AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-27, 05:31   Link #1321
Gundamx

I had feeling they skipped a lot of thing because of time.

like Why didn't he jump back in time and then repeated everything again?
(To save their friends)

there is chance that enemy side had someone with counter skill for time-leap
(that why MC brother feel like losing to them at one step every time he leap back no matter what he do)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 05:36   Link #1322
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I hope Key and PA works never team up ever again. Or if they do, never with a Maeda story ever again. Actually screw it, never with Key again since I have yet to like their involvement since Clannad and Clannad After days and that series had a lot of problems too. Seriously PAW, just stop - you either suck at making Key-based animes or Key just sucks at making anime in general.. so it's a lose-lose situation.
I can agree with you honestly, and I wish Jun Maeda will just write visual novel stories instead of a 1-cour anime series.

On the other hand, at least there's redemption when Angel Beats! was adapted into a visual novel.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 05:36   Link #1323
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
*sigh* Rewrite is probably the least "key-like" series simply because the main writer is Tanaka.
Confusing a writer and the company as a whole is questionable at best.
I am already familiar with Romeo Tanaka considering I've played two of his VNs (Cross Channel and Yume Miru Kusuri) and watched Humanity has Declined a few years ago.

I was however also told that Little Busters was very different to the trio of Air, Kanon and Clannad... but I didn't see much of a difference at least in Little Busters proper itself (never watched Refrain because I was exhausted by the end of S1). Same usual Key style slice of life/high school antics which are hit or miss. Doesn't Rewrite have that as well?

Anyways I don't want to seem that I'm bagging Tanaka since I actually do like him to an extent but the Key label and studio 8-bit are pretty worrisome signs which is why I will stay away.

Quote:
Not a single chance considering the series isn't exactly well received in Japan either. OTOH, Shirobako's popularity is really high. They aren't on the same league at all.
Good!

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2015-09-27 at 05:53.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 05:56   Link #1324
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I am already familiar with Romeo Tanaka considering I've played two of his VNs (Cross Channel and Yume Miru Kusuri) and watched Humanity has Declined a few years ago.

I was however also told that Little Busters was very different to the trio of Air, Kanon and Clannad... but I didn't see much of a difference at least in Little Busters proper itself (never watched Refrain because I was exhausted by the end of S1). Same usual Key style slice of life/high school antics which are hit or miss. Doesn't Rewrite have that as well?
That's like saying every VN are the same because they have high school antics. Learn to go deeper than that, otherwise, you are saying G senjou no Maou is the same as LB for merely having antics at school.

You should realize by now that a writer make up for the narrative along with the plot. Especially if the plot itself is completely different.

And yeah, LB can be considered as different from the other 3 because the themes were focused on adolescence and growth, whereas the other 3 have their respective themes, while having a common approach for the common route only.
Old 2015-09-27, 06:04   Link #1325
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's like saying every VN are the same because they have high school antics. Learn to go deeper than that, otherwise, you are saying G senjou no Maou is the same as LB for merely having antics at school.
This is getting offtopic but:

Spoiler for VN Talk:

Quote:
You should realize by now that a writer make up for the narrative along with the plot. Especially if the plot itself is completely different.
Sure I'll give you that... but i do believe it is a flaw if you have to go through HALF of something before you get to the real meat of the VN. Granted majority of VNs fall under this trap, but they don't have the brand recognition or power that Key does (nor do they get anime adaptions at a frequent basis) I know you are using the G Senjou example because you know I read it and like it, but had me interested from the get go amongst the antics whilst the Key VNs I've read in the past all seem to seem jampack the meat towards it's latter third or so.

Quote:
And yeah, LB can be considered as different from the other 3 because the themes were focused on adolescence and growth, whereas the other 3 have their respective themes, while having a common approach for the common route only.
Agreed theme wise. Disagree in terms of tone, atmosphere and execution because it feels like any other Key series minus heavy romance elements. At least up until he end of S1 since I like I said never watched Refrain.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 06:21   Link #1326
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
like Why didn't he jump back in time and then repeated everything again?
(To save their friends)
He explained that. Because he decided that powers themselves were wrong, and he wouldn't compromise even to save Kumagami. He was going to take all the powers, period.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 06:46   Link #1327
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He explained that. Because he decided that powers themselves were wrong, and he wouldn't compromise even to save Kumagami. He was going to take all the powers, period.
That's right. That's the reason he took away the healing power of that young girl in the village.

I've also noticed a trend of posts belittling the last power being courage. But they don't say that the girl still had courage even after the power was plundered. She was so frightened she was shaking, but she still stood her ground. Its a good message: you don't need to be a superhero to be brave, and you can still be brave, and face deadly adversaries, even when your so scared you just might wet your pants.
Old 2015-09-27, 07:56   Link #1328
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
This is getting offtopic but:

Spoiler for VN Talk:
Which is incorrect because likely 90 or even 95% of all visual novels have a school setting (sometimes to a lesser extend but still).
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 08:30   Link #1329
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Which is incorrect because likely 90 or even 95% of all visual novels have a school setting (sometimes to a lesser extend but still).
What's not the point. The point is about how SoL and comedy part is handled. IMHO it's really different in ReWrite from other Key works.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 08:43   Link #1330
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
What's not the point. The point is about how SoL and comedy part is handled. IMHO it's really different in ReWrite from other Key works.
Well that is different in pretty much most cases of Visual novels when the writer has changed. That's why "brand" is not so much important for the story than the writers

Like for example Sagaplanets' Hatsuyuki Sakura is completely different than Sagaplanet's later 2 works , Karumaruka Circle and Hanasaki Workspring, because Niijima Yuu left Sagaplanets 3 years ago
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 08:48   Link #1331
Arkard

We still never did get to find out why Nao was beat up by the gang of girls or why they resented her did we?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 08:59   Link #1332
Vaans
NEET

That girl with the 'Courage' ability is so cute. She should have been included in the main cast. Oh well.

The ending was good. I like it as it is.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 09:05   Link #1333
cyth
Banned

I honestly didn't think the courage gimmick was that problematic. The girl reminded me of someone, perhaps the main girl from Angel Beats, not sure. But it's like whenever they introduce a character and she's shining like she was part of the main cast, it raises a bit of an unintended question of "why now?"
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 09:07   Link #1334
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
and he could still do those things after saving kumagami.

so much irony and hypocrisy with yuu. kumagami was the one who led him back to his brother in order for him to get the time travel to save his sister in the first place.

introducing time travel was a mistake, as it really amounted to pretty much nothing in the end. shouldnt have killed ayumi in the first place and just have kumagami die later on if thats what they want.

it was also in the first timeline where yuuXnao really looked well and plausible to happen, with yuu being really impressed and grateful to nao watching over him and nao seeing him as a great guy thanks to yuu bringing in sala for nao's brother to recover.
and they still become a couple like this, even though nao didnt have that much time bond with and appreciate yuu in this timeline.

the courage girl would have been better somewhere in the middle of the episode where yuu starts to give up but thanks to her "ability" he keeps on going.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 09:24   Link #1335
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My reply to silvercover is in spoiler space below, as it is long.

Spoiler for Reply to silvercover:
Old 2015-09-27, 09:26   Link #1336
moodie

you either get Key or u dont. i for one found this anime to be good...not the best but def better than little busters lol.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 09:36   Link #1337
Fairy Water

What a let down ending
So much potential when Yuu's memory gone and his personality starting to shift I was like 'Yes! Drama shit is coming once and again!!! ' but then BUMP!!! A helicopter from no where pick him up THIS IS SUCK!!!

I should not expected too much from Key after all the moe shit art, force romance, dense characters.

Rate: 8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
the courage girl would have been better somewhere in the middle of the episode where yuu starts to give up but thanks to her "ability" he keeps on going.
Yeah, that's would be more meaningful of this ability.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 09:38   Link #1338
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
you either get Key or u dont. i for one found this anime to be good...not the best but def better than little busters lol.
I get the impression that some people think that Key is just all-around great.

I like Key, but no, they're not all-around great.

There's some specific things they're usually great at. Emotional impact. Likable characters. Thematic resonance.

Plots that stand up well under careful critical examination? Not really. That's not Key's strong suit, imo.

When it comes to that, there's plenty of holes I could pick with Clannad or Kanon or Little Busters if I wanted to. Those are shows I love, but not because of airtight plots.
Old 2015-09-27, 09:39   Link #1339
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
I honestly wonder how many people found this anime to be Key-like. I didn't think Angel Beats! was particularly Key-like either. If feels is everything that characterizes Key stories, then we can label a whole lot of stories to be Key-like. The truth is they're not. Even more so, Key anime themselves aren't uniform either. Maybe the execution of comedy found in KyoAni's Kanon and Clannad are similar. Thematically, if there's anything common to them at all, it's the mystical town motif found in Kanon, Air, Clannad.

Either way, I didn't "get" this show and I consider myself to be a fan of Key's older stories. Charlotte was just Maeda Jun probably in a cuckold position, his name being used for advertising purposes.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 09:47   Link #1340
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To give Charlotte proper credit, its "default heroine" is much better characterized and more compelling than those like Ayu from Kanon.

EDIT: To compare with Angel Beats, I never liked Yuripe who struck me as insufferable, whereas Tenshi is someone I did feel sorry for.

Last edited by Sheba; 2015-09-27 at 10:01.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers