AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-01, 06:09   Link #161
Lohha

I see this right? In the preview, there is

Spoiler for Preview:

?
Old 2013-05-01, 07:33   Link #162
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohha View Post
I see this right? In the preview, there is

Spoiler for Preview:

?
Kuroneko was wearing that white costume you see in the opening when she confessed so probably not.
And what they were talking in the preview makes absolutely no sense.
Old 2013-05-01, 16:28   Link #163
finalfury
Incognito

Volume 7 in one episode pretty much I guess. Kuroneko does appear in her shironeko form so her fans will be ecstatic and she may even get new fans. :/
Old 2013-05-01, 19:08   Link #164
GVN.Chaos

That's nearly impossible. I mean, without Mikagami, there is no fake boyfriend inciddent. No inciddent meant no Kyousuke's greeneyes monster. That event is one of the main reason for Kirino to allow Kuroneko to confess, not to mention it did strengthen their bond and make Kyousuke admit that he is a siscon.
Old 2013-05-01, 20:04   Link #165
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
That's nearly impossible. I mean, without Mikagami, there is no fake boyfriend inciddent. No inciddent meant no Kyousuke's greeneyes monster. That event is one of the main reason for Kirino to allow Kuroneko to confess, not to mention it did strengthen their bond and make Kyousuke admit that he is a siscon.
I think they can write it in a different way to deliver the same effect without actually involving the third-wheel (at least not on-screen), and that would probably be a more effective use of time in the grand scheme of things. Plus, they can build off of Kyousuke's siscon confession in the previous episode for that part. If they trim a little content in this part, I think I'd probably be okay with it, depending on what they do. Introducing new characters to serve as an illustration for a plot bridge isn't necessarily what you want at this point in the story.
Old 2013-05-01, 20:15   Link #166
GVN.Chaos

True, by cutting off new character, it prevent the story from goes off track. But then, hell, in LN, Kirino didn't throw a tandrum after Kuroneko confessed because she reflected on her action. Without anything to reflect, I can't imagine how could they Kirino in check >.<
Old 2013-05-01, 21:13   Link #167
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Volume 7 in one episode pretty much I guess. Kuroneko does appear in her shironeko form so her fans will be ecstatic and she may even get new fans. :/
It's make me thinking. I may be wrong since I haven't been around when the first season aired, but the way I see it till now, it looks like here anime-only viewers/fans are more.... vocal with the whole waifu war / favorite girl thing, and the majority here seems on Kuroneko team and hate Kirino.

So I imagine the reaction of the viewers, how...... 'active' the upcoming episode threads will be when the whole thing of Kyousuke dating Ruri airs, and then later when Ruri breaks up with him, with Kirino as the reason behind it and she is also the one comforting Kyousuke Mods will probably have to pull extra shift
Old 2013-05-01, 22:04   Link #168
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
It's make me thinking. I may be wrong since I haven't been around when the first season aired, but the way I see it till now, it looks like here anime-only viewers/fans are more.... vocal with the whole waifu war / favorite girl thing, and the majority here seems on Kuroneko team and hate Kirino.
I don't think it's actually any different. If you follow the novel thread, there are lots of people with their own favourite heroine or desired ending. But, of those dedicated enough to the franchise to have followed the novels to some degree, I doubt many hate Kirino that much, or else they'd just give up. But there seem to be more people willing to watch the anime despite hating Kirino -- likely because it takes less of an investment.

Personally speaking, I like all three of the heroines people often take sides over (Kirino, Kuroneko, and Ayase), so the shipping wars seem pretty silly to me... but you're right that things will probably get heated.
Old 2013-05-02, 00:27   Link #169
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post

So I imagine the reaction of the viewers, how...... 'active' the upcoming episode threads will be when the whole thing of Kyousuke dating Ruri airs, and then later when Ruri breaks up with him, with Kirino as the reason behind it and she is also the one comforting Kyousuke Mods will probably have to pull extra shift
Not really though, at the very least the Light Novel thread seem balanced enough between Kirino/Kuroneko/Ayase.
Old 2013-05-02, 00:40   Link #170
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think it's actually any different. If you follow the novel thread, there are lots of people with their own favourite heroine or desired ending. But, of those dedicated enough to the franchise to have followed the novels to some degree, I doubt many hate Kirino that much, or else they'd just give up. But there seem to be more people willing to watch the anime despite hating Kirino -- likely because it takes less of an investment.

Personally speaking, I like all three of the heroines people often take sides over (Kirino, Kuroneko, and Ayase), so the shipping wars seem pretty silly to me... but you're right that things will probably get heated.
Agreed. Heck, I'm a Kirino fan, but I've switched so many times it's ridiculous. For me, I just want an ending that makes sense. I don't want something random that just happens out of no where just to make the ending fit. Luckily, I don't think we're going to get something like that. I think the Author has been very careful in slowly planning everything out so that when it ends this June it'll be satisfying to everyone.
Old 2013-05-02, 01:22   Link #171
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
Agreed. Heck, I'm a Kirino fan, but I've switched so many times it's ridiculous. For me, I just want an ending that makes sense. I don't want something random that just happens out of no where just to make the ending fit. Luckily, I don't think we're going to get something like that. I think the Author has been very careful in slowly planning everything out so that when it ends this June it'll be satisfying to everyone.
The only way to actually satisfy everyone is an open end. Otherwise, some fan will rage. But I have to admit I like an open end myself. A Kirino-end seemed too far away to be true.
Old 2013-05-02, 02:07   Link #172
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:

Quote:
Not really though, at the very least the Light Novel thread seem balanced enough between Kirino/Kuroneko/Ayase.
I know that's fans who follow/active on the LN thread are more balanced, that's why I said it's the anime-only viewers/fans (those who only post/active on the current episode threads) ^^

I also never participated on shipping wars. Sure I wish for Ayase end but truthfully I'm fine with either open end, Kirino end (though I think Kirino end will equal open end), or Kuroneko end (my least favorite of the three). Heck I'd probably fine if it's Kanako end, as impossible as it is The only one I'd be disappointed with is, probably if it's Manami end
Old 2013-05-02, 02:20   Link #173
icebreaker

Honestly the only ending that makes sense in my mind now is - Kirino finally understanding that her brother isn't an omnipotent superhero, understanding what Manami said 3 years ago about having feelings for her brother would only cause trouble for everyone, forgive her brother, and let Kyousuke and herself live a happy life with someone else respectively.

I find no reason to hate any character, or to especially like any character, Fushimi has been amazing in illustrating each character's development and reason behind their actions.
Old 2013-05-02, 02:32   Link #174
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Honestly the only ending that makes sense in my mind now is - Kirino finally understanding that her brother isn't an omnipotent superhero, understanding what Manami said 3 years ago about having feelings for her brother would only cause trouble for everyone, forgive her brother, and let Kyousuke and herself live a happy life with someone else respectively.

I find no reason to hate any character, or to especially like any character, Fushimi has been amazing in illustrating each character's development and reason behind their actions.
I agree with you for the most part, I feel you are spot on in my opinion at least. Even if they do live happy lives with different people, its obvious they are still going to be very close for the rest of their lives unless something drastic happens in the final volume.

Fushimi created a really well rounded cast, the only really weak character at all to me is Kanako but I see her as more of a gag character so it makes sense that she is weaker in terms of development. Besides her however, every other girl has had a good amount of development and been present throughout the story playing some role.
Old 2013-05-02, 03:02   Link #175
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
The only way to actually satisfy everyone is an open end. Otherwise, some fan will rage. But I have to admit I like an open end myself. A Kirino-end seemed too far away to be true.
I dont know. An open end wouldnt be really satisfaying.I dont like it when a story didnt get a properly ending.For such a good story with well balanced Characters,it would just fell loveless to me if we get an open end.Even if it means that Kyousuke didnt end up with the Girl someone else like.At least we would have a close ending and everyone would have to accept the choice of the author.
Old 2013-05-02, 05:09   Link #176
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, this can be discussed in the novel thread (and probably should be), but the only problem with that is that you're assuming Kirino's feelings are (still?) one-sided. Even if Kirino abandoned her feelings for Kyousuke, it doesn't mean that Kyousuke can so easily abandon his feelings for her. The definition of just how deep his feelings run is the very topic to be settled in the final volume, but it's long past the point where we can pitch this as Kirino's one-sided crush. If Kirino were to try to accept Manami's advice in a one-sided fashion, it would only make it more likely that Kyousuke would go after her. They'd have to arrive at a mutual understanding.
Old 2013-05-02, 05:49   Link #177
icebreaker

Quote:
Well, this can be discussed in the novel thread (and probably should be), but the only problem with that is that you're assuming Kirino's feelings are (still?) one-sided. Even if Kirino abandoned her feelings for Kyousuke, it doesn't mean that Kyousuke can so easily abandon his feelings for her. The definition of just how deep his feelings run is the very topic to be settled in the final volume, but it's long past the point where we can pitch this as Kirino's one-sided crush. If Kirino were to try to accept Manami's advice in a one-sided fashion, it would only make it more likely that Kyousuke would go after her. They'd have to arrive at a mutual understanding.
I think it's possible to assume Kyousuke has no feelings for her. Similar to Daisuke being an over-protective father, Kyousuke is simply an over-protective brother, he doesn't want to put a family member he cares about on the hands of a man he doesn't know. Remember when he said he doesn't want Manami having a boyfriend? He treats Manami as family too.

As of Volume 11, I haven't seen Kyousuke blatantly having feelings other than sibling-relationship to his sister.

Spoiler for A little comparison to other works:

Please do move these posts to the LN thread if you wish so.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-05-02 at 06:01.
Old 2013-05-02, 06:07   Link #178
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I think it's possible to assume Kyousuke has no feelings for her. Similar to Daisuke being an over-protective father, Kyousuke is simply an over-protective brother, he doesn't want to put a family member he cares about on the hands of a man he doesn't know. [...] As of Volume 11, I haven't seen Kyousuke blatantly having feelings other than sibling-relationship to his sister.
I feel that's a bit of a selective reading of Kyousuke's behaviour towards Kirino in the most recent volumes (9, 10, 11). Some of his fantasizing and comments cross well over the line in my view. But I suppose it can be re-interpreted once the final volume comes out. For more details, we can probably go to the novel thread. (Edit: I'll add this as a reference to my previous comment about this, but it was something that was discussed quite a bit in the thread at the time.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-02 at 06:23.
Old 2013-05-02, 08:18   Link #179
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
I think it's possible to assume Kyousuke has no feelings for her. Similar to Daisuke being an over-protective father, Kyousuke is simply an over-protective brother, he doesn't want to put a family member he cares about on the hands of a man he doesn't know. Remember when he said he doesn't want Manami having a boyfriend? He treats Manami as family too.

As of Volume 11, I haven't seen Kyousuke blatantly having feelings other than sibling-relationship to his sister.

Spoiler for A little comparison to other works:

Please do move these posts to the LN thread if you wish so.
Please check the LN thread for my response.
Old 2013-05-05, 03:17   Link #180
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question- With the current pacing seen in Episode 5, are we still on course with the simultaneous Light novel ending, Captain?

I roughly know the major points of the story so you don't need to worry about that, but I don't have a grasp of the pacing since I never read the book...
Closed Thread