AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 22:49   Link #1
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Rad's traces v2

Seems I've picked up the tracing bug again, been busy with a couple of relatively simple yet nice looking ones recently, along with a few from a while back that I don't think I ever posted before

Anyway, here goes:

One of my three favourite girls, Ana-chan from IchiMaro:

Traced this one AGES ago originally but used a crappy method for the outlines (and the colouring too iirc heh), so I retraced her using the method I prefer now with shape layers.

Next up is Elis from Canvas 2:

Tried a trace with no outlines for this one. I should probably tidy some of the edges up a little but I think it worked out pretty well

Here's Sora from Doujin Work:

Used the simple outline method for this one because I was feeling lazy

And lastly for my older traces, Tiana looking awesome:

Tried a spot of coloured outlining on this one, which took friggin' AGES to do. Worth it though.

Next are a couple I did in the last couple of days, my first in probably a few months or more:

First up, another of my three favourite girls, Becky

Not much to say here really, personally I love how she turned out (yeah yeah, I'm biased )

And finally for now, one I did today simply because Amelia is awesome:

The decoration is possibly a little too shiny but eh, I wanted to make it stand out, much like Amelia herself heh.

Anyway, I'll post up more when I'm done with them (the last of my favourite girls is likely to be next... though I won't spoil who it is yet).

Rad

edit: forgot to mention that the Becky trace is the source of my new Av as well. The border was just some random creation I put together for it:

Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 23:05   Link #2
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Heya Rad, congrats on your new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
(the last of my favourite girls is likely to be next... though I won't spoil who it is yet).
Judging from the characteristics of the other two, the third one must be another loli with blonde hair.

My money's on loli Fate!
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 23:38   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Radiosity... has a thread... *jaw drops*

Me like your Elis and ur Sora ^^

ps: Trace as in Vector trace or hand trace?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 00:51   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yo!

Quote:

One of my three favourite girls, Ana-chan from IchiMaro:

This one wins, because Anna-chan (my favorite ichigo girl, btw) looks great in everything.

Quote:
Next up is Elis from Canvas 2:

AWESOME!

I am extremely impressed by this one.

Quote:
Here's Sora from Doujin Work:

This one is pretty good too; Although I feel that the whole vector is a little too dark overall. Nothing that a bit of contrast and brightness can't fix, though.

Quote:
And lastly for my older traces, Tiana looking awesome:

Colored outlining is pretty much on the brink of extintion. Thanks for bringing it back.

And yes, Tiana looks certainly awesome there!

Quote:
Tried a spot of coloured outlining on this one, which took friggin' AGES to do. Worth it though.
Welcome to my world!

Quote:
First up, another of my three favourite girls, Becky

Not much to comment either. Very nice and very moe!

Quote:

The decoration is possibly a little too shiny but eh, I wanted to make it stand out, much like Amelia herself heh.
Love the way you created the metallic effect. That has always been a pain to do for me. >_<!

Seriously, I hope you do more like the Canvas 2 one in the future. That one sure rocked my world. (cough-wanna do a similar one now-cough)
Old 2008-07-15, 05:46   Link #5
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Riker - close, but no cigar Fate would be classified as one of my favourite characters, therefore being basically at the top of the list heh. But you're right about her being loli and moe, though she's not blonde. She does have an.... interesting, feature to her head though, if that gives you a clue

Aoie - thanks And trace as in vector trace, using photoshop (which while technically vectoring isn't really 'true' vectoring because it doesn't actually store the psd files as vectors like illustrator, which is why I rarely refer to my work as vectors any more).

Daniel - thanks for the detailed comments I'll respond in kind:

Ana - hehe, yep, she rocks, and like the other two of my favourite girls (maybe I should say favourite lolis to be more accurate...) she's voiced by one of my favourite voice actresses as well (Mamiko Noto, Chiwa Saito, Horie Yui.... oops, did I just give another hint there?).

Elis - regardless of what anyone else thinks of her, I always liked her And I do have a few more outline-less traces kicking around I need to finish, guess I've got a little more incentive to do so now.

Sora - dark? hmm, looks ok to me. But then, I've been thinking my monitor might actually be dying a slow death, which sucks because it's a really nice monitor (widescreen!). Maybe it's time to start thinking about that 22" upgrade...

Tiana - "Colored outlining is pretty much on the brink of extintion." Yeah, it can get pretty complex and time consuming so I suppose it's no surprise not many people do it. I love how it turns out though so I'll no doubt do another like this sometime (hell, maybe even Fate/Nanoha, since they totally deserve that sort of attention).

Becky - Yep! One of about 3 tsuntsun characters I totally adore, despite my overall dislike of that particular archetype.

Amelia - metalwork is a bitch normally, I hate it (though I love the end effect). This was actually pretty simple to do though, and was something of an experiment. Try messing with the 'Satin' option in the blending options sometime

Thanks again guys
Old 2008-07-15, 06:22   Link #6
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Oh dear loli filled thread.. I'm out of here ≧︿≦

XD gratz on opening your new thread ^^ cookies for jobs well done, despite me not csaving any of your vectors XD
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 06:28   Link #7
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hey, Tiana and Amelia aren't loli And I like my mature women with breasts as well, these just happen to be the traces that i've actually finished

edit: speaking of breasts, Nogizaka Haruka needs some of my attention (Mamiko Noto again *droooool*).

*adds her to his growing list*
Old 2008-07-15, 06:35   Link #8
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Do you use shape layer method btw?or outlining?

For both my Tsukiumi vectors, I did with shape layers.. I have 1 vector that I've never finished and it use a hell lots of shapes too, but it was separated by regions.. Troublesome little girl, I've never finished it.. just dont remind others of that >_<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-15, 06:44   Link #9
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

I love your vectors, they're so well done *_*

Have some good-job-done cookies!
Old 2008-07-15, 06:46   Link #10
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Do you use shape layer method btw?or outlining?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Traced this one AGES ago originally but used a crappy method for the outlines (and the colouring too iirc heh), so I retraced her using the method I prefer now with shape layers.
Yep, shape layers ftw. Takes a lot longer but I love the crispness of the outlines you get with that method. An example of one of my most complex outlining jobs would be this Nanoha I started a while ago but never finished (I really should sometime though):

And just the outlines so you can see better how much detail I put in:

Naughty Nanoha The outlines for this took..... well, longer than I care to remember heh.

edit: Eps~ posted just before me there, thanks for the comment + cookie
Old 2008-07-15, 06:49   Link #11
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Point Starlight Breaker @ Rad*

You will finish THAT vector!

I'll stick to Tsukiumi vectors anyway.. In fact I found another scene of her in ep 2 to vectorised.. Just that I need to get my animation to work first for my signature >.<

btw, sorry to skip tru your thread in a flash.. Im scared of lolis.. tends to make me blind
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-07-17, 05:45   Link #12
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Note: it kinda sucks having to actually delete a post then repost it new just to get a thread bump because you've edited a post and want people to know about an update (see my third edit below...)

Quote:
*Point Starlight Breaker @ Rad*

You will finish THAT vector!
Ahaha, thought you'd like that one

Quote:
btw, sorry to skip tru your thread in a flash.. Im scared of lolis.. tends to make me blind
And so you should be, for lolis are evil and subversive Though to be fair, that's part of their charm hehe.

edit: just finished this one, turned out quite spectacularly well methinks

Hanyuu <3 The last of my favourites (in no particular order, I like them all fairly equally).

edit 2: forgot to mention Hanyuu is one half of the finished product, there'll be another trace to go with this one soon

edit 3: kk, Rika joins Hanyuu today:

Always loved the contrast of ultramoe girls in a horror/mystery setting, so I went for something similar with these, hence the dark and gritty backgrounds with the blood splatters and names written in blood

Also, dammit jelsoft, add a thread bump on edit feature already

edit 4: while I'm on the subject of Higu, I might as well post these couple of outlined hanyuu's I made to go on mugs:

Still need to add some sort of border to the second one, I'll get round to that one of these days And finally for now, a piccy of a mug I had custom printed with the first image:

edit 5: Hopefully this is the final edit now heh. Last one for now:

Old 2008-07-17, 12:58   Link #13
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Note: it kinda sucks having to actually delete a post then repost it new just to get a thread bump because you've edited a post and want people to know about an update (see my third edit below...)
You can always ask someone to give you a post in case you want people to notice an extra update you have just made.

Why, there's even someone here with a text sig offering to do just that if you ask him.

Quote:
edit: just finished this one, turned out quite spectacularly well methinks
Me thinks too!

Btw, was the wall part of the original?
Old 2008-07-17, 13:02   Link #14
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hmm? the wall was added by me I'm using that image (resized) as my wallpaper atm.
Old 2008-07-17, 14:05   Link #15
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Lovely traces ^^ I especially like the Hanyuu and Rika ones (I'm biased, as they are my favourite characters ^^)

I need to find a custom mug printing site to print the mug designs on my mugs ^^"

Also like the Teana trace (coloured outlines make it look nice) ^^

Great Work!
Old 2008-10-07, 11:18   Link #16
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Resurrecting my thread from the depths of the Abyss to bring you...!

Nope, not a trace this time, but something I'm equally chuffed with Randomly got the urge to do a starfield, and here's the result:

I'm hoping to get some more stuff done soon, including a new sig and maybe an av too Here's hoping, anyway.

edit: look left/down and you'll see new av and sig

Last edited by Radiosity; 2008-10-07 at 13:32.

Tags
photoshop, trace, vector