Marriage is too far yet we acted as far as we Miyuki herself. That was too much.
Nope. Their similar descriptions as "intelligent and delicate, yet overwhelming beauties aside--their personalities are alike too. Miyuki's an ultra-devoted imouto who adores and practically worships her godlike onii-sama who she's happiest with; she's very affectionate with him--his mere touch is enough to make her happy--and would do anything for his sake. She acts like a model waifu, and as for the aggressiveness part...I think we can all agree that Miyuki's capable of some scary shit. She's also completely merciless when her ire is provoked, and if you look at Yuutosei, you can definitely see that she's Tatsuya's sister: she makes her own investigations, hunts people down, inspires the same cold terror her brother does (to the point that she's also called a "monster"), and that contemptuous look on her face is pleasantly sadistic. Part of the reason Miyuki grew interested and came to love Tatsuya is the fact that she saw he was possibly more powerful than her.

Parvati? Is an ultra devoted wife who started as one of her husband's devotees. She's very affectionate with him---she's happiest when he's around--his mere touch is enough to send her into ecstasy and she do anything for her husband. She and her husband are known for their harmonious marriage. And one her traits is that she's also completely merciless when provoked and her anger can frighten anyone. She also grew interested in Shiva partly because she saw he was more powerful than she was.
Old 2014-03-27, 22:10   Link #12635
HandofFate

saw the trailer for the anime.
tbh, makes me really pessimistic. Since it concentrated solely on the incest scenes, where while its a factor that grows steadily, I don't see it as the main focus at all, and it remains standard bro-con/sic-con gags for most the currently running volumes :/
Old 2014-03-27, 22:45   Link #12636
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
tbh, makes me really pessimistic. Since it concentrated solely on the incest scenes, where while its a factor that grows steadily, I don't see it as the main focus at all, and it remains standard bro-con/sic-con gags for most the currently running volumes :/
There were two trailers. Tatsuya's PV focuses on the action; Miyuki's PV on the wincest. I'd say the anime will probably be able to balance it out.

Because the wincest here is NECESSARY.
Old 2014-03-27, 22:56   Link #12637
Echizen777

Why do most of you think that Miyuki can say no Maya? Maya is the head, Miyuki is the subordinate..

Quote:
THe PVs are better than the entire Mahou Sensou anime . We can't guarantee that the anime will be good but it will be way better, there are even omakes and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
There was no incest in the trailers. It's pretty obvious that Miyuki loves his brother like a man though.
Old 2014-03-27, 23:06   Link #12638
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Why do most of you think that Miyuki can say no Maya? Maya is the head, Miyuki is the subordinate..
What you say is technically correct, but most people account for the fact that Miyuki has Tatsuya, and Maya is scared of Tatsuya. If Maya takes too many liberties with how she treats Miyuki which causes Miyuki to suffer in any way, the fan base is largely of the opinion Tatsuya would kill Maya.

That's generally "why" most think miyuki can say no to Maya.
Old 2014-03-27, 23:54   Link #12639
chsz77

The 2nd PV is so incest. I can't stop laughing.
Old 2014-03-28, 00:44   Link #12640
BlueDanube

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsz77 View Post
The 2nd PV is so incest. I can't stop laughing.
Incest is great, I am loving it.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings