AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 08:00   Link #681
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
PS3. IMO one of the few that are really worthwhile on the system that is so pricey. With Tales games becoming anime and all, I'm waiting for a Star Ocean anime any time soon.
Star Ocean did have an anime, a while ago, and spans 20+ episodes

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:01   Link #682
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Alicia's gun is actually not a bolt action, but semi-automatic, and is most likely based on the limited production model Gewehr 43

Gw-43

Alicia

- Tak
Hmm, they made her gun look so crude and short in the first episode, almost a carbine.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:02   Link #683
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Star Ocean did have an anime, a while ago, and spans 20+ episodes

- Tak
Okay. A GOOD Star Ocean anime. Also with the advent of great looking 3DCG and high definition, they can make a Star-Trek-ish game look just that much better now than ever. Hopefully SquareEnix pumps that money in there so it can look as great as Sengoku Basara and Basquatch. heh
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:05   Link #684
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Hmm, they made her gun look so crude and short in the first episode, almost a carbine.
the Gewehr 43 was also considered a carbine, but not in the truest sense.

It was actually shorter than the K98k, the Karbiner 98 Kurz (Carbine 98 Short). I've got the rifles myself.

And that rifle in the game would be identicle in size with the real Gewehr 43. That is, assuming Alicia is not 4 feet tall.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-08 at 15:24.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:05   Link #685
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Okay. A GOOD Star Ocean anime. Also with the advent of great looking 3DCG and high definition, they can make a Star-Trek-ish game look just that much better now than ever. Hopefully SquareEnix pumps that money in there so it can look as great as Sengoku Basara and Basquatch. heh
Sasquatch's brother?

Sorry.
Quote:
the Gewehr 43 was also considered a carbine.

It was actually shorter than the K98k, the Karbiner 98 Kurtz (Carbine 98 Short).

- Tak
Ah, I see. I didn't know that. In FPS games they look similar in length (even when lying on the ground). But it still looks crude.
Old 2009-04-08, 08:26   Link #686
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm with Tak here my first thought when I saw the rifle I thought Gewehr 43

altho it did look like it was drawn a little too small but meh I can live with that, it is anime after all, ain't perfect
Old 2009-04-08, 08:31   Link #687
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

man you guys are really into this war thingy

though i love old war games like medal of honor or gears of war. this is like the 3rd anime that i saw cute looking girls are involve in a war
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:34   Link #688
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Correct; that was one of the first things I noticed about it. Not as big as the ones in the game. Perhaps that was on purpose.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:41   Link #689
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

im no gamer of this anime but my opinion is they are giving more emphasis to her

well that is my opinion.pls feel free to comment me
Old 2009-04-08, 10:24   Link #690
TrueKnight

^ yea thats why I don't particularly fond on this and I prefer they used Welkin's pov with a few modifications. He's just less serious in this one and Alicia is more harder.

I also thought of the G 43 when I first played the game and then watch the anime, but the iron sight is not the gewehr 43's but more like a carbine one such as the garand.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:39   Link #691
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
^ yea thats why I don't particularly fond on this and I prefer they used Welkin's pov with a few modifications. He's just less serious in this one and Alicia is more harder.
Welkin was less serious at this point in the game. Have you forgotten?
Old 2009-04-08, 10:44   Link #692
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

so welkin might become more serious on the later on episodes?

anyway those potato masher. is it really that strong??
Old 2009-04-08, 10:47   Link #693
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Welkin was less serious at this point in the game. Have you forgotten?
You mean when him and Alicia facing the imperials together in the first mission where he also could fire a rifle? I don't see how he's less serious in the game when he's on a first mission and at war earlier and at the very start in the game instead a carefree attitude they show us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12
A competent soldier and commanding officer.
Old 2009-04-08, 10:52   Link #694
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
You mean when him and Alicia facing the imperials together in the first mission where he also could fire a rifle? I don't see how he's less serious in the game when he's on a first mission and at war earlier and at the very start in the game instead a carefree attitude they show us here.
This is where you're forgetting something. Something i have already explained, though it looks like you didn't read my post.

What we're seeing now is the start of the game, together with added anime material to fill in the slots. It's obvious that they'd stick with the same Welkin during these anime original scenes, because it's the way he would act if this was a part of the game. He'll change and be serious in the next episode, just like the same part in the game.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:01   Link #695
TrueKnight

Quote:
This is where you're forgetting something. Something i have already explained, though it looks like you didn't read my post.

What we're seeing now is the start of the game, together with added anime material to fill in the slots. It's obvious that they'd stick with the same Welkin during these anime original scenes, because it's the way he would act if this was a part of the game. He'll change and be serious in the next episode, just like the same part in the game.
Look here Einstein, you have your views. I have mine. And I already stated my reasons why he is different and less serious in the game than in the anime if you also bother reading. He’s already at war earlier in the game in even before the event you pointed out. The anime will make him serious later on but that didn't change the fact than in the anime at the earlier part
he doesn't have his soldiering skills.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:01   Link #696
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post

anyway those potato masher. is it really that strong??
It's modeled on standard grenade used by the German army in WWI and II, though the model used in the first ep looks like a prototype/old model.

Model 24 Stielhandgrenate

And infantry grenades can be quite powerful indeed. Don't be fooled by all those silly war movies where you can escape the blast just by throwing yourself on the ground.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:20   Link #697
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Look here Einstein, you have your views. I have mine. And I already stated my reasons why he is different and less serious in the game than in the anime if you also bother reading. He’s already at war earlier in the game in even before the event you pointed out. The anime will make him serious later on but that didn't change the fact than in the anime at the earlier part
he doesn't have his soldiering skills.
So you finally agree with me? Awesome!
Old 2009-04-08, 11:25   Link #698
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
man you guys are really into this war thingy

though i love old war games like medal of honor or gears of war. this is like the 3rd anime that i saw cute looking girls are involve in a war
Please tell us what are the other 2.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 11:29   Link #699
TrueKnight

Quote:
So you finally agree with me? Awesome!
Well he’ll get more serious later in the game, this I agree, but I’m afraid they’re gonna tone down his soldiering ability later on in the anime and focuses more on his commanding ability.

In the early part of the game prior meeting Isara and the tank he can wield and shoot a rifle, acting like scout and checking his surroundings before finally fighting and successfully repelled the imperial attacks together with Alicia. That’s the facts and the seriousness of Welkin that were not present in the anime. Instead they’re giving us a carefree Welkin who seems not into soldiering. Lame Welkin just lame.

PS, he's more good looking in the game, in a manly way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix
Please tell us what are the other 2.
Strike Witches and FMP?
Old 2009-04-08, 11:33   Link #700
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thanks for offering other tank examples guys...My knowledge beyond American models is pretty limited so the russian and german ones were nice to see. They sadly never gave a real good shot of the garage tank in the first episode, probably shoulda just looked for in-game art from the game...Meh I really need a PS3.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega