AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 36.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-31, 19:34   Link #61
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Yeah I think it was the Deucalion that make the shot and Inaho just make the calculations, I mean I don't think Inaho's kat have a weapon that can shoot from space to earth.
Ah, ok. I just want to be sure on that because it looked like it came from Inaho's kat. I guess that would be the ship's weapon instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
anyone notice that even immediately after he woke up, Inaho was still looking to take care of Yuki? i hope there are more flashbacks detailing the time after he woke up, to his rehab, to him deciding to get the eye.
Yeah, that was really nice.
Old 2015-01-31, 19:36   Link #62
Irenesharda

Wink

This was once again a very good episode, not as good as last week but still very enjoyable.

We finally get to meet other members of the USE as well as reunite with Yuki and Marito. I have to say that I'm proud of Marito, he is back to being able to lead in battle and is able to push the memories back. He’s even given up alcohol for the most part. Now if only this show would just let him win a battle for once without the all powerful Inaho stepping in.

Anyway, I also enjoy seeing Yuki and finding that she kind of went a little off after her brother's brush with death. She's pestered command to remove him from duty so much to the point where they reassigned her to just get rid of her and it looks like it may have put a strain on her relationship with Inaho.

The battle with Count Mazuurek was good but a little anticlimactic. It's nice to see a count that doesn't think of Terrans with disdain but that just wants to steal Earth's resources in peace.

But once again, despite his short screen time, it's the newly christened Count Slaine Troyard that is the best part of the episode. He falsely smiles in the face of Princess Lemming who reveals that it was Saazbaum that helped her once her family had died and that she was the result of an affair her father had had on the moon and also reveals that it was her father that was responsible for Heaven's Fall, which led to his death. And of course the deaths of billions of Terrans and the utter destruction of mugh of the Earth. Gold going Martians. ...

Anyway, Slaine knows that the Counts and other Martians don't care for him and are just biding their time to discredit and destroy him. So Slaine makes a move to gain their loyalty and admiration, not through words but through actions. He uses his intelligence and cunning to find out about the movements of the UFE base, Trident, and also knows that Deucalion has left the base and is moving back to Earth. He uses the debris from the previous battle as cover and moves quickly through the debris to attack the base single handed. He destroys their new munitions cargo that was just being shipped in, which sets up a chain reaction that destroys the entire base.

His actions gain him the admiration of the Martian base and even some of the counts. With his popularity and position assured for the moment, as no one would dare attack him after that show of cunning and force. His plan going off without a hitch, Slaine goes back to his own territory on the Moon to plan his next move.

Inaho, our other MC, basically does what he does every episode, which is saving the day and explain stuff. Though I have to say that that scene in the beginning with him waking up and trying to cover his sister with the blanket was a very sweet scene and one that I've seen the most emotion come out of him ever.
He seems now determined to do something about Slaine, what that could be, I don't know.

Does anyone get the feeling that Slaine is more Inaho's rival than the other way around? Inaho seems to think about the man and his movements a lot more than Slaine does with him. Slaine seems to be thinking more about his plans and dealing with Vers that he thinks about Inaho.

Anyway, still a good episode and I can't wait until the next episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-01-31 at 23:13.
Old 2015-01-31, 19:43   Link #63
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Does anyone get the feeling that Slaine is more Inaho's rival than the other way aroun? Inaho seems to think about the man and his movements a lot more than Slaine does with him. Slaine seems to be thinking more about his plans and dealing with Vers that he thinks about Inaho.
It's only natural as right now things are going well for Slaine in comparison to Inaho. From Inaho's perspective, Slaine is the one who has given him the most trouble, so Inaho has no choice but to focus on Slaine now. Or rather, Inaho's been wanting to find Slaine ever since Slaine shot him.
Old 2015-01-31, 20:11   Link #64
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well just because Slaine stated it doesn't mean it's accurate. He's making it so people won't openly challenge him that's true. But it just means he's setting himself up for the same kind of betrayal he visited on Saazbaum. No one following him because they believe in him and rather waiting for the first opportunity to betray him. That type does end up dead more often than not.
Actually you can tell it was kind of opposite in that. It's not that they fear him. They are admiring and astounded that this new Terran count could do single handedly what their armies have been trying to do for months. They are saluting him not out of fear, but out of respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Speaking of Marito, should a doctor really offer a drink to a recovering alcoholic?
That scene kind of pissed me off. It wasn’t like Marito was suffering from withdrawal and the doctor was weaning him off by drinking in small amounts, Marito was doing incredibly well considering where we left him last season. And then this hack doctor shows up with a drink telling him it's okay? Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
A count that wasn't cartoonishly sociopathic! So they do exist.
Slaine is going to eventually get rid of all the knights, but I'm wondering if he's going rescue and ally himself with Mazuurek as the man seems to sincerely be one of the few good knights that's just easily led. The OP shows the count reading in space so I'm wondering if someone eventually frees him?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-01-31 at 22:04.
Old 2015-01-31, 20:14   Link #65
Zantetsuken

So Inaho channeled Lockon Stratos. Not bad, not bad at all
Old 2015-01-31, 20:19   Link #66
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
So they're implying that the entire Martian forces were so surprised by Inaho's exploits that they went on the defensive, thus part of the reason why Earth hasn't been conquered yet. I'm not comfortable with that excuse if that ends up being true, but at least it's not the only excuse, or even the most probable, as this latest count has demonstrated that there are Mars factions that are taking their time to conquer territories in a more careful manner. Although, given the technological divide and Inaho's sole importance to Earth's fighting strength, it still should've been possible to take more of Earth's territories in a shorter amount of time.
Well in their defense.

The Martians' key weakness is their greatest strength in that its the counts that have the Aldnoah Drive powers. If a count falls the castle is pretty much next to useless.

We know that while America has been conquered Eastern Asia and neighboring areas are still holding on and it's those areas where Inaho and co. were operating in and we know at least a few knights and a count were taken out. Then with Sazzabaum's castle attack stopped that probably gave the UEF some breathing space to counter attack.

Of course that's still stretching it.
Old 2015-01-31, 20:23   Link #67
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude these episodes are too short. Need 40 min episodes.
Old 2015-01-31, 21:48   Link #68
Esclair

Glad to see we won't have Marito being useless from PTSD every episode like S1. And he does something intelligent this time around! Although he was always a bit more competent compared to everyone else (aside from Inaho) in S1 though, it was just his PTSD holding him back.

I wonder if Inaho is thinking getting more augmentations in order to beat Slaine's Tharsis?
Old 2015-01-31, 21:48   Link #69
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Well in their defense.

The Martians' key weakness is their greatest strength in that its the counts that have the Aldnoah Drive powers. If a count falls the castle is pretty much next to useless.

We know that while America has been conquered Eastern Asia and neighboring areas are still holding on and it's those areas where Inaho and co. were operating in and we know at least a few knights and a count were taken out. Then with Sazzabaum's castle attack stopped that probably gave the UEF some breathing space to counter attack.

Of course that's still stretching it.
Actually, despite having to change tactics and it not being as easy as they thought, the Martians really do have the upper hand. They've conquered about 5 of the 7 continents and and Terrans just have Eurasia and a little of the Middle East. Also, despite however many knights they fight, they've really only taken down a few counts. The war is still pretty one sided, even with Inaho's exploits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I wonder if Inaho is thinking getting more augmentations in order to beat Slaine's Tharsis?
I honestly hope not, for his sake. Unlike other counts, Tharsis while his tool, is still only a tool. Slaine's strongest weapon is actually his intelligence and intuitive mind. All these things that Inaho thinks of as "prediction" is really just Slaine understanding Inaho after having observing him in several battles and understanding what sort of opponent Inaho is and thus turning what he knows about Inaho against him. He's good at long term stratagy, which is actually not one of Inaho's strong points.

I'm interested in what Inaho will try to do though.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-31, 22:10   Link #70
p-kun

If the last Martian Kat is not destroyed, but captured, the earth will have 2 drives, so Inaho can get one.

Looking back, season 1 has a hint on the ending, when Inaho says that war is just a mean of negotiation. Earth and Mars will negotiate in the end, but only after both sides are destroyed enough. To make negotiations happen, both sides would need leaders that can do so without being clouded with revenge and pride. I wonder if Inaho realizes that he needs to climb up the military ladder by the ending of this ep to make this negotiation comes true.
Old 2015-01-31, 23:26   Link #71
Mercenarius
Secret Operative

Not much to say about the episode. Though, it's nice to see Yuki and Marito again.

Those words from Inaho. Looks like he's finally gunning for a decisive victory...
Old 2015-01-31, 23:49   Link #72
MonkeyDude

Hah Inaho you're giving Slaine way too much credit. Though I suppose that's the only logical conclusion he can possibly make without knowing the broken ability of the Tharsis. Here's a hint...it knows when you're going to poop if it occurs within the next 6 hours.

Yuki-nee's triumphant return is much appreciated. I suppose Slaine was a bit badass this episode, but loses a couple of points since the Tharsis is just plain retarded. Inaho's divine eye is as brokenly OP as ever, but then again it's really the only thing keeping Inaho viable as a foe to Slaine.
Old 2015-01-31, 23:54   Link #73
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Glad that Lt. Marito didn't lose consciousness during the fight against Count Mazuurek 'cause it would be catastrophic if he lose it and get pinned down by gravity.

On the other hand, seeing his terrible flashback didn't froze him just like the first half of Aldnoah.Zero.

And speaking of Count Mazuurek, I wonder if he's been captured by the UEF?
Old 2015-02-01, 00:22   Link #74
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

How many people do you think are capable as both scientists, as well as soldiers? Because just being a soldier is not enough and a scientist cannot take part in a battle. I already mentioned that having more scientist in the local HQs to analyse the situations would have been best, but maybe they don't have access to enough of them...

Still the situation is as it is. Most soldiers are NOT scientists and also don't have access to a com-link to a scientist, i.e. they are goners.

What is so hard to understand about this? I figured this out early on in the first season. Seriously, with a little bit of reading(/watching) comprehension it's easy to understand.

In that respect Marito actually did quite well this episode. Maybe they started to get some science lectures in between...
Old 2015-02-01, 01:33   Link #75
Xeiros

I want to know who designs these kataphracts. I'm having a difficult time reconciling that the ones piloting them could possibly also be their creators. Pretty much every knight we've seen has a machine with either a glaring flaw any moron could see in its design or they simply appear to outright lack any understanding of exactly how their "superior" aldnoah machine actually works. Do you think Vlad even knew what water was? When you design a mech to fight on earth you'd think they'd realize how important it was to understand how all of its matter might interact with their technology.

Who designed such wonky machines? You as a viewer have to basically disconnect yourself from the world because it makes no sense. Basically apart from the Tharsis which simply hasn't had its science explained yet pretty much everyone looks to made to be defeated. It's essentially the let's put the shield generator outside the shield logic. Logic for the convenience of the plot. You'd have to be an absolute nitwit to ever think that sort of thinking is a good idea, but that's exactly what you get.

Take this episode's gravity waves knight for example. Do you think he was even aware that his machine was extremely vulnerable to any sort of attack from above? Good thing it moves slower than a dead turtle. How in the world did it get past the design phase? Why would anyone approve a spec like that for production when it has such an obvious design flaw?

Last edited by Xeiros; 2015-02-01 at 01:43.
Old 2015-02-01, 01:52   Link #76
nooneagain

^ that's what I noticed during the fight too.
Old 2015-02-01, 01:59   Link #77
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
I want to know who designs these kataphracts. I'm having a difficult time reconciling that the ones piloting them could possibly also be their creators. Pretty much every knight we've seen has a machine with either a glaring flaw any moron could see in its design or they simply appear to outright lack any understanding of exactly how their "superior" aldnoah machine actually works. Do you think Vlad even knew what water was? When you design a mech to fight on earth you'd think they'd realize how important it was to understand how all of its matter might interact with their technology.

Who designed such wonky machines? You as a viewer have to basically disconnect yourself from the world because it makes no sense. Basically apart from the Tharsis which simply hasn't had its science explained yet pretty much everyone looks to made to be defeated. It's essentially the let's put the shield generator outside the shield logic. Logic for the convenience of the plot. You'd have to be an absolute nitwit to ever think that sort of thinking is a good idea, but that's exactly what you get.

Take this episode's gravity waves knight for example. Do you think he was even aware that his machine was extremely vulnerable to any sort of attack from above? Good thing it moves slower than a dead turtle. How in the world did it get past the design phase? Why would anyone approve a spec like that for production when it has such an obvious design flaw?
maybe it was designed with defense in mind than actual offense.

not to mention your not really expecting to get shot from space. kinda hard to notice someone who's gonna shoot from space. because you know terrans really don't got a weapon known to shoot from space that accurately. or you know because inaho in space, so noone really got to worry on earth but inaho who is in space still fks them up.

those balls can probably move diagonally to have a 360ish defense zone.

eh alot of the martian mechs don't make sense anyway. the shield one made some sense it had offense and defense but yeah glaring defense problems like gaps you wouldn't really notice. but there was also the fact inaho didn't see any barrier nodes on the outer shell, only saucebaam had those.

fist to death made literally no sense, what so ever.

mr.samurai knight was just dumb. also tiny mech legs are disturbing.

mr.frost mech actually made some sense but inaho logic beat that. imma make explosions to block his mechs fridge powers. you would think they give the dude a gun just incase someone can penetrate his defense.
Old 2015-02-01, 02:01   Link #78
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post

I posted this on the previous episode's thread but I'm going to say it again:

I think the abilities of the Martian mechs being so wonky on Earth is deliberate because they had no Earth-like environment to test them in.

It only really hit me when I saw the Dioscuria fight a few episodes ago but I noticed that all of the abilities it came with worked MUCH better in space.

That said, I concluded that most (if not all) of the Martian Kats were designed mainly for use in space and as established in the show they were simply banking on their technology being so superior that any flaws in their design would be a negligible concern once they got to Earth.

I THINK that makes sense?
Old 2015-02-01, 02:03   Link #79
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I posted this on the previous episode's thread but I'm going to say it again:

I think the abilities of the Martian mechs being so wonky on Earth is deliberate because they had no Earth-like environment to test them in.

It only really hit me when I saw the Dioscuria fight a few episodes ago but I noticed that all of the abilities it came with worked MUCH better in space.

That said, I concluded that most (if not all) of the Martian Kats were designed mainly for use in space and as established in the show they were simply banking on their technology being so superior that any flaws in their design would be a negligible concern once they got to Earth.

I THINK that makes sense?
yes that somewhat make sense.

but how does the gravity tornado guy work in space or even move for that matter.

what about mr.frost? how does work in space?

what about mr.samurai knight? it doesn't look it would work that well in space minus the water issues.
Old 2015-02-01, 02:07   Link #80
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, despite having to change tactics and it not being as easy as they thought, the Martians really do have the upper hand. They've conquered about 5 of the 7 continents and and Terrans just have Eurasia and a little of the Middle East. Also, despite however many knights they fight, they've really only taken down a few counts. The war is still pretty one sided, even with Inaho's exploits.

I honestly hope not, for his sake. Unlike other counts, Tharsis while his tool, is still only a tool. Slaine's strongest weapon is actually his intelligence and intuitive mind. All these things that Inaho thinks of as "prediction" is really just Slaine understanding Inaho after having observing him in several battles and understanding what sort of opponent Inaho is and thus turning what he knows about Inaho against him. He's good at long term stratagy, which is actually not one of Inaho's strong points.

I'm interested in what Inaho will try to do though.
WHAT? Really? Slaine was carried HARD by THARSIS. Everyone can looks good if their machine can foresee future and move like lightning.

I would believe you if there is a scene where Slaine riding a trainer kat and humiliated his foe though or else....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Closed Thread