AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-05, 01:37   Link #21
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Some promo footage was shown on a commercial for the upcoming Savers series.

Feast your eyes with these pics.

An only four weeks to be precise to go for the arrival of Digimon Savers.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 01:55   Link #22
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel
And where are the goggles?!
I was wondering the same thing where is trademark goggle boy???
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 04:08   Link #23
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

At last, a promo video for Savers has been uploaded, and it runs for about fifteen seconds of footage.

There are three things that I concluded from watching the promo.
1. As someone else posted, Wada Kouji did not return to do the singing for the OP theme and neither will AiM. I cannot be certain, but listening to the music theme being played it looked to me that L'Arc en Ciel is performing the opening theme for Savers.

2. Impossible to tell for the rest of the evolution sequences, however, all the evolutions from Rookie to Champion forms are done in CGI. When the evolution is working the Champion skin materializes over the Rookie skin while the latter one disintegrates.

3. About a ninety percent that Digimon Savers would be the official title for the final product. The title is displayed as Digimon Savers in the preview, and even Masaru's narration confirms that.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 04:35   Link #24
monster

Can someone refresh my memory?
I know season 1 was about the original 8 kids.
Season 2 is about the 2 youngest kids from the original cast plus some new kids with the older kids making cameos, and there's some eggs involved I think.
I'm not sure about seasons 3 and 4, though I think I've seen them.
One of them is where Digimon is a TV series, a card game, etc. and the main protagonist's digimon came to live out of some virtual egg and he tries to hide him from everybody like some overgrown pet and there's 2 other kids I think.
And the other one I believe is where, uhm, the kids become digimon? I'm not sure.
Did I get any of this right?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 04:50   Link #25
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Can someone refresh my memory?
I know season 1 was about the original 8 kids.
Season 2 is about the 2 youngest kids from the original cast plus some new kids with the older kids making cameos, and there's some eggs involved I think.
I'm not sure about seasons 3 and 4, though I think I've seen them.
One of them is where Digimon is a TV series, a card game, etc. and the main protagonist's digimon came to live out of some virtual egg and he tries to hide him from everybody like some overgrown pet and there's 2 other kids I think.
And the other one I believe is where, uhm, the kids become digimon? I'm not sure.
Did I get any of this right?
Yep, pretty much right. Not sure about season 2 though...but there was armor-digivolving (eggs) in it.

Season 3 is tamers, where the last form combined both the tamers and their monsters. 3 Kids as main characters, with like another tamer who solos.

Season 4 is frontiers, where the kids themselves become the digimon (theres like 3 forms I think, the humanoid fom, the beast form, and the combination of beast and humanoid).
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 05:00   Link #26
monster

Ok, thanks, now I can look forward to season 5.
Old 2006-03-05, 05:12   Link #27
Fel
Clean up princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Yep, pretty much right. Not sure about season 2 though...but there was armor-digivolving (eggs) in it.

Season 3 is tamers, where the last form combined both the tamers and their monsters. 3 Kids as main characters, with like another tamer who solos.

Season 4 is frontiers, where the kids themselves become the digimon (theres like 3 forms I think, the humanoid fom, the beast form, and the combination of beast and humanoid).

I always found it weird that every new season creeped closer and closer to human evolution (no pun intended) until they finally got there.

The first season had regular evos.
The second had monsters merge with other monsters while their humans' heartbeats synced up.
The third seson had monsters merge with humans.
And the fourth season just went right out and had humans evolve.

Reminds me of the 3D Zelda games, the way each one strays further from controlling standard Link than the last.
Old 2006-03-05, 12:58   Link #28
Kensuke

I watched the short promo for Digimon Savers, looks good.
I liked the original concept, only digimon doing the fighting, so I hope that goes for Savers as well.

There is also a Digimon wikipedia, called... Wikimon.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 19:14   Link #29
AllAboutUS
If The World Only Was

Send a message via MSN to AllAboutUS
the seasons out here and yah that digimon is in it!
AllAboutUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 08:33   Link #30
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

http://www.sonicfighters.com/FMForum/viewtopic.php?t=49

Just a comparason between fansubs.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 04:05   Link #31
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Why are we getting Agumon again?
Old 2006-03-12, 05:25   Link #32
monster

What's wrong with Agumon? Though I'd rather see Gomamon again.
Old 2006-03-12, 06:07   Link #33
EdenB
Overlord

Though you see a tamer punching a digimon several times larger than it, in that screenshot at least there aren't hints of human evolution yet... >.>

Has the promo footage been released online, or just screenshots of it? Does anyone know if it's been licenced? With how Frontier bombed, i'd wonder if they would licence it right off.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 06:14   Link #34
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I thought we will get a whole new digimon for each seasons. I like Agumon but i would prefer if a new digimon was used as the main one...
Old 2006-03-12, 06:27   Link #35
monster

Ah, I see. I also like seeing seeing different digimons as the main mon, but not necessarily new ones. I wasn't too excited at seeing the main digimons of the later seasons, especially with all the new evolutions they put in. Going to the classics, like Gomamon could be fun...
Old 2006-03-12, 19:06   Link #36
Evangelion-Fan
Evangelion Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
What's wrong with Agumon? Though I'd rather see Gomamon again.
i would too
Evangelion-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 10:16   Link #37
EdenB
Overlord

I'd rather see Tailmon (Gatomon in dub) again, but i'm picky. >_>; And since it's already a champion, it'd not leave much left to evolve into.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 23:04   Link #38
ChoboChan

I'd rather see Renamon XD (Tamers was the only season I watched and actually liked. ) >_> Though I'm intrested in this one so I'm gonna give it a try when its out.
ChoboChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 08:25   Link #39
jpwong

Anyone find it odd that Digimon of all things is so far set to be poised as the most oversubbed series of Spring 2006 (not that I'm complainning) based on group announcements so far? There are 6 groups that have announced (or released the trailer) with the intentions to sub so far as I've counted.
With The Will (WTW), WolfPackProductions (WPP), Anime-Himitsu, jinchuuriki, Fighting Magic and now SD.

It's certainly not something I was expecting. I thought it was going to be WPP and WTW when I first got informed on the new series.
Old 2006-03-14, 09:41   Link #40
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
Anyone find it odd that Digimon of all things is so far set to be poised as the most oversubbed series of Spring 2006 (not that I'm complainning) based on group announcements so far? There are 6 groups that have announced (or released the trailer) with the intentions to sub so far as I've counted.
With The Will (WTW), WolfPackProductions (WPP), Anime-Himitsu, jinchuuriki, Fighting Magic and now SD.

It's certainly not something I was expecting. I thought it was going to be WPP and WTW when I first got informed on the new series.
FM won't be doing the series. The only intention was to release a trailer for the fans, but this got pushed back the momment WTW released theirs. Then we decided completely not to release it once WPP released theirs. But anyways, that list is correct.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon, toei