AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2021-04-23, 18:00   Link #141
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Unless they've been working on something behind the scenes (waiting for things to shake out with Harmony Gold) its going to be a while. Although I guess Satelight hasn't been up to that all that much since Symphogears ended so... they're free if nothing else.
One would hope that they would do something for the 40th anniversary. There were rumours of a new project a few years back, but I fear that turned out to be the Delta movie.

Quote:
Even at Aniplex prices?
I'm of course hoping for more reasonable prices than the exorbitant bullshit Japanese DVD/BD providers are asking for their stuff. But if that's the only game in town to get an Macross Frontier TV release with official subs, then, yeah. I'm also substantially better off than back then, but my main problem was always that I want an official release with subs of the TV series. Not the movies, the series.
Old 2021-04-23, 20:53   Link #142
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aside from the Macross side of things, I wonder if HG intends to make another attempt to continue the Robotech story? There will still be people that want to see that, with or without seeing more actual Macross.
Old 2021-04-24, 01:01   Link #143
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, fingers crossed for Frontier.
Same here I'd buy a Frontier box-set in a heartbeat, heck I'd be immensely happy even if it were to appear just in Netflix or something like that (hopefully with a decent dub in my native language )

Quote:
Unless they've been working on something behind the scenes (waiting for things to shake out with Harmony Gold) its going to be a while. Although I guess Satelight hasn't been up to that all that much since Symphogears ended so... they're free if nothing else.
In January 2017 after Delta had already finished they announced they were working on a new TV series for 2018 along with other "visual" projects Macross Gets New TV Anime in 2018, 35th Anniversary Project, after that we didn't get any new info about the TV series and instead they announced the first (and only at the time) Delta movie.

Maybe they delayed the new series hoping for something to change regarding their legal disputes like what already happened and that's why they released the Delta movie first, which actually was 90% of old footage from the series, then since the movie did good numbers they decided to make the sequel, so maybe a new series isn't that far away.
Old 2021-04-24, 03:07   Link #144
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Aside from the Macross side of things, I wonder if HG intends to make another attempt to continue the Robotech story? There will still be people that want to see that, with or without seeing more actual Macross.
I know that's basically heretical to say, but I kinda enjoyed the Robotech novels which continued the story of the TV series, back when I didn't really know the Macross franchise.
Old 2021-04-24, 07:17   Link #145
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Haven't multiple Robotech crowdfunding attempts kind of failed? I don't think they have much going on at HG aside from the live action movie if it ever gets past development hell.

The only part of Robotech I got into was Macross. I lost interest pretty quickly once it moved into the Robotech Masters or whatever; even as a kid I could tell it was disjointed and different.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 15:26   Link #146
videoman190

Hopefully, they will do 7, Plus, Frontier, and Delta. I rather have the original Japanese release instead of the Robotech edit. I predict the Live-action movie will flop anyway.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-27, 02:12   Link #147
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Agreed.
However if HG was going to make more Robotech, I for one would like to see them completely change the style of the "Macross" era into a more Mospeada/Southern Cross look (since HG owns both of them).
Have the SDF-01 (or whatever they'd name it) look more like this:

Spoiler for SDF-01:

Get rid of the Zentraedi ship designs and make them look akin to these:

Spoiler for Tirol Flagship:

Spoiler for Tirol Command Ship:

Spoiler for Tirol Cruiser:
Old 2021-04-29, 07:33   Link #148
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'm of course hoping for more reasonable prices than the exorbitant bullshit Japanese DVD/BD providers are asking for their stuff. But if that's the only game in town to get an Macross Frontier TV release with official subs, then, yeah.
Here's hoping, even for a digital release somewhere. I'm down for it.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-29, 23:08   Link #149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-04-30, 03:38   Link #150
magnuskn

I seriously have nothing good to say about the scumbags at Harmony Gold, so kinda speechless on this. Ah, well.
Old 2021-06-18, 12:21   Link #151
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Funimation just announced a big Robotech remaster with physical and digital releases. So… everything is good now, right?
Old 2021-06-19, 09:18   Link #152
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

The real question is, where will Macross (and its sequels) be streamed? Netflix? Crunchy?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 15:11   Link #153
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Funimation just announced a big Robotech remaster with physical and digital releases. So… everything is good now, right?
If it's the original dub they're gonna remaster then count me out. And also, why remaster it at all when Japan already did this years back with the anniversary Blu-ray box set?

Right now, Macross needs to be distanced from Robotech, not join back with it. The two franchises are very different in their fanbase and where the series has gone over the years. And I know I sound a bit negative, but it's depressing that most people over here in the West don't know about Frontier or Plus because all they knew is the series was named Robotech and it eventually got its own franchise. A good portion of Robotech fans don't even know it originated as Macross at all. And that's sad. Because even if I, and others, have qualms with Macross' installments at times, each entry is still leagues above any Robotech original addition Harmony Gold has done over the years.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 04:26   Link #154
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The real question is, where will Macross (and its sequels) be streamed? Netflix? Crunchy?
Yeah, THAT'S what I want to know.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-29, 09:53   Link #155
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://twitter.com/MACROSS_BIGWEST/...90839958228995

For starters, they got the MACROSS SUPER DIMENSION 3D LIVE WORLD TOUR 2021 AIR MACROSS 7 youtube video available.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 11:14   Link #156
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://twitter.com/MACROSS_BIGWEST/...CtmcCk444rAAAA

BIGWEST is reminding people to look for the BW logo when seeing Macross products legally released outside Japan.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-21, 01:16   Link #157
saya_leviathan

I don't know what the hell is going on but it seems Harmony Gold is backpedaling? Then, what happens to the future releases of Macross 7 etc.?
https://twitter.com/RobotechNews/sta...22363130167297

Last edited by saya_leviathan; 2023-07-21 at 02:20.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-21, 04:54   Link #158
magnuskn

Well, that would suck, big-time.
Old 2023-07-21, 09:56   Link #159
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
I don't know what the hell is going on but it seems Harmony Gold is backpedaling? Then, what happens to the future releases of Macross 7 etc.?
https://twitter.com/RobotechNews/sta...22363130167297
It would be helpful to read the rest of the thread.

The scope of any prohibitions are probably very narrow if Zero and 2012 Flashback are cleared. It might affect the Lady M storyline but its debatable if BigWest and Kawamori even intended to pursue it further.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-21, 11:53   Link #160
magnuskn

Since I don't have a Twitter account (and don't plan on giving Musk the validation of creating one or logging on through Google, etc.), I now only can open direct links, instead of browsing threads. Ah, well. Saves me a few hours per week, however it leads to stuff like this, where a single link makes for a misleading story.