AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-09, 00:02   Link #661
flack

Sigh Damn you Key...for not realizing how valuable little busters is...
Old 2012-04-09, 00:14   Link #662
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Sigh Damn you Key...for not realizing how valuable little busters is...
I think they do realize how valuable it is, which is both why they held out for so long to get the best proposal they could get, and also why they're compelled to make an anime of it in the first place. We have no idea what sort of investment Warner made in order to secure this contract, but it clearly wasn't just "we took the first deal available" (we know they didn't, in fact).

In the end, we can only wait and see.
Old 2012-04-09, 00:19   Link #663
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Damm, is J.C. Staff actually doing this? Is this officially confirmed? I really don't like their production quality regarding animation. Well this is going to suck then.
I believe the post above yours pretty much was confirmed by KEY that it is J.C staff.

I just don't know what to really say in regards to it, I'm speechless really.
Old 2012-04-09, 00:43   Link #664
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think they do realize how valuable it is, which is both why they held out for so long to get the best proposal they could get, and also why they're compelled to make an anime of it in the first place.
I highly doubt this is the best proposal they can get. Maybe I am wrong because I don't know much about how they make proposals. But look at White Fox's opening for Rewrite for example:

In my opinion, this was a way better job than the preview trailer for Little Busters.

Quote:
We have no idea what sort of investment Warner made in order to secure this contract, but it clearly wasn't just "we took the first deal available" (we know they didn't, in fact).
I don't really care how much investment is involved, I care about the anime, and frankly given the significant chance that it could turn out to be a failure, this is unacceptable.

Quote:
In the end, we can only wait and see.
Your right, sadly that is the only thing we as fans can do right now.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:16   Link #665
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
In my opinion, this was a way better job than the preview trailer for Little Busters.
The animation for the "trailer" (teaser) was not made by the anime production team. It was contracted out by Key only for that video and assembled directly by Key. So that video is not indicative of the look or quality of the anime to come.

Quote:
I don't really care how much investment is involved, I care about the anime, and frankly given the significant chance that it could turn out to be a failure, this is unacceptable.
That doesn't make any sense, though. You think Warner is willing to commit that much and then will just willingly let the project fail? Assign it to a team they believe has little chance of succeeding? Completely disregard the extremely well-known desires of the fans and the even of the original game makers themselves? And Key will just stand by and do nothing because they are somehow completely powerless despite saying they'd do what they could? And this is just because of the studio assigned to produce the animation?

It's not like they exist in a vacuum and have no contact with the rest of the world.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:22   Link #666
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
The essential points are that they are aware of everyone's hopes and fears regarding the anime production companies, and they too share these feelings. But, in light of Warner and J.C. Staff's high enthusiasm for this title, they decided to entrust them with their precious product. They say this mix of emotions is common whenever you take on something new, but at the moment all we can do is trust and wait -- though Key will do whatever they can to assist. They say that Warner and J.C.Staff are good companies and they took on this project even being well-aware of everyone's feelings (i.e. huge expectations), so they again ask fans to, basically, give them a chance.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:23   Link #667
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder what sort of rivalty (if any) there is between TBS/Pony Canyon and Warner? I know KyoAni and J.C. Staff sometimes take clever pot shots at each other in some of their humor anime.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:30   Link #668
flack

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense, though. You think Warner is willing to commit that much and then will just willingly let the project fail? Assign it to a team they believe has little chance of succeeding? Completely disregard the extremely well-known desires of the fans and the even of the original game makers themselves? And Key will just stand by and do nothing because they are somehow completely powerless despite saying they'd do what they could? And this is just because of the studio assigned to produce the animation?

It's not like they exist in a vacuum and have no contact with the rest of the world.
No I don't think that. They are probably going to try their best to satisfy the fans and Key Studios. Even still, I still believe there is a significant chance of failure or not turning out as good as its predecessors. I am basing what I said here on J.C's past works. They have produced a lot of bad adaptations in the past, especially last year, and their only Visual Novel adaptation they have done: Tsukihime, they destroyed it. Moreover, they usually do many adaptations at once.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:34   Link #669
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I am basing what I said here on J.C's past works. They have produced a lot of bad adaptations in the past, especially last year, and their only Visual Novel adaptation they have done: Tsukihime, they destroyed it.
Well, this has been discussed many times in the past in this thread, so there's no point in repeating everything. Suffice it to say, though, that the lead writer/story planner for this show does not work for J.C.Staff and has never worked as lead writer on a previous J.C.Staff production. So the value in comparing to past works is limited. It's not a totally-unreasonable bias, but it's also not an entirely-reasonable prejudice.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:03   Link #670
TJR

I should point out that Tsukihime was done during a different era. At the time, no one recognized the potential of Type-Moon, which was reflected in the production committee's budgeting and staffing (12 episodes + Katsushi Sakurabi picked as director because he was already working with another video game property). I doubt any producer would've given it royal treatment, and the top studios would likely have avoided such a dubious project.

To the industry, Tsukihime was just a doujin game (an 18+ product at that) with primitive art/music.......adapted only because it was making a few waves among otaku.

But had they known what they know now......

Last edited by TJR; 2012-04-09 at 02:58.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:54   Link #671
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well yeah the change in genre for the most part obviously helped Railgun compared to Index.. but I felt that Index 2 got shafted in terms of budget... it's very rare for a series to increase in sales as Index 2 did compared to Index...
OT, but Index II was a pretty troubled production. There was one hell of a schedule/staffing failure, whether it was caused by Geneon's insistence on a Fall 2010 launch or by Shinichiro Kashiwada's departure to Aniplex (perhaps both). Episodes were rushed, and Hiroshi Nishikiori apparently ruffled some feathers along the way.

Money would not have solved their problems.

Quote:
I highly doubt this is the best proposal they can get. Maybe I am wrong because I don't know much about how they make proposals.
There's more to a proposal than the animation studio (and there needs to be assurance that the producer isn't just rushing to beat the competition to the punch). Key wants the full package: financing, strong marketing, enthusiasm, good rapport with producers and creative staff, commitment to a lengthy run, satisfactory scheduling and staffing......

Certain arrangements might sound good to those left out of the loop, yet end up shocking many people.
Ex. Persona 4
Aniplex x AIC ASTA

Anyway, Warner offered what other producers couldn't.

Last edited by TJR; 2012-04-09 at 03:05.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:54   Link #672
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
No I don't think that. They are probably going to try their best to satisfy the fans and Key Studios. Even still, I still believe there is a significant chance of failure or not turning out as good as its predecessors. I am basing what I said here on J.C's past works. They have produced a lot of bad adaptations in the past, especially last year, and their only Visual Novel adaptation they have done: Tsukihime, they destroyed it. Moreover, they usually do many adaptations at once.
They also animated another VN : Tantei Opera Milky Holmes and they also destroyed it. Usually, J.C Staff is so bad with video game adaptations.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-09, 03:00   Link #673
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
They also animated another VN : Tantei Opera Milky Holmes and they also destroyed it.
Milky Homes was not originally a Visual Novel (one was only developed later to accompany the anime), and I don't know that they "destroyed it" -- it was successful enough to get a second season even though few necessarily expected it at first. I don't know what basis you're using to call it "destroyed" at all.

The actually did do another Visual Novel, which was Kimikiss, directed by Kenichi Kasai. This work didn't seem popular with the original game fans (since it shifted genres somewhat compared to the game, and became more of a romantic triangle drama), but it does have a number of fans on AnimeSuki (including myself, not incidentally).

But again, these are all different staff/producers/etc.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:49   Link #674
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
But look at White Fox's opening for Rewrite for example:

You can't really compare a finished high budget opening with a concept trailer...
Old 2012-04-09, 07:03   Link #675
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
You can't really compare a finished high budget opening with a concept trailer...
Not to mention said trailer wasn't even done at JC staff.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:22   Link #676
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Not to mention said trailer wasn't even done at JC staff.
That we know of...
Old 2012-04-09, 07:24   Link #677
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Pretty much this. Or else someone may as well bring out the Clannad After Story OP while we're at it.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-04-09, 07:28   Link #678
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Milky Homes was not originally a Visual Novel (one was only developed later to accompany the anime), and I don't know that they "destroyed it" -- it was successful enough to get a second season even though few necessarily expected it at first. I don't know what basis you're using to call it "destroyed" at all.

The actually did do another Visual Novel, which was Kimikiss, directed by Kenichi Kasai. This work didn't seem popular with the original game fans (since it shifted genres somewhat compared to the game, and became more of a romantic triangle drama), but it does have a number of fans on AnimeSuki (including myself, not incidentally).

But again, these are all different staff/producers/etc.
The VN came out before the first season was finished, which most likely means that it was in production at roughy the same time.
Both the VN and anime are just tie-ins for the milky holmes manga and for Bushiroad's merchandising .
Neither the VN and the anime are the same as the manga, but the VN is closer to the manga than the anime. (comparing it from the compace that i have)
Also like i have posted somewhere before, the psp game seems to be a prequel seeing that the Milky holmes were just rookie detectives in the VN, while they were the most talented detectives in episode 1 of the anime (and then they lost their powers in the same episode and it became a slapstick comedy)
Old 2012-04-09, 07:37   Link #679
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Pretty much this. Or else someone may as well bring out the Clannad After Story OP while we're at it.
Nah, let's compare it with the kanon op:

I say J.C.Staff is better
Old 2012-04-09, 07:51   Link #680
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Suddenly J.C. Staff seems like such an state-of-the-art studio!
       /
      / \|
    /
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters