AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-13, 19:17   Link #1
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Negima!? Haru (Spring) OVA

Just watched the preview and intro and it looks awesome. It has a lot of fanservice and the animation/style is really cool. Negi's magic looks awesome!
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-13, 19:21   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, shouldn't there be a thread so we can talk about the OAV?
Old 2006-08-13, 19:52   Link #3
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Hmm, shouldn't there be a thread so we can talk about the OAV?
Yea, looked at that preview too and the animation looks great. Fanservice out the wazoo too...

I loved the way they animated Negi doing a spell and drawing into the air.
Old 2006-08-13, 20:48   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

that does look good..... now lets hope some fansub group is chomping at the bit to Negify us...

That is the preview DVD packaged with volume 15 of the manga release in japan, isn't it?

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-13 at 21:01.
Old 2006-08-13, 22:15   Link #5
ZODDGUTS

Okay I just saw the preview OVA and I gotta say I loved it. It had a nice opening song and much more interesting animation used in the opening then what Xebec did for it's anime.

The direction used in the anime looks pretty good too which is what expected by Akiyuki Shinbo.

... Nice fanservice shots too.

And for KonokaXSetsuna fans you'll love your gonna see.

Looks like this anime has capture the "essence" that makes Negima so great something that the other Negima anime couldn't do.
Old 2006-08-13, 23:27   Link #6
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I've also just seen the preview, and any doubts I had about this new animation style are right out the window. Sure I can complain about the hair colors, but it's such a trivial matter now that I've seen that the other aspects are just spot-on. I mean, Natsumi with green hair is a little awkward, but they're also going to implement her simple round-eyed look that's just so darn adorable!

EDIT: Whoa...found something odd while going through the frames...When Natsumi first appears at the edge of the screen, her hair is Chizuru's color (which is actually more of her natural color).

And I'd like to say that though this OVA is based on something that happened in the manga, the new series will be mostly original material.

Last edited by Maximum Burst; 2006-08-13 at 23:48.
Old 2006-08-14, 06:49   Link #7
ZODDGUTS

Heh I noticed that too maybe they changed their minds but didn't notice that her original color at that frame scene.

They could end up changing the hair color to some of the characters back in it's original form in the manga when the TV series starts but it's not that big of a deal as long the series is good.
Old 2006-08-14, 07:15   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think i'll just post what i said in the other forum~

The animation is perfect for Negima. I could pretty much tell it would be from seeing the posters/scans in the past, but it actually means a lot more when being able to see them in action. Each character looks just how they should look in a anime, right down to the colors used.

It seems they'll sticking to the summer beach arc every step of the way.. even looks like we'll be getting more that'll add upto it being a OVA.

With the remake airing later this year, this really is a good start to Negima of the future, but still - the original series shall always have a special place within me. ^^
Old 2006-08-14, 10:11   Link #9
EdenB
Overlord

It seems too much fanservice to me, but it might just be because it's the preview and they want to get as much as possible in there to attract people.

I do like the animation, though it's hard to recognise some of the less used characters. The different music kept reminding me of various other soundtracks though for some reason.
Old 2006-08-14, 10:48   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB
It seems too much fanservice to me, but it might just be because it's the preview and they want to get as much as possible in there to attract people.
Its Negima, so that amount of fanservice shall be used in the OVA.

Quote:
I do like the animation, though it's hard to recognise some of the less used characters.
There's no such thing as a less used character in Negima, each of them are special to the show, and we'll see that in the OVA.
Old 2006-08-14, 11:36   Link #11
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Its Negima, so that amount of fanservice shall be used in the OVA.
What I meant is the fanservice/anything else ratio in the preview VS the OVA itself. It seems like at least 60% of the preview is fanservice so I assume in the OVA they'll take some time for story too.

Quote:
There's no such thing as a less used character in Negima, each of them are special to the show, and we'll see that in the OVA.
Even in the manga you don't seem to see Satsuki and Zazie anywhere near as much as you see Asuna, Nodoka or Evangeline.
Old 2006-08-14, 12:35   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Even in the manga you don't seem to see Satsuki and Zazie anywhere near as much as you see Asuna, Nodoka or Evangeline.
Of course, they're the main characters out of the whole cast, but still - saying we shouldn't see the others just as much is damn right wrong.

Each character means something to the story, and i for one want to see each of them around the same amount.
Old 2006-08-14, 12:49   Link #13
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Of course, they're the main characters out of the whole cast, but still - saying we shouldn't see the others just as much is damn right wrong.

Each character means something to the story, and i for one want to see each of them around the same amount.
No-one said we should not see the others as much. O.o Just that it is hard to recognise some of the characters that we do not see as much, due to changes and new animation.

Each character does mean something to the story, but it is up to whoever is writing the script to decide how much we see who.
Old 2006-08-14, 12:51   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I suspect that six minute preview contained every single frame of fanservice the much longer full OVA has. I doubt it is nearly that pervasive in the full show.

I will say they seem to have amped up the curves on many of the young ladies in the PPD style.
Old 2006-08-14, 16:22   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I will say they seem to have amped up the curves on many of the young ladies in the PPD style.
I'll agree with that, though its no shock they've been added to make the style work more for the beach story.
Old 2006-08-16, 10:44   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Negima OVA will be launched on October 25th.

Source. Starchild
Old 2006-08-16, 14:50   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

wierd... I would have marketed the OVAs *prior* to the start of the new series as a hype factor. Doesn't sound like their production channels are all synchronized.
Old 2006-08-16, 14:59   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
The Negima OVA will be launched on October 25th.

Source. Starchild
Isn't that the new TV series?

And the OVA that we're on about airs this friday.
Old 2006-08-17, 17:21   Link #19
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Isn't that the new TV series?

And the OVA that we're on about airs this friday.
No, that's the website for the Negima!? Haru OVA. At the bottom, it says October 25 is the release date for the OVA's Special Edition DVD. It will have two discs: the first disc will have the OVA while the second disc contains bonuses such as a Making Of segment, a booklet, and other extras.
Old 2006-08-17, 17:40   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
No, that's the website for the Negima!? Haru OVA. At the bottom, it says October 25 is the release date for the OVA's Special Edition DVD. It will have two discs: the first disc will have the OVA while the second disc contains bonuses such as a Making Of segment, a booklet, and other extras.
Got mixed up, i thought it was saying thats when the OVA is airing.

Airing tomorrow, so i'll have to preorder the DVD this week. ^__^