AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-07-04, 23:50   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 910 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time of week is here! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "Onward to the Wano Country". Ministory has Orlumbus providing food/supplies to a poor village, as opposed to pillaging it.

-We return focus to Luffy's group on the Sunny, as they sail towards Wano. They're reading the news about the Reverie in the papers, and get nostalgic when they see photos of familiar faces. So nostalgic, in fact, that Nami gets annoyed when Sanji and Chopper snatch the paper themselves (to cut out pictures of the pretty princesses and Dr. Kureha, respectively), preventing her from properly reading the article, heh. Luffy says they'll visit their old friends again once they complete their world voyage, but for now, the Sunny is nearing the country of Wano....

-However, as the ship nears the land, the weather starts to become more chaotic! They soon encounter a huge wave that somehow resembles a ukiyo-e painting! Next, A huge octopus hops onto the ship, which starts screaming like a kabuki actor! As the crew reel in astonishment from this strange phenomena, yet another oddity occurs: They encounter a school of carp, each of which are the size of the Sunny! Sanji finds it especially bizarre that freshwater fish are swimming at sea, but upon gazing at the waters, the crew realize they're currently sailing on a huge river! They soon come across a waterfall, which Nami assumes that Wano must be above of. Luffy grabs onto one of the carp, making the fish drag their ship up the falls. However, upon reaching the top, the crew end up getting sucked into a whirlpool....!!!

-Soon, Luffy washes ashore on a beach along with the Sunny. Unfortunately, it looks like he got split apart from the others. From a forest near the beach, a creature emerges: It's apparently a wild boar, but it actually resembles a komainu (aka Japanese lion-dogs), which bumps into the Sunny. The beast is not alone, as yet another animal comes out of the forest: A baboon carrying a katana, which starts chasing the boar! Upon seeing the simian armed with a blade, Luffy is convinced: He's definitely in Wano territory now.....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-07-06 at 22:15.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 01:48   Link #2
Rainbowman

I wonder if the komainu looking boar would meet these characters in terms of fan fiction?:
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 07:57   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

of course someone would have to get separated... :\
Old 2018-07-05, 11:50   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So we're already back to Luffy and the rest. I thought Oda would focus on Zoro's group a bit longer.

This chapter sounds pretty fun.
Old 2018-07-06, 09:24   Link #5
grecefar

what a beautiful world is one piece.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 10:27   Link #6
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So we're already back to Luffy and the rest. I thought Oda would focus on Zoro's group a bit longer.
Yea I hope we at least get a few chapters of only Zoro's group before the reunion, but it feels like a wasted opportunity so far.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 10:55   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Celebrating 21 years of publication"

Damn, it never really hit me but I was only 10 when One Piece started. Of course I had never heard of it back then.

The chapter was pretty nice. I don't have much to comment on, except the nice scenery, Nami's gorgeous new outfit, and the fact the crew missed the news about Big Mom and Kaido's (probably) alliance because of Sanji and Chopper cutting out pictures.
Old 2018-07-06, 22:27   Link #8
marvelB

Aw, that was nice of Orlumbus to hook up that village with food/supplies instead of robbing/raping them blind! Is he sure he's cut out for this whole pirating thing?

Anyways, Luffy's group finally reach Wano! Now, while I'm sure people will be clamoring for the inevitable Nami/Robin clone (with a samurai coat of paint) to join, I'm kinda already hoping that octopus becomes the new nakama. I mean, he even somehow managed to sneak onboard the Sunny all ninja-style without anyone noticing!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 22:55   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I hope it's the real Wano... not something similar or etc...

whoever they're facing in Wano, it should not relate to Marine or big pirates because all of them are focusing on Reverie
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote