AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-08, 23:53   Link #1
LynnieS

Yomigaeru Sora - Rescue Wings

This might have been lost in the reset, and a search now came up empty. Please merge if I'm wrong.

Animenfo's information
Series's main site

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenfo
Second Lieutenant, Uchida Kazuhiro, is a new helicopter pilot. However what he really wanted to be was a fighter pilot to fly at supersonic speed in stratosphere. But he faced a harsh reality. During the pilot training, he was transferred to the rescue helicopter course. Now, he is working for the Komatsu Rescue Squad whose mission is only rescue.
At first he is depressed because he is assigned to the position that he doesn’t wish. But, joining various missions, for example, rescue of airplane accidents, missing in mountains, earthquakes, and so forth, he gradually thinks it a challenging job.
No combat, no teenage angst, no fan service (and I don't expect any). Just great art (both 2D and 3D models), animation, and an actual adult storyline with the potential to be really excellent, IMHO. It reminds me a lot of "PlantES". Good music - with the brief strand used as the first episode's OP looking to be either bluegrass or derived from it.

Initial rating: 8 / 10

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 03:20   Link #2
wao
OK.

There was a topic on this in the previous forum, with a fair amount of stuff I spent hours translating, but it's gone...

But really great to hear that the show's like Planetes. Anything like Planetes, I immediately must watch... I cannot express how much I love Planetes. I'm booting up w**** straight away!

EDIT: Okay, it's not as good as I expected in terms of the presentation... the animation was usual J.C. Staff, rather serviceable and maybe even blocky at times... bah. The direction wasn't anything special (nowhere near Planetes level, IMO) But the colour coordination is relatively realistic, and some of the backgrounds aren't bad. At first I thought the seiyuu of the main character was rather sucky, but when he talked in the dialect he sounded quite convincing (esp. the bit with the drinking buddies). Mamiko Noto as Megumi is, well, Mamiko Noto... I liked that last bit just before the episode ended though, she sounded genuinely let down. The music is kind of good.
Also, while it isn't hugely interesting, there is certainly potential for a good story, still. Everything's been set up this episode... we can expect Kazuhiro to have to eventually make a decision: Kazuhiro vs. the job. Really does remind me of Planetes in this style (except that I think Planetes treated it with a little bit more subtlety, then again, this is only 12 episodes so they'll have to really jump into it.)

All in all, not as good as I expected, but still worth hanging around for, since it's 12 eps anyway...

edit: I feel obliged to mention that I didn't exactly like the obvious pimping of Bridgestone early on in the episode. Don't remind me of I Robot...

Last edited by wao; 2006-01-09 at 08:27.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:03   Link #3
Syaoran-kun
nemui desu

Rescue Wings

Looks like a pretty interesting series.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/rescue-w/

Anyone commit to subbing this yet?
Syaoran-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 02:32   Link #4
KJlost

A somewhat refreshing anime. As far as technicality goes, it's been pretty good so far. Komatsu is indeed the housing air base of the 303 hikotai operating F-15Js and T-4 trainers. Along with the 6th Kokudan is the Komatsu rescue wing operating UH-60Js. You can alsp catch a glimpse of the U-215A radar intelligence aircraft in the hanger next to the helicopter.

While I'm excited by the level of details, I don't think I'll truly be able to watch the show comfortably. There are elements of Japanese conservatism in the anime that makes me uncomfortable as a Korean. The block lettering saying "Sea of Japan" shown in the middle of the show and such. Any show creating a sense of glorification of the Jieitai won't win me over as a fan--not that it matters of course.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 03:13   Link #5
lamer_de

No, and that's why this thread belongs in the "General Section", and not "Fansubs"

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2006-01-17, 09:33   Link #6
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

I seen preview clips of this Anime and it seems to really neat! The Anime is based off a real Rescue Wing in the Japanese Military. This Rescue Wings are like our U.S. Coast Guard Rescue Units. The Rescue Wings even flyes the UH-60 Black Hawk that most Rescue Units use in the Military. Plus the series has real-life disasters like a flooded town with landsides. I say this is going to be a really good Anime...

As a Anime Club President... I request someone to Fansub this Anime!
Rasseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 00:15   Link #7
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Looks like this one got subbed. I'm having trouble getting the subs to show up though. Has anyone else seen this yet?
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 00:31   Link #8
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

I haven't had time to watch past ep 1 of this (following the raws), but I like what I've seen - good, mature audience anime. Congrats to [yu] for subbing this, I look forward to getting R1 DVDs and a translation.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 02:16   Link #9
Zadown
Lurker

Mmm, didn't get the subs to work, no matter what I tried. And yes, I do have VSFilter and a whole horde of different players, and I can play other .mkv files with no problems. Anybody who got the subs to work?
Zadown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 03:22   Link #10
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I finally got the subs to work with media player classic. It's on the animesuki playback help page. Here's my first impressions/OP and ED.

I wasn't too impressed with the first episode. It seemed kinda slow and boring to me. The characters don't seem too appealing either, and the CG was out of place. I don't think I'll continue this one.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 06:50   Link #11
naka

if anyone have problems displaying the subs, make sure you have the latest haali spliter aside from vsfilter, ffdshow have a built-in aac decoder in case you dont get any sound

Spoiler for the convenience store scene:
naka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 07:23   Link #12
Blaat

I enjoyed the first episode even though its still part of the introduction. Looking forward to yu's release of the second episode.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 08:58   Link #13
SilentBob
I like corm

Hehe, I thought "Planetes" when I was a bit into the episode. First episode was enjoyable, I need some drama stuff regularly. If it's anything like Planetes, I look forward to the rest.

While watching this with VLC, the subs seemed to overlap a coupla times, but maybe it's just a codec problem with me.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 10:01   Link #14
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
I wasn't too impressed with the first episode. It seemed kinda slow and boring to me. The characters don't seem too appealing either, and the CG was out of place. I don't think I'll continue this one.
You can't go into this show expecting tonnes of action left and right. It's a character show for an older audience, and that means dialogue and setting.

IIRC, there isn't any major helicopter footage until episode three.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 14:40   Link #15
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Im just acquiring this atm, it looks quite good i like Airforce related storylines, this sounds adult and hopefully theres some great art, but i will probably compare ths to yukikaze, im not expecting action left right and centre tho.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 19:51   Link #16
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBob
While watching this with VLC, the subs seemed to overlap a coupla times, but maybe it's just a codec problem with me.
That's a common VLC problem, there's nothing you can do about it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 23:30   Link #17
Crucifix

This show looks promising and leaves much room for a more complex storyline. Is it just me or am I expecting too much if this show gives a realistic and complex story as Honey and Clover.

I hope yu make an avi version of their sub though, mkv is great and all but I usually like avi's since I convert them to play on my pocket PC, and it saves a lot of trouble if they are hardsubbed.
Crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 02:30   Link #18
404notfound
Page not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBob
Hehe, I thought "Planetes" when I was a bit into the episode. First episode was enjoyable, I need some drama stuff regularly. If it's anything like Planetes, I look forward to the rest.
I really like the more adult, serious anime series. Maybe it's just because there are too many of them, but I'm really tired of all the action-focused series targeted at adolescents (Naruto, Bleach, etc.). It's nice to be able to get a little more out of cartoons than simple flash and flair.
404notfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 05:47   Link #19
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
I finally got the subs to work with media player classic. It's on the animesuki playback help page. Here's my first impressions/OP and ED.

Well first episodes are always slow for a lots of Animes... I may agree on you with the CG a little... But Full Metal Panic did some same CG graphics and it didn't turn so bad. Matter a Fact lots of Anime use CG graphic that don't match with Animations all times.. but I didn't seem to mind that much... But I will keep watching till I see more episodes.... Then I will judge on it...

I hate reviews of Animes base on the first episode....
Rasseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 05:57   Link #20
Crucifix

Yeah, but looking at the downloads and activities of fansubbing for this series, I doubt we will see more episodes anytime soon, that's the drawback of a more mature anime, less downloads, less chances a fansubbing group will pick it up, hence we miss out on the story that the series could have told.

Currently I checked at Tokyo Toshokan and it has 3 raws and 1 upcoming this week, but we only have 1 episode subbed and 1 group subbing it. The future is bleak.
Crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote