Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 08:24   Link #1
Xion Valkyrie

Shounen Oujo

Description:

Quote:
In a country where women rule supreme lives a poor but happy boy named Albert. An excursion to the city turns dangerous when he and his friend are abducted by slave traders, and later purchased by a noblewoman's servant. If this wasn't crazy enough, it turns out Albert looks exactly like the noblewoman who purchased him. But she's no ordinary aristocrat. She's a princess! And he's to act as her double from today on!?
Seems to be a very new series. Only 7 chapters out so far but a lot of story has been covered. The art is really cute but the story seems to have gotten a lot darker. Chapter 7 especially was a major game changer which completely took me by surprise. Anyways, read it so I have someone to discuss the story with!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 08:38   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

In the story, the woman of the Queendom turn all of the men into slaves because men fought a lot and were mostly responsible with the country's problem. So how on earth did the country survive till know? Wouldn't this made the other kingdoms attack them?

Spoiler for About Albert:
Old 2012-01-14, 08:42   Link #3
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
In the story, the woman of the Queendom turn all of the men into slaves because men fought a lot and were mostly responsible with the country's problem. So how on earth did the country survive till know? Wouldn't this made the other kingdoms attack them?
Because now the women controls just how much the men fight, thereby bringing about efficiency in the use of resources and manpower?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 08:44   Link #4
Xion Valkyrie

It seems like they survived from the Queen's shrewd political maneuvering since they'd lose in any kind of direct confrontations

They probably had to make a lot of concessions though, hence why all the neighboring countries were looking to snatch up her daughter.
Old 2012-01-14, 09:58   Link #5
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
read till recent chapter...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-01-14 at 15:50.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 00:22   Link #6
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dang! Someone beat me up first at opening the thread to discuss this manga.

I have to be honest that this is a very well thought out manga. Not only the story has turned towards a drastic turn, but the main characters are likeable and engaging.

It's been only the entire first volume I've finished to read, but the author ended the first arc with quite a stunner.
Spoiler:

The hints covered and implied from the portrait Albert kept staring at the Royal Palace in the first chapter through bearing physical resemblance to Alexia and up to Guys' memories are both suggestive and likely definite:
Spoiler:

Now I feeling like listening to Beethoven's 7th Symphony, 2nd Movement Allegreto whenever I read the part in the manga's seventh chapter where....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:02   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Volume 2 of the manga is out.

Spoiler for ch8:
Old 2012-10-25, 22:12   Link #8
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I read the chapter yesterday.

Comparing the two-years timeskip between Albert and Theodore gave me the vibes to Elric syndrome.

I mean before the timeskip Theodore was this runt smaller to Albert in stature, and two years later the stature for both boys were reversed.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 08:43   Link #9
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I didn't think much after the first chapter, but as I kept on reading it, the social differences between the women and men interested me, so I kept with it. I'm so glad I did. As I saw Alexia's resolve to want to understand her people(and eventually Albert wanting to help her realize her dream), that gave me the desire to see how she'll fare in her newfound desire to save the people of her country. That's exactly why Alexia's death really got to me, even though I should have seen it coming . Even worse was how no one but Albert and Guy could truly mourn her death(well, maybe the Queen, since she eventually noticed Al wasn't Alexia). To take up Alexia's dream like Al did really sold the series for me.

I'm far from a shounen ai reader, but Guy's fixation to see Al as Alexia is almost borders on insanity. I originally thought Guy was just a pedo/lolicon, but he really shows that his love for Alexia holds no bounds. I actually want to see how Guy/Al's relationship is going to progress from here on out, romantic or otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I mean before the timeskip Theodore was this runt smaller to Albert in stature, and two years later the stature for both boys were reversed.
Well, you have to consider that Albert used some techniques to prevent him from becoming more like a guy, so maybe that had something to do with his lack of growth.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 11:33   Link #10
erapath

Maybe I'm wrong, but...
Spoiler for for ch10-14::
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:55   Link #11
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'd be really surprised if Oliver was actually a girl. I get the feeling the castration story isn't just a story. I'm a bit confused about the chronological order though. If the Queen was Oliver's mother, and he/she is clearly older than Albert....bleh. My brain hurts from trying to understand this.

The story clearly tries to reinforce that Albert is a guy (but that could be a giant red herring), but I'm not clear on the birthing order of the twins or what happened to them shortly after they were born. The only things clear to me are Albert being the orphan, Alexia being the princess, and Oliver being the outcast.
Old 2012-12-04, 13:31   Link #12
Xion Valkyrie

I must have missed the part where they said they castrated him, I thought it was just drugs and hormone suppressants.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:19   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok, volume 2 just left me confused.
Spoiler for vol 2 recap:

Now to wait for volume 3.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:01   Link #14
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Volume 3 is out!

Spoiler for c15:
Old 2015-12-18, 08:06   Link #15
LKK

Thread moved to the current manga section because new chapters have been released.

Edit: forgot to unlock th thread. Fixed.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2015-12-18 at 11:04.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 11:44   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

After sometime, there's new chapters for Shounen Oujo
Spoiler for latest chapters:
Old 2015-12-27, 09:20   Link #17
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c23:
Old 2015-12-27, 18:01   Link #18
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This manga still good? Thinking about getting back into this. Could use some motivation =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 03:44   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Volume 4 has ended.
Spoiler for volume 4 end:

Can't wait for the next volume.