AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 22:36   Link #1
Jumos

Jumos' Story Ideas...?

Ok, just some things I think would be interesting as far as animes go.

Story-lines like this.

(main character) Is a man with over grown hair and a distant expression most of the time.

He appears off a train in the pilot episode. His right hand is covered by a long sleeve. he goes to the nearest cafe, sits and drinks coffee. Then suddenly, the world around him explodes in a cascade of fire. The citizens, as the camera pans around, are confused and have the look of their last emotions/thoughts.

The man walks out of the flames and his sleeve burnt off. The hidden hand has flame tatoos all over it.

So the story either rewinds or just goes from there.

It leads you into the life of this man. How he found pandora's box. How he talked to mystified God like apparitions who told him the beginnings of mankind and their purpose. Who lost a poker match with an angel of destruction who branded his left arm with the flames. The flames is the angel's method of telling him something. whenever his mind is complacent with the nature of this world, fire will consume it. So, whatever his perception of reality is, that reality is consumed by fire.

Soon, he finds a woman that he loves and people he cares about. He cannot become complacent. He cannot see them as his reality. He always has to move. But he is now forming thoughts and feelings about how he wants his life to go.
Jumos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 23:39   Link #2
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Oh hi again it's you lol...
I'm not gonna start "flaming" you... but you really should look at this.

Anywho...
I watched part of an anime that is sort of similar to this story line... I think it was Kurokami
Highschool Of The Dead has a story line that sort of "explodes" in the beginning. The overall plot formation is disappointing in my opinion.
Hellsing, and Death Note would sort of fall under those categories in there own special way.
Old 2010-09-26, 23:54   Link #3
Jumos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Oh hi again it's you lol...
I'm not gonna start "flaming" you... but you really should look at this.

Anywho...
I watched part of an anime that is sort of similar to this story line... I think it was Kurokami
Highschool Of The Dead has a story line that sort of "explodes" in the beginning. The overall plot formation is disappointing in my opinion.
Hellsing, and Death Note would sort of fall under those categories in there own special way.
What is it with you and the forum rules? If I post and the mods don't like it, that's that.

I just skimmed over Kurokami's plot.. and I didn't like it.

Hellsing I've seen before and Death Note I've already read the manga. I didn't really find the anime that interesting. Death Note was actually one of the only animes that was interesting to me.

Hellsing was ok. Cowboy Bebop was also interesting to watch in its day.

The type of plot I'm looking for is the type that takes you through a philosophical belief in the story of a person.

Such as a man who cannot live a normal life because he had discovered a paradoxical truth and had gambled with beings alive before humanity was around. What is reality? Perhaps in the end, he is complacent with his fate and boom.. what happens then?
Old 2010-09-27, 00:00   Link #4
james0246

^What is the point of this thread anyway? I put it here thinking it had something to do with fanfiction, but now I am unsure. What are you asking/looking for?

That being said, please use Search to check for any existing threads for topics you might wish to discuss in the future...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 00:15   Link #5
Jumos

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^What is the point of this thread anyway? I put it here thinking it had something to do with fanfiction, but now I am unsure. What are you asking/looking for?

That being said, please use Search to check for any existing threads for topics you might wish to discuss in the future...
I'm looking for a real life cat person who has a habit of tripping over people.

But no actually, what you see in my original post is just that, a post of a story I would find interesting.
Old 2010-09-27, 00:30   Link #6
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Quite frankly, I have yet to run across a post by this guy that doesn't scream "troll".

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 00:31   Link #7
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumos View Post
The type of plot I'm looking for is the type that takes you through a philosophical belief in the story of a person.

Such as a man who cannot live a normal life because he had discovered a paradoxical truth and had gambled with beings alive before humanity was around. What is reality? Perhaps in the end, he is complacent with his fate and boom.. what happens then?
So you want something like Madlax, or Black Lagoon?
I may still be confused on your exact request...

Reading your request is making me remember a lot of animes that are a part of my childhood.
Old 2010-09-27, 00:54   Link #8
Jumos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
So you want something like Madlax, or Black Lagoon?
I may still be confused on your exact request...

Reading your request is making me remember a lot of animes that are a part of my childhood.
I'm not sure I requested anything actually. If you are referring to what I said about what I was looking for, then that's just something I'm looking for and not really requesting something about it.

You watched lots of philosophical based animes in your childhood? From what I've seen, it's either about some female alien crashing into a giant tree and a bunch of wires strapped to her or about some wierd ghost aliens threatening to destroy the fabric of the normal world.

Death Note was the first I've seen in that category.

Madlax sounds interesting.. Though from the looks of it, I'm almost certain that guy with the white hair is the drag queen, the guy in the gray suit is the elitist who lives in a mansion and the girl with the gun is a high school student which means... There will be a high school theme.
Old 2010-09-27, 01:05   Link #9
Jumos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Quite frankly, I have yet to run across a post by this guy that doesn't scream "troll".

There is a line between trolling and opinion. Censorship means that we all traverse on the precipice of things we hope are reality and things that become reality when we get complacent. Then the journey ends when you realize that reality can change just as quickly as you placed it. This relates to my story, I'm glad you support.
Old 2010-09-27, 01:06   Link #10
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Quote:
Madlax sounds interesting.. Though from the looks of it, I'm almost certain that guy with the white hair is the drag queen, the guy in the gray suit is the elitist who lives in a mansion and the girl with the gun is a high school student which means... There will be a high school theme.
No, Madlax is not like that at all. It's hard to explain, but it's not a school based anime. Although I would say the only reason why you wouldn't enjoy it is because the plot line can be extremely complicated.
Personally, I like physiological animes that mess with your head like that.

Not all animes are about school life. (although my all-time favorite one is (Clannad)).
Old 2010-09-27, 01:08   Link #11
james0246

Quote:
I'm looking for a real life cat person who has a habit of tripping over people.

But no actually, what you see in my original post is just that, a post of a story I would find interesting.
I really have no idea what you want. Are you looking to discuss your story idea? Are you asking for the names of anime similar to...something? For now, I've moved this thread to the Suggestion sub-forum, and I'm going to urge you to update your OP (the first post of the thread) to indicate just what you want this thread to be about...
Old 2010-09-27, 01:23   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From what I gather, this belongs to the fan creations, and is in dire need of a title change (as in, to discuss whatever ideas the OP comes up with).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 01:37   Link #13
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I really have no idea what you want. Are you looking to discuss your story idea? Are you asking for the names of anime similar to...something? For now, I've moved this thread to the Suggestion sub-forum, and I'm going to urge you to update your OP (the first post of the thread) to indicate just what you want this thread to be about...
I think you're being quite patient with this one. Don't you think?
Old 2010-09-27, 02:02   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
You can keep wondering because it's not my problem.
Thanks for solving the problem for me .

p.s., I moved you thread back to the Fan Creations sub-forum (for now). Consequently, for future posters, please criticize Jumos' story idea. If that's not what he/she wants...well, hopefully Jumos will finally explain what he/she really wants to do with this thread...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-27 at 02:20.
Old 2010-09-27, 03:10   Link #15
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Judging from the other posts he/she posted, he's not really interested with the rest of the users, so he'll probably just reject or meta-post any response.

The story has a nice flow, however.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 05:31   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
please criticize Jumos' story idea.
The last part is the only part I found somehow interesting, but the story is too frail and baseless; why play blazing poker, why hunt for pandora's box, how did he find it in the first place, how does that particular myth connect to a heavenly realm when it's usually regarded as a nuke, what's this guy's name or job, what were his goals in life, how did he meet this woman and why should he care about her, of all people...why doesn't he cut his hand and solve his problems?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote