AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-01-11, 12:58   Link #21
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ I never read so far as I read it in english and never transfered to japanese (also it being in drama format makes it a bit hard to read it for a long time). The part about logic behind the war was really nice though. It also might have been the first series where Maou + Yuusha cooperate to reach some goal (and Maou a good guy, or rather girl).
Well, as part of the main plot, probably. If we include setup / background events then the prologue of "Kumo desu ga" starts with Maou + Yuusha cooperating to defeat a common enemy, resulting in some "collateral damage"

Quote:
I generally dislike modern knowledge in fantasy (even if it could work). I get modern knowledge + history, where it is the only possible cheat, but if you throw magic into the mix I don't feel like modern knowledge is welcome neither that it makes good stories.
Well... I think the issue needs to be properly addressed at least. Even if it's simply the protagonist saying they have no idea how to actually solve the problem with their limited Earth knowledge or trying and failing... or trying and then realising it would take so long to properly achieve that it's not worth it. Or only being able to solve very simple problems. If the reincarnator ends up in a world where the wheel hasn't been invented yet, then it would be reasonable for most people to think of trying, even if actually achieving that turns out to be much more involved than expected.

Certainly what we don't want is authors copying others out of laziness or "because it seems cool" and not actually thinking it through.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 13:33   Link #22
Rasty

^ Yeah, getting adressed it might get. But speaking about the wheel, how many of the people there could actually make a usable wheeled cart (people actually working in fields close to that excluded)? Of course using only stone tools and having no sample of cart to copy. I might be able to do it... if given several months to work on it (which seriously would in most cases not be worth it). But if it comes to more serious inventions, it might be close to impossible.

Most authors learn somwhere a concept (mostly in school or other's works) and than without fully understanding it, or rather without even understanding they don't understand the full extent of it (and realizing how hard it would be to do with prehistoric/middleage tools/science) think it is really good+easy and use it.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 23:06   Link #23
wuhugm
Confused Shark

New raw chapter boi~

A superior ordered Rozeline to seduce the MC to test his ability. She was chosen coz her magic has no offensive property at all. Her magic is Clairvoyance btw. She's already on top of him, let's see what happens next chapter
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 13:02   Link #24
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Ou~ I was wrong.

Kissing another girl doesn't overwrite the previous magic.
The magics mixed forming a brand new magic.

So far 3 girls kissed.
But the first one was rewinded so in reality only 2 magics are currently active.
The [Eye] and [Light] Magics
Old 2017-01-19, 13:54   Link #25
Rasty

^ Mixing together into [eyes of light] magic, which generaly means his eyes are good as flashlights in the dark.
Old 2017-01-19, 14:24   Link #26
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Lol~ It just came to mind, but if your eyes emit light, wouldn't you be blind because of that?

Coz Eye works by receiving light. Emitting it would interfere with the reception, no?

Can X-Men's Cyclops see when he's using his eye beam?
Old 2017-01-19, 14:40   Link #27
Rasty

That really depends, the emitors might be situated and oriented in a way, that no light gets into the recievers (retinae).

But seriously, what can the new magic do? All of the combined + alpha, or just different thing (stronger/weaker/the same level).
Old 2017-01-19, 14:46   Link #28
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Dunno yet bro

The latest chapter ended with MC frenching Noel (reminds me of World Teacher sobsob), the cheerful girl with [Light], and then he said the magics mixed.
Old 2017-01-22, 04:36   Link #29
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^

Combination magic has been revealed.
[Eye] + [Light] = Light Bullet Sniping
Precision light bullets fall from the sky within the range of the [Eye]
Shown to be accurate in 2000m range, 0 deviation
Old 2017-02-01, 09:37   Link #30
wuhugm
Confused Shark

MC proposed to a girl

whelp, that's fast, not even 40 chapters in
Old 2017-02-01, 10:37   Link #31
sasuke706

You know, I had a thought. Why did he rip the choker off just for the proposal?
Since it restricts his magic, you'd think he'd try magic without that on first since he'd probably be able to cast better from the start, right?
But no, he rips it off for the proposal because he wants Tsundere's magic at full power, instead of trying to use his weird spell at full power.
Unless the choker limits the magic he inherits through the kissing thing too, meaning having it on or off after he kisses with it on is meaningless.

That said, his power reminds me of the Kirby game for the Nintendo 64.
Eating and combining powers and all.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 10:56   Link #32
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Oh, you read this too?

Author said in the comment section, the combination magic is an ability belongs solely to the fake personality (the cowardly one).
The choker prevents him from using magic above rank 5 and restricts the brute personality.
The combination magic results in only 1 magic but power-wise still not above 5 (despite how OP that Lightning Snipe is)
I think since he remembers how powerful the 7th rank fire magic "Prominence" was, the safe bet here is to recreate that event.
Old 2017-02-05, 09:37   Link #33
wuhugm
Confused Shark

MC married the tsundere
Old 2017-02-05, 10:52   Link #34
darkofficer
just a devil

is't a good tsundere or a bad tsundere

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 11:22   Link #35
sasuke706

She was 99% tsun and 1% ??? before.
Now she's 100% dere and publicly, embarrassingly flirts with him.
She's the older style of tsundere that completely changes her mood toward a person instead of temporarily (switching between tsun and dere even after falling in love) like modern tsunderes.

Like in the latest chapter, she was asking Van if he prefers cute swimsuits or daring swimsuits, in front of everyooooone. For their honeymoon (that self-proclaimed new mother-in-law is obstructing).
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 11:27   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Exactly what Sasuke said

Also it seems she, like her mother, likes useless man

So apparently, magic initially belonged to those "monsters"?
All fire magic MC casted after summoning Pyros were done through that monster
Old 2017-07-10, 06:42   Link #37
wuhugm
Confused Shark

This got LN

Old 2017-07-10, 19:41   Link #38
Valky
Radioactive

So the news back then was LN for this after all?

It's quite fast though, since there's only 200k+ characters yet. Haven't read it though, still holding it.
Old 2017-07-11, 00:40   Link #39
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^There should be another one of them news for Saratoga as well

Another chara desain :

Old 2017-07-11, 22:14   Link #40
wuhugm
Confused Shark

New chara design again

Tags