AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-07-17, 11:07   Link #1
Twi

Konjiki no Moji Tsukai (Word Master) [Manga]

Quote:
Synopsis: In a different world there's been conflict brewing between the beastmen, demons, and humans. Naturally, a human king decides to perform a summoning ritual to call in four heroes to fix this, but instead gets five.

Okamura Hiiro was summoned by accident since he sat near the other four students in class. Unlike them, he did not have the title of a 'Hero' but instead he had the title of 'Word Master' and 'Innocent Bystander'. Not really into the thought of working for the king, he decides to decides to join the Adventurer's Guild to earn enough money so he can travel the world.
Konjiki no Moji Tsukai - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat is an Isekai manga series, basically. That should tell you a lot considering the flood of them we've had. It's not one that plays it completely straight, but its not a subversion either, but a bit inbetween.

It's honestly one of the few Isekai I've found as of late that I've enjoyed. The main character has a suitable unique power with a respectable power curve, he's anti-social in the sense that he doesn't want to get involved without compensation and he doesn't mince words, but books and food are what he demands and he seems to have a soft spot for kids. The four summoned heroes aren't assholes either, though they don't get much screen time.

There is a web novel out there, but from what I can tell from the manga its following the light novel's path and has changed certain events and is up to chapter 38.

Last edited by Twi; 2018-07-17 at 11:44.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 11:31   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The MC pisses me off so much
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 12:17   Link #3
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Tsundere MC (male) nothing wrong with that.

There is WN thread too, I think the LN ended already?
Old 2018-07-17, 12:20   Link #4
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Tsundere MC (male) nothing wrong with that.

There is WN thread too, I think the LN ended already?
Mangaupdates states 13 volumes and complete. Tv Tropes page has information, but I think most of it comes from the webnovel.

And the MC is reasonable in the manga so far. The only thing he did that I outright disliked was when he tried to have Arnold hand over his food without compensating him for it. Though him sparing the leader of the Beast Cage and the dude who was conducting experiments on making the Chimera struck me as a bad idea as well, but the heroes arrested the dude when he caused a ruckus with his own boss and I'm not sure if the fat man will return.
Old 2018-07-17, 12:27   Link #5
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

He was pissed after leaving the human kingdom and some of those happened because he was too indifferent to what happened around him.

He just wanted to go on a culinary tour but everyone got in his way.
Old 2018-07-17, 12:50   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The only thing he did that I outright disliked was when he tried to have Arnold hand over his food without compensating him for it.
It's the scene after that that made me hate him

A child and an old man are about to die and he's hell-bent on demanding freaking fish from them, what an asshole

I know it might be done for comedic purpose, but it's not funny at all

Everyone would be willing to give you some food, hell, all of their food, if you saved their lives, duh
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 13:12   Link #7
Twi

Honestly, if he actually left her to die then I'd level a similar compliant, but considering how it ended I can't complain barring the fact that it was his rampant hunger that caused the issue. Though there is some tone clash with his interest outweighing the situation at hand, so that's definitely a character flaw.

But I've seen so much worse, so...

Last edited by Twi; 2018-07-17 at 13:43.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote