Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-09-25, 16:22   Link #61
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
Oh fuck you Kishi!

Next week is the final chapter with a 10 year time skip and NO FINAL BATTLE!!!

https://twitter.com/newsmangajapon/s...40112032206848
Logic would say that's incorrect, unless volume 71 intends to have 50% more chapters than a normal volume, or volume 72 intends to have 50% less chapters than a normal volume.

It's far more likely that Kishi will end the series at chapter 700, which would also provide a near perfect 10-11 final volume for volume 72 in addition to being a landmark number.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 16:49   Link #62
Apollian

now the most important fear of Sasuke and Naruto fighting before was that we all knew that Naruto's weakness was Genjutsu, yet he was able to see through what Sasuke did to Sakura in the blink of an eye?.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 16:54   Link #63
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I really really hope Sasuke gets destroyed. It's also annoying that Naruto still wants Sasuke home. It's unhealthy
Old 2014-09-25, 17:12   Link #64
Alchemist007
*Author

Time to fight the good fight.
Old 2014-09-25, 18:32   Link #65
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanaChie View Post
Wut? Well I guess everyone can run out of ideas, but totally avoiding it ? D:
Typical manga en on Japan, and. I calle it a. day.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 18:33   Link #66
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Okay, so I went from laughing (like a crazy) at:

Sasuke: You really are.. damned annoying.

..to wtf, he penetrated her.. OMG *worried*

and then goddamn Naruto crushED the fleeting high I got from superb character/plot development in those panels..

(those were easily the best panels in Naruto so far.. imho)

The chapter was a nice change of pace (and frankly refreshing). Though, really, Sasuke & Naruto just traveled over two landmasses/countries.. to what end (maybe hes trying to separate him for some reason.. perhaps to avoid undue collateral damage?) .. Its a nice final touch though, for them to resolve their rivalry (or ancestral feud) @ The Valley of the End where they initially fought.

Last edited by QS_Bilal; 2014-09-25 at 18:50.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 18:35   Link #67
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTwo View Post
Well now, given this chap, I'm just gonna call it now and say neither Sasuke or Naruto survive this fight.
Decent enough shout. Naruto did claim that if they fought again they'd both die so I suppose if Kishi is trying to be clever, he can say he planned it all along.
Old 2014-09-25, 19:14   Link #68
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
Decent enough shout. Naruto did claim that if they fought again they'd both die so I suppose if Kishi is trying to be clever, he can say he planned it all along.
either they both die or neither does. my bet is on neither
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 19:41   Link #69
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
(grabs popcorn)...

Well this is proving to be very amusing. Not sure how I feel about them fighting at the Valley of the End again though...
Lol.

And I'm happy about them fighting there for the ending. It's the most fitting thing I've wanted since the end of part 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well, SakuraxSasuke confirmed *grabs popcorn*
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
the same, i was like : WTF???!!! how did they reach that place while so6p and kakashi talked to each other?

seriously, the speed they need would be above god-tier, and this chapter had another as*pull-part at least they will fight

and my prediction:

it will be sasuke who dominates...
than naruto will say what his reason is, he will start to overhelm sasuke...
sasuke will than accept some stuff which makes no sense...

they will fight and both will be equal after 5-6 chapters...

2 chapters we will have the real Talk no Jutsu, sasukes reasons are collapsing and both will knock each other to the other side of the valley after a chidori vs rasengan thing with all the remaining chakra of them...

naruto will acknoowledge sasukes reasons and say that his own way isnt perfect and that sasukes way isnt perfect too but if they work together they could come close to that...

and ENDING!!

sasuke is good, together with sakura, everyone is free, naruto and sasuke are heroes, kakashi is hokage...

happy end for everyone!!
and the last words will be spoken by so6p as a narrator who speaks of the differences and similaritiesof sasuke and naruto
No. You didn't even mention Naruto/Hinata! (even if I want it to happen it isn't the point right now):

There was just no transition scene from when Naruto and Sasuke went to the valley. No one ever said how much time passed, like other people have already said. Also, I disagree about how the whole fight thing is going to work. I just have a feeling it'll be different than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... I feel this chapter didn't really do anything except explain why Sakura's not taking part in the fight and move the location. Did we really need more than 2-3 pages for that?
Yes. It explained why Sakura wasn't in the fight. It moved the location. It also explained why the Sage of Six Paths did what he did in order to make his decision not look stupid which I appreciated. It also showed that Sasuke still has feelings for Sakura. It also foreshadowed that Sasuke actually likely has a valid reason for venting against the Kages. This chapter also showed that Sasuke wants to kill Naruto, not just the Kages. Sasuke also rejected the ideals of his brother... which was a bit important tbh. We also got to see Sasuke say the best line he has said in the entire manga... which is in the next quoted post...

There were a lot of good reasons for a chapter of this length...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Sasuke: "I don't see what she likes about me and honestly I'm not really interested in her at all."

Me: Why is everyone looking at Sasuke like he just said something wrong? That's the only reasonable thing he's said in 693 chapters.
He said something unreasonable. What he said was first of all a lie. Otherwise, why wouldn't he have killed Sakura instead of making her faint so she wouldn't follow and get caught up in the fight. He could have ended her right there... but he didn't... and he didn't want her to follow... he had no reason to care about whether or not she followed... unless he still cares about her... that's really what it is... he's still being tsundere.

Other than that: the way he said what he said was the first honest thing he probably said about himself. That's just weird TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm withholding judgment on sasuke until his reasons are clear. he's obviously not bad. if he was he would have killed sakura and kakashi. and he wouldn't have cared to move the fight. he wanted to get naruto alone so he could talk to him away from others
I agree. I feel the same. I still all of them. But you know how it is. People want to be able to rant about something, which is why they are here. (Or they're defending it's validity like us...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
this is it...

End your series with a bang, Kishi!

Show us the most epic battle in Naruto history

Honestly, Naruto vs Sasuke always be a good one so this time I hope it would be at least in match with Hashirama vs Madara
Yep. I loved those two battles. It would be amazing.

Quote:
it's not 'some affection', she apparently still LOVES him. likewise I think sasuke loves her too. his foot trembled when she spoke. given tobirama's explanation that uchiha actually love too much, it makes sense for him to feel that way. i'm very interested to know his real reasons for the way he's acting right now
Yep. Cliffhanger.

Quote:
i thought nobody else saw that
his face was also different from the time where he said that he would killt he kages and bijuu
i liked it
Everyone saw it. Most people didn't want to acknowledge it though because they want to just hate.

Quote:
either they both die or neither does. my bet is on neither
Spoiler for Last Naruto Movie:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 19:59   Link #70
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

Well now, the final fight is nigh (well it was 2 weeks ago however Kishimoto's gotta milk that tension for all its worth, but details). I like it this way though. Naruto's mostly through with words this time. He mentioned Itachi's last message to Sasuke but it felt more like he was fulfilling an obligation rather than try and win Sasuke over with it. He knows words are meaningless now and only fists will be talking.

In a surprising turn of events it's everyone else BUT Naruto doing the talking and appealing to some decency in Sasuke (ha, the fools). Even Sasuke's getting in on the talking bits and Naruto's mostly the listener here.

As for Sasuke...can we start the fight so he keeps quiet for a while. Just hush him up for a chapter or 2? Preferrably with a Rasengan to the throat.
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 21:20   Link #71
Man of Sin

Quote:
Well, SakuraxSasuke confirmed *grabs popcorn*
No, it's dead. Did you not learn to what Sasuke said?
Man of Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 22:52   Link #72
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Sasuke should become a vegetable. Rasenshuriken to the face and leave him on a bed.
Old 2014-09-26, 07:11   Link #73
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
No, it's dead. Did you not learn to what Sasuke said?
I know how to read and understand story structure and foreshadowing.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 07:42   Link #74
juve

We can't do anything with deluded people from shipping fans.
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 08:02   Link #75
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
The crazy reactions from the shipping fandoms is the thing I most enjoy about Naruto. NaruSaku fans are jumping ship and even bashing Sakura for acting like a broken Sasuke fangirl. They are correct that even if Kishi did NS now, it would not be the same. SasuSaku fans are declaring victory even though we are still in the same love triangle as before. But Kishi seems heading this direction.

Honestly, NH and SS look pretty good now. Naruto should actually pursue someone who loves him. Sasuke and Sakura deserve each other.

Oh yeah, the fight. Expect lots of talking.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 08:02   Link #76
LevelSeven

Quote:
I know how to read and understand story structure and foreshadowing.
the feet says everything
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 08:29   Link #77
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Interesting chapter! I hope Naruto beats the arrogance out of that emo queen!

Good thing about this chapter. SasuSaku is finally dead!
Old 2014-09-26, 09:19   Link #78
Hoodspirit

Quote:
the feet says everything
It's not the feet, but the repetition of elements within the storytelling.
You might want to refresh your memories a bit on the events leading to their last fight at the valley.
Sakura scene was at 181.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 09:24   Link #79
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Sasuke has to learn how the love again...just that line of thought makes me lulz
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 10:20   Link #80
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Good thing about this chapter. SasuSaku is finally dead!
lol I'm afraid just like Naruto "getting the rinnegan", this hope/prediction/whatever is going to leave alot of you dissapointed. I think some of you need to read that scene again because this chapter pretty much confirmed Sasuke and Sakura(and by extension Naruto and Hinata lol). When Kakashi emphasized Sakura's feelings for him Sasuke was practically stuttering when he responded(among other forshadowing signs), and it made him think of his family bonds, and we know he suppresses and/or avoids bonds to avoid the risk of losing them. If nothing else, you can think of it this way: at the end of each ordeal, Naruto's "philosophy" changes the opponents world view to an almost complete 180; so if Sasuke's denying his feelings for Sakura now...
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion