AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 13:34   Link #27461
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
People that are willing to sink to that level have problems, whether it's something personal or not they could at least have the sense of self-restraint if not the decency to refrain form whining and make life hell for people who happen to do something that disagrees with their opiions.

The internet I suppose is just perfect for those people, nobody knows who you really are so they can't do anything.
Yeah, no kidding. I saw someone in that thread wishing Raiser dead just for saying that Nanoha/Fate is not actually canon. Something can't be right with such people, no sane person could want someone else dead over a trivial issue like this...

Raiser: I'm not sure how the whole thing started, but even if you did troll the shippers once as some say, you don't deserve this kind of insane hatred. Don't let these nutjobs get to you.
Old 2010-10-18, 13:45   Link #27462
Justin_Brett

Well, obviously saying that a pairing you like isn't actually confirmed is the same as saying Yuuno taps that ass every night. Makes sense to me, how 'bout you guys? [/sarcasm]

I mean, they pretty much already won as far as the concreteness of Nanoha/Fate is concerned, so why be this defensive over it?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 14:36   Link #27463
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm highly amused that those same people claim that this place is a cesspit not even worth the glance you give it, even though this is pretty much the only place on the internet that I'm aware of where you can discuss, write and draw virtually any pairing and not have things end in a flamewar.

So yeah, stick around here and keep writing here, I'd say.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 15:46   Link #27464
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I agree with what most people are saying here, Raiser, and I've told you before that the only way to get people like that to go away is to ignore them. They only focus on you, because they get a reaction out of you. It can be hard to ignore, but it's a useful skill to develop.

At any rate, it's that time again, boys and girls. A bit longer than my normal chapters, but it's also a special one. Hold onto to your hats, because here we go:

Future Tense

Chapter 21: Bound by Fate

In which Nanoha says hello to an old friend...

Previous parts can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 21: Bound By Fate:

While reading this, I recommend you start listening to some upbeat music, fast-paced music at the appropriate part (you'll know when). Personally, I recommend Only My Railgun which has become one of my favorites lately. I love the series, too, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 16:12   Link #27465
Megaolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I agree with what most people are saying here, Raiser, and I've told you before that the only way to get people like that to go away is to ignore them. They only focus on you, because they get a reaction out of you. It can be hard to ignore, but it's a useful skill to develop.

At any rate, it's that time again, boys and girls. A bit longer than my normal chapters, but it's also a special one. Hold onto to your hats, because here we go:

Future Tense

While reading this, I recommend you start listening to some upbeat music, fast-paced music at the appropriate part (you'll know when). Personally, I recommend Only My Railgun which has become one of my favorites lately. I love the series, too, heh.
Explosions! Explosions everwhere! Double knock-out?

And F91 and Raiser... I have no idea what the hell happened or how bad it was. But you two are two of the best writers I've seen for the Nanoha section. And if some seriously think you're trolls... Well, does the opinions of people who have something wrong in their heads really count?
Old 2010-10-18, 16:26   Link #27466
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post

And F91 and Raiser... I have no idea what the hell happened or how bad it was. But you two are two of the best writers I've seen for the Nanoha section. And if some seriously think you're trolls... Well, does the opinions of people who have something wrong in their heads really count?
F91 is Raiser, Megaolix.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 16:27   Link #27467
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post

Apparently I'm destroying the fandom, I'm responsible for AS's bad reputation, everyone hates me, and I ruin everything so I should disappear. Kinda can't refute that last point since every time I open my mouth people take issue and flame wars result. Me keeping quiet would certainly make things more peaceful as evident with Nanochan.

Anyways, with this poll I'll have something concrete to go by. For those who say everyone hates my work and wants me gone, I'll be able to point to the results and say "That says otherwise."
They apparently can't blame the Jews for having put hetero fans in their sacred yuri fandom.

Stick around, that's about the last place where there are tolerance for anything that is not NxF.

If they keep calling you troll, give them the middle finger and shout "Choke on them".
Also, think about it, it is their intolerance that is driving the more normal people, or those sitting on the fence, to utter disgust. If anything they are not helping their cause.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 16:31   Link #27468
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post

00-Raiser is F91, Megaolix. Just like how I'm Epsilon Zeta on FF.Net.

Ninja Edit: Beaten to the punch by Nanya.

I met Raiser in person a few months ago when he was in the GTA for a wedding. I found him a real swell and honest guy who pointed out some of the problems in my Material Days story while giving me some alternative ideas to work with. In all honesty, if he hadn't helped me take a good long look at how events were unfolding, MD probably would have been ditched by now, lost in the endless amounts of dead fics on FF.Net, Anime Addventure and who knows where else.

So Peter... I know it's a big choice if you choose to turn off the muse but I know you can come back from this and continue showing us interesting new worlds and stories.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 16:36   Link #27469
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:

Future Tense

I was expecting something good and instead I got epic amounts of badass. No, seriously this is like the CMoA for Future Tense.

Personally I was listening to Under Mebius the whole time.
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 16:41   Link #27470
Megaolix

Oops. Now how did I forget that? Unless I mistook a name for another one...

Anyway, it's my bad. Message still apply however.
Old 2010-10-18, 18:23   Link #27471
Jokulhaup
Like a flood, but worse.

Send a message via AIM to Jokulhaup Send a message via MSN to Jokulhaup
Quote:

Future Tense

And Kill'em'all Kaijo (I will never refer to you as anything other than this ever again) blew my expectations completely out of the water. When Nanoha mentioned the moon I just had to stop reading for a moment due to overload of "Holy shite, are you fsckin' kidding me?!"

MSLN StrikerS: More than you expected.

My writing can be found here.
Jokulhaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 19:20   Link #27472
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
So, a rather fluffy short with Vivio and Lutecia, written on the request of my friend Fuyu no Sora, as a birthday gift. So here's hoping it's a good one, and Happy Birthday Sora!

Spoiler for On The Matter of Ties:
Old 2010-10-18, 20:21   Link #27473
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

Future Tense

As nice as the chapter is, honestly I have to say that Nanoha and Fate were way too wordy during the fight, particularly when they were explaining the pros and cons of Fate's barrier jacket and Nanoha's final attack. It kinda dampened the action for me.
Old 2010-10-18, 21:28   Link #27474
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There are a lot of haters, but know that said haters are also hypocrites that download the doujins you put your effort to scanlating.
Yeah, but then after they download it they then report the file, getting it removed from the hosting service and ensuring that no one else can download it (while attempting to get me arrested in the process). Thanks to those few people, I have absolutely no way to share vic-vic and my hard work with the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I mean, they pretty much already won as far as the concreteness of Nanoha/Fate is concerned, so why be this defensive over it?
Being a psych major and all, my theory is that they know that NanoFate isn't really canon, but they go to great lengths to convince themselves otherwise. So when arguments against NanoFate arise, they have to devalue the statements by writing them off as 'trolling' to remove the possibility of being swayed by them. Basically, insecure people lashing out when something threatens their ideal.

Quote:
It's hard for me to ignore, though. I mean, if I just sit back and take it, people will take that as a sign that everything being said is true. More than that, I'm too much of a sensitive wuss, I guess. I tear up at things like the ending of Gunbuster. Also, events like this actually make me feel physically ill, so...

Plus, when they start attempting to get ahold of my personal information and try to get me arrested, I don't think I should just turn a blind eye to that...

Quote:

Future Tense

Errors in the usual place.

Good chapter. I enjoyed hearing about Fate, Vivio, and Yuuno's lives together. I still think Fate remains attached to that time. I mean, why else would she keep his last name?

Well done fight scene and it included enough novel moves to really show that they are much different from before. Now we have to wait and see if it was a double K.O. or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Stick around, that's about the last place where there are tolerance for anything that is not NxF.
Actually, /m/ was actually really good about the whole thing before. I've been going there for years and there have been several Nanoha threads where the shipping discussions have been peaceful. Heck, a few were flat out pro-het and pro-Yuuno. So really for that board what happened over the past few days is a freak occurence. Here's hoping it stays as an isolated incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
I met Raiser in person a few months ago when he was in the GTA for a wedding. I found him a real swell and honest guy
You forgot to mention that I suck at fighting games

Anyways, I have something of my own to post now. This is a follow up to my previous Lutecia/Erio short. Megane, Fate, and Nanoha sitting down for a chat. More Fate teasing ensues.

Naturally there are those who will hate it and be pissed off by it, but oh well.

Bewarned: the title isn't just for show

Spoiler for Adult Conversation:

Spoiler for notes:

In other news, current poll results are:

Get lost you troll - 25
Keep going - 20
Don't care - 1

Well, even if the final result is 9001 vs 20, at least I'll know to write for those 20 people.
Old 2010-10-18, 21:34   Link #27475
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
*Reads*

*Snicker*

Hahahahahaha! That's a good one, Raiser. Oh, that was great after dealing with that crap on 4chan yesterday.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 21:55   Link #27476
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
@Megaolix, SilentOutlaw, Jokulhaup: Glad you enjoyed it! I admit I was going for that reaction, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As nice as the chapter is, honestly I have to say that Nanoha and Fate were way too wordy during the fight, particularly when they were explaining the pros and cons of Fate's barrier jacket and Nanoha's final attack. It kinda dampened the action for me.
They were less talky before, but straight action felt kinda hard to read to me. I used the conversation pieces to break up some of the action, and try and give the combat more personal feeling. Partially treating it as a typical shounen fight, too, heh. Also, I felt I need to kinda explain some things about it.

I can look into condensing it a bit, but I'll also wait and see if others found it a bit too wordy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Yeah, but then after they download it they then report the file, getting it removed from the hosting service and ensuring that no one else can download it (while attempting to get me arrested in the process). Thanks to those few people, I have absolutely no way to share vic-vic and my hard work with the masses.

Plus, when they start attempting to get ahold of my personal information and try to get me arrested, I don't think I should just turn a blind eye to that...
Trust me, there is no way they can get you arrested. It's a pipe dream by those who don't know how the real world works. Trust me, none of them has the guts to confront you in real life, or take any action besides anonymously typing away at a computer screen. I know the type. They hate and hate and hate, but that's all they can do. Once you see through that, the fear tactics come across as rather lame.

Oh, and like I said before, just keep uploading and sharing your work here. Those who want to see it, who don't care about trolls, will come here. AS will grow because of it, and those other forums will shrink; maybe not much, but sometimes it only take a few at first, like the first stream of a cracking dam. The trolls, if they come here to see those links, will be contributing positively to the volume of traffic for AS. In, short, you use their hate for you and AS, to make AS better.

Seriously, stop contributing to forums that seem to be against you, or that you get hassled at. Those that like your contributions will come here. Those that really hate AS, won't come here and thus won't know about your uploads, and so won't be able to report them.

Small-minded trolls like that can't sustain their hate if they get no feedback for it.

Quote:
Errors in the usual place.

Good chapter. I enjoyed hearing about Fate, Vivio, and Yuuno's lives together. I still think Fate remains attached to that time. I mean, why else would she keep his last name?

Well done fight scene and it included enough novel moves to really show that they are much different from before. Now we have to wait and see if it was a double K.O. or not.
I admit, I've always wanted to end a combat chapter with the tried-and-true technique of a massive explosion, like some anime episodes to, heh(since My Otome used it not once, but twice). Given how long this chapter was stretching out, I felt like using it.^^;;

Thanks for the corrections, as always Regarding your suggestion for the Moonlight Breaker rename, well, I considered it. But it wouldn't quite fit in this chapter, as you'll see in future chapters... =)
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 22:33   Link #27477
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
So, a rather fluffy short with Vivio and Lutecia, written on the request of my friend Fuyu no Sora, as a birthday gift. So here's hoping it's a good one, and Happy Birthday Sora!

Awww. ^^ Short, sweet, and funny, just like I asked!

Thanks so much for the short, dearie, would you like to have some tea and maybe Danish butter cookies? :3? I promise you can have the box this time.

I have many ideas as to why Vi would want to have Lu wears ties more often. Particularly involving a half-open shirt and heterochromic eyes riveted on a certain purple-haired woman's neck?

Thanks again for the short, RB. It was a great gift; lifted my spirits quite a bit. ^^
Old 2010-10-18, 22:34   Link #27478
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:

Oh, Lutecia. So worldly, and yet so clueless. At this point, shouldn't she have realized that when Vivio says anything about her appearance, it is done with less-than-noble intentions?

Cute fluff, and nobody bled or died or lost the love of their life or had horrible night terrors, so I liked it. Not that I don't like it when you do those other things, just that it's tempered with pity for the poor girls you torment.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 22:38   Link #27479
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Honestly, Moonlight Breaker gives me Satellite Cannon vibes...

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 22:45   Link #27480
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

*Mental image of Lutecia refuses to leave brain*.....

The beginning was a bit odd, I had trouble understanding where they were exactly (still at the dance? Oh, at Lutecia's? But why would they go there first? Those kinds of questions). But meh, then you went into describing Lutecia's appearance and all that didn't matter anymore .

Cute, and yet it doesn't go exactly where stereotype would expect the fic to go, so that's a very nice surprise.

Why should you wear ties more often, Lutecia? I think Vivio wants to find a way to keep you from moving when you're making out .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha