AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-16, 16:04   Link #261
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Rofl, my point being, it makes sense that Alicia would lose control like that. Luciella went off on her own because she had a mind of her won, Alicia does not.

Theirs a good chance she'll lose control like that if Beth dies.
I think she would just become an AO. We had no idea how Raphaela and Luciela were before the disaster and there are no indications that Luciela's soul link was any different from Alicia's.
Old 2009-06-16, 16:10   Link #262
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I think she would just become an AO. We had no idea how Raphaela and Luciela were before the disaster and there are no indications that Luciela's soul link was any different from Alicia's.
Well, technically she's already an AO.

But that's not the point; Alicia has NO intelligence of any real kind. If she loses Beth, she loses everything and will probably just run around all over the place.
Old 2009-06-16, 16:37   Link #263
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:

4) Dauf meanwhile is still searching for Renee, and nearly catches her were in not for Cynthia and Yuma. The three of them manage to escape. Dauf tries to catch them but ends up with a nasty surprise: a horde of Abyssal Eaters. He fully transforms and manages to actually destroys 4 of the 11 Eaters, but that's still not enough to drive them off. Their speed, acquired overtime from the battle of Isley, dodge anything the bulky Awakened can do, they claw at his neck, face and exposed back and eventually bring him down. As Alicia arrives at the scene, Riful senses Dauf's demise and flies to the battle scene.
I somehow doubt Dauf is really going to chase Renee now that Riful and him have stopped chasing her. My guess is that he'll be coming Riful to check out the new being. My other guess is that he'll get annihilated by either Claire/Raciella or later by Alicia/Abyss Feeders. I'm putting my "virtual money" on the latter.

Quote:
9) Rubel meanwhile is standing in the middle of a forest and recounts his latest report to a creature unlike anything ever seen before. Rubel asks for more time, he should be able to easily tamper with the creation of the AE's. Rubel warns and repeats the original plan: the Organization must be killed by their own creations or they'll start anew again someplace else. This creature warns "no promises" and says the situation is going steadily away from Rubel's control and Rubel looks distressed: "they are coming"
Now we're talking!!!!

While I doubt the Dragonkin would hop on the island and THEN talk to Rubel, I can imagine Rubel talking to another agent trying to forestall an invasion. My guess is, with as close as the Org is to acquiring their dream weapon, his employers are not going to wait long. Dragonkin must seriously be off-scale strong and numerous to have absorbed the attacks of countless awakened beings over the years. They surely must wish to shut down the experiment if it's getting close to their "nightmare" scenario.

While Rubel's wishes are one thing, I believe his superiors' wishes are quite another, as Shiek notes. They aren't going to take lightly to the danger of the Organization acquiring the Fab 4's talents when those sides go to war more formally.

I see several things happening if the Dragonkin/non-human allies land on the island.

1) Targeting of all Organization troops/personnel

2) Dragonkin bring along an army with them (what, wouldn't you want backup going onto an island full of Awakened Beings as strong if not stronger than anything faced before?)

3) Dragonkin will specifically attempt to kill the Ghosts, so as to prevent the Organization from acquiring their talents.

4) The Organization, realizing that their dreamed-of "controllable awakened beings" are best represented by Claire/Miria/Helen/Deneve, will bring an army to repel the invasion and attempt to capture them with everything they've got. If they don't realize, they might just attempt to kill everybody and find out in the process...

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-06-16, 16:40   Link #264
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I somehow doubt Dauf is really going to chase Renee now that Riful and him have stopped chasing her. My guess is that he'll be coming Riful to check out the new being. My other guess is that he'll get annihilated by either Claire/Raciella or later by Alicia/Abyss Feeders. I'm putting my "virtual money" on the latter.
Yes, that was a toughie, Renee is useless now so I figured Riful would want to check on her "baby" by herself.

Sides, at least we both agree Dauf gets killed the same way.

XD, Reven, I wrote that last part just for you, I know how much you want them to show up XDXDXD

So what do you think, like my fanfiction? XD
Old 2009-06-16, 16:51   Link #265
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Yes, that was a toughie, Renee is useless now so I figured Riful would want to check on her "baby" by herself.

Sides, at least we both agree Dauf gets killed the same way.

XD, Reven, I wrote that last part just for you, I know how much you want them to show up XDXDXD
You know what's funny about wanting them to show up? We have no idea if they are controllable (I would think they are sentient and relatively amenable to taking orders, otherwise the Org wouldn't need "controllable" awakened beings to oppose them otherwise). We also have no idea if they are carnivores, omnivores, or herbivores. Normally something so large we'd have more than just a vague idea about.

About our only clue to their nature is Chapter 80, pages 02-03, which I must say is just MAG-NI-FI-CENT! One thing we do know is they are relatively homogeneous, in stark contrast to Awakened Beings. I wonder if this also a weakness of theirs...essentially, if they're relatively close in strength, wiping out significant numbers of them with an ultra-strong Awakened Being becomes something understandably more dangerous.

My guess is, even with their similar sizes/appearances, the Dragonkin will have members that substantially outpace their peers in strength. My guess, unlike Awakened Beings, Dragonkin prefer to fight in packs, rendering them like a colossal medieval tank battalion. I wonder what their slogan in combat would be about them, "Don't worry mates, here comes the Dragonkin!" (as opposed to cavalry)

I think we'll see our first Dragonkin probably by 120, but for sure by 130 I think.

Yes, your fanfiction is fairly good. However, given the complete lack of knowledge about Dragonkin other than they're "shit-strong", presumably sentient, and fight in packs, I'd say you have your work cut out for you imagining them.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2009-06-16, 17:05   Link #266
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Miria said that the DoD were allied with the humans. Not that they were their servants.
Old 2009-06-16, 17:09   Link #267
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Miria said that the DoD were allied with the humans. Not that they were their servants.
Then who gives them marching orders in battle? You do realize of course that if they don't have a single commander in battle things get rather hairy quickly.

Imagine if you can if the leader of the Dragonkin/Dragonkin council or whatever their leaders have their power from were to disagree and refuse to accept their allies' plans? This is exactly why the allies had Eisenhower in charge of everyone on the western front. A single commander with clear lines of control is better than 2 or more with competing claims to legitimate military control of war assets.

Then again, maybe that's what kept them from annihilating the Organization's mainland employers years back...

Old 2009-06-16, 17:34   Link #268
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Yes, your fanfiction is fairly good. However, given the complete lack of knowledge about Dragonkin other than they're "shit-strong", presumably sentient, and fight in packs, I'd say you have your work cut out for you imagining them.
Roflmao, I only called it a "fanfiction" because of how long it is, I'm not actually writing a story xDXD

All it is, is one big theory.

However, I should point this out as well, the DoD's are the superweapons of the enemy human army, the same way the Org is trying to make AB's into a superweapon. It's not like the entire army consists of Dragons. Dragon's are not a sentient race, they are weapons.

My theory anyway.
Old 2009-06-16, 18:37   Link #269
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
You know what's funny about wanting them to show up? We have no idea if they are controllable (I would think they are sentient and relatively amenable to taking orders, otherwise the Org wouldn't need "controllable" awakened beings to oppose them otherwise). We also have no idea if they are carnivores, omnivores, or herbivores. Normally something so large we'd have more than just a vague idea about.

About our only clue to their nature is Chapter 80, pages 02-03, which I must say is just MAG-NI-FI-CENT! One thing we do know is they are relatively homogeneous, in stark contrast to Awakened Beings. I wonder if this also a weakness of theirs...essentially, if they're relatively close in strength, wiping out significant numbers of them with an ultra-strong Awakened Being becomes something understandably more dangerous.

My guess is, even with their similar sizes/appearances, the Dragonkin will have members that substantially outpace their peers in strength. My guess, unlike Awakened Beings, Dragonkin prefer to fight in packs, rendering them like a colossal medieval tank battalion. I wonder what their slogan in combat would be about them, "Don't worry mates, here comes the Dragonkin!" (as opposed to cavalry)

I think we'll see our first Dragonkin probably by 120, but for sure by 130 I think.

I think that yoma should come from nature. The organisation must have found them somewhere or at least must have found something in nature they could have used to create yoma, because if not their technologie should be superior to our world and they should be masters of genetic engineering. I fear and don't hope that claymore becomes SciFi. Therefore IMO there is no way they could have invented something like yoki or yoma from the scratch without high tech and supercomputers which are needed in genetical engineering. Perhaps yoma have something to do with the dragonkin. Perhaps dragonkin and yoma are akin? Perhaps they are natural enemys like the metroids and those beast who can copy anything?
Old 2009-06-16, 18:57   Link #270
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Well, technically she's already an AO.
not exactly. She is a half Awakened like Jean. Hum, Alicia has no scar then
Old 2009-06-16, 20:41   Link #271
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Roflmao, I only called it a "fanfiction" because of how long it is, I'm not actually writing a story xDXD

All it is, is one big theory.

However, I should point this out as well, the DoD's are the superweapons of the enemy human army, the same way the Org is trying to make AB's into a superweapon. It's not like the entire army consists of Dragons. Dragon's are not a sentient race, they are weapons.

My theory anyway.
Hate to break it to you, but it's that kind of post again...you know, the one where I take your own words and use them against you.
You do remember how I was reminded earlier that the Dragonkin were only allied with the Organization's enemies? What kind of weapon that isn't sentient would be capable of so much independent action? Actions, that I might add, no non-sentient animals have been documented to exhibit.

If they're only "allied", then that means the Dragonkin decided for themselves to settle the war as a bloc, evidently using their minds. That hardly sounds like a non-thinking weapon! Various other translations actually only make it worse for your case. In one, they are described, "one side can be considered the Dragon's kins, they're said to have non-human comrades with extremely tough skin and they quickly took control of the battle." --- Chapter 79, page 27-28

I now refer you to Chapter 80, page 01, where Miria talks about the supersoldiers being used against the Dragonkin, "Soldiers whose abilities are superhuman in every respect, but use of their true power is restricted to when they encounter the draconic tribe at the heart of the enemy forces". Hmmm, they live together in a tribe eh? I thought only sentient animals lived in those, oh, say, like humans!

So let me get this straight...Dragonkin are sophisticated enough to not only actively fight the war in coordinated groups, but they also are described as an independent tribe fighting against the Organization and you want to say they are ONLY weapons? Keep this up Shiek and your Master may have to put you on list of ex-Apprentices. I'm waiting to hear it Shiek...you know, admitting that they are sentient part, considering I'm just steamrollered that little theory of yours using nothing but two pages from currently available chapters! Poor Shiek, if only he had a nicer Master, but I'm not! Sith always rule through treachery and fear!

Old 2009-06-16, 20:45   Link #272
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Poor Shiek, if only he had a nicer Master, but I'm not! Sith always rule through treachery and fear!
If I recall, those were Count Dooku's last thoughts before Anakin chopped his head off

........Revan, your entire post is just twisting my words into your own arguement, arguing with you is meaningless

Let me tell you want you want so we can move on: You're right, i'm wrong, now go by yourself a smoothie.
Old 2009-06-16, 20:49   Link #273
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
If I recall, those were Count Dooku's last thoughts before Anakin chopped his head off

........Revan, your entire post is just twisting my words into your own arguement, arguing with you is meaningless

Let me tell you want you want so we can move on: You're right, i'm wrong, now go by yourself a smoothie.
Oh please, it is hardly meaningless. All it means is that you consider your Master such a formidable debater that you have given up all hope of winning. Would you expect anything less from a Sith?

Now then Shiek, go back and read the chapters again and reconsider. I ask again, what kind of non-sentient "weapon" lives in its own hierarchical tribe? You can't just back away from your position Shiek, you must sell it to the community as a whole. Now then, what makes you so certain they are non-thinking, subjugated "weapons"?

No Shiek, your Master does not consider the point of "I'm right, you're wrong" that important. Your Master is much more interested in understanding WHY YOU THOUGHT THE DRAGONKIN WERE MERELY WEAPONS.

Old 2009-06-16, 20:58   Link #274
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Oh please, it is hardly meaningless. All it means is that you consider your Master such a formidable debater that you have given up all hope of winning. Would you expect anything less from a Sith?

Now then Shiek, go back and read the chapters again and reconsider. I ask again, what kind of non-sentient "weapon" lives in its own hierarchical tribe? You can't just back away from your position Shiek, you must sell it to the community as a whole. Now then, what makes you so certain they are non-thinking, subjugated "weapons"?

No Shiek, your Master does not consider the point of "I'm right, you're wrong" that important. Your Master is much more interested in understanding WHY YOU THOUGHT THE DRAGONKIN WERE MERELY WEAPONS.
XDXD, you really get off on this Master stuff don't you? It almost sounds like you're threatening me to answer or you're gonna lop my head off like ol' Dooku

Well, because the human army is the real army. The soldiers have no problem fighting, but it's the dragonkins that make them unable to win. That to me, counts as a weapon. The AB's from what I gather, don't need to release any yoki until they reach them.

It really is about one thing: This warring faction, are the humans in control? or the dragons? The impression I get is that the humans are the ones controlling the dragons, but perhaps it's the other way around and they are perhaps Generals or something.

Who knows, it takes alot of imagination at this point.
Old 2009-06-16, 21:07   Link #275
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
XDXD, you really get off on this Master stuff don't you? It almost sounds like you're threatening me to answer or you're gonna lop my head off like ol' Dooku

Well, because the human army is the real army. The soldiers have no problem fighting, but it's the dragonkins that make them unable to win. That to me, counts as a weapon. The AB's from what I gather, don't need to release any yoki until they reach them.

It really is about one thing: This warring faction, are the humans in control? or the dragons? The impression I get is that the humans are the ones controlling the dragons, but perhaps it's the other way around and they are perhaps Generals or something.

Who knows, it takes alot of imagination at this point.
But then again, that gives Yagi a lot of leeway to surprise us when they do show up. Imagine if you can if they are all around Rigardo's strength but fight as a group? The possibilities are hard to fathom with their potential in the story.

I think they would make excellent bad guys opposed to the Organization. Perhaps it will come down to the Ghosts deciding which is the lesser of the two evils.

I got the impression that the Dragons were allied to 'humanoids', not humans, owing to that comment about "extremely tough skin". The overall impression I get is that the Dragons may in fact either be considered top commanders or they are an allied force within a far greater army NOT under their control.

The one thing I'm curious about is how much Rubel is telling his Dragonkin/humanoid superiors. It sounds like to me they're very aware of the possibility of Claire/Miria/Deneve/Helen being the bridge to controllable awakened beings. I can only imagine how they feel about a possible rebellion by those four against the Organization: torn. On the one hand, if they get caught, the Dragonkin may lose the war, on the other, the Organization may see its research forever squashed.

My guess is they're in a wait-and-see mode on whether to intervene or not. Claire exposing her true nature will probably guarantee their invasion.

Old 2009-06-17, 09:10   Link #276
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Quote:
It almost sounds like you're threatening me to answer or you're gonna lop my head off like ol' Dooku
Now,now @revan5 dont lop Shieks head off
Old 2009-06-18, 02:54   Link #277
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I just want to see some men. You know, staring at a story with nothing but women does get to you after a while.
Old 2009-06-18, 12:04   Link #278
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I just want to see some men. You know, staring at a story with nothing but women does get to you after a while.
.............ROFLMAO

And the award for funniest random post of the day goes to......

Their are men, or at least, their were men. Unfortunately, Men are 90% of the time antagonists in this story so they all keep getting killed off.

I guess that's sensible enough: In a story focused on women, especially in such an early medieval-esque time period, it makes sense that their are going to be extremely few good men since history is so full of them being chauvenistic this and that. Here, Yoma are obviously in the shape of Men, and Awakened Beings that are Men transformed because of their bigger sex drive.

What I like though is the fact that Yagi IS a male, so he's not a crazy female-hater going crazy on men because of dumb gender views.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:50   Link #279
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:

My prediction on what will happen:

9) Rubel meanwhile is standing in the middle of a forest and recounts his latest report to a creature unlike anything ever seen before. Rubel asks for more time, he should be able to easily tamper with the creation of the AE's. Rubel warns and repeats the original plan: the Organization must be killed by their own creations or they'll start anew again someplace else. This creature warns "no promises" and says the situation is going steadily away from Rubel's control and Rubel looks distressed: "they are coming"

================================================

........God, after all that, I swear I felt like I just wrote a fanfiction
Dude, Shiek, I didn't realize it, but in your "fanfic" you actually took on my view of the Dragonkin.

"Rubel warns and repeats the original plan: the Organization must be killed by their own creations or they'll start anew someplace else. This creature warns "no promises" and says the situation is going steadily away from Rubel's control and Rubel looks distressed".

Let me see here; you described the Dragonkin as

A) Sentient
B) Capable of speech
C) Higher-ranking than Rubel (equivalent of an officer)

Shiek, come over and hug your Master. Dark Lord Revan would never kill his Apprentice for so faithfully following his ideas about the Dragonkin in a fan-fiction.

Old 2009-06-18, 16:00   Link #280
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Dude, Shiek, I didn't realize it, but in your "fanfic" you actually took on my view of the Dragonkin.

"Rubel warns and repeats the original plan: the Organization must be killed by their own creations or they'll start anew someplace else. This creature warns "no promises" and says the situation is going steadily away from Rubel's control and Rubel looks distressed".

Let me see here; you described the Dragonkin as

A) Sentient
B) Capable of speech
C) Higher-ranking than Rubel (equivalent of an officer)

Shiek, come over and hug your Master. Dark Lord Revan would never kill his Apprentice for so faithfully following his ideas about the Dragonkin in a fan-fiction.
Strange, I didn't realize that when I was writing it, I was just writing what I thought sounded cool at the time , especially since my previous beliefs on the Dragonkins were that they WEREN'T capable of any of those things; that they were basically colossal siege weapons used by the enemy human army.

And once again, I'm not writing any fan-fiction. I haven't written fanfiction since I was in middle-school(NightmareBeforeChristmas and Warcraft fanfiction ) and they were god-awful enough for me to quit writing forever, it was just a phase I quickly went through like Yu-Gi-Oh(which, while fun at the time, wasn't anywhere near as cool or memorable as Pokemon when I was even younger )

So........sorry but uh......I'll pass on touching you
Closed Thread