AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-25, 12:09   Link #61
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Just noticed the update about the cast. So the biggest mystery of 1st season solved.

ANGELICA IS ALIVE!!

Not I hope she die or anything. Just being alive somehow weakens the ending of 1st season. But I like her, so it is OK for me.
It's obvious she had to be alive or they would have changed quite a lot the story since she isn't supposed to die in the manga, it's just peoples assumed she died in the anime
Old 2007-10-25, 18:13   Link #62
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
Well with the way the ended the 1st season you kinda ha dto assume she was dead, in fact i think they encouraged that thought among the fans otherwise it woulda been a rather weak ending...
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 19:23   Link #63
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
It's obvious she had to be alive or they would have changed quite a lot the story since she isn't supposed to die in the manga, it's just peoples assumed she died in the anime
Not necessary. I have read manga and I know she has a role to play this future story, but mostly her parts are replacable. Only two or three chapters would be impossible without her. Other than that, she is just background or supporting character, so they can easily put other girls on her place. And most important, there are more than enough manga materials even for a 26-episode length 2nd season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidLucifer View Post
Well with the way the ended the 1st season you kinda ha dto assume she was dead, in fact i think they encouraged that thought among the fans otherwise it woulda been a rather weak ending...
Not weak in my opinion. Just not as that powerful.
Old 2007-10-25, 21:09   Link #64
Uruz 7
Baka

wow.. great change of staff..
Uruz 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 22:24   Link #65
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Wow.. its been like what? four years since Gunslinger Girl came out? I didn't even know that there was a new season coming out. Good news!
Old 2007-10-25, 23:25   Link #66
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
My sister loved the 1st season. When I told her of the upcoming 2nd season, she was really looking forward to it. I hope it comes out well.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 01:05   Link #67
Aznbanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Another crazy loli shoot em up government cover-up black op missions and assisinations. Im totally down.

So am i my friend, so am i.
Aznbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 15:54   Link #68
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
If this going to be another 13 eps anime, I suspected that they will end at end of Vol 5 of the manga.
Old 2007-10-30, 23:00   Link #69
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
If this going to be another 13 eps anime, I suspected that they will end at end of Vol 5 of the manga.
y do you think that? arent there 6 volumes out there?
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 23:11   Link #70
dfens

Actually volume 9 hits shelves this December. But if you look at the first season it only covered like 2 and a half.

Plus Petrushka wasn't in the cast so far and she doesn't appear till volume 6.

The end of volume 5 would be perfect for the end of the series.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 00:08   Link #71
Cal-Reflector

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2007-10-31 at 11:46.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 09:27   Link #72
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Well, I'm glad to get some word on this. I had been wondering when the project was going to be finished. I've visited the site and they have a new page up but no content. But waiting until Spring 2008 is such a long time. But I'll find something to pass the time. By then my loans will be cleaned up and I'll be $300 richer! No anime DVD will be safe from my purchasing power!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I watched season 1 awhile back and loved it. I just recently purchased the first 3 DVDs from TRSI a couple of months ago. Was doing a big order and they were super cheap. Well, the ones in 2003-2004. Man Funimation released the series so many times.

I watched it with a friend (who had been wanting to see it for a good while) the weekend before last and he got hooked. I got pissed that I didn't bring the last DVD (because I decided not to bring it because he starts getting tired after playing video games all day and doesn't have any energy left to do something else. Then I'd get mad at him for bringing stuff to watch on visits and him falling asleep. Which results in me watching it alone and him waking up when it's over to do something else. Like pop in a episode of a show he's watched hundreds of times. "DOESN'T HE REALIZE THAT DENNO COIL IS AN AWESOME SHOW???")
I sold him my copies to save him the trouble and will purchase it again next year.

So we both can't wait until season 2. Of course it's still going to take awhile for it to be released after it's finished airing. I'm also very shocked that they are changing the cast. But hopefully things will go smoothly.

Oh, for the manga how many volumes are their so far and does it look like it's coming to an end or still going? Didn't know that the author hadn't worked on the old team for 2 years. So he's covering some of the newer characters. I'm curious to see the new character 'Petrushka'. From the fanart I'd see, didn't know she was from that series.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 10:06   Link #73
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Awesome. Pinocchio arc too, meaning it will be very Triela (my favorite) centered. Angelica's gotta come back too. Her back story is the most depressing, and it won over my sympathy.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 10:21   Link #74
Solafighter
Hige

A second season of Gunslinger Girl?!

Well i like the first season as well and cant wait to see the second season.
Old 2007-11-03, 10:11   Link #75
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

after seeing the first season it would be nice for a 2nd season though the first season might be more content packed in the first place.

I want to see more evolving not just a couple of missions and a little bit of progress
Old 2007-11-04, 08:06   Link #76
lftwgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
I'd prefer they keep it original. Besides, what OTHER Canadian band has had their music featured in an anime?

GO CANADA!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Delgados are a SCOTTISH band.
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 21:33   Link #77
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
The official Japanese Gunslinger Girl homepage now hosts rough production design images of new characters that will appear in the Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- anime television series, which is scheduled to debut next year.

http://www.gunslingergirl.com/animation/index.html#fst
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 22:47   Link #78
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechtsphere View Post
The official Japanese Gunslinger Girl homepage now hosts rough production design images of new characters that will appear in the Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- anime television series, which is scheduled to debut next year.

http://www.gunslingergirl.com/animation/index.html#fst
Thanks for the link!

Well the samples of the new voices for the girls don't sound that bad but I'm still skeptical until I actual see how they work out in season 2.

Also it seems they will have Angelica back for this season which is kind of bitter-sweet for me. On the one hand I'm happy shes still alive but feel I've been robbed of the epic tearful ending of season 1.
Old 2007-11-19, 01:48   Link #79
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Also it seems they will have Angelica back for this season which is kind of bitter-sweet for me. On the one hand I'm happy shes still alive but feel I've been robbed of the epic tearful ending of season 1.
That's what i thought would happen,I don't blame you
But I don't blame madhouse either for dramatising the episode 13 ending by creating the episode 12 filler.It worked quite well.
I'll try and keep the two series separate,after all,this is a completely different staff and yu aida is way more involved this time around.

Quote:
DOESN'T HE REALIZE THAT DENNO COIL IS AN AWESOME SHOW???
That reminded me that the voice actor for 4423 in coil is doing Pinocchio lol

Quote:
Oh, for the manga how many volumes are their so far and does it look like it's coming to an end or still going? Didn't know that the author hadn't worked on the old team for 2 years. So he's covering some of the newer characters. I'm curious to see the new character 'Petrushka'. From the fanart I'd see, didn't know she was from that series.
You won't see her,though there is no end yet to the manga,the pinocchio arc has a clear begining and ending,it goes from vol 3 to vol 5,Petrushka doesn't come around until later.
The big new character is Pinocchio,Triela should take over as main character and franco and franca have a bigger role.
And I want to say more but I should stop now,but I could go on and on,the anime series just scratched the surface of the world of gunslinger girl.
My expectations are very high,the story is definatly there,lets see what the new team can do with it.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 19:14   Link #80
Siegel Clyne

Gunslinger Girl 2nd Season Slated to Start Airing in January 2008

According to Dengeki Daioh, GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO- is scheduled to start broadcasting on Japanese television in January 2008.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, loli, seinen