AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-27, 21:56   Link #7961
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I avoided her because Cinque is part of Erio's Harem the Stahlritter.

And I never watched To Heart... I'm a mecha otaku first, mahou shoujo 2nd. I only watched harem flicks with these elements in it, and there're quite a sizeable number, especially when its mecha anime.

I clean forgot! And yes Hope has become the 6th Divine Hall, but its more of a reference to the true Seiou and a certain Cardcaptor...

Do you mind using that? I'm still working out how it works...

Kha's something like a modern day Jesus on weekends. No water-wine transmutation or Tracing bread, but he goes around to the "mass healing" sessions which unlike Terran variants combines spiritual and physical healing. And when he's not doing that, he's conducting Sunday Mass at Grand/Monarch Church. Sometimes, he goes on small walkabouts on Belka-aligned states and planets with his disciples, usually areas of the less fortunate, and together with other Church volunteers help make their lives better.

On the training front, Kha manages the JediCleric-knight Academy, and speaks at Foundation of Divine Arts and Anti-Dark Defence lectures that are attended by Belka pages who train at the church.

He is also the highest rank commander of the Church Trinities.

Kha's role isn't set in stone, because he's the only one there is. If there's a good reason to help out in any way, he'd throw himself fully at the task. Something that the CK Forwards are learning about.

MAJULAH! MAJULAH!

ANd UGUU~~?!
Re: Anime choices - got it. I'm more of a romance/comedy junkie (the ARIA series are my favorite anime), with action/adventure coming in second.

Re: Reality Marble - Of course Mel will use it! Anything connected to Hope earns instant approval. And take your time - Mel doesn't get her Reality Marble until close to the halfway point of the story - which won't be up until NEXT YEAR if my school schedule doesn't clear up soon. And re: the RM's sources... <points to Cardcaptor> why is it that SHE appears whenever we talk about hope?

Re: Kha - Gotcha. He's sort of a catch-all religious figure, giving sermons, healing the sick, and other duties.

Re: And UGUU~~!

Mochiron! It is the war cry of the White Wings Legion... OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE LEGIONS OF THE EMPRESS!

UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~!!!!
Old 2007-08-27, 21:58   Link #7962
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Tk3997, I see your point, and I agree my emphasis on the living quarters may have been excessive (I get very irritated when I see soldiers/policemen having what I consider to be unnecessarily luxuries in-camp. Adequate comfort is one thing, taking it too far is another).

I would like to say though that what I said is to make them look more in line with military/law-enforcer's life. Besides the living quarters, you've also mentioned the lack of organisation, discipline and etc in RF6, which I also think should be reinforced. Right now imho RF6 looks more like a holiday training camp for kids and teenagers, and not combat unit. The only one that moderately look like her role would be Vita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I’d like to see a slightly higher emphasis placed on the fact they ARE in a military, but at the same time I don’t think it should be a huge aspect of the story nor should it be slammed over your head constantly or that they should all have their heads shaved and start yelling HOOOAH (!!!) all the time. I also think you need to realize that RF6 is way closer to say, Delta Force, then an line infantry division so some allowance HAS to be made for their status as what amounts to Special Forces which often includes relaxed rules with regards to rank, somewhat loser discipline, and a certain disregard for the rules set out for “normal” troops
This paragraph is exactly what Guideline 1 is really about.

But I really hope you guys would do something about that big room (I know I will ).

I'm making some amends to my first post (here) with regards to the age part (stretching the range), including the additional point to Guideline 3 and some edits to Guideline 1.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-27, 22:02   Link #7963
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, in what I call the V Spectrum, there are three Vs, two of which belonging to the same entity.

There's the first. The witty, eccentric cheery and sometimes sardonic V who Nanoha and company first meet up with. Amiable, he is often very sociable. In battle, he is willing to aid others, but more than often goes it alone. He can get serious in this "mode" without going nutso. This side of his also displays his talents- his expanded mental capacity in a wide range of subjects, literature and history being two prime examples. Simply put, this is the laid back V.

Then there's the second, and, so far, the form of the "good" V that has displayed itself the most- when he's in a state of fury. This rarely occurs at the beginning, yet, as the story progresses and he gets closer and closer to killing Scaglietti, he displays this side more and more often, causing concerns amongst others. In this state, he is driven by revenge and often devoid of any kind of compassion for a time, and will do anything and everything in his power, no matter what harm he receives, to harm and/or kill his foes. There is a state beyond this in which he activates his IS, but that remains to be seen.

Then there's the third. Dark V, as I call him, and what V would have been if he had joined Scaglietti and the Numbers. He retains quite a few traits from the "first" V, dominantly his partly witty nature. However, he is far less of a raging maniac, in contrast to the "second" V's form. The "second" V is also the good V. He is subservient to the Doctor, and treats his tasks set as something of a necessary job. Sharing another similarity with "good" V, he is vengeful, but in a different sense- vengeful against those who seek to harm his allies. He is a planning type, and considers himself to be a strategist- indeed, he lays out numerous plans for operations from time to time.

This is a brief explanation of all three Vs, the "first" and "second" of whom are in the same person, the "good" V. "Dark V" is different from the both of them.
Yup, that's how I pictured them. Good that everything is made clear in this post, though.

Quote:
I avoided her because Cinque is part of Erio's Harem the Stahlritter.
Why is it that I'm liking this Stahlritter idea more after this...?

N-NO!! I mustnt let Kha keep bribing me to support his h4xxes!!!!

Quote:
Kha's something like a modern day Jesus on weekends.
I LOL'ed hard at this!
Old 2007-08-27, 22:06   Link #7964
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
ANd UGUU~~?!
Does this thread swing a certain way I'm not told about ? ()
Old 2007-08-27, 22:10   Link #7965
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Erio:

Well, in terms of my explanations, I try. And I just wonder how things would go down after that description if the paradox occurred in my work and both Vs met.

Come to think of it, "good" V, not enraged, and "dark" V would get along well were they on the same side...

And, if it concerns anyone, I do have a little roster, only an assumption at present, of the fate of each of the Letters. Numbers...well, have to let canon run its course first.
Old 2007-08-27, 22:15   Link #7966
haiz123321
Obey me world!

@Erio: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2426 see the bottom part and u will know =D

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-08-27, 22:16   Link #7967
Wibbles
Better than you.

So how do I get my characters on the first page? And how do I update them from there?
Old 2007-08-27, 22:25   Link #7968
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Does this thread swing a certain way I'm not told about ? ()
Only Reiji likes doing that... Aaron once told him it was...disturbing...but I guess he doesnt mind.

Quote:
@Erio:

Well, in terms of my explanations, I try. And I just wonder how things would go down after that description if the paradox occurred in my work and both Vs met.

Come to think of it, "good" V, not enraged, and "dark" V would get along well were they on the same side...

And, if it concerns anyone, I do have a little roster, only an assumption at present, of the fate of each of the Letters. Numbers...well, have to let canon run its course first.
Time paradox!!

And about the Numbers, at least I can assure you Cinque, Sein, Dieci and Wendi will survive.

Why you ask? I WILL SAVE THEM MYSELF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
@Erio: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2426 see the bottom part and u will know =D
Ahh, gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
So how do I get my characters on the first page? And how do I update them from there?
I update that post somewhat regularly... I havent updated in a week, though. When I do, you will see your characters there.

What I do is make a link to your character's post. That's why, if you keep reposting your character over and over again, the link would become outdated, and I will have to repeatedly update the link.
Old 2007-08-27, 22:30   Link #7969
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Only Reiji likes doing that... Aaron once told him it was...disturbing...but I guess he doesnt mind.
I guess everyone has their own catch phrase

Jeno: "Hehhh~ ?"
Old 2007-08-27, 22:31   Link #7970
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Ahh, gotcha.
It's OK right?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-08-27, 22:32   Link #7971
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Erio:

I'm pretty sure those four of the Numbers will survive. They're just too well-liked, badass and good-natured to die. If anything, I will guarantee their survival.

Another thing: I ned to give the other Numbers upgrades. I'm a little stumped for what...maybe a second gauntlet for Nove...

*Ponders.*

Nove: *With two gauntlets.* HEAVEN AND HELL!!!

*End pondering.*

Old 2007-08-27, 22:40   Link #7972
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

AAAAAARGH BACKLOG BREAKAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Jeno: "Apparently, Urd has kept a record of some of my older fight scenes, back when I first became a Destroyer..."

"This was taken in one of the Non-Administrative worlds owned by the House of Harkonnen. An Alien force has besieged one of their smaller cities and has began infesting the very ground the people stand... Within an hour, the aliens slaughtered everything in the city."

"Apparently, the Harkonnens were playing host to a Class 2 (Going by TSAB standards) Logia without even knowing it. Unsure of what the Aliens intentions are, Loki sent the three of us down with the following missions..."

- Retrieve the 'package' before Harkonnen Forces arrive.

- Trim the number of hostiles in the area to make things easier for them.

Jeno: "Time to show off... The only thing limiting the awesomeness of the scene is the boss' incompetent English skills."

Spoiler for "The Power of...":

I haven't finished it yet, and I skipped the grammar check

But I thought I can give you guys the first half

I'll reveal more of their spells in the second half... Also, let me know how I can improve on my battle descriptions

It's been awhile...
Despite the Zerg having been in this thread since the beginning, I think this is the first time we've seen them in action. And the Trio does not dissapoint in delivering the epic stylish smackdown!

Damn, had an idea on the Dimensional Lockbox sometime ago, beat me to writing it though

Also, nice rhyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
*Cautiously and curiously looking around* So this is the OC thread...

The reputation sure is under-rated.
Welcome to the OC Thread And Under-rated? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AImost Pure View Post
After watching Episodes 14 and 15 (? I think) the Two parter I had a surge of inspiration to write a teaser for the next portion of Minea's Diaries. This is the prelude to what is going to occur over the next installments leading to the introduction of Division Six. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Minea's Diaries Spoiler:
Scaglietti was Celesti's past flame? Wow... two demented minds indeed And we finally get to see why Minea is a nekomimi, and her links to Project F

Quote:
I wrote up two new scenes. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Aftermath:

Spoiler for Grim Reunion:
His other personality coming out? Too short though, need to see more

Quote:
And, presented here is a little conversion by between alternate V, the Numbers, and others. This is before the Bureau assault on the Cradle. I also plan to make one around the time the Numbers first show up, and a "Dark V" vs. Nanoha (!) scene in the future.

Spoiler for The Curtain Rises:

Uh...hm...

Now that I review this piece, I see quite a few flaws. I'm not exactly sure about the structure of it all, and I made up excuses for a few things (the new suit being an example- that is part of a proposed "upgrade scheme", but even then that's rather far-fetched...even though I like the new suit).

I also feel that this scene is somewhat random. The Numbers also have a lack of words. Cinque doesn't speak much, neither does Sette, but Tre's a more talkative one, albeit in serious terms. Sigourney is usually taciturn, but Theodore...he could've done with a few words.

All in all, though, I leave the fate of this piece in the hands of you, the readers. Give an honest opinion on this one.

EDIT: Please don't tell me I kinda killed this thread.
Nope you didn't kill the thread... it just lulls at times

Anyways, foot-long knives? Scimitars? Nice upgrade, along with the interactions between the Numbers and V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
sketches for my story so far, which hereby will be known as the Key(board) Chronicles.. har har har...

h ttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1774/cp1ce3.gif

Spoiler:
Ah, so they're ancient archaeologists...melike the idea already, if only because it means Kay won't be the only archaeologist here. Quite older than I expected though

And what is Ford anyway? A burning bush?

Quote:
And, if "Dark V" were to show up during Quattro and Dieci's little mess up at the hands of the Aces...

Spoiler for I Do Not Have A Name...:

And as for further upgrades to other Numbers, I think I might have some in mind- others I am unsure of, however. I might very well keep that new red/black Numbers suit idea...intriguing, to say the least.

And, to Kha...

[Shock] That, good sir, is V himself. [/Shock]

His "dark side" (not his insane side ) was bred out of an idea that I am currently expanding in which he is on the side of the Doctor and the Numbers/Letters (although the Letters might be featured less prominently in this scenario). His appearance is also different, with him looking more like Hei. I think I told you this before, but I'm just clarifying.

Then again, I could go the paradoxical route and have both Vs, one being the escapee, the other being the loyal soldier...
Episode 12 would've been more awesome had this happened in Canon!

Quote:
Spoiler for The Coach:

Ok done with the mentor of my OC.

EDIT: I will remove the stacking spoilers after awhile =)
Lancer? At least, the image suits his personality

Quote:
I updated Hikaru's profile:

Spoiler for Riot-1:
Another budding couple huh? Let's see how this goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

Plus as an added downer all the damn rules and regs and etiquette you need to follow lest you be booted out make for some pretty bland interaction and situations Yes Sir, No Sir, Right away Sir. Even allot of people in the military role their eyes at some of the more shit they hand down. (One guy on another board over in Iraq was talking about how the assholes in charge of his base was trying to get carbonated beverages banned, because some idiot drank too much coke and not enough water and passed out.)

So that’s my issue with trying to apply heavy amounts of real military thinking, strategy, and behavior to stories that are supposed to be fun. I’ve been writing a fic on and off (it’ll probably never be published) for like a year and I started out wanting to try and keep the military in it pretty realistic… then I started to realize that you know what? The real military is BORING for the most part, in fact the only parts of it that are exciting tends to involve units and people that are somewhat OUTSIDE the normal armed forces, like Special Forces and stuff.

I’d like to see a slightly higher emphasis placed on the fact they ARE in a military, but at the same time I don’t think it should be a huge aspect of the story nor should it be slammed over your head like them all having their heads shaved and yelling HOOOAH (!!!) all the time. I also think you need to realize that RF6 is way closer to say, Delta Force, then an line infantry division so some allowance HAS to be made for their status as what amounts to Special Forces which often includes relaxed rules with regards to rank, somewhat loser discipline, and a certain disregard for the rules set out for “normal” troops.

So it's a REAL fine line. Totally ignoring the fact they are technically in what amounts to an armed service isn't an option, but trying to delve too heavily into that aspect or make it a big deal is a great way to induce bordem. (Go read some Clancy's more techno thrillers, fairly accurate, but BOOOORING.) So you don’t want them to act like stooges, but having them plan everything in minute detail and only use established military protocols and strategies and stuff is going to get old fast. The show has a military aspect, but it’s still ultimately about magic girls flying around without airplanes and firing off magic spells, it isn't Band Of Brothers nor should it be IMO so I don't think we should get too caught up with the largely background military aspect and try to bring that to the fro or whine how it isn't like the "real" military, RF6 might be part of a military but it ain’t a military like any WE’VE ever known.
Agreed on all points. Despite StrikerS having a more military feel to them, we must remember that as something based more on magic than technology, there will be leeway to be had concerning the portrayal of military procedures, rules and regulations here. Having long ago realized that fiction is fiction, it shouldn't be a big problem if we don't conform too much to real world military examples, although it would make for good references in writing. Just up to the writer whether he wants to make it more miltaristic or not, which StrikerS canon actually allows, and why writing in this setting give us lots of ideas

The definition of what's boring though... well, I like political thrillers

Quote:
Kha's something like a modern day Jesus on weekends. No water-wine transmutation or Tracing bread, but he goes around to the "mass healing" sessions which unlike Terran variants combines spiritual and physical healing. And when he's not doing that, he's conducting Sunday Mass at Grand/Monarch Church. Sometimes, he goes on small walkabouts on Belka-aligned states and planets with his disciples, usually areas of the less fortunate, and together with other Church volunteers help make their lives better.

On the training front, Kha manages the JediCleric-knight Academy, and speaks at "Foundation of Divine Arts" and "Anti-Dark Defence" lectures that are attended by Belka pages who train at the church.

He is also the highest rank commander of the Church Trinities.

Kha's role isn't set in stone, because he's the only one there is. If there's a good reason to help out in any way, he'd throw himself fully at the task. Something that the CK Forwards are learning about.
He also doesn't do teleevangelism doesn't he? Nice description on his role though.

Btw, you should compile all of these short info pieces on Kha into one massive piece, so we don't have to go back and search for them whenever we need refs

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-08-27, 22:54   Link #7973
Erio
Hiromi

@Lowe Welcome back! ...But clear your box dangit!

Quote:
It's OK right?
Of course it is.

Quote:
@Erio:

I'm pretty sure those four of the Numbers will survive. They're just too well-liked, badass and good-natured to die. If anything, I will guarantee their survival.

Another thing: I ned to give the other Numbers upgrades. I'm a little stumped for what...maybe a second gauntlet for Nove...

*Ponders.*

*End pondering.*

How about... DRILL KNUCKLES??

*runs*
Old 2007-08-27, 22:56   Link #7974
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
@Erio:

*Ponders.*

*End pondering.*

Chibi-Sakura: [Tomoyo]Oh-hohohohoho![/Tomoyo]

"Chemu Chiru Chan Cho Chufo, WIIIIII~~~!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
He also doesn't do teleevangelism doesn't he? Nice description on his role though.

Btw, you should compile all of these short info pieces on Kha into one massive piece, so we don't have to go back and search for them whenever we need refs
He prefers getting down on the ground. Besides, divine power can't be transmitted by psynet.

And yeah this entry will go into Codex: Daemonjaeger. For a preview, here's...

Erio's got a peek at it because he needed some info for his work...

But before you click on that, I must warn you, even at 80% completion, it's Bluecheesium power must not be estimated...
Old 2007-08-27, 22:57   Link #7975
Wibbles
Better than you.

Quote:
How about... DRILL KNUCKLES??

*runs*
Technically, I have those. Technically.

@ Kha: Oh, and does the Church of Velka have a main orphanage?
Old 2007-08-27, 23:03   Link #7976
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Welcome to the OC Thread And Under-rated? How?
Ehh, someone once told me that this place is the pit of madness (and Kha isn't really helping to alleviate that image ), and that I'd be safer staying away from here.

Now that I'm in, I should say that this pit looks a bit more bottomless than those of Hell .

Btw, can anyone please enlighten me on how things are done here? If I'm to input my own characters here, am I supposed to keep to the OC fanon timeline, or can I create my own based on Nighty's official timeline? I have some already in mind that may or may not conform with the OC timeline Kha has provided.

(I humbly confess I have not yet undertake the daunting task of going through nearly 400 pages of supposed madness .)

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-27, 23:07   Link #7977
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Kha: Oh, and does the Church of Velka have a main orphanage?
There is one run by the Church in the city of New Antioch where the Monarch Church is. There's a smaller daycare in the church, something like a kindergarten.

Note that this is purely speculation. Might be shot to pieces.

Quote:
Btw, can anyone please enlighten me on how things are done here? If I'm to input my own characters here, am I supposed to keep to Kha's OC fanon timeline, or can I create my own based on Nighty's official timeline?
You can do both, though technically, my NBC fanon timeline is supposed to be an expanded version of Nighty's official timeline .
Old 2007-08-27, 23:10   Link #7978
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Erio: Ah, yes, Drill Knuckles.

Ginga obviously took a leaf out of Lagann's book...

@Lowe:

Well, scimitars are a good guess. I was thinking more along the lines of falchions, though those aren't exactly a foot long...and, what the heck, they and scimitars are rather similar, only the scimitar has a thinner blade with more of a curve.

And if I wanted to do ultimate h4xx, I would more than gladly give Cinque these:

Spoiler for Size:

*Runs.*

She can still use her IS perfectly well with newer, more potent weapons- said weapons also allow her to have more of an edge in close combat than with her knives. A good increase of her abilities all round. I might make a slight update to Rumble Detonator, too, though I think it's good as it is.

And a possible upgrade for Dieci...

Spoiler for Size again:

*Runs again.*
Old 2007-08-27, 23:16   Link #7979
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Ehh, someone once told me that this place is the pit of madness (and Kha isn't really helping to alleviate that image ), and that I'd be safer staying away from here.

Now that I'm in, I should say that this pit looks a bit more bottomless than those of Hell .

Btw, can anyone please enlighten me on how things are done here? If I'm to input my own characters here, am I supposed to keep to the OC fanon timeline, or can I create my own based on Nighty's official timeline? I have some already in mind that may or may not conform with the OC timeline Kha has provided.

(I humbly confess I have not yet undertake the daunting task of going through nearly 400 pages of supposed madness .)
You're not "supposed" to do anything. You do what you want to do. You can create a character and try to integrate it to the canon timeline (which is Nighty's official timeline) or you can make a complete alternate universe...its up to you.

And while going through those 400 pages might be helpful, it is not needed. If you ever have any questions, just ask...we dont mind explaining things here.

One last thing, "NBC" means New Belka Chronicles. Its the name Kha gave to the "canon universe".
Old 2007-08-27, 23:19   Link #7980
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
@Erio: Ah, yes, Drill Knuckles.

Ginga obviously took a leaf out of Lagann's book...

@Lowe:

Well, scimitars are a good guess. I was thinking more along the lines of falchions, though those aren't exactly a foot long...and, what the heck, they and scimitars are rather similar, only the scimitar has a thinner blade with more of a curve.

And if I wanted to do ultimate h4xx, I would more than gladly give Cinque these:

Spoiler for Size:

*Runs.*

She can still use her IS perfectly well with newer, more potent weapons- said weapons also allow her to have more of an edge in close combat than with her knives. A good increase of her abilities all round. I might make a slight update to Rumble Detonator, too, though I think it's good as it is.

And a possible upgrade for Dieci...

Spoiler for Size again:

*Runs again.*
- GInGA DRILL BREAKER!!!!

that scene reminds me of that upgrade for L2 fusion Subaru- without the hand turning into an arm.

- BLOODY...

I was almost thinking of the same thing for the 'knives' when under Logos fusion

- HAXX

That cannon is...

Random Logos: Level 2 Reaction!!!

@ Estavali:

Welcome...

just wade in and we'll guide you

Just don't do the following: invoke the name of the yuri-hitora and bring in any of his bunnies here... WE HAVE PROTOSS WARSHIPS Watchng over this thread- all under my command