AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-11-17, 23:43   Link #121
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'll believe it when I see it, but this one more than any of the false alarms has the ring of finality to it. Kagome has said her goodbyes in the modern world, Naraku has completed the jewel and powered up, and Kohaku's situation has resolved. All the forces are gathering - Sesshomaru is about to link up with Inu, and Team Fluffy has pretty much been absorbed into Team Inuyasha. I think it may actually be time at last, for the final battle.

(Which might last 200 chapters)
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 10:57   Link #122
shaselai

I see Naraku spawning another group of followers or maybe resurrecting old enemies and have the group all battle "their demons" - that should last 100 chapters. Then the final battle begins....
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 12:14   Link #123
twilightaura

Is anyone bored of Kagome?

I have been waiting for ages for her to get super powerful. Early on in the series it was hinted that she is more powerful than Kikyou and not merely a reincarnation (which is obvious from them surviving separately). However, she hardly ever does anything. Kikyou appears to be way more powerful than her. Everytime the group gets attacked by youkai everyone tells kagome to stay back and protects her!

Why can't she create a barrier like kikyou (and Miroku)? Why did she only use her bow once to knock back that curse (when she knocks back tsubaki's curse) and not for anything else. Why does she always have to use an arrow? Why doesn't she use the other types of arrow spells? Can't there be more variations on her purifying abilities?

Sorry if this is rambling and makes little sense, i'm just feeling a little frustrated that kagome is not developing very much.

Edit: I could be wrong though since i am only on volume 31 in the manga, does it get better?
twilightaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 12:41   Link #124
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightaura View Post
Is anyone bored of Kagome?

I have been waiting for ages for her to get super powerful. Early on in the series it was hinted that she is more powerful than Kikyou and not merely a reincarnation (which is obvious from them surviving separately). However, she hardly ever does anything. Kikyou appears to be way more powerful than her. Everytime the group gets attacked by youkai everyone tells kagome to stay back and protects her!

Why can't she create a barrier like kikyou (and Miroku)? Why did she only use her bow once to knock back that curse (when she knocks back tsubaki's curse) and not for anything else. Why does she always have to use an arrow? Why doesn't she use the other types of arrow spells? Can't there be more variations on her purifying abilities?

Sorry if this is rambling and makes little sense, i'm just feeling a little frustrated that kagome is not developing very much.

Edit: I could be wrong though since i am only on volume 31 in the manga, does it get better?
Spoiler:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 14:27   Link #125
twilightaura

I hesitated for a long time before i opened the spoiler.

Thank god there is a reason! When do we find that out? I read to volume 33 now Does this mean she's going to start kicking some ass and become even more powerful than inuyasha? I didn't know the shikon could do that.
twilightaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 15:19   Link #126
AnimeFangirl

Just keep reading, twilight, keep reading.
Old 2007-11-20, 16:12   Link #127
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
My thoughts/predictions are...they kill Naraku (somebody may die, who knows), Sesshomaru and Rin wander off again, and Kagome goes back home, after giving the Shikon to Inu Yasha, tears in her eyes, telling him that he can be the full demon he always wanted to be at last. She jumps thru the well, final time...

High School begins...she's mopey...comes home one day to find an extra worker at home...a full-human, and surly, Inu Yasha.

sighhhhh.

Yeah, right, like that'll happen!!

there are no endings in Rumiko Takahashi's world...we may just be left with emptiness again.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 16:30   Link #128
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Maybe the jewl is having a single moment type thing and Inuyasha grabs it first and everything goes bright. Everyone assumes he goes full demon, but he comes out human.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 17:50   Link #129
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
there are no endings in Rumiko Takahashi's world...we may just be left with emptiness again.
Well there is one, Maison had a definitive ending, but being one of her oldest, it makes sense.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:24   Link #130
finalnight
Supreme Commander

531 is out, Sesshomaru has started battling with various forms of Naraku, and Inuyasha is about to engage as well.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 18:49   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Whew what a rush. Just busted through where the anime left off to 531 in a few days. Lots of reading .

Spoiler for Thoughts to this point:

So now just have to wait for the next ones and see how this finishes up.
Old 2007-11-25, 19:50   Link #132
ellifeedn
Thinker

Sorry for posting a pointless question but how old is this series?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 00:04   Link #133
Sun-Ku

think One chapter a week. Maybe little pauses inbetween? i dont know. But if there was One chapter a week without exception then this Manga is ongoing for 10 Years.
Conan has 630 chapter BUT its conan! we dont need plot in Conan. Inu yasha in the other hand....
Old 2007-11-27, 12:55   Link #134
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Sorry for posting a pointless question but how old is this series?
I think it started in like 96 or 97.

And yeah I mean it is Inuyasha, seriously. Just because it is the last part...doesn't mean it can't go on for another six months..
Old 2007-11-29, 17:56   Link #135
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I think Miroku will die. There's gotta be some tragedy that doesn't begin with K.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 08:57   Link #136
TigerII
Pilot in Training

.......... I ?
Old 2007-12-02, 02:19   Link #137
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
The FINAL battle with Naraku as begun. Major revelations in the last chapter.

Spoiler:

I really think this is the end here folks
Old 2007-12-02, 05:55   Link #138
Assassin's Credd

About time. Been forever since this started.
Assassin's Credd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 13:38   Link #139
jimbob12kirk
Kill everything!

Location: somewhere along the lines of.....hollyorcasouthamaryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Personally, I think it's beyond just writing shonen. No offence to her as I can't even remotely draw as good as her, but a lot of times in Inuyasha...the fighting shonen scenes just come across being...lazily drawn. Personally, I think that Hunter x Hunter's occasional sketching doodles at times feel more inspiring than the substandard INUYASHA SLASH Rumiko draws, and that's saying a lot.

Inuyasha isn't a bad manga, but it feels too much like Detective Conan at times. It's like there are need to chuck in parts that feel fillerish in-between before actually contributing to characters and sections like they're finally moving the plot by chunks.

The good thing is that recent developments has shown a lot of potential that Inuyasha is going towards it's finale soon...but knowing Rumiko...soon isn't a short period of time.

I totally hated how Koga got shafted. I know that he'd have to give up eventually, but can't it be more...dramatic?
Personally i agree with that completely, she really should just stop drawing...lol
jimbob12kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 14:11   Link #140
TigerII
Pilot in Training

As I said, finale could be a further 200 chapters.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen