AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 03:20   Link #1161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well congrats to Orine who mostly managed to turn her first hater into a fan. She was definitely messed up by the whole experience for a while. Not surprising going from feeling nobody is really seeing you to suddenly being hated by someone. I'm sure most people know that someone out there doesn't like them, but seeing it in person is something else.

As usual Chieri causes a scene. It's good that there isn't malice behind it, but after enough times it's not going to matter to the people around her. Chieri needs to reign it in if she can't word things in a way that isn't going to have people leaving a room crying. Though maybe the most odd thing was bringing that childhood dream back up since she's done a good job making it clear that she views others as rivals and distancing herself from others. Oh well, sooner or later she should be able to get along with others better. Just for now it seems like we'll have a repeat of these sorts of events.

The real disaster in all this is the people at the back of these lines are now out of luck thanks to that attack .
Old 2012-06-04, 03:30   Link #1162
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

This is supposed to be Chieri's flaw, if it wasn't for that, she would be potential center material. While she can "motivate" people and is just a natural. She has no actual leadership skills and is the last person you send for a pep talk.

But now we know the DES will be certainly evil now that you realize the reason why Orine's parents bit it was because of the horrible conditions at the Dualium mines.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:37   Link #1163
ThomasRomain

Like always, I enjoy reading comments about the show here. Thanks for watching.
Hope there will be a release outside Japan too.
Until then, don't hesitate to import some goodies to support us!
New episodes, or even movies, can be produced if the sales numbers are high. But I think everybody here already know that.

I posted some art design here (rankastar and akibastar):
http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/...390460#p390460

We are 3 french guys at satelight and we create all the universe/backgrounds and mecha of the show under the direct supervision of Kawamori (like we did for aquarion evol, same process). This is a great challenge and a lot of fun at the same time. I hope you are liking it!

We are currently working on episodes 10 to 12. Kawamori himself is drawing the 13th episode storyboard now. I can't wait to read it!
ThomasRomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 03:40   Link #1164
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
This is supposed to be Chieri's flaw, if it wasn't for that, she would be potential center material. While she can "motivate" people and is just a natural. She has no actual leadership skills and is the last person you send for a pep talk.
You don't need leadership skills to be center. The captain does need it, but the center just need appeal (and in the anime, it needs to have huge "idol aura", whatever that means )

And I'm pretty convinced that, despite all her flaws, Chieri IS center material.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:52   Link #1165
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Unless, yknow, Acchan came back, because it's kinda a waste of having her in the OP when she only shows in flashbacks.

But recall: The Kirara became all glowy due to Nagisa. It's possible that Nagisa might be the center - she is, afterall, the more or less main girl of this show.

Also I'm slightly amused that Acchan's IRL graduation was mirrored here. And IIRC all the 6 centers who've graduated... IIRC they're mostly Team A, right?

But what's surprising is Kashiwagi Yuki is still hanging on when IIRC she graduated to SDN48 a few years ago, along with Meetan. And then SDN48 got closed down... also, looks like the "Iiwake Maybe!" outfit has pretty much become AKB48's default identifier, both in this show and various cosplay attempts.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 03:59   Link #1166
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
Like always, I enjoy reading comments about the show here. Thanks for watching.
Hope there will be a release outside Japan too.
Until then, don't hesitate to import some goodies to support us!
New episodes, or even movies, can be produced if the sales numbers are high. But I think everybody here already know that.

I posted some art design here (rankastar and akibastar):
http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/...390460#p390460

We are 3 french guys at satelight and we create all the universe/backgrounds and mecha of the show under the direct supervision of Kawamori (like we did for aquarion evol, same process). This is a great challenge and a lot of fun at the same time. I hope you are liking it!

We are currently working on episodes 10 to 12. Kawamori himself is drawing the 13th episode storyboard now. I can't wait to read it!
I hope you guys keep the Shoujo feeling throughout the series, hope nothing like Madoka happens. Given how Symphogear and Madoka came off as completely rude awakenings.

And Chieri is likely to become a true Captain once she realize how she tries to put aside her own personal flaws.
Old 2012-06-04, 04:03   Link #1167
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Unless, yknow, Acchan came back, because it's kinda a waste of having her in the OP when she only shows in flashbacks.

But recall: The Kirara became all glowy due to Nagisa. It's possible that Nagisa might be the center - she is, afterall, the more or less main girl of this show.
Nagisa is of course a very likely candidate for center if only because she's the protagonist, but we still don't know what will happen. This is a Kawamori anime after all, so I wouldn't take anything for granted. Just look at what's happening with Aquarion Evol.

As for center candidates, I see three possibilities:

1) Yuko (it's her fucking dream. I would be pissed if she doesn't get to realize it)

2) Nagisa (protagonist power, Acchan potential successor)

3) Chieri (why the hell that kirara follows her if she can't even make it glow? there's something about her, but we still don't know what it is)

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-05 at 23:55.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 04:50   Link #1168
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
this series makes fanboys & fangirls looked so badass awsome & looked like if they're trained under Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris combined, mecha itasha FTW!!!

who wants to bet that the masked hater is actually a reverse trap?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:14   Link #1169
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Nagisa is of course a very likely candidate for center if only because she's the protagonist, but we still don't know what will happen. This is a Kawamori anime after all, so I wouldn't take anything for granted. Just look at what's happening with Aquarion Evol.

As for candidates, I see three possibilities:

1) Yuko (it's her fucking dream. I would be pissed if she doesn't get to realize it)

3) Chieri (why the hell that kirara follows her if she can't even make her glow? there's something about her, but we still don't know what it is)
Or, in other terms, Nagisa = Acchan the 14th, Chieri = Takamina sucessor.

I kinda disagree partly with Tsubasa's message in episode 3: yes, perhaps it's true that fighting with weapons only leads to negative emotions - however, sometimes, that's the only thing that will work. Still, that was an interesting way of sorting out who passes for kenkyuusei, even if I was wincing at the mock battle - the weapons may not be lethal, but environmental effects could still kill you - there's debris and all sorts of shit flyng around.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-06-04, 05:52   Link #1170
Seiryuu

The way I see it, Chieri holds some deep feelings of inadequacy. Partly this is because she was never able to summon the light after that concert, but she also feels how distant she is from everyone else. She knows that she's the "bad guy" of the group, but she desperately wants to stand on stage with all of them, so she tries her best to force them past their obstacles. She seriously stinks at it though, so the things she says to others come out as mere putdowns, and only Nagisa gets to hear how much she cares. I imagine she wasn't exactly cherished at home, and more often was faced with harsh corrections of her faults than praise of her strengths; if she grew up with a parent's "love" and "support" manifesting like that, it's no surprise she's bad at this. And it's also not too surprising that Nagisa, with her high-ranking, strict father, is the one who understands best. Shielding Orine at the handshake was a good step to showing she's got a heart though.

Her reaction to the machines also seems to suggest that she's got more than a bit in common with Nagisa. Especially since she knew the machines' wiring well enough to know exactly where to stab to shut it down... I get the feeling Chieri doesn't expect anyone to come and "fetch" her after she decided on this path. If her father sends people, they won't be there to bring her back.

I must say I absolutely loved the Ota. Apparently in the future, being an otaku is a symbol of pride and rebellion.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 06:04   Link #1171
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'd agree with that, and based on how I've seen her over the last few episodes I get the feeling Chieri wants to be have friends and wants to be able to connect, but she's had to bury that desire inside herself so deep in her heart, that she's forgotten how to love.

Actually, I see her reactions as a sort of self defense mechanism: to deal with her parents, and with everything around her, Chieri was forced to close up her heart and draw back from making emotional connections. She can't connect to people because she won't let her heart open up; so long as she keeps it closed and hidden away, she can't connect with her friends. She wants to be able to connect, and she does try, and you can see that she does care, and is a nice girl - but there are walls around her heart and until those walls come down, Chieri is stuck.

And her problem is that she may not want to bring the walls down. Not until she trusts her friends more.

Also I'm surprised there's no mention of yuri shipping yet, but then given this sort of work, the girls are way too busy for romance.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-06-04, 06:15   Link #1172
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
^
even if they're raiders, Akibastar is allow to have ent. so why would they attack? It's not against the law there, only when AKB0048 do guerrilla concerts in planets that outlaw ent.
It's probably a hit-and-run raid by a small DES unit rather than a full-on invasion, simply to give notice to the city-state that they're watching and will not let up at any time, as well as to intimidate and possibly observe and gather intelligence during the skirmish before making a hasty retreat.

Damn, turns out the city has its own militia in the form of fanatical wota, complete with guided flying glowsticks, batons and itasha-fied mechs as air support.

@Thomas: merci beaucoup, glad you passed by to check on this thread (and also try Stage48; there's an active forum thread too). You guys kick ass, keep up the great work!

Quote:
Chieri is way too sexy for a 13 yo. This isn't my innocent and pure AKB0048 anymore.

Spoiler for damn hot... *cough*I mean NSFW lol:
Mayuyu's character is just as sexy as her: great butt, nice chest.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-04 at 06:45.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 07:09   Link #1173
chaosprophet

Quote:
Episode 7 PV is up:
Are those the 76th gen Trainees?
Doesn't seems like any 76th gen ones are left as research students, otherwise we would have heard about them earlier, imo. My guess it's either a flashback (in which case they could be 76th between many other options) or we finally getting a closer view at the other active successors that are usually on the background.

Quote:

As for center candidates, I see three possibilities:

3) Chieri (why the hell that kirara follows her if she can't even make her glow? there's something about her, but we still don't know what it is)
I wonder if they will make a reference regarding the centers based on the real life annual senbatsu elections. Which would mean Acchan (the 13rd) -> Yuuko (Current) -> Acchan (future one, maybe Nagisa)

Quote:
Or, in other terms, Nagisa = Acchan the 14th, Chieri = Takamina sucessor.
I hope you're wrong in this, as I don't want the current Takamina to graduate before Chieri becomes a successor. XD
Old 2012-06-04, 08:12   Link #1174
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I had to laugh at the pandering to the fans in this episode. It's even okay to be a hater! Are we going to see coordinated efforts against the DES between AKB and the ota? I must say they certainly helped to even the odds. It gets a little hard to suspend belief each time there's a military encounter where a dozen or so girls somehow gain the upper hand on many more dozens of well-armed and armored trained squadrons.

I did enjoy the itasha mecha, though.

The planet with the handshake event is described by Tsubasa as "inside the Entertainment Protection Sphere." Doesn't the planet have any forces of its own to protect itself against the DES? Relying on the AKB girls and some armed fans doesn't seem like the best of strategies when it comes to protecting your civilian population.

It's nice to see you here again, Thomas! I enjoyed your postings in the Ikoku Meiro no Croiseé thread. (When is Sentai going to get around to releasing that show I wonder? It's nice that it's streamed for free, but I'll be happy to buy the DVDs once they're released.) You certainly have an eye for architectural detail. Of the drawings you posted, my favorite might be this one with the lovely house holding its own against the encroaching piping and scaffolding of the futuristic city you're imagining. I've heard American houses in that style called "Victorians," but a quick Wiki search shows that's a broad category of architecture indeed.

On the subject of center, sa547's wallpaper clearly places Chieri in that position. The OP hedges its bets with both Chieri and Nagisa sharing equal billing.

The writers could have avoided this problem by having an even number of girls. The fact that they chose nine suggests we're not done with the question of center.

I thought Seiryuu made some great points about Chieri. I wonder if her kirara dimmed over time because they were forced to live in the household of an arms manufacturer. Also, if Chieri is trying to hide out from her parents, why would she aspire to become an intergalactic idol? Not the best career choice if you're trying to avoid detection!

Am I the only one who thinks the AKB spaceship looks a bit like a Romulan warbird? Maybe it's supposed to resemble a Phoenix to symbolize how AKB0048 keeps remaking itself from one generation to the next?

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-04 at 09:11.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 08:24   Link #1175
Oryon

Haters gonna love this: http://i.imgur.com/pDmWv.jpg
Oryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 09:54   Link #1176
Undertaker

Quote:
Also, I'm curious: the AKB songs that are being played in each ep. Did they use recordings from various CDs/Senbatsu, or is it the actual seiyuu singing the songs? Can't really tell, but the Aitakatta sounded kinda sorta like Team A's version from their CD a while back...
My guess is that those are prior recordings. Considering that some of songs are from their theater stage songs and are team specific (most of them anyway), new recording sounds too much if a hassle. Besides if the VAs(main character group) are actually doing new recordings, you would expect that "No Name" being credited in the ED, but they are not
Old 2012-06-04, 09:55   Link #1177
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 06 - ア!ア!アンチのレス キ!キ!気にしすぎて

I know "legion of fans" is usually more euphemistic, but seeing it made much more literal... was actually kind of cool. I know idol otaku and anime otaku are different (sort of), but their mecha would do Machine Itasshar proud. The glowstick missiles were also pretty awesome. The main thrust of the episode was Orine, so for her storyline:

I thought The Masked Messenger might have a point at first, but I lost respect for them once they mentioned the bomb threat. They're young, but that just makes things worse. While Orine might not have totally won him over, I think the ending was the best of all worlds. She gets someone critical of her work, but who she can also put some trust in, and The Masked Guy shows that there's some good inside after all. Overall, a nice mix of Orine focus and worldbuilding this week.

Seriously, glowstick missiles.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 10:10   Link #1178
mechdra

For episode 6, good beginning, the middle is kind of so so but the ending with the battle is good. Being an ota is cool in the future.

I laugh when I see how some fans still act the same despite the far future (some guy who do not want to release sae's hand).

Speaking of the center, it is obvious that Nagisa will succed Acchan because she looks like her. Chieri will not succes Takamina because she is tall. However, I do hope she succed Mayuyu because 1) they are kind of alike 2) VA joke 3) Mayuyu MK3 is the most senior member of the current group.

Could someone explain the preview of episode 7. Seems like a Chieri episode.

Last edited by mechdra; 2012-06-04 at 17:29.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 10:15   Link #1179
deflate

Quote:
But what's surprising is Kashiwagi Yuki is still hanging on when IIRC she graduated to SDN48 a few years ago, along with Meetan. And then SDN48 got closed down... also, looks like the "Iiwake Maybe!" outfit has pretty much become AKB48's default identifier, both in this show and various cosplay attempts.
Kashiwagi Yuki is still in irl AKB, she's the captain of team B. Probably you're thinking of Urano Kazumi, the unofficial leader of team B back then when there were no official captains?

And having Anti as an insert song is just so... fitting? Especially since Anti is originally sung by the trainees, and is a song about having haters. Basically as a fan of the group I am pleased by the amount of references and fitting song choices XD
deflate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 10:45   Link #1180
Undertaker

Yeah, So far it anything almost all the insert songs had fit the plot perfectly, than again, it helps to have 300+ song in your library to play with and majority of them are custom written in response to an event and the members who sang them.

As Urano and others, I really feel bad for them. Despite being 1st/2nd members they kept getting shafted and their graduations where really more like demotion.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime