AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-29, 17:52   Link #1101
marvelB

Yeah, I thought all of the food metaphors were pretty cool. Midora even hints at the current meteor spice shower by calling it his "hatred". Maybe he wants to destroy the human world because he doesn't consider its food to be tasty enough?

And about the GW monsters.... Midora says that there are many creatures there that alter their capture levels, so for all we know, we could see even stronger versions of those same monsters when Toriko and co. finally explore the place. I mean, we've still yet to see any monsters with a level over 1000 yet, right?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 21:38   Link #1102
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Guys in the future the capture levels will go over 9000 I'm telling you and holy crap that Rampage monster sure looks... scary! Shit about to get very serious and I'm so excited to see very epic fight that will be happening in the next chapter.
Old 2013-09-04, 10:21   Link #1103
marvelB

Next Chinese scans are out:

Spoiler for Toriko 248:
Old 2013-09-08, 18:54   Link #1104
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have no idea what Ichiryuu's power is suppose to be.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 19:24   Link #1105
marvelB

^Apparently, it's gravity-based.... though it sounds like Shima is making it out to be something more with all the science talk this chapter.

Speaking of that, it's been a while since Shima mixed real world science with Toriko's over-the-top logic. That always did greatly amuse me!
Old 2013-09-08, 22:06   Link #1106
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow was really freaked out by Midora's power, though i guess that's why he's always eating and demanding more. Excited to see Ichiryuu show off his true skills.
Old 2013-09-09, 03:04   Link #1107
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Apparently, it's gravity-based.... though it sounds like Shima is making it out to be something more with all the science talk this chapter.

Speaking of that, it's been a while since Shima mixed real world science with Toriko's over-the-top logic. That always did greatly amuse me!
it is not only gravity. It is kinda like vector i think. He controls "the minority" to make sure the enemy's aim is always wrong and it is not only up but the other directions too.Instead of right, left. Instead of down, up. Something like that. Probably, if given enough time, he could control the whole body.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 03:18   Link #1108
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tentacle tongues...guess he doesn't need the rest of his muscles, as he even uses a tongue shield...

Ichiryuu kicking ass once again, I wonder how Midora turned the tables on him when he clearly lacks in speed and power right now.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 15:21   Link #1109
marvelB

Chinese scans are out a bit earlier this time around:

Spoiler for Toriko 249:
Old 2013-09-10, 15:47   Link #1110
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Chinese scans are out a bit earlier this time around:

Spoiler for Toriko 249:
Spoiler for dwa:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 22:34   Link #1111
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Spoiler for dwa:

Well, after having read the translation (yes, it's out, guys ), the answer to Midora's survival is a lot more ridiculous than I first thought, lol. "Well, if I'm dying and clinging to life is the 'minority', then 'life' becomes the minority ruling my body!"

....yeah. *head explodes*
Old 2013-09-12, 02:08   Link #1112
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Hey, it -was- a smart move :P Didn't really understand hungry space though, wtf to that.
Old 2013-09-12, 07:26   Link #1113
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
OH MAN !
They are here for 500 YEARS ?!
Old 2013-09-12, 07:30   Link #1114
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder how old Setsuno and Jirou are, since they're the only powerhouses that look old too...
Old 2013-09-13, 22:27   Link #1115
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Can someone logically explain the survival tactic behind Midora's special move that he pulled againist Ichiryuu at the last minute right before his death? So Ichiryuu's minority world is... when it's activated it forces envoirement that surrounds him completely stop functioning(like if you're living thing your bodly functions stops or rocks becomes soft - totally opposite effect)? But on the opposite when Midora's hungry world was activated when faced off with death? It's basically saying he is totally immortal (even if so I still don't understand the logic behind stabing her own heart). Because like he said if he faces death then his gourment cells will activate in a way where they will try to maintain Midora's bodily functions and make him stay alive no matter what. I mean when Midora started to recieve attacks, they were all deathly attacks then he started to strike back without his will(reflex). While Ichiryuu is in control of his tecnique can we say that Midora's tecnique can only be activated when his life is at anger? So when you try to kill him his hungry world will be activated and eat you in order to stay alive lol. I'm totally trying to grasp the logic behind this minority thing technique but I think the more I think about it then it gets more complicated. It's like Midora trained his body in a way to totally counter Ichiryuu's god like technique. Though he is not in control and as he said before his power is fueled by his hatred I think it was impossible for Ichiryuu to defeat Midora after he let him alive after their fights long time ago. I also what really happened between these two and I hope mangaka also enlightens us about their background story too in the future chapters.

Last edited by Qpax; 2013-09-13 at 22:44.
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 01:23   Link #1116
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It's basically saying he is totally immortal (even if so I still don't understand the logic behind stabing her own heart). Because like he said if he faces death then his gourment cells will activate in a way where they will try to maintain Midora's bodily functions and make him stay alive no matter what.
Midora only stabbed himself because he was under Ichiryuu's technique. If he hadn't tried to kill himself, he would have actually died.
Quote:
While Ichiryuu is in control of his tecnique can we say that Midora's tecnique can only be activated when his life is at danger?
No, Midora's technique is called "hungry space", it's an appetite attack much like the one the 4 kings used against the 4 beasts. After all, Midora is mostly known for his everlasting appetite, so this kind of attack is his strongest. Nearing death only amplified that hunger.
Quote:
It's like Midora trained his body in a way to totally counter Ichiryuu's god like technique.
He hadn't prepared anything beforehand, he just acted on instinct, it was a lucky guess.
Old 2013-09-14, 08:41   Link #1117
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

So four kings also have potential to activate their minority atoms? If that's the case Sani already activated his minority cells or no I think gourment cell's full potential and this minority atoms in your body is totally different thing. Well at least it made sense if it was an attack just like four king's appetite attack. But if someone basically puts what manga tries to say scientifically with last two chapters into simple terms then it would be really nice. Thanks for the answers in advance.
Old 2013-09-14, 10:21   Link #1118
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Minority cells so far have only activated on two people:
1) On Ichiryuu, to make him fly.
2) On Midora, first to kill him and then to keep him alive.

Midora's hungry space is (probably) a gourmet skill he has learned, not a minority attack.
Old 2013-09-14, 11:24   Link #1119
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

No with minority atoms Ichiryuu able to activate Minority World where he can change the property of elements like making hard rock into something soft like a jelly bean and yeah with those minority atoms in his cells he can also fly. I think activating gourment cells or let's say activating your minority atoms is much more powerful than activating your gourment cells. In order to go that phase like these two then you have to first control your gourment cells really well. So as Ichiryuu said even though Midora have activated his minority atoms he was not in control of them until last minute when he faecd the death. His strenght is fuelled by hatred and he has vast appetite so it really like him to come up with a move like "hungry space". He hates Ichiryuu so much to the point that he wanted to devour him completely and moreover with the help of his endless appetite he was able to control his minority atoms. So I'm pretty sure that controling your minority atoms is peak point of your strength and ichiryuu and midora are the strongest characters in the manga so far and their minority space/world technique is the best and hardest technique to attain by controlling something in micro-level in other words exceptional 10 atoms out of 100 atoms for example according to mangaka which is also related to square root law. So there is a long road waiting for our four kings to reach that level.
Old 2013-09-17, 14:44   Link #1120
marvelB

Chinese scans are out earlier again this week:

Spoiler for Toriko 250:

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen