AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2016-03-21, 09:36   Link #2761
Ii_chan
Silent Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post
Yeah the whole, "Don't talk or pay attention to Kurosami" Is just dripping with Another tease.

Artist: Don't worry, it's a "toe."

Spoiler:

Hmm. Maybe if I squint my eyes hard enough, perhaps I could see my big toe shape like the head of penis. ....... Nope.
the VN not like Another. It's on different level of horror.
you should try it.
Ii_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 19:26   Link #2762
07th

While checking the names for a future prank, i have SUDDENLY found out that Hanyuu's real name is not "Hainiryuun Ieasomuuru Jieda", as wiki tells, but instead of seemingly logical "ni" (for "nyuu") there is equality symbol, and pixivpedia gives pronunciation as "Hairyuun" (the thing i didn't notice when reading the "Kotohogushi-hen summary" some months ago). I checked the PS3 script — maybe everyone is committing some grave mistake, — but nope, it's "=" alright, and "nyuu" is explained as sounding similar to "ryuun" in ears of the man who eventually became her husband. The name seems translatable to "I'asomuuru from Jeda clan of people of Hai-Ryuun".

This is an actual voice file from the game.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 03:04   Link #2763
fuff

i dunno where to put this but since this is active....

https://twitter.com/higurashi_10th
www.higurashi10th.com/index.html

higurashi offical 10th annivearsy for the anime...i wondering what goodies we will get
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 06:47   Link #2764
DevilTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
i dunno where to put this but since this is active....

www.higurashi10th.com/index.html

higurashi offical 10th annivearsy for the anime...i wondering what goodies we will get
Exciting! It had better not be another Kira OVA.

Are there threads for anime rather than game discussion?
DevilTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 10:09   Link #2765
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

AnimeSuki closing down discussions related to higurashi, they believe it is a dead series unless gets an anime. We have to work with the threads they left open.
Old 2016-04-01, 15:50   Link #2766
fuff

ill request for a thread and see what happens

edit: nvm thats closed...i guess we can use this thread to discuss about it...better than nothing

so this higurashi 10th annivarsy even is gonna happen in june 10-12
Old 2016-04-05, 10:37   Link #2767
chaos_alfa

It seems Alchemist filed for bankruptcy.

Source: http://kotaku.com/japanese-game-comp...gun-1769071993
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 17:11   Link #2768
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

That was awhile ago. Stupid phone games ruined my favorite publisher, that what they blame it on. I play their new Saki vita a lot and sadden that might not see another, when they finally got a mahjong game that finally pretty decent compare to what I deem their two earlier failures at saki.
Old 2016-04-05, 17:17   Link #2769
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
That was awhile ago. Stupid phone games ruined my favorite publisher, that what they blame it on. I play their new Saki vita a lot and sadden that might not see another, when they finally got a mahjong game that finally pretty decent compare to what I deem their two earlier failures at saki.
Aren't you confusing Alchemist bankruptcy with Kaga Create Co's bankruptcy. Kaga Create Co. was the publisher of Alchemist Higurashi ports and went bankrupt in January.

I could mistaken, I can't read Japans and therefore can't verify what is stated in the primary source.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 18:57   Link #2770
GrAVit

RIP Alchemist :/

Also anime 10th anniversary goodies? Sounds great, I hope it'll be something good!

Also, it would seem like the Trianthology project page has finally been updated, check it out! http://trt.07th-expansion.net/
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 23:34   Link #2771
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Aren't you confusing Alchemist bankruptcy with Kaga Create Co's bankruptcy. Kaga Create Co. was the publisher of Alchemist Higurashi ports and went bankrupt in January.

I could mistaken, I can't read Japans and therefore can't verify what is stated in the primary source.
May have thought Kaga Create and alchemist being thoroughly tied with each other that if one went the other would too. Kaga Create creates software for Alchemist, like last Saki game. Alchemist makes up majority of my psp game library, so guess I won't be getting many new games for handheld now.

I am one of those rare people that is not glued to a cellphone. My GF loves her candy crush though, so I will blame her for Alchemist going out of business
Old 2016-04-11, 14:29   Link #2772
baratomaya

Hey! Just popping in to say that I finally got my translation of Usomabushi-hen scalated!
Only the first part is out right now, but the second should be out some point next week.

http://xpearse.tumblr.com/post/14214...aribanashi-hen

I hope you like it.
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 20:10   Link #2773
DevilTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Hey! Just popping in to say that I finally got my translation of Usomabushi-hen scalated!
Only the first part is out right now, but the second should be out some point next week.

http://xpearse.tumblr.com/post/14214...aribanashi-hen

I hope you like it.
Cool! Manga I haven't seen before and thought I'd never see translated!

...Why is there a supposed hentai page at the end that looks like it was drawn by Karin Suzuragi?...
Old 2016-04-15, 12:25   Link #2774
07th

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTrigger View Post

...Why is there a supposed hentai page at the end that looks like it was drawn by Karin Suzuragi?...
Upon seeing that, i started wondering how the hell there would be a hentai page in a semi-official anthology. Since it's drawn by Suzuragi, i thought it would be not really hentai, but something borderline provocative and funny like Rena-dominatrix in bonus episode to Matsuribayashi (or was it Tsumihoroboshi?). So i downloaded to take a look and maybe have some giggles. Well, it was indeed just a SFW joke, but...
Quote:
SFX: BUKKAKE
Dafuq? Maybe my eyes went bad, but the only SFX i see in proximity is ニヤニヤ (smirk), and there is no SFX elsewhere that fits.
Ok, i became curious and tried to find raws to see whether it is a joke translation or ブッカケ was actually written somewhere where you could clear it out without hurting the picture. Surely enough, there is no downloadable raws of Kataribanashi's Volume 4 (that's where the story belongs) anywhere. Oh, to hell with it then. Judging from my previous knowledge of the translator, i probably would not miss if i assume she (?) just made it up.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 12:19   Link #2775
baratomaya

Quote:

Ah, that wasn't me. I merely translated the arc. The hentai page at the end was added in by the guy who scanlated it for me. ^^'

Also, the second part is now out!

http://xpearse.tumblr.com/post/14296...aribanashi-hen

Last edited by baratomaya; 2016-04-17 at 13:15.
baratomaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 13:40   Link #2776
DevilTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Ah, that wasn't me. I merely translated the arc.
I know. I'm wondering why it seems like one of the official Higurashi manga artists illustrated a Higurashi hentai. Was that really her? Am I seeing this right?
Old 2016-05-13, 05:39   Link #2777
fuff

i guess ill post it here:
they updated for the 10th anniversary
Old 2016-05-15, 05:47   Link #2778
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
i guess ill post it here:
they updated for the 10th anniversary
I like the artwork they made for the event, looks nice!
Old 2016-05-16, 12:49   Link #2779
DevilTrigger

So is this going to be just some event at an anime con or are we getting a new OVA out of this? I can't read anything those posts say.
Old 2016-05-16, 17:34   Link #2780
GrAVit

Quote:
So is this going to be just some event at an anime con or are we getting a new OVA out of this? I can't read anything those posts say.
As far as I know, it seems like an event at least with some art being dealt out for participants.

Also, xPearse gathered some updates about the upcoming Higurashi TV show on his blog with links to the show's official website and twitter!

Seems pretty interesting so far. The actors at least look much better and fitting than the ones they had for the live action movies. lol
In any case, looking forward to it! Representing anime characters perfectly in real life is no easy business so I think it can be taken with a grain of salt and instead thought of as a new way to represent the story.
First episode airing on the 20th of May, not sure about potential subbers yet.

Images
Chart of character actors and actresses (in Japanese)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by GrAVit; 2016-05-16 at 18:49.