Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-21, 12:40   Link #221
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
http://www.fandompost.com/2014/04/19...vdbd-releases/

There are only going to be 24 episodes? That makes zero sense.
Time to go sacrifice a goat and pray to Cthulhu.

It's probably going to be split cour. It was mentioned earlier that the OP doesn't show events past a certain point so there will probably be an OP change.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:42   Link #222
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You are doing it wrong, you are supposed to sacrifice a dog and pray to Dio-sama
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:51   Link #223
hamazura
whatever

i just browsing jojo for a bit and...

jojo stardust crusader 1994
jojo stardust crusader 2000
jojo stardust crusader 2014

really? 2 Fkin remake?
Old 2014-04-21, 12:53   Link #224
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
A lot were cut and changed in the two first versions.
Old 2014-04-21, 13:00   Link #225
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i just browsing jojo for a bit and...

jojo stardust crusader 1994
jojo stardust crusader 2000
jojo stardust crusader 2014

really? 2 Fkin remake?
The first two were OVAs that cut out a lot of material. This version will (hopefully) cover everything. I don't know why they'd cut anything now that they've got a whole show to work with, but I ain't on the production team.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-04-21, 13:20   Link #226
AntonKutovoi

Also, 1994 and 2000 is one series. Count it as Star Wars. This anime is the only remake.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 22:06   Link #227
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
Time to go sacrifice a goat and pray to Cthulhu.

It's probably going to be split cour. It was mentioned earlier that the OP doesn't show events past a certain point so there will probably be an OP change.
Stardust Crusaders is potentially getting a split two-cour to cover everything? Or could this currently airing two-cour end at a certain point, leaving David Production to finish the adaption later in the year?

So Dio can use Hermit Purple, which suggests that the connection through Jonathan's body lets him use all the Joestar Stands. It would explain why the opening has Star Platinum punching him only for a mirror of it to appear, potentially foreshadowing Dio having his own Stand counterpart to Jojo's. It would be neat to see Dio show how Holly's Stand can be used in combat .

Hey! An Overdrive! That was a nice surprise. While I would have liked to have seen that concept of the Stands being natural evolution of the Hamon/Ripple be used, so the concept of the Ripple didn't just fade out after two parts, It was great seeing Joseph using it again. It'll be interesting to see what kind of Finishers Jotaro is able to come up with for Star Platinum .

Holly definitely has the spirit of a Joestar, even if she has none of the training to properly control her Stand. Poor Joseph though. His daughter's gone native .

At least Jojo got to show his mom that, beneath the puberty and in his own way, he definitely cares .

Even in death Speedwagon, by way of his Foundation, is still a massive bro to the Joestar's .

Honestly, while I was hoping for Roundabout as the ending, I agree that Walk Like an Egyptian works surprisingly well. Still hoping Roundabout shows up somewhere down the line .

Can't wait to finally meet the last member of Team Jojo!

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-04-22 at 13:55.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 22:18   Link #228
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Stardust Crusaders is potentially getting a split two-cour to cover everything? Or could this currently airing two-cour end at a certain point, leaving David Production to finish the adaption later in the year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The op pretty much hints that they aren't going to skip anything (them tarot cards), in fact the contents pretty much don't spoil anything big expect for the 5 members.

Also, conveniently the op pretty much hints only the first half of the series, the late game can't be visible at all (unlike the battle tendency or chi no sadame ops); so yeah, this is soo gonna have 2 ops.
Hopefully it just has as many episodes as it needs to not be compressed or cut. I didn't even notice that the OP only showed stuff from the first half until I read this quote.

Old 2014-04-25, 12:59   Link #229
MCAL

Remember guys. In the Jojo world, that level of volume is still considered a whisper. I lol'd at Avdol's confused expression watching Jotaro and Kakiyoin woo the ladies too. Also, totally knew the old man was the Stand user.

What about "The Tower of Grey" fight made it skipable though? Seemed pretty important to me.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:33   Link #230
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm starting to think Dio might be better off going back to good old zombies. At least they don't switch sides as often . Though certainly can get more power if able to control these stand users.
Old 2014-04-25, 13:34   Link #231
ookamigirl

Trouble on a plane.
Guess they can't travel anywhere in peace lol
Somehow, everyone has a Stand now.
Well, at least that makes things more interesting.
That one bug sure was giving them a world of trouble.
They have to make new travel plan now..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 13:37   Link #232
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Remember guys. In the Jojo world, that level of volume is still considered a whisper. I lol'd at Avdol's confused expression watching Jotaro and Kakiyoin woo the ladies too. Also, totally knew the old man was the Stand user.

What about "The Tower of Grey" fight made it skipable though? Seemed pretty important to me.
It pretty much hammer the point that Joestar Team will have a stand user on their way each time they takes a mean of transportation that is supposed to make their trip shorter. The road to Egypt will be perilous. And very long.
Old 2014-04-25, 14:12   Link #233
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Now I can see where Benimaru originated from

Old 2014-04-25, 14:23   Link #234
AntonKutovoi

There's actually alot of people, who orginated from Polnareff
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 14:32   Link #235
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It pretty much hammer the point that Joestar Team will have a stand user on their way each time they takes a mean of transportation that is supposed to make their trip shorter. The road to Egypt will be perilous. And very long.
I know. It was just someone commented that the Tower of Grey fight was one of the most skipable and I'm now not sure why he/she would think that.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 14:50   Link #236
HandofFate

lol, laughed a lot @ 04, with how everyone yells every line, and reacts so surreal to everything.

For some reason I found the scene in Hong Kong funny when they just randomly decided they wanted to order rice porridge, and then Joestar just intrupts Abdol just before he orders, for some reason I just started laughing.

Also, the few callbacks to Joestar's adventure in arc two are always a treat.
Old 2014-04-25, 14:57   Link #237
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Now I can see where Benimaru originated from

I believe that character design of Benimaru came from X-JAPAN.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:43   Link #238
RoboMambo

Quote:
I know. It was just someone commented that the Tower of Grey fight was one of the most skipable and I'm now not sure why he/she would think that.
It was me, I should have posted earlier. I meant it mostly because it's, in either action or fun, one of the most unremarkable fights. Yeah, it clears one point, but if you are gonna make changes, which you will have to if you skip content, making that point with a more interesting fight works. The OVA did it that way and it wasn't bad.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:04   Link #239
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 01:01   Link #240
GundamZZ
残念美人

The fight with Tower is interesting. They risk their lives to win the fight. Besides, the fight was skipped by OVA. Joseph can't do much to turn the favor of the battle. It must be his age. It seems Jotaro will suffer the same fate. Jojo 3, as Jojo 1, has a strange way to depicts "foreign cultures".
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fabulous, shounen