Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-11-05, 20:23   Link #1821
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
So whatever the hell were Makina, Reina, and Kaname going to do when they tried to break into Mikumo's room on the medical ship? Were they that desperate to see her for themselves that they disregarded their own safety?
I guess they didn't want to see Mikumo being experimented upon, which was what I actually expected. Or worse, deja-vu from an infamous scene in Evangelion. Fortunately, that was not the case.

That, and Mikumo = More important than YOU!!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-06, 15:31   Link #1822
magnuskn

The problem with that entire sequence of events is that a.) the other girls had no idea at the moment that Mikumo was a protoculture clone and b.) that it clashed completely with the rest of the portrayal of Chaos throughout the entire series. It seemed to exist for drama without any place in the actual story of the show.
Old 2016-11-06, 18:15   Link #1823
Tak

IIRC, was she not incarcerated in a NUNs medical facility?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-11-06, 18:55   Link #1824
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
IIRC, was she not incarcerated in a NUNs medical facility?

- Tak
Nah it was a Xaos Medical ship.

Kaname, Makina and Reina were worried because IIRC the ship appeared without them requesting it and the the people of that ship took Mikumo immediatly and didn't tell them anything about her situation for days, but like Magnuskn said, it was Xaos and that point there was no real reason for the three girls to be that worried about Mikumo to the point of wanting to infiltrate the ship.
Old 2016-11-06, 19:15   Link #1825
Tak

Oh, well that was stupid.

Still, the only punishment they got was... detention...

They got off, really lightly!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-11-06, 23:42   Link #1826
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Other than necessity for the plot, how does that episode's premise make any sense? Chaos keeps a medical ship ready just for the Star Singer clone, but doesn't apprise her superiors and colleagues of anything so that she won't unnecessarily get into life-threatening situations in the first place? What kind of military thinking is that? Damn you, Lady M (and the producers for not revealing Lady M's identity).
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 00:12   Link #1827
Tak

Quote:
Chaos keeps a medical ship ready just for the Star Singer clone, but doesn't apprise her superiors and colleagues of anything so that she won't unnecessarily get into life-threatening situations in the first place? What kind of military thinking is that?
But she'd end up as a lucky drop for Roid, lol.

- Tak

Old 2016-11-07, 03:09   Link #1828
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But she'd end up as a lucky drop for Roid, lol.

- Tak
It is fascinating how STUPID it was that she ended up captured. Consider the immense costs that created her, I am surprised she doesn't have permanent guards watching her.

Some of you might remember that I theorised that NUNs deliberately gave her to Roid as a trap. But that is only because the alternative, that she just HAPPENED to be captured by accident, is too stupid for me to comprehend.

And yet, the stupid option is the canon one.
Old 2016-11-07, 11:25   Link #1829
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It is fascinating how STUPID it was that she ended up captured. Consider the immense costs that created her, I am surprised she doesn't have permanent guards watching her.

Some of you might remember that I theorised that NUNs deliberately gave her to Roid as a trap. But that is only because the alternative, that she just HAPPENED to be captured by accident, is too stupid for me to comprehend.

Ya noticed too? That a lot of Windermere's breaks came as result of pure, dumb luck?

- Tak

Old 2016-11-07, 15:09   Link #1830
magnuskn

Which of course they themselves chalked up their racial superiority.
Old 2016-11-07, 18:19   Link #1831
Father Hentai

Quote:
Other than necessity for the plot, how does that episode's premise make any sense? Chaos keeps a medical ship ready just for the Star Singer clone, but doesn't apprise her superiors and colleagues of anything so that she won't unnecessarily get into life-threatening situations in the first place? What kind of military thinking is that? Damn you, Lady M (and the producers for not revealing Lady M's identity).
Makina received the same quick treatment when a bullet shot through her. But the main reason why Mikumo receives special treatment is because a) she is unique in her kind and b) her physical data is confidential. Arad already mentioned that the bigger the organization the more secrets it has. This goes for Mikumo as well.

Quote:

Uhm, haven't you noticed that she is guarded all the time by delta squad?

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2016-11-07 at 18:31.
Father Hentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 21:09   Link #1832
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post

You watched the show, right? I would rather have a troop of girl scouts as bodyguards.

Actually if I could have all the alumni of the troop my cousin lead I could probably take over the whole sector.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 23:10   Link #1833
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Lol guarded. She keeps jumping in front of enemy fire/protecting Freyja all the time. I'm surprised she never got injured. Though realism and Delta... yeah.
And I'd go with girlscouts for bodyguards too.
Old 2016-11-08, 01:41   Link #1834
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
They only guarded her as a singer. They didn't guard her as an expensive secret project.

What's the difference?
Well, had it ever been suggested that Delta Squad would protect the Star Singer with their very lives? I don't see that. She should have had guards protecting her, who knew how valuble she was and acted accordingly. But instead she had regular guards, who have no idea of her true value. That's insane, and can only imply that Lady M is retarded.
Old 2016-11-08, 02:18   Link #1835
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
You watched the show, right? I would rather have a troop of girl scouts as bodyguards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I'd go with girlscouts for bodyguards too.
Give my grandma a proper (futuristic) gears and she'll do a better job protecting Miku than Chaos/Delta ever did :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-11-08, 02:38   Link #1836
Father Hentai

Quote:
They only guarded her as a singer. They didn't guard her as an expensive secret project.

What's the difference?
Well, had it ever been suggested that Delta Squad would protect the Star Singer with their very lives? I don't see that. She should have had guards protecting her, who knew how valuble she was and acted accordingly. But instead she had regular guards, who have no idea of her true value. That's insane, and can only imply that Lady M is retarded.
Nobody knew she's the star singer until it was revealed. So maybe the security would at least tighter when they knew what she was. But then she would not be with Chaos but something bigger.

Another reason to avoid having bodyguards around her is to avoid bringing up too much attention. Which reminds me. She actually had Mirage who was chasing her in Al Shahal.

Considering that all the battlefield are walküres' stage, any bodyguard are a hindrance to the show unless they dance and sing on stage as well.
Old 2016-11-08, 02:48   Link #1837
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Nobody knew she's the star singer until it was revealed. So maybe the security would at least tighter when they knew what she was. But then she would not be with Chaos but something bigger.
She is MEANT to be something bigger. She is not the first "Extremely powerful artificial female" in mecha anime. But she is the most loosely defended. And she is just way too valuable to be doing what she is doing, unless Lady M actually have several dozen more of her in storage. As she was portrayed in the anime, she was just too casual about the threats he face. She could have died at any point, so why did Lady M take that risk? And why did Lady M leave her in the care of Delta, who are entirely incompetent compared to most other Macross squadrons in past series?

One problem with making Mirage a bad flyer, is that it makes her entire team look bad. They should not have done that, it creates the very much justified idea that Delta as a squad are a bunch of unwanted rejects.
Old 2016-11-08, 10:35   Link #1838
Magewolf

Quote:
She is MEANT to be something bigger. She is not the first "Extremely powerful artificial female" in mecha anime. But she is the most loosely defended. And she is just way too valuable to be doing what she is doing, unless Lady M actually have several dozen more of her in storage. As she was portrayed in the anime, she was just too casual about the threats he face. She could have died at any point, so why did Lady M take that risk? And why did Lady M leave her in the care of Delta, who are entirely incompetent compared to most other Macross squadrons in past series?

One problem with making Mirage a bad flyer, is that it makes her entire team look bad. They should not have done that, it creates the very much justified idea that Delta as a squad are a bunch of unwanted rejects.
The only thing that actually makes much sense is that Lady M wanted her to be captured by the Windies for some reason.

Delta squad had one good pilot, who was a grenade with pin pulled just waiting to go off, a giant flying target, two nonentities, and a forklift driver with no flying experience. It is not surprising that they jobbed and went from one defeat to another.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 10:54   Link #1839
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
But that's the thing, Lady M and maybe the cientific branch of Xaos knew what Mikumo really was but no one of the Ragna branch of Xaos was supposed to know, that was also the point of getting her become a part of an Idol group instead of making her a solo artist, to hide her and what she really was, and it kinda worked because the only person that found out was Roid and that was because that floating light thingie entered his head in the sanctum (and they never explained what that was or why it happened )

Although I agree that it was pretty stupid of Delta squad to send her with just Makina and Reina alone when they arrived to Windermere, even if they didn't really know Mikumo was the star singer, they knew she was the only one able to destroy the ruins, they said so themselves, so the most important person for that specific mission was sent with two idols that have zero combat ability instead of making her go with arad or even Mirage who were soldiers at one point.

Quote:
But Mirage was not really a bad pilot, Messer and others said that she was a good pilot, it's just that he piloted too by the book, like following a recipie, and that made her predictable.
Also, aside from the six main aerial knights (who are practically super-humans) Delta squad never had a problem with any other enemy, Zentradi, controled NUNS pilots or Windermereans. Most of Delta Squad shortcomings IMO come from their leaders, in this case Ernest and Arad who is probably the worst commander of all Macross.
Old 2016-11-08, 11:01   Link #1840
Tak

Quote:
I think people should take a hint after she fainted and later confined in a medical facility (complete with Eva vibes) all by her lonesome.

Hell, they did take a hint, thus the whole break-in-for-drama episode.

- Tak