AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-14, 14:02   Link #81
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Episode 3 was really funny. Seeing all those rivals teaming up... it really reminded me of GetBackers.

Looks like we'll see that little girl again in episode 4.
Old 2004-11-14, 15:25   Link #82
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Just saw 03:
Spoiler for 03:

Now anxiously awaiting 04...sigh another week of waiting...
Old 2004-11-14, 16:05   Link #83
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, at least Sunabozu gets to be really cool, and insane, in this episode, surely an enjoyable episode
Old 2004-11-14, 19:02   Link #84
Rikichi

Sunabozu VERY GREAT, funnier and pleasant of the last times!
Old 2004-11-15, 19:56   Link #85
DeepFreeze

I must confess I didn't have high hopes for this show, but after 3 episodes it has become, without a doubt, my new favorite for this season. What puts Sunabouzu worlds beyond that Grenadier garbage is that it doesn't take itself even a little bit seriously, while the ladder repeatedly bogs itself down with philosophical crap. The scene where Junka cracks up laughing when Sunabouzu *ahem* "grabs the key" is hilarious. The over-the-top BBB (which I'm not entirely sure if it's actually poking fun at fan service or just in there as fan service itself), deceitful characters, and completely silly action scenes has definately earned my respect for this show.

It's also odd to see a main character that is not handsome at all. I was really getting tired of having to see the same steroptypical main character over and over in every show (and don't even get me started on the overused and abused "Completely oblivious to the 70 girls that happen to live in my house that are madly in love with me" archtype). At first I thought it was going to be another stupid ecchi/drama show(sort of like Love Hina, except with the guns). However, after 3 episodes it seems like it's trying to break some rules and strut out into some new territory, which I'm very fond of. Definately on my watch list now.
Old 2004-11-17, 05:44   Link #86
kujoe
from head to heel

Amazing. Just when you thought that Sunabouzu was just a runt with a few devious tricks up his sleeve, he goes crazy and actually proves his worth.

Spoiler:

Bring on episode 4!
Old 2004-11-17, 08:24   Link #87
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Kanta/Sunabouzu in full postal mode somehow reminds me of Shonen Bat. Maybe it's the teeth, wild hair and boomstick.
Old 2004-11-21, 12:49   Link #88
Rikichi

Lunar it is being long a lot.
Old 2004-11-27, 20:48   Link #89
Testing321

Since Sunabouzu is getting close to it's next bi-weekly insallment (realeases once every 2 weeks it seems, with this Monday being the next release), I thought I would bump this thread back up to the forefront...
Old 2004-11-29, 19:01   Link #90
Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing321
Since Sunabouzu is getting close to it's next bi-weekly insallment (realeases once every 2 weeks it seems, with this Monday being the next release), I thought I would bump this thread back up to the forefront...
We needed more Fansubers
Old 2004-11-29, 19:42   Link #91
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing321
If this about airing intervals, it doesn't air every two weeks but once a week. So far (including today) nine episodes have been aired.
Old 2004-12-01, 17:11   Link #92
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
If this about airing intervals, it doesn't air every two weeks but once a week. So far (including today) nine episodes have been aired.

I wish some one else would fansub this at a faster pace
Old 2004-12-03, 10:45   Link #93
Reticia

Let's ask Dattebayo to fansub it
Old 2004-12-08, 11:40   Link #94
Spaceghost

I was thinking there must be some reason why only one group is subbing it and they seem to be doing it more like a side project than anything else.

It is made by Gonzo and seems to be fairly main stream so I wonder why no one else is subbing it.
Old 2004-12-08, 13:01   Link #95
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

I strikes me odd anyway that Lunar is giving priority to series like Uta-Kata and Grenadier which seem way less enjoyable.

It's a matter of opinion ofcourse, but It would be cool if lunar made a poll and let the fans decide.
Old 2004-12-08, 14:31   Link #96
Lindus

Lunar's priorities

I suspect Grenadier might be easier to sub as it is in general sedate in pace while Sunabouzu can be rather intense and thus mean much more work. And, in the end, this is all done on a voluntary basis and we all know time is limited.
However, this series is just funny enough that I might d/l the raws just for the fun of it.

One thing that always fascinate me is the lack of gravity when it comes to boobs. It's like they float on their own independent of what gravity it is in the rest of the vicinity, and this goes for all anime, from Cowboy Bebop to Grenadier to Vandread, and of course, Sunabouzu. But hey, it's just anime, so it doesn't have to have any scientific relation at all Not even PlanetES was consistent in that respect even though they claimed they tried to be as realistic as possible.

Ok, enough ranting, Lunar keep up the GREAT WORK!!! And we're looking forward to the next episode soon (please?)

With hopes they all have a fabulous week end,
/Lindus
Old 2004-12-08, 14:56   Link #97
fiberOptiC
LunarAnime video wizard

We are continuing it. Ep 4 is in the works. Unfortunately we have a small staff for the number of projects we are working on. Also the tler was pretty busy and got behind tling it. I asked him if we were dropping it and he replied "NOW WAY FOOL!" So expect some more releases soon. I like the show so I'll make sure it gets done.
Old 2004-12-08, 15:23   Link #98
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

as always only the quality subbing groups do the good shows. The crappy shows are always done by more than 3 or 4 groups.
Old 2004-12-10, 16:20   Link #99
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
as always only the quality subbing groups do the good shows. The crappy shows are always done by more than 3 or 4 groups.
That would mean that Last Exile was utter crap, Monster is utter crap, Bleach is utter crap, Naruto is utter crap. Well it's a matter op opinion ofcourse.
And it does hold some truth

But don't get me wrong. I think Lunar is the best fansub group out there.
They have a wide variety of shows, high quality translation, and the thing that distuigishes them from other groups is the humor in their translation without losing meaning of the true translation.

Simply heaven.
Old 2004-12-13, 14:52   Link #100
Reticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
But don't get me wrong. I think Lunar is the best fansub group out there.
They have a wide variety of shows, high quality translation, and the thing that distuigishes them from other groups is the humor in their translation without losing meaning of the true translation.
+1 Plus, they are doing Bleach and Sunabozu, two of the bests recent shows
Closed Thread