Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-10, 03:31   Link #81
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Unlike Kamille, Kamil IS man's name though.
That's exactly what I said in my comment that you quoted.
Old 2022-05-10, 03:49   Link #82
Tenzen12

Oh. Make sense. I didn't notice it was you so I misunderstood it as ironic statement. You may have wrong opinions, but you definitely have your facts straight and possibly most knowledge about MSG franchise here.
Old 2022-05-10, 05:07   Link #83
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
-What my language have to do with this? In first my language doesn't have Maino nor any of it's derivates. Thus I am genuinely confused what point are you trying to make.
Luckily I made sure in my initial post that I was talking about BOTH SIDE of the argument, so you could clearly see that if that was something you weren't doing, maybe that wasn't a part that your side, or you specifically, were doing, but were referring to others in the thread, and therefore were not confused, right? Right?

But anyway, the main (yes, Main) point here is : the whole discussion about how to spell her name correctly is silly. The original "spelling" is マイン . Spell it Mine, Myne, Myn, Main, Meine, Mein, Mhyne, Mhayn, it doesn't matter, what matters is how you PRONOUNCE it, as this is the only thing that is absolute in the original material. Spell it like you want, as long as your interlocutor understand who you're talking about.

Like, I read the novels in Japanese. To me all of your spelling are equivalent. Quite often when I speak with others about bookworm I end up not knowing what spelling is used in the English book for said character, place etc, so I have to improvise. It happens ALL THE TIME. As long as the other understand, it's fine.
Old 2022-05-10, 05:14   Link #84
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, why am I getting strong LGTBQ vibes from the head priest, Sylvester and Benno? ^^
Because this is a Series with a Female Lead character and written by a Woman, so it can be considered as a Shoujo/Josei target Series. And it's common for Japanese Women Authors to include "Boys' Love" (BL) scenario in their stories, because apparently Japanese Women like those stuff.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 09:19   Link #85
zeross87

yeah rejoice a pedo noble is comming you have a.... wait why would i be glad about that ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 09:58   Link #86
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Because this is a Series with a Female Lead character and written by a Woman, so it can be considered as a Shoujo/Josei target Series.
That's... not how demographics actually work, and if we're talking yaoi bait there's plenty of it in shonen manga, at least as far as fujoshi are concerned.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 15:55   Link #87
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Because this is a Series with a Female Lead character and written by a Woman, so it can be considered as a Shoujo/Josei target Series. And it's common for Japanese Women Authors to include "Boys' Love" (BL) scenario in their stories, because apparently Japanese Women like those stuff.
There's no such vibes in Bookworm's novels. That would be a massive stretch to find some in there tbh. A stretch that obviously fujoshi are more than willing to do, but that's another story

And also yeah, that's not how demographics work at all.
Old 2022-05-10, 21:23   Link #88
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
That would be a massive stretch to find some in there tbh. A stretch that obviously fujoshi are more than willing to do, but that's another story
Whenever someone asks about whether there's shipping potential between two characters, my go-to answer is, "There is if you want there to be."

Meanwhile, one thing I forgot to mention was that I loved Main trying to get her mother to do Lamaze breathing during labor. How long has that technique been around?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 22:52   Link #89
Strahan

And here I thought Delia had maybe come around from working with Myne, but I guess not.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 00:24   Link #90
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
There's no such vibes in Bookworm's novels. That would be a massive stretch to find some in there tbh. A stretch that obviously fujoshi are more than willing to do, but that's another story .
Well, I don't know. The interaction between the Head Priest, Sylvester and Benno in the last episode was kinda... off. Especially Sylvester and Benno. Or maybe there's something else going on of which I am not aware yet, but it was most definitely brought to attention in the show.
Old 2022-05-11, 09:47   Link #91
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm a bit surprised Damuel doesn't stay at Myne's home when she's there. Presumably her enemies know where she lives, and I'm not convinced her father could fight off a bunch of kidnappers alone.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 12:47   Link #92
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Her enemies don't know who she is yet, just her name, and from what we saw in a previous season, commoners DO NOT like divulging information to anyone
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 19:28   Link #93
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
yeah rejoice a pedo noble is comming you have a.... wait why would i be glad about that ?
He isn't a Pedo Noble. He is only interested in devouring children that he can make into slaves to work for him.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-11, 19:41   Link #94
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I don't know. The interaction between the Head Priest, Sylvester and Benno in the last episode was kinda... off. Especially Sylvester and Benno. Or maybe there's something else going on of which I am not aware yet, but it was most definitely brought to attention in the show.
If you look at what happened, Sylvester is obviously a noble of higher rank than Ferdinand and Karstedt since he took command during the ambush so it is highly unlikely that he is a Priest. And Damuel and Benno were both scared to death when they obviously recognized him. He probably came to vet Main for becoming a Noble and the Pendant means she passed. It is likely that he knows everything that Ferdinand knows.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 01:58   Link #95
magnuskn

Alright, that makes a lot of sense.
Old 2022-05-12, 02:30   Link #96
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
He isn't a Pedo Noble. He is only interested in devouring children that he can make into slaves to work for him.
rofl i know but she told it like that to delia
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 02:40   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm a bit surprised Damuel doesn't stay at Myne's home when she's there. Presumably her enemies know where she lives, and I'm not convinced her father could fight off a bunch of kidnappers alone.
They don't. Very few people know that "Myne, the commoner blue shrine maiden" and "Myne, the sickly girl from the poor part of town" are the same person. For that matter, even the connection between either of those and "the Gilberta company girl" isn't widespread knowledge.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 07:17   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
rofl i know but she told it like that to delia
Because Delia has been looking to become a noble's mistress for quite some time now.
Old 2022-05-16, 16:44   Link #99
magnuskn

Well, it certainly seems that the big conflict of this season is about to arrive rather sooner than later. The baby at the orphanage kinda seems like a distraction from everything else, although it might turn Delia around in the end from reporting on Myne.
Old 2022-05-16, 18:20   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the new evil plot is to have an evil noble from another province or whatever where the same rules don't apply "adopt" Myne.

The baby is pretty much just there to provide Delia a reason to stay instead of trying to become a noble's mistress. At least that's what Myne is planning, and it'll probably work.