Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 15:12   Link #61
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Started v3:
if there is any romance in this, it must be between Hachiman and Saika. Its quite obvious the two of them are attracted to each other.

I feel bad for Yui.

Yukino and Hacchiman imo are very similar to each other: Yukino developed her sharp tongue to keep people away because her talents and good looks attracted too much hostility, while the once overly sensitive Hacchiman decided to become a lone hermit because of he has lost all confidence in relationship with other people.
That seems like am accurate analysis. Wait, Saika's a guy, though.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 15:18   Link #62
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Saika's a guy, though.
Doesn't stop Hachiman from finding Saika to be cute and from Saika to act all girly around Hachiman...

Yokino is kind of cute during the animal exhibit.

//

Edit:
Finished v3.
I think Yukino has accepted Hachiman as a friend - at least her cuter side is leaking out.
While I do not think she "likes" him in the lover term, he is one of the few that she is willing to share a secret with an open up to. As one of the closest guys to her heart (but still farrrrr away), I think he might have a shot at her: that is if she starts to like him and is willing to hurt Yui who obviously has got her eyes on Hachiman.

Yui wore the dog collar Hachiman bought for her dog... bursted out laughing at that part.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-04-18 at 23:50.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:23   Link #63
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
As they get closer, how does their dialogue change? I say this because the snark to snark combat was a major draw for me.
Let's just say, She now considers Hachiman as a worthy opponent.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:06   Link #64
terribad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Let's just say, She now considers Hachiman as a worthy opponent.
Yes my first reply.

Sounds interesting or for lack of better words F**K YEAH. Acknowledged worthy opponents was exactly what I wanted their relationship to evolve into. (I wanted the same for Hitagi and Araragi; although it didn't work out that way, I still found it interesting). A semi-accurate example of what I want is perhaps Beatrice and Benedict from Much Ado About Nothing. I think the romantic element added depth there but I would have enjoyed their relationship without it as well.

But you didn't reply to the 'not really' query and that's a little worrying. Perhaps their romantic relationship is too ambiguous to comfortably say anything. In either case I can take the truth - come at me bro.

Do you agree that the current volumes can be split into parts? Part 1: Vol 1-2,
Part 2: Vol 3-6 & Part 3: Vol 7. Any idea why people choose this particular arrangement? Because 2-3 google translated bloggers split the volumes up like this.

Last edited by terribad; 2013-04-19 at 02:05.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 00:54   Link #65
ChronoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
Do you agree that the current volumes can be split into parts? Part 1: Vol 1-3,
Part 2: Vol 3-6 & Part 3: Vol 7. Any idea why people choose this particular arrangement? Because 2-3 google translated bloggers spit the volumes up like this.
I'd say that if you were to divide the current volumes into parts then it would be like that.

Part 1: 1-2
Part 2: 3-6
Part 3: 7

As to why they are split like this I'd say volume 1 and 2 serve to introduce most of the cast, as well as the activities of the club, and shows the various views of each of the characters.

Part 2 displays further interactions between the characters and illustrates the differences in opinions held between characters which serves to provide greater depth and character development to most of the cast.
ChronoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 04:50   Link #66
Hachiman

Quote:
I think he might have a shot at her: that is if she starts to like him and is willing to hurt Yui who obviously has got her eyes on Hachiman.
Thanks for the small summary for the volume 3.
I think Yukino would be worth the challenge.She is top class.Yukino would obviously have to sacrifice her friendship with Yui for love.It wouldn't be an easy decision to make.In the end it depends on who Hachiman prefers.
I learned from wikipedia that Hayato is not on friendly terms with Hachiman because of his relationship with Yukino.Have the things improved between the two or have they become worse?

Last edited by Hachiman; 2013-04-19 at 04:54. Reason: Thanking the OP.
Hachiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 09:19   Link #67
Battler-kun

MC will get the Shota, because he is gay.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 09:57   Link #68
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiman View Post
Thanks for the small summary for the volume 3.
I think Yukino would be worth the challenge.She is top class.Yukino would obviously have to sacrifice her friendship with Yui for love.It wouldn't be an easy decision to make.In the end it depends on who Hachiman prefers.
I learned from wikipedia that Hayato is not on friendly terms with Hachiman because of his relationship with Yukino.Have the things improved between the two or have they become worse?
Where is the summary of volume 3? Cause I for one haven't seen it.
Just watch episode 3 and he should have made her slam her body in the fence to teach that bitch a lesson.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:41   Link #69
nacer666

At the end of volume 2 hachiman described yui as a gentle girl and then he added 'I hate gentle girls' so i don't think she is his type.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:15   Link #70
Shadow5YA

Is Yui officially part of the Service/Volunteers Club, or does she just hang out with them while Hachiman and Yukino are still the only members?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 15:34   Link #71
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

She is officially part of the club.
Old 2013-04-19, 15:38   Link #72
blackwhite67
Banned

I just watched episode 3. I never would have thought our Hachiman could shine like that. BTW, it looked like Yukinon knew that Hachiman could take advantage of the wind. If this is true, then how did she know?
Old 2013-04-19, 16:18   Link #73
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiman View Post
That part of the wiki article is not phrased properly, so you shouldn't take it to a T,

First of all I don't remember Yukino & Hayato being ever called childhood friends. Yukino & Hayato's parents are good friends, their families are supposed to be of similar standings, & Yukino & Hayato have been in the same class for a bunch of years together ever since being kids, that sounds like a childhood friends, right? ..... But where is the friendship?

So, while I haven't read his whole story (don't care ) it's easy to assume that he is among the lot that Yukino labeled as "everyone liked me", it would be easy to assume that he wouldn't be comfortable with Yukino getting along specially well with someone else (supposedly, that's what Yukino's & Hachiman's bickering looks like to outside eyes), what I mean is that they being on speaking terms alone might rub people off.

In fact even though he is a good guy, when it comes down to it Yukino has made comments like "If I had taken some wrong turn in my life, I would have ended like that" It would be good if someone else could elaborate, of course.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:48   Link #74
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Saika is getting annoying: in a novel where readers are dying for more hints between Hachiman and the two girls, he goes around and triggers all sorts of events with Hachiman... why can't he just be borned as a girl? Would make the LN so much easier to read -_-
Old 2013-04-19, 17:55   Link #75
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Saika is getting annoying: in a novel where readers are dying for more hints between Hachiman and the two girls, he goes around and triggers all sorts of events with Hachiman... why can't he just be borned as a girl? Would make the LN so much easier to read -_-
Does Saika raise that many flags with Hachiman?
Old 2013-04-19, 18:32   Link #76
sarofski

Seems that there are few people in this thread who have read the LNs.
Could you enlighten us with more Spoilers from the later LNs.
More specifically about the relationship between the MCs.
Thanks
sarofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 19:32   Link #77
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
What's the name of this LN again?
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 19:38   Link #78
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
What's the name of this LN again?
It is the title of this thread. What a pointless question.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 19:47   Link #79
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
It is the title of this thread. What a pointless question.
I think he is referring to the Saika x Hachiman part.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:39   Link #80
waffler

i dont want romance between the 2 girls i want romance between hachiman and teacher
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck