AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-10, 15:42   Link #201
The-Ghost
anime lurker

SG ep 5 subs are now out.
Old 2007-08-10, 15:52   Link #202
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Gotta head downstairs later and grab that along with Tokimeki Memorial 23 and 24. I could do it now, but I'm waiting to see if C1 releases TM 25, also.

EDIT: Another episode watched.

Liked this episode a lot. The team's definitely starting to gel more. Ichijo continues to become more trusting and human and I love that.

Finally got to see some weapons action even if the targets were simply... targets. But things should be heating up now as it seems as though the...
Spoiler:

Can't wait for next episode. The 4th loli. =^_^=

Is it just me or does Hizuki (the bue-coated officer; not Togo the scruffy one) seem kinda evil? LOL His pupils are just slits, like a snake. LOL

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-08-10 at 20:46.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:26   Link #203
neverlife

have just seen episode no. 4 and 5 and I must say the the series shapes up very nice. It is a little slow on the action, but it really take the time to build the charakters up. Can't wait for the next.
neverlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:30   Link #204
neverlife

Spoiler for the 4. pilot.:
neverlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:46   Link #205
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlife View Post
Spoiler for the 4. pilot.:
In ep6
Spoiler:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 17:23   Link #206
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Spoiler for 4th pilot:
Old 2007-08-11, 17:58   Link #207
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Spoiler for 4th pilot:
Someone mentioned earlier how they wondered if the pilot would appear in Asuka-like fashion, and in episode 8. lol A little off.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 20:38   Link #208
Ishikawa Minoru

Episode 6 was kind of weird, in a positive way. The whole 'bra' quest was pretty interesting and provided some pretty funny moments.

Spoiler for Battle sequence:
Ishikawa Minoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 21:29   Link #209
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yay there finally starting to fly on a regular basis and the combat display in episode 5 makes me even more eager to see them start blowing the crap out of stuff.

Those mechs do look superb in motion though I gotta admit...The look and the way they move especially during the formations stuff had me transfixed on the screen. Eager to see how the 4th pilot integrates in with the girls aswell.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 21:40   Link #210
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Minoru View Post
Episode 6 was kind of weird, in a positive way. The whole 'bra' quest was pretty interesting and provided some pretty funny moments.

As I have learned from previous experiences and going for my goals, "Your will and determination will help achieve the hardest goals". What I'm trying to say is having the determination and will to do something (in this Sky Girls, to fly in the skies for Sakurano) will help you get what you want. This kind of scenario reminds me of Top wo Nerae (great OVA series to watch if you love Sky Girls, you won't regret it).

Quote:
Spoiler for 4th pilot:
Hahah lets hope she doesn't act like her when she's mad. I just caught up to episode 5. Damn I can't wait to buy the DVDs of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Yay there finally starting to fly on a regular basis and the combat display in episode 5 makes me even more eager to see them start blowing the crap out of stuff.

Those mechs do look superb in motion though I gotta admit...The look and the way they move especially during the formations stuff had me transfixed on the screen. Eager to see how the 4th pilot integrates in with the girls aswell.
Heh heh, flying with your "nakama" (Japanese for friends, allies, comrades) is one of the greatest things in flying. Anyway being able to fly something like the sonic drivers, I would die of a happy man. Hahah

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha

Last edited by narmi; 2007-08-11 at 22:19.
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 01:57   Link #211
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Hahah lets hope she doesn't act like her when she's mad
I'm actually hoping to see her act like Asuka, just having 1 tsundere isn't enough for a loli series, call me sick but that's the truth XD
Old 2007-08-12, 11:03   Link #212
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishikawa Minoru View Post

goddam that threw me off guard
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 15:23   Link #213
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I have seen far more irritating openings, and dimly thought out op/eds that are slapped onto a series to sale cds is far worse (bleaches 11th ending,its out of place and stupid).

watching ep 1 now,dosent seem so bad so far..

-------------------
loli factor is slightly annoying but otherwise its not bad,solid opening and ending,all it really needs is charatcer deving and its all good.
Hmm I liked the opening, at least a few parts are in sych with some scenes. I hope they do a second opening and ending that's a bit better.

----------------
True the loli factor in the series make it not as good but at least the scenes where they use the sonic drivers are awesome. Including Reijin's ability to using the MV sword, other than that they actually did a good job.

In the whole I can't wait for the series to pick up the pace and show more combat scenes and character developments.

Quote:
I'm actually hoping to see her act like Asuka, just having 1 tsundere isn't enough for a loli series, call me sick but that's the truth XD
Hmm true anyway I think your request might happen from the little scenes we have seen of here.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-08-12, 15:40   Link #214
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Hmm I liked the opening, at least a few parts are in sych with some scenes. I hope they do a second opening and ending that's a bit better.

----------------
True the loli factor in the series make it not as good but at least the scenes where they use the sonic drivers are awesome. Including Reijin's ability to using the MV sword, other than that they actually did a good job.

In the whole I can't wait for the series to pick up the pace and show more combat scenes and character developments.

Hmm true anyway I think your request might happen from the little scenes we have seen of here.
I have seen all 5 eps so far,and the loli factor is not as bad as I thought it was ,its still fou loli but its good fou loli 0-o
LOL

I doubt they can do a better op/ed then what they got, the only thing that annoys me about the opening is all the engrish.....
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 18:50   Link #215
narmi

Quote:
I have seen all 5 eps so far,and the loli factor is not as bad as I thought it was ,its still fou loli but its good fou loli 0-o
LOL

I doubt they can do a better op/ed then what they got, the only thing that annoys me about the opening is all the engrish.....
Well, I personally love the opening but some people have been complaining about the opening. Well true the loli factor isn't that bad but at least they balance have a good balance of character designs. I just watched episode 6 and it was pretty good. The last scene with Sakurano and Nanae was hilarious.

Old 2007-08-12, 20:58   Link #216
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Well, I personally love the opening but some people have been complaining about the opening. Well true the loli factor isn't that bad but at least they balance have a good balance of character designs. I just watched episode 6 and it was pretty good. The last scene with Sakurano and Nanae was hilarious.
as far as openigns go tis solid the engrih is alil annoying but otherwise solid,least its remeberable unlike the OVA opening thats 100% generic and forgettable.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 22:38   Link #217
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Episode 2 by Froth-Bite is out for those wondering...

Old 2007-08-13, 05:59   Link #218
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
as far as openigns go tis solid the engrih is alil annoying but otherwise solid,least its remeberable unlike the OVA opening thats 100% generic and forgettable.
i love the engrish personally adds a whole new flavor with i try to mimic the song XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 06:49   Link #219
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Indeed, transformation and flying scenes in episode 5 were good, especially Otoha's near end.

Looking forward to see what kind of person this new girl is, Asuka like some have said? Well, it is inevitable that there will be a some kind of crisis with the worms, some hints in ep. 5.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 15:08   Link #220
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Indeed, transformation and flying scenes in episode 5 were good, especially Otoha's near end.

Looking forward to see what kind of person this new girl is, Asuka like some have said? Well, it is inevitable that there will be a some kind of crisis with the worms, some hints in ep. 5.
The demonstration scene for Otoha was pretty well done. Especially the sword scene, it was smooth and it made want to watch that particular scene about 5 times. OH yah in episode 6 the Bra "quest" was great, especially the last ending scene lol. I can't wait for episode 7 now.

Tags
loli, mecha