AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 09:30   Link #1
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Angel Beats! Visual Novel Discussion Thread

Oficially this time.

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/04/15/a...vel-confirmed/

At a Live stream at nico nico Visual Arts said that the Visual Novel is progressing accordingly, meaning that they ARE working on it and that they have been working on it.

I had lost hopes, but we are back on the game!

Yurippe ftw.

Cheers;
Niker
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:32   Link #2
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Good to know. Hopefully the vision of Maeda Jun can finally be achieved with the visual novel.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:33   Link #3
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

That is exactly what I'm hoping for. Not a rushed production and Allowing Jun Maeda to fulfill the ideal world he made.

If Clannad and Little Busters! are anything to go by, this will be a great production. Add the huge number of characters and we'll have a possibly bigger story than Little Busters and Clannad combined
Old 2012-04-15, 09:36   Link #4
HasuMasu
*Artist

This kind of news always gives me mixed feelings, while I'm glad some people will be able to bask in its glory--I am equally sad that even if I hold it in my hands I will never be able to understand, let alone appreciate, it.
Old 2012-04-15, 09:39   Link #5
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
This kind of news always gives me mixed feelings, while I'm glad some people will be able to bask in its glory--I am equally sad that even if I hold it in my hands I will never be able to understand, let alone appreciate, it.
It's Key. It may take a while, depending on length, but it's almost assured of getting a fan translation. It's not like there isn't already a huge Angel Beats! fanbase out there.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:48   Link #6
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Agreed. Even though it'll be years before it sees the market and even more years before it gets translated... just knowing its out there cheers me up. Look at little busters. In November we didn't even have the visual novel. Now we have the VN completely translated and an Anime announced.

Time DOES go by....
Old 2012-04-15, 09:55   Link #7
Gundamx

Do you think it will be same as anime, manga or new story?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:58   Link #8
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

What we all have been waiting for. Finally. I hope this time there would be less slapstick humor and more plot developing. And moar Kanade.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:59   Link #9
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Maeda said that the main character will be Otonashi, but the story will be changed.

He aims to eliminate the flaws that were in the plot of the Anime, based on the criticisms it had recieved.

There's also word since AB!'s anime ended that He had been working on it, in which he said that he was working on a scenario where Iwasawa didn't dissapear, so I can safely assume that every character will have a storyline.

Hope that helps gundamx

Cheers;
Niker

PS: That's all that is actually known about it.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:04   Link #10
Gundamx

By the way, I think that you should move/create another post about the game in Angel beats forum:
http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 10:09   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
Maeda said that the main character will be Otonashi, but the story will be changed.

He aims to eliminate the flaws that were in the plot of the Anime, based on the criticisms it had recieved.

There's also word since AB!'s anime ended that He had been working on it, in which he said that he was working on a scenario where Iwasawa didn't dissapear, so I can safely assume that every character will have a storyline.

Hope that helps gundamx

Cheers;
Niker

PS: That's all that is actually known about it.

Before I go nuts with joy and enter a seizure.....

Source kwsk
Old 2012-04-15, 10:15   Link #12
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

This is from late 2010.

http://worldomonation.wordpress.com/...ame-confirmed/

This is what made me lose faith.

http://worldomonation.wordpress.com/...ress-not-good/

I'm currently looking for the one who confirmed that Otonashi was the main character, but the news were almost simultaneous with the LB! PV trailer being released.

I didn't think it was important, but it was a tweet from Maeda himself. I just can't find it atm.

Hope you have better luck finding it!

EDIT: Found it. But it's in spanish I'll hereby translate post the original in spanish and translate it. (http://www.koi-nya.net/2012/04/03/el...sera-otonashi/)

"Tras las declaraciones del presidente de Visual Art’s Takahiro Baba hoy, ahora le toca el turno a Jun Maeda, uno de los guionistas principales de Key, que ha hablado a través de la cuenta de twitter de Flaming June, el proyecto de Owari no Hoshi no Love Song que tiene junto a Yanagi Nagi.
Lo primero que Jun Maeda ha querido dejar claro es que él no está involucrado en el anime de Little Busters! Según el guionista, ni ha supervisado escenarios ni guiones ni nada, eso está en manos de los “profesionales” correspondientes.
Por otro lado, y respondiendo sobre las dudas de la visual novel de Angel Beats!, Jun Maeda ha revelado que el protagonista será Yuzuru Otonashi al igual que en el anime, pero que la historia será diferente. Según Maeda, han cambiado algunas de las bases “del planteamiento” del mundo tras las críticas que sufrió en el anime.
Por último, en otro de los tweets “con sustancia”, Maeda dijo que ahora mismo se encuentra en pleno proceso de escritura del escenario del juego."

TL: "After the declarations from Visual Art's President, Takahiro Baba, made today... Jun Maeda's turn came, one of the main script writers that Key has, through his twitter account: "Flaming June", the project "Owari no Hoshi no love song" That he has together with Yanagi Nagi.
The first thing Jun Maeda wanted to settle down was that he is not involved with the Little Busters! Anime. According to him, he hasn't even supervised scenarios nor scripts, nor anything, and that it's in the hands of the corresponding 'professionals'.
On the other hand, answering the doubts about a visual novel for Angel Beats!, Jun Maeda revealed that the main character will be Yuzuru Otonashi, same as with the anime, but the story will be different. According to Maeda, changes were made to the "bases" of the world after the critics it suffered in the anime.
Last but not least, one of the other substance-filled tweets, Maeda said that he was in the middle of writing the game scenario right now"

Cheers;
Niker

Last edited by Arturia Polaris; 2012-04-15 at 10:36. Reason: Found it
Old 2012-04-15, 10:40   Link #13
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Tweet eh....for some reason Twitter has 50-50 chance of working for me....

But then, if it's a Maeda Tweet...I think this calls for some celebration
Old 2012-04-15, 10:45   Link #14
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Twitter or not, the game has been 99% confirmed, and I'm planning on downing a few beers today.

Maeda himself made those tweets I don't see why he would be lying to us.

So I call for a celebration as well!

Cheers;
Niker
Old 2012-04-15, 11:12   Link #15
Balzac
Assistant Professor

If this is true, then that's awesome news!

Stick to your guns, sir Jun, it's when you do what you're good at that you become one of the best. And I could tell you were trying to fill as much as you could into those episodes, which while being great attempts, still suffered some major flaws that convinced me yet again that anime was not for me.

So...this could mean 2013, 14 or even later release, who's to know as of this moment...
Old 2012-04-15, 11:43   Link #16
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

The anime faced several discrepancies thanks to limited budget and of course Jun Maeda having to cram a story probably worth 100 episodes into 13. episodes.

You can simply tell due to the amount of characters and content that it needed way more episodes than it actually got. But blame production companies.

In any case. I'm actually thinking that the Visual Novel will need to be something like School Days. Something animated, instead of the normal, "old" style VN... The amount of action and other factors that come in would make it excellent for that pattern.

Just my 2 cents.

Niker
Old 2012-04-15, 11:45   Link #17
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Twitter or not, the game has been 99% confirmed, and I'm planning on downing a few beers today.

Maeda himself made those tweets I don't see why he would be lying to us.

So I call for a celebration as well!

Cheers;
Niker
I'm meaning I can only view Twitter 50% of the time....site doesn't agree with my comp...

Something like School Days animation perhaps....but please not like School Days story and quality....
Old 2012-04-15, 11:49   Link #18
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Oh yeah definately. I meant that the visual novel would be better off with animations like the School days VN did, than old school visual novels. I mean I'm sure that Key could afford to do that, right?

It also gives way better playability than the minigames in LB for example...

And if Key is also one of the few VN makers that turn the page towards animated visual novels... well it'll be kick ass

Cheers;
Niker
Old 2012-04-15, 11:52   Link #19
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:

what were these flaws exactly?
Old 2012-04-15, 11:55   Link #20
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

This has great potential. The fascinating world of Angel Beats can fit well in a large visual novel form. While it's good to see that they're changing the story a bit, I hope they can preserve the excitement and wonder that the good parts of the anime managed to have.

Also, does this mark the return of Maeda Jun to writing visual novels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
So...this could mean 2013, 14 or even later release, who's to know as of this moment...
I'll pretend that it'll be a 2015 release at the earliest. Don't want to hype myself up for too long.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote