AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-02, 13:05   Link #241
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I was wondering the same thing. However, I think Seirin was pretty much taxed out, and they probably thought they would not win in overtime. Zone was already on borrowed energy and would not continue for Kagami. Hyuuga was 1 foul away from fouling out. Teppei's knees were essentially done. Izuki... not sure about him... He's fine. Finally Kuroko was... well... being Kuroko.

So yeah, they probably felt that they had no chance in overtime, so tried for the win in the last second.
I just compared this episode to the manga's last four chapters (and the epilogue two-pagers at the Shonen Jump+ website), and the manga makes it clear that Seirin's players didn't have enough stamina left to play overtime. They really had to secure a win before the clock ran out.

Another thing that had to be cut for time is that Mibuchi was originally going to let Hyuga score that 3-pointer, because then Rakuzan would still have a 1-point lead and could just hold the ball and let the clock run out. However, Izuki's pass was so "Akashic" that once Hyuga started the throwing motion, Mibuchi instinctively couldn't help trying to block it, which led to the foul.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, sports