AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-01-09, 19:54   Link #1
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Lightbulb Shounen wa Kisu de Mahou wo Copy-suru. ~13th Dokuritsu Majo Shoutai no Kiseki

Original Title : 少年はキスで魔法をコピーする。~第十三独立魔女小隊の軌跡 (Shounen wa Kisu de Mahou wo Copy-suru. ~Daijuusan Dokuritsu Majo Shoutai no Kiseki <The Boy Copies Magic with Kiss. ~The Record of 13th Independent Witch Platoon>
Author : Masaichi
Length : 0.05 Million Japanese Characters

Webnovel : Syosetsu

Spoiler for Synopsis:

Spoiler for FAQ:

From the author of Saratoga so it will be good~

Last edited by wuhugm; 2017-08-17 at 23:38.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 20:06   Link #2
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Been a while since I've seen you start a thread for something with low chapter/word count.
Old 2017-01-09, 21:04   Link #3
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Because Saratoga is really good, and while this one has more serious tone than Saratoga, I think it will retain similar level of quality with it.

Btw, MC's initial rank is Sergeant. This is military so everyone has military rank attached to their name.
Old 2017-01-09, 21:44   Link #4
darkofficer
just a devil

Don't know why but the synopsis gives me a weird fanfiction like feeling.

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 22:22   Link #5
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ It probably has to do with the part about turning into a brute. That's almost screaming H plot.
Old 2017-01-09, 22:27   Link #6
darkofficer
just a devil

^ I think more about the part about copying other people power's and being far better at it

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 22:40   Link #7
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

True, there is that as well.
Old 2017-01-09, 23:17   Link #8
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Power stealer/copier should have it's own genre, yes?

In the past, like in the times of Law of Ueki, mimic ability is solely reserved for bad guys

Btw, it seems here, the copied magic is being replaced every time a new one is received, maybe because a person can only hold 1 magic circuit.
Old 2017-01-09, 23:29   Link #9
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

....So he has to kiss every time he wants to switch magics. Whooo boy, I can see that getting messy quite quickly. >.>
Old 2017-01-10, 19:47   Link #10
kaikalaila

A brute huh? So he is overcome by the dormant feeling of lust due to working on the farm all this while?
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 03:47   Link #11
KuruluciaFalFairia

kiss to unlock power?, where do i heard this before? :thinking:
Old 2017-01-11, 05:28   Link #12
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Cliche boi~

^^Where's the Brazzers logo lol~
This version of brute is kinda interesting though.
He becomes unable to think anything other than the girl he kissed, becoming madly in love with her and rape her, and will protect her no matter what even if he has to kill people, even girls
Old 2017-01-11, 08:37   Link #13
Rasty

^ How does he manage to kiss another girl in that state? And has he done somehting bad already to his previous girl after switching?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 08:47   Link #14
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But he hasn't kissed another girl, so I dunno~

Btw, reading this author's works, it makes me thinking about is there a need to make an isekai MC to be reincarnated/teleported Japanese? Doing it like this author is great, just make a local MC. Having a Japanese MC just leads to Jap culture import to isekai, like food and modern tech, just ruining the story imho.
Old 2017-01-11, 09:01   Link #15
Rasty

^ I partially agree and partially disagree.

In most seriees not much tweeking would be needed to make the guy local and it would fit great, on the other hand sometimes the reincarnation settign isn't bad.
As for the import, this part is plain stupid. In the first place there is no way one highschooler (or whatever) is capable of replicating Earth knowledge. Leaving out food, that I would seriously doubt anyone without spending his whole life can replicate from different ingredients, the guys always making lots of machinery is just strange. There wasn't even the technology to work with iron (except primitive one, but guns would be impossible) in middleages, not even speaking about chemistry etc. knowledge (nice thing you know ingredients of gunpowder, but are you capable of finding them? the names should be different, or the ingredients itself unknown). The idea of replicating current technology with highschool knowledge (that is not centered on how to really create the things anyway) is just flawed.
Old 2017-01-11, 09:09   Link #16
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Indeed

I think the readers/commenters also have faults in this. Usually when the MC is a Japanese, especially older ones, commenters will make comments like "Why is this guy so stupid?" or "He doesn't know how to make xxx!?" or even straight "Have him invent xxx". If even once the Jap MC "invent" something, it will have high possibility to be repeated later, inventing more and more, eventually becoming a kind of Deus Ex Machina. Basically just stealing Earth's idea to solve problems. That Maoyuu Maou Yuusha was the one responsible for all this I think? The first time someone cheated by revolutionizing farming method etc using Earth's techs.
Old 2017-01-11, 09:36   Link #17
kaikalaila

Oh, something an obsessive yan? haha

Because Isekai genre is booming now, I guess.
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 10:54   Link #18
Rasty

^^ Yeah, though Maouyuu doesen't even have Japanese character (while Maou is generally Japanese in all but nationality). But Maouyuu does not go much further than the farming cheat (having not read the whole of it can't say for sure though) and generally doesen't go into bringing systems (especially financial) that are unusable in middleages.

It's so often that authors use their partial knowledge about something, ignoring the disadvantages and prerequisities for the thing to work. You can't really bring paper money into middleage illiterate society as nobody is gonna believe in the value of some "picture". There were even sereis using government bond (wtf, that doesen't work so good even in modern world) and presenting it as genial idea. Not even speaking about the democracy all the MCs keep pushing to the poor serfs (they don't even want the freedom and don't have the knowledge and logical thinking for the democracy to work anyway, not even speaking about means of communication for them to make any decision on country level in reasonable time and cost).
Old 2017-01-11, 11:13   Link #19
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Later in Maouyuu they brought compass, printing press, cola and shit, oh even guns in the end lol
Never understand why people like Maouyuu so much, it's just cheating.
Imagine this in Sun Tzu's Art of War : Outnumbered? Invent guns. Just lol man.
Dungeon Defense's Dandelion's solution to his lack of funds also similar to that which is why I hate that part.

Paper Money won't work anyway since unlike coins with intrinsic value, Paper Money needs an institution like country to guarantee it's value. In the age where countries rise & fall, Paper Money will literally become scrap paper once it's country gone.

Bringing modern guy and system into isekai just potentially breaking the story. If the main theme is not turning isekai into 2nd earth, might be better to use local guy instead.
Old 2017-01-11, 11:41   Link #20
Rasty

^ I never read so far as I read it in english and never transfered to japanese (also it being in drama format makes it a bit hard to read it for a long time). The part about logic behind the war was really nice though. It also might have been the first series where Maou + Yuusha cooperate to reach some goal (and Maou a good guy, or rather girl).

I generally dislike modern knowledge in fantasy (even if it could work). I get modern knowledge + history, where it is the only possible cheat, but if you throw magic into the mix I don't feel like modern knowledge is welcome neither that it makes good stories.

Tags
action, harem, power mimicry