AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-08-09, 22:29   Link #8221
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Ish needs writing classes he needs help asap age can make you better but on his behalf the health doesn’t work well in his favor so much ability potential for so many characters. Just make the Malebranche have host for interesting villains.
It's really not that. Since the beginning the writing of DxD has been average at best and still is but there seems to be something lacking in the series now compared to back then. Like since the fourth arc Ishibumi wants to change the overall focus of DxD to something more serious but is kind of half-assing it while still keeping DxD light-hearted and comedic at its core. And he seems to be running short on originality as he is just rewriting plots at this point. Also the fights lack the originality they once had and are just the same back and forth power struggles rather than a fight that has any legitimate meaning.

Since the fourth arc ended, I feel that Ishibumi has decided to bring this series to an end and introduce all the characters in the main plot that he never had a legitimate reason to do so before then hence the reason for the Azazel Cup while using it as kind of a stopgap while Ishibumi wandered around in the dark searching for a new enemy before finally deciding to end it with the Evies.

It feels like Ishibumi wants to add so much more to the series while wanting to end it as soon as he possibly can. And the quality of the current volumes and what has happened in them just reflects that.

I kind of felt like the editor wasn't really doing their job properly and now DxD is oversaturated with too many plots and too many characters at this point while the world is barely developed and certain characters remain static.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 03:52   Link #8222
B214

Ishibumi seems to be writing with sequels and spin offs on mind and end up causing the main story to feel bloated with characters.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 05:10   Link #8223
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Ishibumi seems to be writing with sequels and spin offs on mind and end up causing the main story to feel bloated with characters.
Well, that would only explain the existence of characters like Ouryuu and Millarca as they are supposed to have their own story if Ishibumi gets his way. That would include Mitsuya and Shizuka by extension. Plus, the Slash Dog team of course.

Other new characters have been kinda pointless so far, like Latia or Iryuka. There's no reason these characters couldn't have been introduced in the Millicas spin-off he wants to write. It seems like they are potential love interests, but he could have just added Seekvaira to the harem especially since she's like one of the only girls that has similar hobbies and interests as Issei.

We've never needed ExE or FxF and I hope he's not planning to keep Melvazoa and Seraselbes for a Boruto-esque spin-off. Indra, Shiva and/or the Malebranche would have been okay for the final antagonists.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 05:44   Link #8224
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Other new characters have been kinda pointless so far, like Latia or Iryuka. There's no reason these characters couldn't have been introduced in the Millicas spin-off he wants to write. It seems like they are potential love interests, but he could have just added Seekvaira to the harem especially since she's like one of the only girls that has similar hobbies and interests as Issei.
Agree, that short story was basically useless just like many others. I dunno be potentially members of the harem but I hope it could happened since this at very least would give them a reason to exist.

I think that Seekvaria isn't becoming one of Issei's girls cause maybe Ishi has choice that Rias should be the only one of the 4 Rookie King to be in the harem.

Quote:
We've never needed ExE or FxF and I hope he's not planning to keep Melvazoa and Seraselbes for a Boruto-esque spin-off. Indra, Shiva and/or the Malebranche would have been okay for the final antagonists.
I too hope he haven't such kind of plans.

I believe that he has though that the Eevie by before the Azazel Cup, we know that he was thinking that make Shiva the final antagonist but if you think about it we have heard of Chichigami already by Volume 7.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 05:52   Link #8225
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

However trying to stay more on topic with the main discussion topic of this thread what you guys think about the possibility that Issei thanks Ryuuuteimaru could be the source for some power up to his friends and girlfriends?

For example he could make a evolved version of the Dividing Wyvern Form that could turn into weapons who have both boost, transfer, penetrate and a few amount of the aura of Ophis and GR?

Like black and crimson swords for Kiba, Xenovia and Irina, propulsor with cannons that could be equipped to the wings of Akeno for increasing her flying speed and release much powerful holy lightnings, a hand-mounted machine gun that would allow Rias to fire a much more powerful and faster version of her barrage of power of destruction's orb bullets that could even be further enhanced with penetrate.
Old 2023-08-10, 10:00   Link #8226
Xuanwu

I am also interested in what other weapons Ryuuteimaru is hiding. He can grant them to Issei's comrades, maybe. Imagine Kiba and Xenovia wielding Apocalypse Ascalon. Too OP

Speaking of which, what would Issei's strongest attack be? Apocalypse Smasher?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
I believe that he has though that the Eevie by before the Azazel Cup, we know that he was thinking that make Shiva the final antagonist but if you think about it we have heard of Chichigami already by Volume 7.
Yeah, I'm aware he'd already thought of using the Evies as the final antagonists. Most likely since Volume 14+ at least. But his initial plan was for Shiva to be the antagonist of the final arc.

Chichigami was meant to be a joke iirc.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 10:15   Link #8227
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I am also interested in what other weapons Ryuuteimaru is hiding. He can grant them to Issei's comrades, maybe. Imagine Kiba and Xenovia wielding Apocalypse Ascalon. Too OP
Considering the power of the Eevie I think that they must allowed to used something like the Ryuuuteimaru's weapons or the Malebranche in the form of weapons.

I wonder how strong are the Malebranche in weapons form are?

Possible comparable to Tobio's blades and Shooting Star's sword and riffle?

Quote:
Speaking of which, what would Issei's strongest attack be? Apocalypse Smasher?
Something like that plus something like a evolved version of Super Nyuuutron Beam Canon. Maybe the arms of Ryuuuteimaru could absorb the power of the breast of all the girls that are part of Issei's harem and focus their power into one shot like Goku's Spirit Bomb.

There is who on Reddit have speculated that Issei must have a counter ability for Half Dimension and Compression Driver, you know a power that increase the size of things instead of reduce.

I have though that with this kind of ability Issei could make Rias a near- giantess for her use breast as proper source of power to Ryuuuteimaru.
Old 2023-08-13, 12:07   Link #8228
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Guys what you think about the possibility that Issei once get his final power could be able to bless all of the characters (with exception of Vali and Albion) for give them a copy of his scale mail that have a small amount of the powers of Ddraig, Ophis and GR?

In this way we could have a army of Pseudo Red Dragon Emperor that could resist better again the army of the Eevie.
Old 2023-09-13, 07:37   Link #8229
zarmag

Saji's powerup

Saji's powerup might be absorbing the remains of Apophis causing his sacred gear to evolve into a new longinus. Apophis said wanted to have a rematch against Ise so he might return by merging with Vritra and Saji.
zarmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 11:28   Link #8230
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarmag View Post
Saji's powerup might be absorbing the remains of Apophis causing his sacred gear to evolve into a new longinus. Apophis said wanted to have a rematch against Ise so he might return by merging with Vritra and Saji.
Apophis is referring to how he may revive with time.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 23:34   Link #8231
Dareal_truth

Guys, I think Shin 5 could work wonders if Ise doesn't participate in it just have him on the sideline leading and ravel, roygun and ingvild take the remainder spotlight
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-19, 12:02   Link #8232
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarmag View Post
It could be cool if it would like that I hope that maybe Saji could get something thought it seem that Ishibumi have done with him.

Currently I'm afraid that the possible Vali's answer/counterpart to Issei's AXA can be that Gogmagog could be modified for using Vali's demoniac energy and the 12 Malebranche as its source of power and more or less Vali will be its pilot..
Old 2023-09-19, 16:57   Link #8233
Dareal_truth

Aww poor vali what a shame conclusion
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 07:50   Link #8234
zarmag

Ise's powerup

Ise get a new powerups the reason why is he's the main character of DxD
zarmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-20, 08:15   Link #8235
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Aww poor vali what a shame conclusion
Well for the moment is only just my theory, probably we have to wait at least 2 or 3 years for see Vali next power up...