AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-01, 11:54   Link #2521
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It is the only logical choice, knowing how slow Hoshino is.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 14:21   Link #2522
Diveman

well this is certainly not what I was expecting, but still better than not having anything. Now I need to re-read who knows how many chapters to remember what the hell was going on
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 16:39   Link #2523
Zefyris
図書館狼

As both the picture and the tweet says, Sorry, that's not what is written on that cover. Except if more information are available somewhere else, this is NOT announcing the return of D.Gray man but the creation of a new manga magazine called Jump SQ.Crown .
To celebrate the occasion, it will get a cover and central color pages as well as a poster with writting from the author on it, all of this from DGrayman's author (and all of this will be about Dgray man obviously). That's in reference to the Crown Clown obviously.

This isn't announcing new manga chapter of dgrayman. This will instead include lots of new authors that they hope will "hold the future of SQ".

So just like the part with the goodies from to love ru darkness, it's just a way to promote that new magazine, by attracting fans of to love ru and dgray man to buy it for a the few goodies, and have them read the new authors to try getting readers.
Old 2015-07-01, 22:12   Link #2524
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Well, considering it's Hoshino Katsura, I can't even see her doing S.Q. considering the rapid quality drop in monthly pace back then. I guess this is for the best...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
As both the picture and the tweet says, Sorry, that's not what is written on that cover. Except if more information are available somewhere else, this is NOT announcing the return of D.Gray man but the creation of a new manga magazine called Jump SQ.Crown .
To celebrate the occasion, it will get a cover and central color pages as well as a poster with writing from the author on it, all of this from DGrayman's author (and all of this will be about Dgray man obviously). That's in reference to the Crown Clown obviously.

This isn't announcing new manga chapter of dgrayman. This will instead include lots of new authors that they hope will "hold the future of SQ".
For the record, that's how magazine indicates "chapter with coloured cover page" (aka CP) for a series.

As for this being "not a D'GrayMan new chapter"... Unlike TLR (which only is attached as a poster) and Kekkai Sensen, the latter which is most likely a side story with the subtitle indication (EDIT: Oops, I thought Kekkai Sensen resumed in SQ lol scratch that then!), it's D'Gray-Man most likely coming back with new chapter, and will be serialized in the seasonal magazine. There is no indication of it being a "side-story", and the preview page imply that it's legitimately going to stay there as one of the "seller titles" to avoid JUMP NEXT's situation

Oh yeah, the congratulatory messages and possible short side-stories are actually from Jump S.Q's authors.

But we'll see how it goes when leak comes out. I think Katsura really want to do D'Gray Man back, to be honest.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2015-07-02 at 02:33.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 22:26   Link #2525
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Well, considering it's Hoshino Katsura, I can't even see her doing S.Q. considering the rapid quality drop in monthly pace back then. I guess this is for the best...?

For the record, that's how magazine indicates "chapter with coloured cover page" (aka CP) for a series.

As for this being "not a D'GrayMan new chapter"... Unlike TLR (which only is attached as a poster) and Kekkai Sensen, the latter which is most likely a side story with the subtitle indication, it's D'Gray-Man most likely coming back with new chapter, and will be serialized in the seasonal magazine. There is no indication of it being a "side-story", and the preview page imply that it's legitimately going to stay there as one of the "seller titles" to avoid JUMP NEXT's situation

Oh yeah, the congratulatory messages and possible short side-stories are actually from Jump S.Q's authors.

But we'll see how it goes when leak comes out. I think Katsura really want to do D'Gray Man back, to be honest.
Who knows why she stopped for so long in the first place....
Old 2015-07-01, 22:38   Link #2526
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

My interpretation?
After she got sick back then, she probably think it is no longer worth it to overwork herself anymore.
And she probably have enough savings from the money she made back then to not work for a long time.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 05:08   Link #2527
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post

As for this being "not a D'GrayMan new chapter"... Unlike TLR (which only is attached as a poster) and Kekkai Sensen, the latter which is most likely a side story with the subtitle indication (EDIT: Oops, I thought Kekkai Sensen resumed in SQ lol scratch that then!), it's D'Gray-Man most likely coming back with new chapter, and will be serialized in the seasonal magazine. There is no indication of it being a "side-story", and the preview page imply that it's legitimately going to stay there as one of the "seller titles" to avoid JUMP NEXT's situation

So when they announce "color page" it meants chapter+with at least one colour page" then ? I see, I usually don't really look at manga announcement, so I didn't know that. No wonder I couldn't see the new chapter being mentioned anywhere.
Thanks for the information. That's a good news then.
Old 2015-07-02, 09:18   Link #2528
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
My interpretation?
After she got sick back then, she probably think it is no longer worth it to overwork herself anymore.
And she probably have enough savings from the money she made back then to not work for a long time.
Yeah....but why does she want to start again now? And wasn't she making anime designs even during her hiatus?
Old 2015-07-02, 10:50   Link #2529
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah....but why does she want to start again now? And wasn't she making anime designs even during her hiatus?
it could very likely that she managed to have quite a lot of draft during her hiatus off time, she doesn't have to draw as much but write something now and then, and now the draft accumulated quite a lot so there might not be as much work compare to before???

That's quite a good new, i have been a follower of D.grayman for a long time.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 11:24   Link #2530
@GEMC

Four Chapters a year? how dissappointing
Old 2015-07-02, 13:56   Link #2531
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
Four Chapters a year? how dissappointing
at least i hope to see an end of this manga not like
high school of the dead or Iris zero those two on long Hiatus
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 16:39   Link #2532
@GEMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
at least i hope to see an end of this manga not like
high school of the dead or Iris zero those two on long Hiatus
do you think there be a chance for d gray man to go back by weekly if the author get a healthier condition?
Old 2015-07-02, 17:33   Link #2533
Wandering Soul

Four chapters a year is disappointing but I'm still happy to have D grayman back.
Old 2015-07-02, 19:49   Link #2534
GDB

One chapter every 3 months is still one more chapter than we've had in almost 3 years.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 20:28   Link #2535
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
One chapter every 3 months is still one more chapter than we've had in almost 3 years.
Seconded. 4 chapters a year is still something. It may not be as much as I'd like but at least it is something and I'm honestly okay with that.
Old 2015-07-02, 22:48   Link #2536
SILENTANIMELOVER

They better be good long chapters to compensate for the restricted releases.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 16:39   Link #2537
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

YES! First Shenmue 3, then FF7 Remake and now D.Gray-man's return.... only four chapters per year?
Old 2015-07-08, 07:21   Link #2538
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Dgrayman started being shit when it stopped being weekly, you can tell the whole tone of the story shifted immensely...earl appearance change and the noahs included, not too mention wth throw in a couple more noahs lol
Old 2015-07-08, 07:44   Link #2539
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Dgrayman started being shit when it stopped being weekly, you can tell the whole tone of the story shifted immensely...earl appearance change and the noahs included, not too mention wth throw in a couple more noahs lol
It got messier as the chapter were coming out, I agree.
I don't know anymore who's who. The earl, Mana, Neah, Allen, Not-Allen...

I'm just pretending they're all the same person. My mind feels at peace that way.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 09:34   Link #2540
DorkingtonPugsly

10 years ago when I started reading D.gray-man I would've never thought that it'd still be incomplete after all these years.

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural