AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 14:59   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 543 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-05-19, 15:01   Link #2
james0246

Here is the spoiler as found on various other forums:

Quote:
Provided by bvOTKk1mXg
Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL

Somehow Shiryuu's at the gate entrance.
Blackbeard: Ooh? Someone strong looking just came out. Is it Magellan?
Shiryuu: So you're Marshall D. Teach?

The two stare at each other.

Hannyabal can do nothing but endure Luffy's fierce attack.

Blackbeard and crew materialize before Luffy with his ability.
(Shiryuu's not there.)
So you're our former commander's little brother, huh?
Is it all right to be eating up time here in this place? They're gonna enforce his penalty. Gehaha.

End.
This seems a little fake, so I will wait to comment until later.
Old 2009-05-19, 15:24   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If Shiryuu was defeated that quickly, then, for me, either Blackbeard is as powerful as the strongest man alive (Whitebeard, and put there the admirals) or Luffy would have also beaten him. But, I don't think Shiryuu will be wasted that easily. Even though he doesn't deserve as much screen time as Ace did, still he should get a lot more than nothing.

Anyways, it is at least expected to state one thing correctly, Luffy and Blackbeard meeting before Luffy leaves Impel Down. I don't mind seeing that to take place in this chapter.
Old 2009-05-19, 15:28   Link #4
ZeroForever

honestly i saw that and i'm doubtful but with all the plot twists like black beard last chapter i would have to say keep a open mind as anything seems possible in one piece atm.
Old 2009-05-19, 15:49   Link #5
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Blackbeard and crew materialize before Luffy with his ability.
(Shiryuu's not there.)
So you're our former commander's little brother, huh?
Im sorry but what? Materialize? Blackbeard?
Sounds more like the fake dreams of an obsessed OP fan.

The events are just so random.If I get it right BB meets with Shiryu and then teleports to level six lol
Old 2009-05-19, 15:57   Link #6
kakakka

Shiryuu and Blackbeard meeting that fast....can't believe it.

Mangas are too fast these days ><
Old 2009-05-19, 16:27   Link #7
Rurik
Golden

And how Would Shiryu identify BB as Martial D Teach that quickly and just by looking at him?
Old 2009-05-19, 16:28   Link #8
james0246

The fact that Blackbeard's laugh is off is really what makes me question the spoiler. Blackbeard's distinct laught is "Zehahaha" not "Gehahaha" as shown in this spoiler (both the untranslated and translated versions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
And how Would Shiryu identify BB as Martial D Teach that quickly and just by looking at him?
Technically, Shiryuu already knows that Blackbeard is in the jail, so he could have simply approached the strongest looking member and called them by Blackbeard's real name.
Old 2009-05-19, 16:48   Link #9
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
It would be funny though if Blackbeard would like Luffy to help save Ace. That would prove that he might walk over dead bodies for his goal, but he's still a good guy - like the time when he said cool stuff about dreams after Belamy beat Luffy and Zoro.
Old 2009-05-19, 18:16   Link #10
marvelB

Well, as I figured, Blackbeard seems to have no business with Luffy, since he (or someone in his crew, anyway) is merely taunting him. He's most likely just going to let him do his thing while he goes down to level 6 and liberates the prisoners down there as previously speculated. Also, we still don't know whether or not Shiryuu joined Teach or was defeated by him, but I have a feeling we won't find out the result of their meeting this chapter, anyway (personally, I think it may be a combination of both cases here. Shiryuu will probably be interested in joining Teach since that would be his ticket out of death row).....

Oh, and poor Hannyabal. It looks like he'll be taken out this chapter, as well. I hope we at least see him put up some kind of fight before he's KO'ed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The fact that Blackbeard's laugh is off is really what makes me question the spoiler. Blackbeard's distinct laught is "Zehahaha" not "Gehahaha" as shown in this spoiler (both the untranslated and translated versions).

Chances are, it probably wasn't even Blackbeard who talked to Luffy, but one of his other homeboys (Burgess can be ruled out since he has a "WEEEHAHAHA" laugh). Either that, or the spoiler provider mistyped Blackbeard's laughter.....
Old 2009-05-20, 01:57   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not sure about it, Blackbeard materializing somewhere else? He's not Kizaru...and BB can't possibly HELP Luffy save Ace, since he's the one who locked him in (if he did, he'd lose his status rather fast, and WB doesn't forget or forgive). On the other hand having BB fight Luffy here would kill his time, he still has to get past Magellan and,by this spoiler, maybe Shiryuu as well, so he'd get to Ace's place in a few days...
Old 2009-05-20, 04:07   Link #12
james0246

So, spoiler pics are out. It seems the spoiler is confirmed, and then some. The cover-page mini-stories are going to be focused on the other Strawhats, with Sanji's story being the first introduced - it seems that he is running from the new Okama Queen (whose weilding a giant butterfly net, attempting to capture the horrified Sanji ), there is lots of textual info that is very hard to read in the current scans. Additionally, Ivankov turns into a hot girl to properly battle Sadi-chan, who is putting up a hell of a fight, Hannyabal also puts up a decent fight, though he is beaten mercilessly. But, it is Blackbeard (who suddenly appears), that takes out Hannyabal for good. And, it looks like Luffy recognized Blackbeard right away, thought the scan is a bit unclear. It definetly looks, though, like Blackbeard is telling Luffy to go after Ace. All in all, Pretty cool .
Old 2009-05-20, 04:59   Link #13
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, spoiler pics are out. It seems the spoiler is confirmed, and then some. The cover-page mini-stories are going to be focused on the other Strawhats, with Sanji's story being the first introduced - it seems that he is running from the new Okama Queen (whose weilding a giant butterfly net, attempting to capture the horrified Sanji )
Note the pic of Iwa on the top left.

Quote:
Additionally, Ivankov turns into a hot girl to properly battle Sadi-chan, who is putting up a hell of a fight, Hannyabal also puts up a decent fight, though he is beaten mercilessly.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Luffy hits Hannyabal with a Jet Gattling. Can't see the text for "jet" (cut off?) but Luffy seems to be in Gear-2. However, even after that attack, Hannyabal wasn't KO - though could barely stand.

They're currently at the entrance to Level 3.

Quote:
But, it is Blackbeard (who suddenly appears), that takes out Hannyabal for good. And, it looks like Luffy recognized Blackbeard right away, thought the scan is a bit unclear. It definetly looks, though, like Blackbeard is telling Luffy to go after Ace. All in all, Pretty cool .
He's not telling Luffy to go after Ace - but taunting him: you happy to hang out here? Your brother's going to be executed soon! Zehaha.

Bit hard to make out the exact sequence of events, but Blackbeard recalls that he never told Luffy his name, and this is where Luffy finds out that this guy = Blackbeard. At the end, Luffy is looking more than a bit angry and is saying "You're Blackbeard?". In an earlier pic, there's a "buchi" sfx on Luffy, which basically means "snap"...
Old 2009-05-20, 06:42   Link #14
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

So this makes me wonder...Since he is creating black holes, can he travel inside them without getting crushed? Else why only Blackbeard appears down there all of a sudden? Oh +^! can it be the Blackbeard pacifista!

Spoiler for x:
Old 2009-05-20, 07:47   Link #15
marvelB

So a Straw-Hat ministory is confirmed after all. I'm a little disappointed that Oda skipped out on Foxy again, but otherwise I've got no complaints. Besides, it'll be great to see the whole crew again. Heh, I wonder what wacky adventure poor ol' Sanji will have in Kamabakka (and yeah, I noticed the portrait of Iva as well)....

I'm really glad that we're actually seeing Hannyabal fight seriously now (he actually looked pretty badass in that one pic where he's facing off against Luffy). It's also pretty amusing to see Iva take on Sadi, too (funny how Oda had Iva change into a "full" woman to have those two fight....). Plus, as I also figured, we still haven't seen the result of the meeting between Blackbeard and Shiryuu (and it will probably be some time before we do find out what happened between them). Anyway, even though Luffy's looking mighty pissed at Teach there, I still don't think that we'll see a fight between them now, especially since there's so little time left to save Ace (Luffy would just get thrashed by him now, anyway). They'll probably just exchange a few words before they both go their seperate ways.....

So yeah, awesome chapter and all that.
Old 2009-05-20, 07:48   Link #16
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

hmmmm, i have new found respect for hannyabal. he is able to stand so many attacks from luffy and tt is not wat any ppl can do. i think luffy is in 2nd gear and this make it really impressive. too bad he is KO by the incoming blackbeard.

i wonder wat really happen to shiryuu. i doubt he is a cannon fodder considering the build up to his appearance
Old 2009-05-20, 08:05   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPaladin View Post
hmmmm, i have new found respect for hannyabal. he is able to stand so many attacks from luffy and tt is not wat any ppl can do. i think luffy is in 2nd gear and this make it really impressive. too bad he is KO by the incoming blackbeard.

Yeah, the fact that Hannyabal can withstand a Gear 2 assault from Luffy definitely proves that he's no weakling. The only reason he got himself ambushed by Bon Clay earlier was because...... well, he just wasn't so bright. Still, we had prior hints that he was pretty tough (beating up Buggy and Mr. 3 so easily, walking around level 5 half-naked), so it's great to actually see him in action here. Now that he's been taken out, it looks like the only threat left is Magellan (I wouldn't consider Blackbeard to be huge threat to Luffy until much later).....
Old 2009-05-20, 08:51   Link #18
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

He is mostly a physically strong kind, more like a low-IQ giant. He may survive a jet pistol, but he would lose against a jet gatling. Or Luffy could have just used gear 3 to reach the same conclusion.

And the moment Blackbeard and Luffy meet seems to be an intense one. I wish we could have the last page, which may show Luffy's final decision.

I also missed Sanji. He seems to be still suffering (run Sanji run). But soon he will meet the person who may give him the girl he desires: Iva the female beauty.
Old 2009-05-20, 09:03   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
He is mostly a physically strong kind, more like a low-IQ giant. He may survive a jet pistol, but he would lose against a jet gatling. Or Luffy could have just used gear 3 to reach the same conclusion.

According to the script, Luffy uses both Jet Gatling AND Bazooka against Hannyabal, yet he still managed to (barely) withstand it before Blackbeard appeared. He can definitely take the pain, even if he can't dish it out as well as Magellan or Shiryuu.....
Old 2009-05-20, 09:11   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I didn't see that part. I only checked the picture on that part. I will check the script.

Alright, I checked and still couldn't see. Are those stated in the non-translated parts of the chapter?

Anyways, if that is the case, then it makes me think whether he uses a special technique to increase his durability, kind of like tekkai. Maybe this is his power.
Closed Thread